Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Sabretooth vs. Luther Strode

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Sabretooth vs. Luther Strode (238 votes)

Luther Strode 55%
Sabretooth 39%
Too close to call 6%

One of Wolverine's deadliest villains is taking on one of Image's most brutal heroes. These are two vicious characters, so odds are the feats presented won't exactly be PG and it's not a match made for the faint of heart. Will Luther Strode's impressive physicals grant him the win or will Victor Creed's experience and healing factor allow him to triumph? Well, it turns out the winner is determined by you. Yes, you, so read on to check out all of the rules and see where the fight is taking place. Once you've absorbed all of that info, it'll be time to get your discussion on.

We understand not everyone's knowledgeable on both characters, so please keep in mind you have all week to vote. Seriously, the poll is open until Friday morning (ET), so there's no need to vote right away. Go ahead and conduct your own research or read the arguments which will be made for both sides. If you do know both sides well enough, let us know who you think should win and why. Impress us enough and you just may earn the Viner Argument of the Week spot in Friday's update (post must be free of scans). You can't put that accomplishment on your resume, but it's still a pretty damn satisfying award.

Oh, and we know there aren't too many cosmic/team battles in this segment, but honestly, that's because they're much more difficult to balance (especially if you're trying to make a remotely original one). But fear not, there will definitely be one next week. In the meantime, do try to have a good time with this one.

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • Characters have standard gear (which is unarmed for both).
  • Victor Creed does not have adamantium lacing. And yes, he's been treated like a total jobber as of late, but do try to take all of his showings into account instead of just the humiliating ones. The objective is to make this a good fight, after all.
  • Knockout, incapacitation, or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. They start roughly 20 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire city region is on limits.
  • It's not mandatory, but if you take time to vote, elaborating as well would be extra awesome. Keep things informative and your post could be the next Viner Argument of the Week!

Again, it would be extra cool if you could get your elaboration on as well. If you vote for a side, be sure to tell us why! Oh, and do try to remember this is just a conversation about fictional characters fighting, so keep things informative and not personal.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the CV staff.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

• 
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pretty close fight. I think strength is pretty even and healing is comparable as would durability IMO. Creed has better damage out put with the claws but Luther has precog...Could go either way IMO.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

luthor has blinding speed , agility, and superhuman strength, with no adamantium ; sabretooth will be torn to shreds luthor doesn't just gut punch a guy and walks away, he liquefies them! im a sabretooth fan , but luthor will utterly destroy victor creed .

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Pretty close fight. I think strength is pretty even and healing is comparable as would durability IMO. Creed has better damage out put with the claws but Luther has precog...Could go either way IMO.

capuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luther takes this pretty quickly. His speed and strength are too much. And he is ruthless, so he does something like tear off Creed's head which ends the fight.

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Luther Strode should take this pretty easily. He is much much much faster then Sabretooth. He is arguably stronger. His healing factor rivals even Sabretooth's. He also has pre-cog that lets him see all the possible moves his opponent can make. I think this would be a pretty quick win for Luther Strode. It would be a bit closer if he had adamantium.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkDay

Jesus this fight would be awesome. And honestly while I can say Luther has much better recent showings than Creed, this thing just makes me go "Wow". I'm not sure who wins this. Luther can definitely put Creed down in theory (he can hit hard enough to shatter stone, punch through human beings, through most things honestly), but then Luther isn't as good of a fighter and he might also be slower. Also while Luther can basically ignore all the damage he likes more or less, he can still be dismembered and Creed should be able to do that.

I don't know.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aeroman

gonna give it to luther

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Someone thinks ST & LS's strength are about equal? Not by a long shot. Strode is WAY stronger. He would plow through Sabertooth, frankly. He has everything except experience going for him. Strode wins.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pierpat

First time i actually think the battle of the week is not balanced.

I really can't see luther losing this.

He's faster, i think stronger,and his precog makes this quite obvious.

You could debate luther winning without Precog IMO.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone thinks ST & LS's strength are about equal? Not by a long shot. Strode is WAY stronger. He would plow through Sabertooth, frankly. He has everything except experience going for him. Strode wins.

Care to prove Luther is vastly stronger then sabretooth? I hope you have more to offer then that one crater feat as well.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never read any Luthor Strode books, since it seemed to be mean spirited (correct me if I'm wrong, though, I am just going on what i heard), so I don't know anything. Anyone care to post a few scans of his feats or describe a few?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@hit_monkey said:

Care to prove Luther is vastly stronger then sabretooth? I hope you have more to offer then that one crater feat as well.

I'd love to hear this.

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about Luther but after reading his bio I don't see how he could lose to Victor. Seems pretty obvious to me.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

If you think Luther's faster, I can understand that. But, if you think this fight is simply just "lol speedblitz," I urge you to give it another thought. Yes, Luther has exceptional displays of speed, but I don't believe he's going to run laps around Victor like Jack did to him in the latest volume a majority of times. Let's not forget Creed has been described as a blur as well and keeps pace with Wolverine, a character who has also ducked out of the way of a bullet at the last second and can move too fast for the human eye to follow. The key difference is Creed's showings aren't illustrated by Tradd Moore -- a dude who does an exceptional job making things beyond energetic. So yes, I understand if you think Luther has a speed edge, but enough to make this unfair or even uninteresting? Well, I beg to differ :P

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm going with Luther. He has similarish powers to Sabretooth and while his healing factor may not be as powerful his strength more then makes up for it.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n What a awesome battle. Me like alot.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jashro44 said:

@hit_monkey said:

I'd love to hear this.

Luther Strode respect thread - Luther Strode - Comic Vine

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k4tzm4n  Moderator
nickxfrye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't Sabertooth's abilities been sort of nerfed recently? I don't know much about Luther but I think he takes this one.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't Sabertooth's abilities been sort of nerfed recently? I don't know much about Luther but I think he takes this one.

IIRC Sabertooth has not been nerfed, but has weak clones that been running around and killed by Wolverine.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

@k4tzm4n I accidentally deleted my post when i went to edit something! I tagged you for it though. Anyway I can get that back?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By westy206

I like Sabretooth and I wanted to vote for him but I can't vote for my favourite when I know he'd get destroyed and I mean destroyed. I don't know a lot about Luther Strode but read his page and such and looked him up abit online and it quickly comes across as Sabretooth gets turnt to mush. The only thing Sabrtooth might have is fighting skills in his favour but if he takes one punch this whole fight is going to explode in his face as a red glorious party of pain. Sabrtooth looses and I'm gutted :(

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'd give it to Luther for the majority. Just a breakdown:

Strength: These 2 apply their strength differently. Luther's author has stated Strode does have superhuman strength, enough to flip a car over but not enough to lift a car over his head. We've seen Sabretooth trample through forcefields to stop elephants and crumple massive barbells as if they were tissue paper. I know handbooks say different things for Sabretooth, but his feats aren't legitimately impressive. Now while I might give Sabretooth the strength when it comes to lifting things slightly, but Strode definitely makes up for it with his striking feats. The fact he was toppling a warehouse when fighting the librarian, he slammed Jack the Ripper so hard he made a decent-sized crater, and he and Jack cracked the ground around them for a good 15-20 feet, if not more, around them when they clashed in their final fight. Unless he wrestles with Creed, I think Luther has a marginal heads up in strength based on just how hard he can hit.

Speed: A more close cut category. Both of these guys have feats of disappearing to humans and weaving in and out of gunfire, so I don't think speed is going to be really important here since it is relatively close.

Durability: Both are durable combatants based on their healing factors. We've seen Luther pop bullets out of his body and shove his small intestine back into his body and focus to heal. He's also healed through stab and slash wounds relatively quickly. Jack the Ripper was able to land multiple blows on him and he kept fighting. Jack even bit a chunk off of Luther's neck, most likely his carotid, and he healed up shortly after. Creed we know has his fair share of healing feats. The guy's been able to do extended battles with Wolverine when he isn't jobbing and run through hail storms of bullets in the past. So Creed is a tough combatant and both of these guys have solid healing factors. Now who has the better one I would say is kind of up for grabs. I believe it was shown that if something major was destroyed, the Talented couldn't completely heal it back or it took much longer. Binder was blinded, and for quite some time, he was depicted with his eyes bloody and closed. He was just using his other senses to see the world. His weren't shown up until the Butler (forgot his name) blew up the house, and Binder was shown with his eyes now fully opened. Creed's healing factor should let him heal something like much quicker. So they may actually be close in just the extent of what they can heal, but based on this, I believe Creed's healing might be a little faster and heals more severe damage quicker. Even Wolverine's said he heals faster than him. However, this advantage isn't permanent as Wolverine type characters can have their healing factors burn out the longer a battle goes on. It takes some damage but is possible. I'll address this later.

Fighting skills: Actually, Creed should be quite a few steps ahead when you consider his battle experience and all the organizations he's worked for, but that isn't the case. The guy likes to fight like an animal. He is the polar opposite of Wolverine. Luther was shown having trouble when it came to more skilled opponents like the Librarian, Binder, or Jack, but he would pull through with his tenacity and his usually all around superior physicals, except for Jack whom was faster. But Luther was stronger than him. Anyways, both of these guys fight like brawlers most of the time. If Creed decides to use his training and experience, then he would have this category.

Claws vs Hands: I'm using this as their primary go to weapons. Creed's claws are about 3-6 inches at most, and he can rend through things like steel with them. Luther has used his talents to straight up slice people in half. Throw in his striking abilities and he has a more versatile tool set when it comes to his weapons. I think Sabretooth can slice through harder materials, but Luther makes up for that with Creed's lack of range, and Luther's ability to also hit as hard as he does. If Luther decides to try and chop Creed, he will at the very least slice through flesh and muscle. Now if he can completely slice off limbs, that I am not totally sure of since his healing factor allows him to have such a tremendous damage soak. Wolverine characters' bones seem quite a bit more durable than humans and they also heal incredibly fast. But Luther only needs to damage the squishy parts anyway. I'd give this to Luther based on his slicing and striking ability.

Strange Talents: Now this is where Luther also holds an advantage. He uses his talents to his advantage. He has his precognition, and while it most certainly helps, this ability doesn't completely prevent him from getting hit. He also has shown to use his organs weapons if they get spilled out like when he choked the Librarian with his small intestine. Another ability I do think will come in handy is Luther has stopped weapons or limbs in his muscles when struck. He's stopped bullets in his muscles and he also trapped Jack's hands in his pecs when he struck him there. This opened up for an attack. Sabretooth's claws come at a disadvantage when you take into account how massive Luther is and the lack of reach his claws have. I can Creed coming in for a shot and Luther can momentarily trap the claws before Sabretooth tries to rend them out. It could be enough to give Luther that moment to get the opening.

In Summary: I think Strode takes it, all things considered. His size, speed and healing should keep him in the game long enough to deal with Victor's claws, his fights with Jack showed he can tank slicing damage for awhile. And in the end, his superior striking and slicing ability should be enough to take Victor out in what I would assume to be a blood and fantastic battle.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n I accidentally deleted my post when i went to edit something! I tagged you for it though. Anyway I can get that back?

Here it is if you'd like to repost it:

"Here is my break down. This is a even fight as one can get. Healing, Super Strength, Speed, Durability, and both seem to have a skill showing of the same fight style.

Sabertooth is a awesome character who is clearly in the multi tons. He has crumpled dumb bells, over powered Wolverine, and even KOed Rogue with strength. He is no weakling here. Add to that he has insane sharp claws. Slashing Damage with Super Strength is a bad combo for anyone without a weapon. Sabertooth skill is nothing to laugh at, he has outsmarted Dr. Sasquatch in a random battle, then right after that beaten a full grown Wendigo. Something Wolverine had trouble doing.

Luther on the other hand also has the near stats of creed. Unlike Creed who has razor claws to his powers, Luther has instead precognition to see up to a thousand moves ahead. Now IMO, I fully believe Luther to be the stronger. He has punched through people all the time, used his speed with his strength to lop off body parts bare handed, and slammed Jack the Ripper with enough force to wreck the whole room of a house. Add to this I believe Luther to be faster. Luther in his art is shown to weave in between AR bullets that travel at mach 2 speeds. He also is shown consistently to blitz humans before they noticed he even moved. He was fast enough to keep up with Jack the Ripper who is insane fast. Sabertooth is no slouch in speed, not at all, but he never showed the same feats of speed like Luther strode comics do. Another big deal is Healing. Creed has this power, but Luther wields it like a weapon! Luther has used his own intestines to choke out super strength foes. He used his body to hold blades in. Luther can wield his healing factor like a weapon, making close combat slashing risky business. Add in Precognition, this allows Luther to effectively predict any attack Sabertooth will employ, and allow devastating counter attacks.

As a fan of both characters, I really wish they made more Sabertooth Mini Series, I will stand by Luther Strode for the slight majority. This would be a epic fight.

Again good match @k4tzm4n"

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@hit_monkey said:

Luther's creator said he can flip a car over but can't lift it over his head. So I believe him and Victor are close in terms of lifting power, but Luther has him by a sizable degree in striking power. There is the crater feat for one, but also don't forget him and the Librarian striking each other caused a warehouse to collapse and in Luther's final fight with Jack, their initial clash cracked the ground beneath them for 15-20 feet. I have never seen Sabretooth do collateral like that.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokergeist

@k4tzm4n: Thank You!!! I just finished retyping it too. Thats how much I like this match. I typed it twice lol.

Here is my break down. This is an even fight as one can get. Healing, Super Strength, Speed, Durability, and both seem to have skill showings of the same quality.

On one hand you have Sabertooth. A guy who has beaten a younger Wolverine like a meaner older brother all the time. Sabertooth strength is great enough to crumple barbells , overpower Wolverine, and even KO Rogue with a few hits. He also possesses Razor Claws that add to his damage output with his immense strength. This guy when not jobbing has beaten people like Wolverine, Psylock, and even a Wendigo in a straight up fight. Something Wolverine has trouble doing.

With all this said, Luther would win IMO. Luther Strode powers look near same, but IMO his stats are slightly higher. Luther strength for example is shown to punch holes in people all the time. He has loped off limbs with his bare hands due to his strength with speed. He even wrecked an entire large room by slamming Jack the Ripper. Speed is something IMO Luther is greater in too. His speed feats show him weaving between AR gunfire which is Mach 2+ bullets. He has shown consistently in just about every fight to be faster than any human can react. He also kept up with the insane fast Jack the Ripper. The next thing Luther is superior in is his Healing Factor. Creed has one too, but unlike Creed, Luther has shown to use his Haling Factor like a weapon. He has used his Intestines to choke out super strong foes. He has commanded his body to lock up attacks, and thus disarming, or leaving his enemies wide open for counter attack. I have never seen a comic character use their organs as a weapon. Creed would depend on his close combat claw action and find his hands stuck in Luther’s body! One final thing to add in Luther’s favor is his precognition. This Precog allows Luther to see up to 1000 possibilities. He can more than stay ahead of Sabertooth best hits while countering with his own.

I love this match with Sabertooth, I really wish they make more mini series with him, against Image’s top street leveler. It would be a bloody epic fight, but in the end I can see Luther pulling more wins than Sabertooth. Slight Majority to Luther Strode.

TheDarkPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheDarkPacman

Luther is still an adolescent and, while experienced, is still getting used to the fact that he can survive stab wounds and intestine spillage. Luther winces and cringes too much to be able to handle the pain; he can take a punch, but stabbing him usually slows him down. And Sabretooth has claws, so stabbing no problem, especially if you believe their speeds are matched. Also, back to the pain-handling bit, Sabretooth has been around for a while. He's got the healing factor, which is way more advanced than Luther's, and is more experienced with dealing with pain. If Luther punches him in the stomach or something and doesn't manage to burst through Creed's chest (i know Luther's strength but not Sabretooth's defensive capabilitites; can he take that sort of punch?), Creed could get off a nice, clean slash to the gut and freakin' behead Strode. Luther can't survive that. Also, if you're taking hiding and the shadows and all that into consideration, Luther's not doesn't show himself as stealthy but more as menacing, so if he does hide at all, Sbare's got the heightened senses and all that, so he would hear/smell him coming. If they do end up going full out blow for blow, they both have good reflexes and can hold out for pretty long periods of time. but once again, if Luther gets cut, he gets disoriented because it still hurts him in a way he's used to being hurt and he will falter, giving Sabretooth an opening. Lastly, Luther's pre-cog that others have been mentioning isnt mastered at all, it just happens randomly, like when he gets really angry. Basically if he gets angry before getting cut, that could give him an edge.

Now, if you think me basing the fight on Luther getting cut or stabbed, well, just reread the Jack the Ripper fights and you'll see what i mean. Those were normal knives, Sabretooth's got mutant bone claws.

All in all, i'll shamefully admit i love Luther as a character more and voted for him (sheepish) but i do believe Sabretooth's got a slightly better chance with his, uh, "weaponry" if you will.

The fight would be freakin' awesome, though.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Patera_All

I'm one of the biggest Strode fans around, but there are a couple of misunderstandings here. Look closely at the panel in which his arm has been "ripped off." It hasn't been, Jack caused a compound fracture, above the wrist and below the elbow. But the arm is still there, and it fuses back together over the next few panels, it doesn't regenerate.

The only part of the body he does regenerate are his teeth. The panel in which "his spit" breaks a syringe, is actually Luther breaking off one of his teeth and spitting it out like a bullet, a motif that's been repeated a few times when it comes to the bound. That being said, considering tooth enamel is the hardest, densist product that the body produces, that makes this feat all the more impressive. He effortlessly produces mouth bullets, which are way tougher to generate than bone. That's both an understated feat of healing, as well as a potentially devastating offensive maneuver no one will see coming!

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@hit_monkey said:

Luther's creator said he can flip a car over but can't lift it over his head. So I believe him and Victor are close in terms of lifting power, but Luther has him by a sizable degree in striking power. There is the crater feat for one, but also don't forget him and the Librarian striking each other caused a warehouse to collapse and in Luther's final fight with Jack, their initial clash cracked the ground beneath them for 15-20 feet. I have never seen Sabretooth do collateral like that.

I don't recall many notable feats in the way of collateral damage by Victor..but we have seen him K.O much stronger combatants than Luther with his hits. Rogue like you said being one..but also Beast on several occasions. He's also taken hits from much stronger combatants than Luther. People like Caliban, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Sasquatch and others. If Luther does have the striking feat advantage..I don't believe it will that make that much of a difference as far as a fight goes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

@hit_monkey said:

I would say striking power falls more in line with damage output because there can be other factors which contribute to that. Sabretooth would have the damage output advantage because of his claws. I think his strength feats like ripping steel with like paper, ripping spider-mans webbing, and IIRC he once used a hand ninjas and hit wolverine like a golf ball, etc are all the strength feats required to avoid being rag dolled by Luther.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Victor would love this type of an encounter thats why i voted too close to call.

Dont think Luthers precog will do him much good here as even Iron Fist couldnt make out his fighting skill in there first encounter.Hes like a force of nature Unpredictable.

& imo if he can get the jump on Luther like he did Rogue then anything can happen..

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: And I kind of mentioned that in my post on the matter. They apply their strengths differently. Sabretooth is able to lift and move more, but Luther has him in striking power. I think Luther has a marginal advantage in terms of who can hit harder, but if he wrestles with Creed, as in like a grapple contest, then the gap is much closer. Just my two cents on the matter.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Patera_All

Creed sneaking up on Luther is just as improbable as Luther sneaking up on Creed. They're about equal in their senses. Luther could hear Creed's heartbeat, as easily as Creed could sniff Luther out. Not to mention that in this situation neither is giving an inch from the get-go.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By laflux

Very good Battle, even by @k4tzm4n's standards. Will try to rustle up something later on :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 k4tzm4n  Moderator
Provehito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luther has inhuman stamina. The guy doesn't even regenerate, he merely wills it that his body heals. Luther's fight against the Librarian demonstrates that he should be able to handle someone at the level of Sabretooth. Why? Because the Librarian would merely heal back from his twisted neck and attacks as if nothing happened. Even that, Luther's blows against the Librarian were good enough to tear down an entire storage building. Heck, if Luther punched Sabretooth, he would probably rip his intestines in the same blow.

Now I'm not saying Sabretooth won't put up one heck of a fight, but let's be serious, Luther has everything to simply rip Sabretooth apart. If Sabretooth had adamantium lacing then that would be different, but he can't defeat Luther, a made man-killer.

VoraciousSouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By VoraciousSouls
No Caption Provided

This picture is with a younger less experienced Wolverine, but it is also a younger less experienced Sabretooth. There have been similar showings in the same match with an older Wolverine.

Recently Creed has been treated like Bantha Fodder, but back in the good ol' days he was described as faster and stronger than Wolverine, who has been shown to move fast enough to avoid a blast from Cyclops, easily dodge bullets, and move fast enough to basically disappear. Sabretooth is FASTER than that. Wolverines strength is often underestimated, but Sabretooth is still stronger than him.

I dont know how well Luther would fare against Wolverine, but I doubt he could beat him as brutally as Victor used too.

I think Sabretooth could take it after a very bloody good battle.

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LUTHER ******* STRODE

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By laflux

Strength: These 2 apply their strength differently. Luther's author has stated Strode does have superhuman strength, enough to flip a car over but not enough to lift a car over his head. We've seen Sabretooth trample through forcefields to stop elephants and crumple massive barbells as if they were tissue paper. I know handbooks say different things for Sabretooth, but his feats aren't legitimately impressive. Now while I might give Sabretooth the strength when it comes to lifting things slightly, but Strode definitely makes up for it with his striking feats. The fact he was toppling a warehouse when fighting the librarian, he slammed Jack the Ripper so hard he made a decent-sized crater, and he and Jack cracked the ground around them for a good 15-20 feet, if not more, around them when they clashed in their final fight. Unless he wrestles with Creed, I think Luther has a marginal heads up in strength based on just how hard he can hit.

Speed: A more close cut category. Both of these guys have feats of disappearing to humans and weaving in and out of gunfire, so I don't think speed is going to be really important here since it is relatively close.

Durability: Both are durable combatants based on their healing factors. We've seen Luther pop bullets out of his body and shove his small intestine back into his body and focus to heal. He's also healed through stab and slash wounds relatively quickly. Jack the Ripper was able to land multiple blows on him and he kept fighting. Jack even bit a chunk off of Luther's neck, most likely his carotid, and he healed up shortly after. Creed we know has his fair share of healing feats. The guy's been able to do extended battles with Wolverine when he isn't jobbing and run through hail storms of bullets in the past. So Creed is a tough combatant and both of these guys have solid healing factors. Now who has the better one I would say is kind of up for grabs. I believe it was shown that if something major was destroyed, the Talented couldn't completely heal it back or it took much longer. Binder was blinded, and for quite some time, he was depicted with his eyes bloody and closed. He was just using his other senses to see the world. His weren't shown up until the Butler (forgot his name) blew up the house, and Binder was shown with his eyes now fully opened. Creed's healing factor should let him heal something like much quicker. So they may actually be close in just the extent of what they can heal, but based on this, I believe Creed's healing might be a little faster and heals more severe damage quicker. Even Wolverine's said he heals faster than him. However, this advantage isn't permanent as Wolverine type characters can have their healing factors burn out the longer a battle goes on. It takes some damage but is possible. I'll address this later.

Fighting skills: Actually, Creed should be quite a few steps ahead when you consider his battle experience and all the organizations he's worked for, but that isn't the case. The guy likes to fight like an animal. He is the polar opposite of Wolverine. Luther was shown having trouble when it came to more skilled opponents like the Librarian, Binder, or Jack, but he would pull through with his tenacity and his usually all around superior physicals, except for Jack whom was faster. But Luther was stronger than him. Anyways, both of these guys fight like brawlers most of the time. If Creed decides to use his training and experience, then he would have this category.

Claws vs Hands: I'm using this as their primary go to weapons. Creed's claws are about 3-6 inches at most, and he can rend through things like steel with them. Luther has used his talents to straight up slice people in half. Throw in his striking abilities and he has a more versatile tool set when it comes to his weapons. I think Sabretooth can slice through harder materials, but Luther makes up for that with Creed's lack of range, and Luther's ability to also hit as hard as he does. If Luther decides to try and chop Creed, he will at the very least slice through flesh and muscle. Now if he can completely slice off limbs, that I am not totally sure of since his healing factor allows him to have such a tremendous damage soak. Wolverine characters' bones seem quite a bit more durable than humans and they also heal incredibly fast. But Luther only needs to damage the squishy parts anyway. I'd give this to Luther based on his slicing and striking ability.

Strange Talents: Now this is where Luther also holds an advantage. He uses his talents to his advantage. He has his precognition, and while it most certainly helps, this ability doesn't completely prevent him from getting hit. He also has shown to use his organs weapons if they get spilled out like when he choked the Librarian with his small intestine. Another ability I do think will come in handy is Luther has stopped weapons or limbs in his muscles when struck. He's stopped bullets in his muscles and he also trapped Jack's hands in his pecs when he struck him there. This opened up for an attack. Sabretooth's claws come at a disadvantage when you take into account how massive Luther is and the lack of reach his claws have. I can Creed coming in for a shot and Luther can momentarily trap the claws before Sabretooth tries to rend them out. It could be enough to give Luther that moment to get the opening.

In Summary: I think Strode takes it, all things considered. His size, speed and healing should keep him in the game long enough to deal with Victor's claws, his fights with Jack showed he can tank slicing damage for awhile. And in the end, his superior striking and slicing ability should be enough to take Victor out in what I would assume to be a blood and fantastic battle.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I really like Sabretooth, i really really do, But i say he looses here.

Strength:Sabretooth is pretty strong but compared to what i have seen luthor doing i am going to say Luthor is stronger, Punching through people with one punch? That takes tremendous force not saying Sabretooth cant slash a man in half but i havent seen him do anything to demonstrate that kind of blunt force. Based on this i say Luthor Strode.

Speed:Sabretooth is fast,but i havent seen any consistent speed feats to compare him as a match for Luthor in raw speed. When Luthor is on the attack he easily and consistently moves in blurs. I say Luthor is superior here.

Durability: Honestly, Luthor is impressive but i have seen sabretooth take some horrendous damage,Sabretooth dosent mind taking any damage, i have seen survive explosions and attacks from physically superior beings like The HUlk and not fall immediately. Luthor is pretty impressive himself, he absorbs damage from sharp objects and bullets and dosent even slow. I say Draw

Fighting Skills: Sabretooth takes this he is special ops trained and has been trained by Hydra. He also has the experience,Sabretooth might come off to some aa not a skilled fighter but in truth he actually is, His fighting style is more feral in appearance compared to some refined fighters like Wolverine(at least when he gets seriuous and starts to focus other than that he fights just like sabretooth, Feral) But he knows how to utilize his style with instinct and experience He has defeated Wolverine, swarms of Hand Ninja( although they are Fodder, They are all highley skilled fighters), Psylocke, Black panther, and deadpool. Luthor is just a brawler and fights like an angery man but sabretootg has what it takes (Historically) to be superior.here.

Enhanced senses: Luthor can slightlry predict the future but sabretooth has enhanced senses which could come into play when sabretooth wants to start attacking with stealth. Sabes senses usually have an initiative in any encounter, at 30 feet at night, This.wont be such a random encounter for sabretooth as.its going to be for Luthor. I say Draw.

Intellect: Luthor might be book smart but when it comes to battle, Sabes takes this, Sabes is for more tactical and aint just some.savagd brute especially as he is being portrayed. I say Sabretooth.

Overall i say the battle goes like this, Sabretooth catches Luthors scent and like the predator he is and sets up an ambush which allows sabretooth to draw first blood due to his enhanced senses, he stuns Luthor who retaliates immediately, Violently pumbling sabretooth and throwing him into a car, Sabretooth comes out of the wreckage with a smile, passes a few remarks to a aggrivated luthor, Sabretooth does his deadly pounce which moves at tremendous speed however, Luthor was able to.predict it and counter sabretooth with a devastaing blow falling sabretooth leaving him in a crator, sabretooth in pain starts to go berserk and now starts an angery beast vs an angery man they start a violent battle sabretooth slashing and tearing into luthor and luthor pummbling sabretooth at the same time as savagely as sabretooth trys to.fight back Luthors overwhelming strength allows him to gain the upperhand in the violent and bitter struggle, Luthor twists sabretooths neck and violently stamps his head until his sku is crushed like a soda can and his brains resemble slush. Luthor wins. To my unsatisfaction....shakes head...maybe next time Vjctor

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Luthor, according to his stats on comicvine this guy could KILL/ Incapacitate Creed in two shots

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@micah said:

Going with Luthor, according to his stats on comicvine this guy could KILL/ Incapacitate Creed in two shots

Creed's taken blows from an angry Luke Cage, Sasquatch, Caliban, and other heavy hitters. This fight would not end quickly.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait for arguments made for Sabretooth since I know very little on him.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

yadda yadda yadda

No Caption Provided

Suck up. You two and your former world Champion shenanigans.

But nice breakdown all the same.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sabretooth suffers from a more "PG" rating in Marvel land in this one which is why everyone touts how much better Luther's physicals are.

Victor Creed is superhuman in every regard.

He's billed as faster than Wolverine who has low level superhuman reflexes in his own right. He's strong enough to KO Marvel enhanced Rogue, crush cast iron dumbells in his hands with ease, shatter boulders with a punch, rip through Spider-Man's webbing, mandhandle the Beast (a 5 tonner) and toss Wolverine around through rooftops as though the 300lbs mutant were a child's toy.

Again, all this comes off as far less impressive due to the far less graphic nature surrounding said feats. But I felt it needed to be said.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Luther, just look at the votes and the reason.

Avatar image for thedevilhunter89
thedevilhunter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By thedevilhunter89

without getting to into this, after reading about luther I got to say.Victor might have his work cut out for him. luther is wait to fast and strong. idk maybe sabretooth cool pull a win. ill be looking forward to seeing how this turns out

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By M3th

I despise Creed! I want Him to lose SO BADLY!

-ABstract4$$#073-