• 58 results
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Matezoide2

Good day,ladies and gentleman,today's fight is Retnex with our loved Matezoide (who happens to be me)
this Highrise takes place atop the ludicrously high Hong Kong ICC Tower

No Caption Provided
little video of the arena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cKJwoOhsO4&feature=player_embedded 

BFR is possible if you can push your opponent off the tower, however if you have an ability that can keep you from falling like flight it does not count as a BFR.
Hope your guys don't get vertigo!  

Mr.Retnex starts at interior 2,while myself start at interior 3

and now,for our contestants's characters!!

Retnex's dude - Logaaaaaaaaaaaan  Blaze!!

No Caption Provided

Wolverine - 40 (Healing Factor, Bone Claws, Superhuman Traits, Superhuman Senses) 
Corrosive Touch - 20 (Maverick)
Fire Breath - 15 (Lockheed) 
Hellfire Shotgun - 15 (Ghost Rider)
Booger Spit Ewww! - 10 (Toad) 

and Matezoide's guy - John Layton!!
No Caption Provided

Chi Martial Arts - 15 (Iron Fist)
 Martial Arts Mastery - 20 (Richard Dragon)
 Weapons Mastery - 10 (Muramasa Blade)
 Muramasa - 25 
 Chi Manipulation - 30 (Iron Fist)

two tough motherf*ckers enter the ring,only one leaves,who will prevail?  

Retnex can give the starting argument
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Retnex

Retnex can give the starting argument

Ok.

Umm, *watches video*

Ok.

Not to much to say about strategy with my guy. He'll probably walk out to somewhere open, but completely expose himself (not completely, he'll keep his clothes on). Since most of his powers are ranged, he'll want a clear range of vision. But he also wants to be visible. Instead of using stealth to learn about the enemy, my guy likes to do it by jumping into the fight. I'm not sure which would be a better spot for him, on the roof of the interiors or the passageway, but he wont put much thought into it. He'll just leisurely walk forward like a badass, pick a good spot, and wait for the enemy. The only thing I can say about the map is my guy would enjoy utilizing the gas tanks.

Here's the idea: 
His senses can help locate the enemy. Once located, booger spit/fire breath combine to become flaming booger spit (or can be used separately).
If the enemy gets close enough, the hellfire shotgun/firebreath will be used.
If the enemy gets past that, then it goes to the claws. Simple enough.

Now then, I have no idea about your strategy. But I can go ahead and try to compare your guys powers against mine. 

My advantage is long range, while yours is most definitely short/mid range. I don't know if your guy will be able to get close to mine, you may have the reflexes to dodge my shots but I don't know if you have the agility. I'll let you cover that.

I pretty much see this being a short fight. Either my guy sets yours on fire, or yours turns mine into minced meat. 

Oh, and your photos fine, but I got one for my guy.
 minus the adamantium
 minus the adamantium

And thanks for the PM, I honestly wouldn't have know this was happening if you hadn't told me :)
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Matezoide2

Since our characters can both sense danger (you with the super-human senses and me with the Chi),a sneak attack wont happen and rushing is prety much what Mr.Layton likes to do anyway,so we are likely to fight out-side (after all,the only way we could fight inside is if one of then stood still)

when the fight starts,and your character shoots booger spit/fire breath,but my dude is a bullet timer based on powers alone,i also got Richard Dragon's skills
as we know,Richard is one of DC's best fighters,if it were not for Karate-I-Can-Stop-Earthquakes-With-A-Quick-Kid,he could be the top fighter in DC, with his skills plus Iron Fist's powers,i will basicaly be a Super Iron Fist, dodging bullets,fire,thunders,etc... are a child's play for John Layton
Addtionaly,i am not completely defense-less in long range 
All that is required for me,is to dance around Logan to get closer,shooting Chi blasts if necessary and use the Muramasa Blade to one-shot him or knocking him out the bulding with a Iron Fist to the head
because of my superior reaction time,agility and ,specialy, fighting skills,John shouldnt have trouble getting within range

and sorry for the pic :P

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sherlock
@Matezoide: LMFAO Karate i can stop an earthquake with a kick kid thats awesome
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Matezoide2
@Sherlock said:
" @Matezoide: LMFAO Karate i can stop an earthquake with a kick kid thats awesome "
and sadly,accurate :(
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sherlock
@Matezoide said:
" @Sherlock said:
" @Matezoide: LMFAO Karate i can stop an earthquake with a kick kid thats awesome "
and sadly,accurate :( "
True enough but that was still a finny way of putting it
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 

I don't know much about anything Iron Fist, so they're may be inaccuracies:
Richard Dragon's skills and Iron Fist Chi Manipulation would make it extremely easy to dodge my booger spit. But do you really have the traits to get close to me? I mean, standing still, you can dodge any amount of booger spit with ease. In fact, you can dodge while on the move. But you don't necessarily have any special physical traits. So won't the amount of energy needed to dodge with such speed AND keep moving forward be tiring? Or does chi manipulation help with that?

Point is, getting up close may be harder than you think. Logan will be firing booger spit, setting areas on fire with his breath, and shooting hellfire out a shotgun. Your guy will have to be on the move constantly, and while his reactions may be fast it doesn't mean he can run fast or leap far. 

Anyway, your close to convincing me that your guy wins, I just don't want to go down without somewhat of a fight.

And don't worry about the pic :)
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex: 
well,I ron Fist is prety damn fast,he has dodged several bullets,lasers and stuff like that without getting tired,so i would say Chi helps him
the fact my character posses peak human stamina (without using Chi),helps a lot too, though i am prety sure Chi manipulation enchances Jo hn's o verral s tats

John is Iron Fist with Richard Dragon,both of these are known for dodging bullets in a regular basis (Iron Fist has ,in fact,grabbed a bullet in the past),it might take a while because of your character's fire power,but he will get close
worst case scenario,John can distract Logan ( or keep him off his balance) with some Chi blasts 

@Retnex said:
 And don't worry about the pic :) "
:)
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Retnex

the fact my character posses peak human stamina (without using Chi),helps a lot too 

Where does that come from?

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex said:
"

the fact my character posses peak human stamina (without using Chi),helps a lot too 

Where does that come from?   "
well,if someone trained to become as good as Richard Dragon,i assume he would be peak-human or ,at least, above the average person
though i stilll posses Chi,wich gives my dude super-human-like status
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide said:
" @Retnex said:
"

well,if someone trained to become as good as Richard Dragon,i assume he would be peak-human or ,at least, above the average person though i stilll posses Chi,wich gives my dude super-human-like status "
I'm not sure if the skill is obtained through practice or a matrix style downloading. It would seem like that's why peak human traits is listed on it's own.
Like I said I don't know anything about chi, so I'll except that. But what if Logan created a wall of fire between the combatants? He might be able to block John off into a corner. 

I probably can't make any more points other than the idea of setting everything around me on fire when you get close, killing us both.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Retnex said:
"

well,if someone trained to become as good as Richard Dragon,i assume he would be peak-human or ,at least, above the average person though i stilll posses Chi,wich gives my dude super-human-like status "
I'm not sure if the skill is obtained through practice or a matrix style downloading. It would seem like that's why peak human traits is listed on it's own. Like I said I don't know anything about chi, so I'll except that. But what if Logan created a wall of fire between the combatants? He might be able to block John off into a corner.   I probably can't make any more points other than the idea of setting everything around me on fire when you get close, killing us both. "
that does makes sense,i`ll conced here

as for the wall,it would have to be prety long to prevent John from putting the sword (and some of his hand) through it,stabbing Logan and canceling his healing factor
putting his hand on fire would certanly injure Layton,but thanks to the  Chi,he can heal the wounds faster and posses big pain tolerance (thanks to his fighting skills)
addtionaly,Iron Fist punched the exploding train and wasnt seriously injured by it,and it was a big explosion,i would say that ,at the very least,John can take it long enough to beat Logan and use Chi to recover his injures
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide said:
" that does makes sense,i`ll conced hereas for the wall,it would have to be prety long to prevent John from putting the sword (and some of his hand) through it,stabbing Logan and canceling his healing factor putting his hand on fire would certanly injure Layton,but thanks to the  Chi,he can heal the wounds faster and posses big pain tolerance (thanks to his fighting skills) addtionaly,Iron Fist punched the exploding train and wasnt seriously injured by it,and it was a big explosion,i would say that ,at the very least,John can take it long enough to beat Logan and use Chi to recover his injures "
With the wall, I meant that he could do it when there is still some distance between the two. The "killing us both" idea is more about creating a huge burst of flame with no concern for Logan's survival. 
The wall is to prevent John from getting close to Logan. That's why I said he might be able to block John in, if he uses strategy and backs John into a corner.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex said:

" @Matezoide said:

" that does makes sense,i`ll conced hereas for the wall,it would have to be prety long to prevent John from putting the sword (and some of his hand) through it,stabbing Logan and canceling his healing factor putting his hand on fire would certanly injure Layton,but thanks to the  Chi,he can heal the wounds faster and posses big pain tolerance (thanks to his fighting skills) addtionaly,Iron Fist punched the exploding train and wasnt seriously injured by it,and it was a big explosion,i would say that ,at the very least,John can take it long enough to beat Logan and use Chi to recover his injures "
With the wall, I meant that he could do it when there is still some distance between the two. The "killing us both" idea is more about creating a huge burst of flame with no concern for Logan's survival.  The wall is to prevent John from getting close to Logan. That's why I said he might be able to block John in, if he uses strategy and backs John into a corner. "
hum,despite that,the fire isnt close to the power of an exploding train,wich Iron Fist took suffering little damage,Layton should be able to rush through it or disperse the fire with a chi blast  (or better yet,shoot a blast of Chi through the fire to hit Logan)
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Awesome debate so far guys :)

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 
Yes, but he might actually catch on fire, which is continuous, so he'd have to stop, drop, and roll. Especially if the suicide thing works. 
And if your chi gives you a healing factor, would the corrosive touch do anything to it?

Sorry if my post are becoming shorter, I'm really distracted lately.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex: 
it would be very painfull,but Layton is still wearing clothes,the majority of the fire wont be burning him directly...at least,for a while
this gives Layton enough time to finish off Logan and then take away his clothes (or,like you said,stop,drop and roll),keep in mind,he is highly focused,``some`` fire wont make him suddenly stop,after all,isnt that what Richard Dragon would do (if he could heal from said fire and knew a single hit was enough)?
it is not like the Chi gives a healing factor,i simply use it to heal from wounds,but it isnt automatic
because of this,i dont believe the corrosive touch would do anything at all

it is alright :)
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 
"Some" fire probably wont be horrible, even the Colonel in Avatar didn't freak about that, but I'm saying if a wall of fire was created in certain areas in might limit John's movements and allow Logan to completely set him on fire. Unless he's a protesting monk he's not going to be calm about that (was it wrong that I said that?). 

BUT, I'm surprised your not trying to make more of a point of how hard it would be to set up a wall in the right spots. There is cover and things to climb, and the fire breath probably isn't very fast if used at a long distance. There's an argument in that for both sides. 

I didn't think the corrosive touch was going to play a big part this round, just thought I'd bring it up.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex: 
i just dont think Logan will have time to make a wall of fire (not like he can actualy do it,since he only shoots fire from his mouth and has no control over it)

meh,i am prety sure Richard has been through worse and managed to keep his cool,dont see why Layton cant

Logan`s main power is long range,and he isnt aware of how out-matched he is in close range,if Layton gets close,Logan would probaly use the claws (or try to hit him with fire)

thats not to mention all the free space and cover that is on the arena and that can be used by Layton to evade the fire and get close to him

not to mention,Layton still posses his Chi blasts (you saw the scans) to injure or distract Logan (even if just for a second)
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 

i just dont think Logan will have time to make a wall of fire (not like he can actualy do it,since he only shoots fire from his mouth and has no control over it)   

Why couldn't he? I'd imagine the flames would be a long stream like a flame thrower. All he has to do is purse his lips and blow from left to right, which sounds disgusting now that I typed that out. 

meh,i am prety sure Richard has been through worse and managed to keep his cool,dont see why Layton cant

Being on fire!? Like I said, having a sleeve on fire wouldn't cause panic. But being covered in flames would not only hurt like crazy, but distort your senses too. I think he'd at least have to find some time to put himself out. 

Logan`s main power is long range,and he isnt aware of how out-matched he is in close range,if Layton gets close,Logan would probaly use the claws (or try to hit him with fire)

Yep. Though Logan's powers are based on long range. So he'll focus on that and try not to get face to face. Besides, your guy has a sword. 

thats not to mention all the free space and cover that is on the arena and that can be used by Layton to evade the fire and get close to him

The cover would be useful for both of us. If objects are blocking John's path, then Logan only has to set the gaps between them on fire. If he tries to climb over them, it's a small range of area that can be hit quick.  

not to mention,Layton still posses his Chi blasts (you saw the scans) to injure or distract Logan (even if just for a second) 

True, but the situation is your guy trying to get close to me while my guy gets to hold still and focus. Plus my guy has more long range capabilities, so John will be more distracted than Logan. Besides, with my senses dodging might not be impossible for my guy either. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Matezoide2

@Retnex:
Why couldn't he? I'd imagine the flames would be a long stream like a flame thrower. All he has to do is purse his lips and blow from left to right, which sounds disgusting now that I typed that out. 

oh,sorry,i thought you mean a literal wall of fire :P
in a case like this,Layton can jump to evade the flames and get behind your guy 

Being on fire!? Like I said, having a sleeve on fire wouldn't cause panic. But being covered in flames would not only hurt like crazy, but distort your senses too. I think he'd at least have to find some time to put himself out

i suppose your right,but should my character be hit by the fire in close range (possibly mid-swinging his sword),i think he has enough time to slash Logan before the fire causes any real damage

Yep. Though Logan's powers are based on long range. So he'll focus on that and try not to get face to face. Besides, your guy has a sword.

true,but if Layton gets too close,Logan will have to use his claws to attempt at not getting beheaded (or he could run,but i dont think that`s a likely scenario)

The cover would be useful for both of us. If objects are blocking John's path, then Logan only has to set the gaps between them on fire. If he tries to climb over them, it's a small range of area that can be hit quick. 

Correct,but theres a fairily large amount of objects,Logan would have to a hard time setting all gaps betwen then on fire,specialy when my guy is a prety good jumper
Again,correct on the ``small range of area`` part,but it wont matter if John can get out of it on time,all he needs to do is jump from object to object

True, but the situation is your guy trying to get close to me while my guy gets to hold still and focus. Plus my guy has more long range capabilities, so John will be more distracted than Logan. Besides, with my senses dodging might not be impossible for my guy either.

exactly,for the start of the battle,your guy will be on the offensive,as mine`s tries to get close,after dodging for a while,wouldnt Logan assume that John posses no ways of countering his fire (other than dodging),a quickly Chi blast at mid-range might not hit,but it should surprise Logan or keep him off his balance (should it connect) because it isnt something he isnt expecting
or John can use a wider Chi blast at mid-range (again,you saw this scan),wich would be hard for Logan to evade and should knock him down (or possibly out of the bulding,but thats unlikely), giving John the time required to stab him through a lung
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 

in a case like this,Layton can jump to evade the flames and get behind your guy    
specialy when my guy is a prety good jumper   
all he needs to do is jump from object to object

I'm still not sure if your guy has the full agility of Iron Fist. The only reason I say that is none of your powers are meant for superhuman agility, just martial art skill, not training. The chi manipulation is the only possible enhancement, so that might be what you're referring to. 

i suppose your right,but should my character be hit by the fire in close range (possibly mid-swinging his sword),i think he has enough time to slash Logan before the fire causes any real damage 

If he manages to get that close. Still up to the point above. 

Correct,but theres a fairily large amount of objects,Logan would have to a hard time setting all gaps betwen then on fire

More objects means less amount of space needed to be covered. And with Logan's senses, he should be able to tell which direction to hit first to make it harder for John to find an opening.
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CaptainRodgers

Matezoide's guy due to him being a Wolverine killing machine (murumassa blade and mastery of using it) 
What does C-A-T stand for ?
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Retnex
@CaptainRodgers: Create a Tournament, we're in a tourney where everything is a community collaboration. The people who participate create a character using a list of powers and then go through a tourney of debates over who would win.  
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex: 
ok,i suppose that`s good enough,want to start voting or continue?
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 
Go to voting, I was actually about to suggest that. My time is getting shorter.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex said:
" @Matezoide:  Go to voting, I was actually about to suggest that. My time is getting shorter. "
ok then

LET THE VOTING.....

BEGIN!!
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Hey now! That is my job!!!!!!!!

But yeah, begun this thread's voting has!

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By NexusOfLight

Well let's see what we got here. A flaming, booga throwin', shotgun shootin', corrosive touchin' animal up against a samurai swordin', chi manipulatin' martial artiste. Pretty good match up if I do say so myself, which I totally do. So the main question of the debate is whether Matezoide's dude,  John Layton, will be able to force himself through the fire and flames in order to get to Retnex's guy, Logan Blaze, for a solid victory. While it is true that Layton's chi allows for projectile assaults, I agree with Retnex's notion that in the long range department Blaze should have the definitive long range advantage. That said, if any close range fighting were to occur, the win would most likely go to Layton. A skilled martial artist against someone who spits boogers in his down time, no contest. But like I said, the main issue for Layton will be turning what Blaze has set up as a long range battle into a short to mid range one. 

Based on the arguments presented, Retnex did a great job in molding the confrontation to his character's advantage. Keeping the distance between the two characters while also forcing the character to endure walls of fire in order to move closer definitely seems sound, and since Blaze's healing factor is automatic, that takes away any fatigue he may undergo during the fight, meaning all that really needs to be done is outlast Layton while keeping his distance, and then when Layton tries to heal himself with his chi, something that isn't automatic, it's just a matter of shooting him with more fire while his guard is down. 

Great debate for both of you. Took me a couple of re-reads to actually pick a winner, but at the end of the day, Retnex sold me more on his strategy. So my vote goes to him. 

1-0 Retnex leads.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Gonna say Metezoide, I think if he's amped himself up on Chi before the thing gets going, like it sounds he will do, he should have no real trouble bursting thru the flames and gettin Retnex's dude out of the battle. 
The only thing that (imo) would slow him down is if he actually did fire off those Chi blasts and use up his stash. 
Tie 1-1
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sentryssj4

Im gonna go with Retnex 2-1

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HumanNumber

I'll take John "Puzzle Solving, Butt Kicking, Train Punching Wonder" Layton. 2-2
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sherlock

Im gonna go Layton here Mate 3-2

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Retnex did a good job of defending his character, but I'm still not convinced Logan could take a majority. 

Matezoide 4-2

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Susanoo

I'm going with Matezoide
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Matezoide2

bump for moar votes :D

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By PirateKing69

voting for Matezoide 

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Matezoide2

final bump

6-2

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 
I'm pretty sure we know who won ;D
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex: 
i just want to make sure it is ,indeed, over
even thought i got the advantage,the match isnt over until Dedman says so ;)
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 
Okay, I'll go pay off a bunch of people to vote for me before he does, including Dedman ;)
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Since all matches are in voting, I'll end them on Friday and start the next round on Monday. So start pming people for votes!

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex said:
" @Matezoide:  Okay, I'll go pay off a bunch of people to vote for me before he does, including Dedman ;) "
you wouldnt dare ;)

@DedmanWalkin:
*sends PMs to a bunch of users*
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Put your battle links in here in the opening thread, maybe someone will read my status and check it out :)....wait, all the links are there :/
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Retnex
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Matezoide2
@Retnex: 
*shakes fist at Retnex*

You bastard,i`ll kill you

I`LL KILL YOU TO DEATH!
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Retnex
@Matezoide: 
lol
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Retnex
@(((Prodigy))): 
Do you know how many votes I need to catch up with Mate!? That's a lot of bribes, I'm not rich.
And that's just for Dedman, since he runs this thing. Common voters would get less. 
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#50  Edited By Strafe Prower

Matezoide gets my vote.