Who'd win ? For what reasons?

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Dabi needs more feats though Stain is actually a good counter to overhaul.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Team one

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Leaning towards team 2, mostly cause we need more feats for Dabi, but i could see a case made for team 1 given Stain's quirk.

SvenSeelie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 has no counter for Overhaul's spike attack, so he one-shots. Stain has no counter for it mid-air and Dabi can only dodge if he can propel himself with his flames, and that's not how fire works in this verse, so.

Team 2 10/10

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember does team 2 have a counter for long range attacks? Also wasn't it stated in the manga Dabi could have killed Kirashima? Dabi may actually be the MVP if I am remembering stuff correctly.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Coming back to this Overhaul could solo

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't know enough about Dabi.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheWatcherKing

I'm not sure what I was thinking before, team two stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b63a91e97bd3
deactivated-5b63a91e97bd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Dabi's recent feat change something?

Seems like a pretty decent hall of flames when you look at its size compared to the nearby buildings.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kick, punch, it's all in ya mind...

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Still team two.

Avatar image for archangelofrhea
ArchangelOfRhea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 stomps!

Al_Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me of I'm wrong, but recent showing would put Dabi at solo level, no?

BlueApril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overhaul should take it for team 2

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19 krisbishop  Moderator

Still Team 2, but it's closer now.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Belando

@escrow said:

Still Team 2, but it's closer now.

^This.

Rappa got a pretty mad boost in vigilante, which again Overhaul scales to .

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dabi just incinerates them.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Belando

Dont think Dabi has to feats to just incinerate them as of now, and he struggles with faster opponents.

Nejire survived with little injury after a rather serious attack that Dabi was confident did a lot of damage.

Which is only one of multiple times people have dealt with his flames, even when he's pushing himself.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando: He didn’t look like he was exerting himself that much. He seems to be overpowering shoto right now and the attack he used on geten is huge.

Overhaul might be able to block it but he needs to touch the ground. Dabi just had to blast him. We also know his fire can reach over 2000 degrees Celsius. Steel for comparison melts at 1370 degrees Celsius.

I don’t know how hado survived. Maybe she reduced the power of dabi’s blast with her own power. I don’t know if I would classify it as a serious attack from dabi even if he was confident it would kill her.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Belando

@jashro44: We've really only seen him defeat fodder, or rather unknown people. Aside from that, both his large scale, and direct attacks haven't accomplished very much. I dont see how Nejire, and even Kamui Woods(literal tree) can survive a direct hit, but not characters like Overhaul which can regenerate himself, or even Rappa if needed.

I would say Dabi is in his most serious state now, willing to die to get revenge. Dont think he's holdning much back at this point. It remains to be seen, but currently, its not very impressive. That being said, considering how his flames, or at least his potential should be above Endeavor, makes for stronger arguments.

But I still dont buy it considering all attacks we've seen thus far, or how he did against Hawks point blank etc. While Rappa and Overhaul also are much much faster.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando:

Well nejire has an energy based quirk. It’s possible she has higher heat resistance given she channels energy through her body. Or it could just be plot armour honestly (that is most likely). Or maybe dabi is trying to conserve his flames for the current war and not overuse his quirk which is his main weakness. Overhaul can regenerate but it’s not automatic. If dabi burns him he is done.

Dabi hasn’t had a lot of fights yet. Geten seems to be pretty high on the totem poll given the way he was throwing around mt.lady and the fact he was levelling city blocks. I think he would also solo overhaul and rappa honestly. Dabi has mostly just faced more powerful enemies than overhaul. Even current shoto is probably stronger than he use to be with the time skip and training under endeavour.

Rappa and overhaul are faster in hand to hand but dabi won’t engage hand to hand. I doubt there as fast as him in mobility since dabi mastered flash fire fist unlike shoto. Beyond that he casually dodged an attack from twice and also evaded dark shadow and he was able to snatch bakugo before shoto could grab him back in the summer camp. His reflexes aren’t terrible.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Belando

@jashro44: There is a lot of things I agree with and disagree with here.

Nejire could have solid durability and more likely, its plot armor to keep her around. However, as mentioned, Dabi really hasn't dealt significant damage to anyone substantial yet. And he required long and direct contact with Hawks to eventually burn away part of his back, but even that wasn't really much. Additionally, his attack on Kamui Woods was also pretty lackluster, which has a literal body of wood. He kept fighting and assisting MT.lady right after getting hit.

I'm obviously not denying Dabi's scale of attacks, and him matching Geten is super impressive, but against people, not so much.

I agree with you regarding Shoto, Deku and Bakugo being A LOT more powerful after the Endeavor agency arc. Likely beating someone like Rappa and Overhaul.

I dont really see how or why we would grant less durability or stronger attacks against Overhaul and Rappa. Not to mention the new speed feats for Rappa. Since Knuckleduster with Overclock active wasn't able to find an opening against Rappa, and Overhaul simply blitzed past Rappa with one tap one-shots 5 times. Dont see how Dabi can deal with that level of speed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belando:

Nejire could have solid durability and more likely, its plot armor to keep her around. However, as mentioned, Dabi really hasn't dealt significant damage to anyone substantial yet. And he required long and direct contact with Hawks to eventually burn away part of his back, but even that wasn't really much. Additionally, his attack on Kamui Woods was also pretty lackluster, which has a literal body of wood. He kept fighting and assisting MT.lady right after getting hit.

That doesn't mean he can't though. We know his flames can reach 2000 degrees Celsius back when he was a child, this was stated in the manga. Tetsu Tetsu had to put his life on the line against Shoto pre-time skip and Dabi is currently overpowering a Post-time skip Shoto. We've seen him turn people to ash in seconds. Pro Heroes couldn't go near his flames because they were so hot.

As I said when it comes to Hawks, Nejire and Kamui Woods he could be trying to conserve power so he can kill Shoto. He has his own agenda in the war. Or it could just be plot armor which we see in manga and comics all the time. So far the only major hero who has died is Crust and he isn't super important to the overall story. The other assumption would be to assume all those characters can withstand his max output. And as I said we know how hot his flames are at minimum (there probably hotter now since he is older)

I'm obviously not denying Dabi's scale of attacks, and him matching Geten is super impressive, but against people, not so much.

Dabi doesn't need to save power here. And its not like overhaul and Rappa even have feats against fire attacks anyways.

I agree with you regarding Shoto, Deku and Bakugo being A LOT more powerful after the Endeavor agency arc. Likely beating someone like Rappa and Overhaul.

So why wouldn't Dabi be able to beat them when he scales above Shoto? He had Shoto dead to rights if Midoriya didn't save him in the recent chapter.

I dont really see how or why we would grant less durability or stronger attacks against Overhaul and Rappa.

I'm not sure what exactly your saying here. Overhaul and and Rappa don't have feats

Not to mention the new speed feats for Rappa. Since Knuckleduster with Overclock active wasn't able to find an opening against Rappa, and Overhaul simply blitzed past Rappa with one tap one-shots 5 times. Dont see how Dabi can deal with that level of speed.

Rappa won that fight because Overclock took a dive. Its true he commented that Rappa had no opening's but Rappa needs to get close. We really don't know if Overhaul blitzed Rappa, it could just be he was skilled enough to find opening which is impressive. Overhaul isn't as fast as Overclock that much is obvious. Overclock can literally statue people whereas Overhaul arguably got blitzed by Shigaraki and needed to sacrifice a pawn to save himself and Mirio was able to last 5 minutes against despite being quirkless and still being under the influence of the drunk guy's quirk and while protecting Eri.

Dabi just has to avoid this being hand to hand. If he doesn't need to worry about conserving power for later fights he can just do this. They would definitely be ash unless they have feats to withstand 2000 degrees Celsius.

No Caption Provided

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dabi one shots.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Belando

@jashro44: We've seen him turn people to ash in seconds.

Dabi, Endeavor and Shoto's flames far exceed 2000 Celsius. Burning people to dust or ash that fast, cremating the High End's body etc is far above that. Also, Tetsutetsu's quirk isn't just steel. That's the name of the quirk, describing the metal-like body. He would have melted if he was actual steel, unless we're thinking Shoto's quirk is that less powerful compared to Endeavor and Dabi, even when they said it rivaled Endeavor himself.

"when it comes to Hawks, Nejire and Kamui Woods he could be trying to conserve power so he can kill Shoto." "Dabi doesn't need to save power here. And its not like overhaul and Rappa even have feats against fire attacks anyways."

Its really unfortunate that every time Dabi throws his attacks at anyone substantial, they not only survive, but can keep going moments after. It could mean those specific characters have high heat resistance, but considering how even Kamui Woods and Hawks can handle it, it would be rather naive of us to think a notable character like Overhaul couldn't. I dont think you believe that.

"he could be trying to conserve power"

There is no way to disprove that for me. I think its more than reasonable that he "tried" when attacking the mentioned characters, all in pretty dire situations, leading up to his agenda.

So why wouldn't Dabi be able to beat them when he scales above Shoto? He had Shoto dead to rights if Midoriya didn't save him in the recent chapter.

Because I dont think his fire is the only thing giving him a chance against them. Nor that he could just "incinerate them". But rather that the trio got a massive bump in power and can now compete or defeat the likes of Overhaul and Rappa.

I'm not sure what exactly your saying here. Overhaul and and Rappa don't have feats

Neither did the aforementioned characters until getting hit, Hawks even admitted a weakness against it. But if we're trying to deduce in verse what's most probable, its more than fair to say Hawks, which admitted he was weak to fire, and Kamui Woods, which is a literal wooden man can handle it, its fair to say Overhaul and Rappa could too. Unless you wont grant me that, but at the same time assume Dabi's intent or effort, seems a bit weak.

Rappa won that fight because Overclock took a dive. Its true he commented that Rappa had no opening's but Rappa needs to get close.

Knuckleduster intended to lose, but couldn't find an opening. In the flashback of Overhaul vs Rappa, we see Overhaul standing unharmed behind Rappa, indicating a touch as he passed by him.

Dont really know how to respond to the last part. I really disagree. No matter of skill can find an opening when overclock cant. That's speed, at least to a massive extent. All Overhaul would need to do to avoid Dabi's flames is touch the ground and create something to block. But even with that, I think I've made a good argument that when Dabi cant burn characters weak to fire, he wont be incinerating either of them if he connects.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Belando

@jashro44: Also, if you feel like I avoided something I should've addressed, let me know. Just didn't want to create too long of a response.

Avatar image for drealuchihakage
DRealUchihaKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team two still stomps

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SamJackson

@sy8000 said:

We don't know enough about Dabi.

Have your thoughts changed on this?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dabi still solos.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee8521dfb0b
deactivated-60ee8521dfb0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dabi is nearly featless, Overhaul solos. If we remove Overhaul, then either of Team one solos

rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flashfire Dabi is too stronk + flight.

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T2 due to Overhaul.

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A powerless Mirio was able to land hits on Overhaul, Stain will sh*t on him. Dabi will fry Rappa if Stain hasnt already cut him first

Dripnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dripnic

@belando: tBF, That was just a random flame and it looked like Neijre's waves took the brunt force of it.

As for Kamui and Hawks, those were his base Non Flashfire flames. So he was still holding back and also, those blasts were really small as well.

X-Lord16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dabi most likely solos