ChaosBlazer's Guide to Power Levels- DC and Marvel

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ChaosBlazer

OK. Decided to make my own thread on this.

I consider there to be 8 basic levels of power between comics. Note: This is without any enhancements or extra equipment for characters.

1. Street level. The bottom level. For anyone without metahuman abilities, or those with very low level powers, like healing factors, slightly improved physical stats, mastery of martial arts, mastery of weapons use, and a plethora of other powers an abilities.

Ex. Daredevil, Batman, Catwoman, Nightcrawler, Bane

2. In-Betweeners. Characters that are in between street level and mid-level. This is debateable, however, I consider the Spiders and characters in their class of power to be substantially more powerful than characters like Captain America and Batman, so they go here. Other character that go here are martial arts masters that have feats placing them here, people like Midnighter and Wolverine that have one or two traits putting them above street level, etc. I place Wolverine here because of his healing factor, which allows him to defeat most street levelers in debates. Luke Cage goes here because his durability means that most street levelers cannot handle him in a fist fight, unless they have very good martial arts mastery, though this is debateable and Luke Cage could also belong in the street level tier. I put Iron Fist here because of his chi abilities, which put him a step above other street levelers.

Ex. Kaine, Iron Fist, Spiderman, Midnighter, Scorpion, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Zealot

3. Mid-tier. Characters like Iron Man, Namor, and Ms Marvel. These characters display strength nearly on the next tier, and have other powers that place them here, but they don't quite have the power of characters on the next tier. This may also include characters like Electro, who have powers putting them on the next level but either not enough feats or not enough skill. Characters such as Thing or Colossus or Rhino may go here or possibly on the next level, depending on how specific we are. Aquaman could go either here or one tier lower. Hawkman might also go one tier lower, but I consider him a good fit for this tier. Namor could go one tier higher.

Ex. Ms Marvel, possibly Starfire, Electro, Iron Man, possibly Thing, possibly Colossus, Rhino, Aquaman, Hawkman, Namor

4. Planetary. These guys are generally a step up from the last level. This level includes most Omega-level mutants, most high end energy warpers, a few bricks, and high end telepaths. Most characters made of energy or inorganic matter should go either here or on the lower level. This also includes elementals such as Red Tornado and Firestorm. These characters might possibly be able to move up a tier, but are a better fit for this tier. Others who may fit here include shape shifters, force fields (Invisible Woman),

Ex. Hulk, Red Hulk, Iceman, Magneto, Graviton, Jean Grey, Red Tornado, Firestorm, Vision, Sandman, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Storm, Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man

5. Cosmic. Includes heralds, Superman level beings, Superman knock offs, Superman clones, Superman robots, Superman look alikes, Super- I think you understand. Also, guys like Thanos and Darkseid belong between here and Skyfather level, but I'll stick them here. They are generally seen as more powerful than Superman level characters, however they can belong in a similar tier, I guess.

Ex. Superman, Thor, Sentry, Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Gladiator, Martian Manhunter, Quasar, Nova, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Darkseid, Juggernaut, Doomsday

6. Skyfather level. Zeus, Odin, etc. Celestials could go in this tier, but they are a little more powerful than skyfathers. Note: Odinforce Thor is not in this power range. He is above Superman level beings, but not on skyfather level. So, there could be a tier between this one and Cosmic tier, but I didn't feel like making it. Sorry. Not really.

Ex. Zeus and Odin

7. Universal threats/ busters. Includes Galactus, Imperiex, Tyrant, Celestials, etc.

8. Multiversal threats/ busters. Includes beings like Molecule Man (pre retcon), Living Tribunal, Presence, The One Above All, and pretty much all abstract beings like Eternity.

OK. There's my list. How'd I do? Also, ask me where an specific characters belong on my chart thingy and I'll tell you.

Ex. *you* Hey ChaosBlazer, where would you put Blue Marvel on the list? *me* In the 5th tier, Cosmic level!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine

Cool.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ChaosBlazer

bump

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By blackadamFTW

Nice, but for "The top tier" I'd have two levels:

Universe busters (Imperiex, Starbreaker, Time Trapper) and multiverse busters (TOAA, Spectre, LT, Lucifer, etc...).

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@blackadamFTW: yeah, agreed. I didnt have the time to do that, but I'm gonna edit it now

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jashro44

Nice thread. I think you did a pretty good job at rating everyone.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yai_Inn
@ChaosBlazer: Nice thread. I'll ask where some fit on your chart. Dormammu? Mephisto? Dr. Strange? Scarlet Witch? Legion? Stranger? Jamie Braddock? Cyttorak?
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Yai_Inn: OK.

Dormammu for me is around Skyfather level and possibly a little higher. he isn't quite on the level of beings such as galactus though.

Mephisto for me is around the same level of power as Dormammu.

Dr Strange depends on the version. Classic Strange is right up at universal level.

Scarlet Witch is around universal level for me. that's tricky though

If Legion has full control over his personalities, he's universal level.

Dunno who Stranger is, sorry

Braddock is skyfather to universal

Cyttorak lacks the feats to justify his power, I put him around skyfather to universal for lack of feats.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@jashro44: thanks!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jashro44

@ChaosBlazer: No problem.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TifaLockhart

I like this one. I personally would make a tier for Darkseid and Thanos but I understand why you didn't.

btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By btmt

Great post!!!

I think you mentioned captain america but forgot to include him, and what about other Superman family members, Deathstroke and mutants like Sabertooth?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@btmt: sabretooth could go in either street level or in betweeners. I put Wolverine in in betweeners because of the healing, adamantium, and fighting skills, so since Sabes only has healing he could go in either category.

Deathstroke goes to inbetweeners with his armor, goes to street level without.

Captain America is the definition of street level. enhanced, slightly superhuman stats, and good fighting skills.

Other Superman family members generally go in cosmic tier.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NerdsFTW

@ChaosBlazer: Nice ratings system.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@NerdsFTW: thanks :D

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By soduh2

I've seen "street level" character split into different levels themselves based on power and relative threat.

Low Street Level: (Many common guys, soldiers, shield agents etc.)

Mid Street Level: Daredevil, Nightwing,

High Street Level: Spider-man, Batman, Wolverine

btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By btmt

@ChaosBlazer said:

@btmt: sabretooth could go in either street level or in betweeners. I put Wolverine in in betweeners because of the healing, adamantium, and fighting skills, so since Sabes only has healing he could go in either category.

Deathstroke goes to inbetweeners with his armor, goes to street level without.

Captain America is the definition of street level. enhanced, slightly superhuman stats, and good fighting skills.

Other Superman family members generally go in cosmic tier.

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@soduh2 said:

I've seen "street level" character split into different levels themselves based on power and relative threat.

Low Street Level: (Many common guys, soldiers, shield agents etc.)

Mid Street Level: Daredevil, Nightwing,

High Street Level: Spider-man, Batman, Wolverine

true.

I made 2 tiers for these characters.

Street level is all peak humans, people with good fighting skillls, etc.

In betweeners are people who have added powers or physical stats that put them above other street levelers.

I dont think the bottom level is necessary. This is for superheroes/villains, not fodder like policemen, thugs, and soldiers.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where would you place Jack Hawksmoor, Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, and Star Girl?

Also, I don't really see how you put Aquaman on level with Thing or possibly lower. He's straight out decked Superman.

Thanks!

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mace1111

Interesting.This seem to be a good list.

By the way were do you put these heros and villains?

Hourman III, Firestorm (Elemental), Swamp Thing (Elemental), Zamarons

Superman prime one million. Red Tornado (Elemental), Sodam Yat ( Ion), Zamarons.

and

Guardians of the Universe

Darkseid (high powered)

Superman-Prime,Despero and Superman-Prime.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mace1111

Odin-Force thor is skyfather level

Thor

Former Abilities

Odin-Force

Thor at one point had access to an unlimited amount of power that was known as the Odin-Force. The Odin-Force was the power that Odin himself had wielded before his death that was then passed onto Thor. The Odin-Force was comprised of Odin's power as King of Asgard combined with the powers of his brothers Vili and Ve. These powers added to the powers Thor already had made him virtually omnipotent. Obtaining the Odin-Force made Thor of the most powerful beings in the entire Marvel Universe. When Thor possessed this power he was able to achieve a number of feats that have not been duplicated by any other being in the Marvel Universe. Thor was able to destroy Captain America's shield with a look, teleported Asgard over New York City, recreated the moon after it has been nearly disintegrated, as well as defeat the Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange.

Hourman III, Firestorm (Elemental), Swamp Thing (Elemental),maybe Despero would be above cosmic and below skyfather,but they could just be high cosmic level.

Zamarons and Guardians of the Universe would be i think around skyfather level,i think.

Sodam yat and blue marvel top cosmic level.The the superman prime called one million around skyfather level..

Evil superman prime would be in the top cosmic level too but with time trappers powers,he would be around skyfather level .

Edited-

NEW52 SUPERMAN IS MORE POWERFUL THEN PRE-NEW52 AND THAT INCLUDES SUN-DIPPED SUPERMAN.SO SUN-DIPPED SUPERMAN IS STILL WOULD NOT BE AT THE VERY TOP TIER

Avatar image for stacey-holman-5
stacey-holman-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree , but i think wolverine , deadpool, iron fist luke cage mid tier, jean grey,cable cosmic ,thor with odin force should be sky father level

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where would Rune King Thor & Necro Thor & Odin Destroyer (vs Celestials) be at?

joester0903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this apply to just their powers? As human torch would be defeated by colossus

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mace1111

Odinforce thor maybe below skyfather level.

I read something the other day and that might be case,but i will look into later.

Wonder woman is not Cosmic,she is Planetary.

captain_dbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pheonix force is the strongest beeing. (Without jean)

mace44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mace44

Ms marvel-Captain marvel(carol) is Planetary and in hulk's and hyperion power group.

Wonder woman is Planetary,and not in superman's power group.

Hawkman i think is In-Betweeners.Sentry at his true level of power is when mentally stable is really higher then Skyfather and is around or equal to phoenix level of power.

There are clearly some other beings higher then the phoenix or phoenix force of course.Bane is In-Betweeners with the vemon.

Luke cage is above street level of course.

Ironman is Planetary.

Wolverine,deadpool,are In-Betweeners.

Jean grey is Planetary.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I don't really see how you put Aquaman on level with Thing or possibly lower. He's straight out decked Superman.

Thanks!

Wow, I was a huge dumbass

LVDBot1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks!

Ghost Rider (Aaron's version) < Ghost Rider (original) < Zarathos in control of the Ghost Rider

Destroyer69X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice thread man, where would you put Saitama,Dark schneider, jotaro kujo and Dio brando?

Capable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty accurate and not to complex. Nice work!

Doctor__Hanlon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where would you put Jedi (Not Marvel + DC, I know!) on this list?!

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor__hanlon: probably between street and inbetweeners depending on the Jedi in question