Grimlock runs a gauntlet

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Grimlock runs a gauntlet. Comics version of Grimlock. He has his energy sword and gun when he uses his robot mode. He can use robot and dino modes in the fight.

Round 1: Armadillo and a Triceraton (from TMNT--he has a laser rifle and a metal three-section-staff)

Round 2: The Wrecker (with crowbar) and the Thing

Round 3: Warstar and Captain Marvel (classic)

Round 4: Rom (with weapons)

Round 5: Executioner (with axe)

Round 6: Dragon Man

Grimlock is repaired after every battle. He gets 1 hour of prep for each battle, including a basic dossier of information on who they are. His opponents get no prep/information.

Grimlock
Grimlock
Armadillo
Armadillo
Triceraton
Triceraton
Wrecker
Wrecker
Thing
Thing
Warstar
Warstar
Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel
Rom
Rom
Executioner
Executioner
Dragon Man
Dragon Man
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

Bump.

Feel free to use the G1 cartoon version of Grimlock if you're not familiar with the comics version!

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nickthedevil

We going to use Marvel Comics run, or IDW? In marvel comics Grimlock was nigh invincible. Almost. And even in the TV show, the dinobots were indestructible. I say he clears this... But i have no idea about Captain Mar-vell, and War star

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

@nickthedevil said:

We going to use Marvel Comics run, or IDW? In marvel comics Grimlock was nigh invincible. Almost. And even in the TV show, the dinobots were indestructible. I say he clears this... But i have no idea about Captain Mar-vell, and War star

Basically just use the strongest version of Grimlock you're familiar with.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nickthedevil

IIRC, Grimlock solo'ed a team of Megatron, starscream, soundwave, thundercracker and skywarp.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

In the cartoons and marvel continuity

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall

@nickthedevil said:

Sounds like pretty sound analysis to me, however, i am not too familiar with MArvel Comics run of the Transformers, but I am more familiar with Dreamwave continuity where Grimlock look pretty powerful but not as indestructible as Marvel, so i suppose we ought to go with the marvel version you described. Dreamwave Grimlock had problems with Soundwave (which is later won), Rumble (which he won too but he did look quite beat up).

I am still doubtful how is he going to handle Executioner's attacks, his axe is pretty insanely powerful and we know very little about Grimlock speed and reaction time (i never seen any instance where his speed or reaction times were mentioned, do you know of any??)/.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nickthedevil

@Killemall: No reaction time thats impressive he wasnt sluggish but he was okay in that department. But to make up for it, When in his alt. mode: A t- rex, he was indestructible. Example: Megatron's fusion cannon decimated entire mountains but bounced off of Grimlock's Alt. mode armor.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MrDirector786

I'm not sure which Grimlock is the strongest version. I'm most familiar with the IDW comics version. That version is actually smart but I'm not entirely sure how he compares to other versions of Grimlock. I am also familiar with the G1 cartoon Grimlock but that show as also very inconsistent in both story and how powerful the characters were.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nickthedevil

@MrDirector786 said:

I'm not sure which Grimlock is the strongest version. I'm most familiar with the IDW comics version. That version is actually smart but I'm not entirely sure how he compares to other versions of Grimlock. I am also familiar with the G1 cartoon Grimlock but that show as also very inconsistent in both story and how powerful the characters were.

He was smart in Marvel Continuity too. hell, he actually tricked the autobots into making him their leader, proclaimed himself king, an had his dinobots as the enforcers to execute anyone who opposed him

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

@nickthedevil said:

@MrDirector786 said:

He was smart in Marvel Continuity too. hell, he actually tricked the autobots into making him their leader, proclaimed himself king, an had his dinobots as the enforcers to execute anyone who opposed him

Really? That's awesome.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nickthedevil

@MrDirector786 said:

@nickthedevil said:

@MrDirector786 said:

Really? That's awesome.

I know right? he actually killed Blaster, along with a few others.and even when Optimus came back to life, they duked it out and Grimlock won. Grimlock also got rid of that rule about not harming Humans.

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By grimlock

@nickthedevil said:

IIRC, Grimlock solo'ed a team of Megatron, starscream, soundwave, thundercracker and skywarp.

yeah thats my machine

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By owie  Moderator

@nickthedevil said:

No reaction time thats impressive he wasnt sluggish but he was okay in that department. But to make up for it, When in his alt. mode: A t- rex, he was indestructible. Example: Megatron's fusion cannon decimated entire mountains but bounced off of Grimlock's Alt. mode armor.

Wow, I didn't realize the Marvel version was so powerful. I had assumed it was more or less in line with the IDW version.

I guess we can use different versions of Grimlock in this battle, and people can just comment on which version they're talking about. The IDW one was the one I was really thinking about.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nickthedevil

Yea, everyone who was anyone in transformers was OP. megatron shot black holes, dinobots were invincible, and shockwave Solo'ed ALL the Autobots at their own base. But ohk, lets go with IDW continuity... With IDW: he gets past the first 2 rounds. I know nought of Captain marvel and rom and warstar so i'll skip those. I think if he is quick enough he MIGHT be able to take out executioner. Maybe. Chances are slim. And i think he can take Dragon man. I think he gets past all of them, besides round 5.