Classic Transformer Combiner Free-for-all, plus Omega Supreme

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

The five classic combiners (Devastator, Menasor, Bruticus, Superion, and Defensor) battle it out in a free-for-all. Then the winner is repaired and fights Omega Supreme.

Each robot is the strongest version it has been shown in, in any of the various Transformer continuities. (I.e., strongest version of Devastator, Omega Supreme, Bruticus, etc.)

What order do you think the combiners come in (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th)? Will the most powerful Combiner beat Omega Supreme?

The battle takes place in an uninhabited area of Nebraska.

Devastator
Devastator
Menasor
Menasor
Bruticus
Bruticus
Superion
Superion
Defensor
Defensor
Omega Supreme
Omega Supreme
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Scarbearer

I don't have anything to back this up then recalling that I remember reading this in the old Marvel monthly comic, but I think Omega Supreme was supposed to be the strongest Super Robot followed very closely by Devastor who was the most powerful of the Gestalt teams. The remaining competitors I'd probably list them as follows: Bruticus, Menasor, Superion, Defensor.

So in otherwords, I think Devestator will give Omega Supreme the best fight, but I think Omega is just too tough for the Constructicons at the end of the day.

Avatar image for huntress_of_the_dark
Huntress_of_the_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voltron Lion Force
Voltron Lion Force

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scarbearer

@Huntress_of_the_Dark: Ok dammit.. I can't top that.. at least not without trotting out... VEHICLE VOLTRON!!!!! *crickets chirp*

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Scarbearer said:

@Huntress_of_the_Dark: Ok dammit.. I can't top that.. at least not without trotting out... VEHICLE VOLTRON!!!!! *crickets chirp*

Oh god, vehicle Voltron...nowhere near as cool as lion Voltron. I remember watching Voltron as a kid and whenever it was a vehicle Voltron episode we'd turn it off. Hmmm...this is giving me an urge to make some kind of Voltron/G-force/Starblazers battle. Although nothing can stand up to the Argo's Wave Motion Gun.

But actually I think lion Voltron could probably win here against the combiners, if he was included.

@Scarbearer said:

I don't have anything to back this up then recalling that I remember reading this in the old Marvel monthly comic, but I think Omega Supreme was supposed to be the strongest Super Robot followed very closely by Devastor who was the most powerful of the Gestalt teams. The remaining competitors I'd probably list them as follows: Bruticus, Menasor, Superion, Defensor.

So in otherwords, I think Devestator will give Omega Supreme the best fight, but I think Omega is just too tough for the Constructicons at the end of the day.

I was inspired by watching the last several episodes of season 2 of the G1 cartoon today. Bruticus beat down Devastator, then Menasor beat down Bruticus (although with a surprise hit) and then later Defensor blew apart Bruticus by a surprise shot. I don't remember what happened in earlier match-ups. And of course this is just the TV show, I'd give more credence to the comics. But anyway I hold a degree of nostalgia for Devastator and think he's the toughest combiner. But I bet Omega can beat him pretty regularly, if not every time.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MrDirector786

@Scarbearer said:

In the G1 cartoon, Bruticus and Devastator fought and Bruticus beat him pretty easily. Menasor then snuck up on him and took him down. I'd say Menasor is the weakest because his individual pieces don't work very well together and that's a big reason why the Autobots have been able to beat him before.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By whacknasty

@Owie: Hmm...wouldn't there be some sort of huge size disadvantage for the combiners? I'm going mostly by memory, so I could be really off...but Omega Supreme was a spacecraft launching base or something like that? Compared to five construcion/army vehicles combined...? I still would pull for Devastator tough : )

But then I never understood how all of the Decepticons fit inside of Astrotrain..when he was a normal sized robot when not in vehicle mode...lol.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

Also, just saying, but in All Hail Megatron, Omega Supreme and Devastator actually fought. Omega Supreme won.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

@whacknasty said:

@Owie: Hmm...wouldn't there be some sort of huge size disadvantage for the combiners? I'm going mostly by memory, so I could be really off...but Omega Supreme was a spacecraft launching base or something like that? Compared to five construcion/army vehicles combined...? I still would pull for Devastator tough : )

But then I never understood how all of the Decepticons fit inside of Astrotrain..when he was a normal sized robot when not in vehicle mode...lol.

No, the combiners are about the same size as Omega. There are a lot of crazy things that go on with scale in the Transformer world...vehicles get bigger when they make the combiners, Astrotrain gets bigger so the others can fit inside...I saw Megatron riding in one of the Decepticon jets the other day...plus you have stuff like how Megatron turns into a teeny gun. I don't know if they have an official explanation for it like they do in Marvel, where an increase in mass (like Banner turning into the Hulk) theoretically comes from another dimension.

@MrDirector786 said:

Also, just saying, but in All Hail Megatron, Omega Supreme and Devastator actually fought. Omega Supreme won.

But, do you think Devastator is the most powerful combiner? Could Omega beat Bruticus, Defensor, or Superion? I would guess so but I only partially follow Transformer comics.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By nickthedevil

@Owie: You left out the strongest ones:

The terrorcons, Predacons, Computron and monstructor.

Bruticus was the strongest of all the Gestalts you listed though, and menasor is going to get beaten down faster than the rest because he is the most unstable and easily beaten (due to the shared hatred the stunticons have for their leader, Motormaster.) Bruticus has beaten Omega Supreme too, so Bruticus takes this. Bruticus has excellent traits ( some of the best intelligence from Onslaught, The best combat experience and savagery from Brawl, etc.) He's been shown to be the most stable Gestalt. Defensor Isnt as well adjusted as Bruticus, because of First Aid, The pacifist.

The order here is:

Bruticus

Superion

Defensor

Devastator

Menasor.

Bruticus Beats Omega Supreme.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

@MrDirector786 said:

Omega supreme got the drop on Devastator.like literally fell in on top of Him, and beat him down. Before the constructicons even knew what was happening they were being rocketed to the statue of liberty, and got blasted to bits.