owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Fantomex vs Mastermind vs Miracle Man

This battle is purely mental.  This is not a physical fight at all.  Whoever mentally overcomes or most successfully tricks the others through their illusions wins.

Battle takes place in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.  They are all together, facing each other, in the Monet Water Lillies gallery.

Fantomex is standard and does not have EVA.  Mastermind is Jason Wyngarde and is standard.  Miracle Man is pre-death Joshua Ayers, see below for versions.

Round 1: Miracle Man is standard.

Round 2: Miracle Man has Cheemuzwa (Silent Ones) powers.  He only uses these powers to enhance his mental abilities.

Fantomex
 Fantomex
Mastermind
Mastermind
Miracle Man (standard)
Miracle Man (standard)

Miracle Man (Cheemuzwa powers)
 Miracle Man (Cheemuzwa powers)
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Miracle Man wins

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sandiego008

I actually think mastermind may take all rounds. Though w/ my limited knowledge on some of these people I might be swayed. Mastermind can literally make an illusion and drown the other 2.

Question would be who has the greatest defense against illusions?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator
@sandiego008 said:

I actually think mastermind may take all rounds. Though w/ my limited knowledge on some of these people I might be swayed. Mastermind can literally make an illusion and drown the other 2.

Question would be who has the greatest defense against illusions?

I kind of agree, their defensive abilities may be just as important as their offensive ones.  I'd probably rank normal Miracle Man at the bottom of defense, followed by Mastermind.  Mastermind, as you point out, can be lethal within the illusion itself, offensively.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By owie  Moderator

No one's even going to say Fantomex solos?

Here's the old handbook entry on Miracle Man, if anyone needs to read that before commenting.  He's a fairly solid hypnotist, and was much more powerful in his Cheemuzwa version.

As for other feats, keep in mind that Mastermind was able to control Jean Grey with her original Phoenix powers (I think with a machine amping him), making her the Black Queen, and essentially instigated the Dark Phoenix.  Later he did a pretty good job fooling Rachel Summers when she had her Phoenix powers.  Fantomex has I believe fooled Prof. X and Jean Grey.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sandiego008

i'm sticking with mastermind until someone argues w/ proof otherwise.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Miracle Man.

Though I can be convinced otherwise.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jezer

I just remember multiple people saying that Fantomex has misdirected a Celestial Ship and powerful telepaths....

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

I don't know enough about Fantomex myself. I would think he would have good defenses with all his multiple brains and whatnot. But I would think that Mastermind would probably be the most powerful in round 1, and Miracle Man in round 2.