CaV: YNCG (Elric Brothers) vs. gumflabica (Deathstroke)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deathstroke vs. ElricBrothers <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals on and in character.
  • Start 30 feet apart.
  • Standard elimination rules.
  • No knowledge on opponent.
  • Pre-Flashpoint Deathstroke.
  • Manga/FMA:Brotherhood Elric Brothers.

Equipment

Elric Brothers

Edward Elric

Northern automail

Standard apparel

Alphonse Elric

Armor body

Standard apparel

Deathstroke

Promethium sword

Blast Staff

Assault Rifle

Sniper Rifle

Flash grenades

Multiple knives

Standard apparel

Setting

No Caption Provided

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jwalser3

Good luck to the both of you.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one I definitely want to see. This is bound to make an interesting match.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I. Am. Here!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: Let's get this party started!

WARNING: All scans provided below are from a manga, therefore you must read it from right to left. I posted the scans in regular order, but when you read them you must read it like a manga. Click here for instructions.

DEFENSE

Just a heads up before I start debating, but Edward is the guy with the metal implants (automail), while Alphonse is the soul attached to the suit. Anyways, Deathstroke is one deadly opponent, and he's packing a lot of equipment here that would be able to smite any ordinary opponent with relative ease. Unfortunately for Slade, these brothers ain't ordinary opponents. For one, both of the Elric Brothers have studied alchemy and like sciences since they were little kids, and possess genius intellect that they often apply in battle. Now, with alchemy, the two brothers can manipulate matter around them using generated energy, or transmuting as stated in the series. In order to transmute however, you need to heed by the rule of equivalent exchange (in short, they cannot create something out of nothing). That isn't a problem with this environment though, since there is plenty of matter around them to transmute. How is this practical you say? Well, alchemy is an extremely versatile and mystical art, and I'm fairly confident it will counter any of Deathstroke's offensive capabilities, as well as be the direct downfall of the premiere DC mercenary. For one, nearly all of Slade's weapons and gadgets will be rendered futile when both of the brothers are capable of producing adequate cover with nearly no expense. That means they can create unlimited cover for themselves to protect them from explosions, gunfire, and more. Here's an example.

On top of that, the feat above was Edward at the beginning of the manga/Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood, and I'd argue that both of the Elric Brothers are significantly more skilled and experienced by the end of the series. Anyways, as you can clearly see, the shield is able to cover an impressive area, and is able to withstand machine gun fire unscathed. I'm actually not sure the brothers even need the cover however, since, with the Northern automail, Edward was extremely quick and was able to blitz even the most powerful opponents. For example, Kimblee, the Crimson Alchemist, in possession of two Philosopher Stones, was temporarily trumped and very surprised by the fullmetal Alchemist's speed, before revealing his second stone. By the way, a Philosopher Stone is extremely powerful, and amps an alchemist to the point where he can transmute without equivalent exchange. With said speed and agility, Edward should be able to easily dodge and evade gunfire. Edward also was able to transmute a rifle into a mere instrument, so if Slade does get in close with a weapon, it shouldn't be a problem. The same can be said for Alphonse, but I'd reckon he doesn't even need to dodge the bullets since they're rather ineffective against his durable armor body. I'll give a couple examples.

• Deflecting machine gun bullets at a fairly close range from Father Cornello.
No Caption Provided
  • Unscathed by point-blank automatic fire from an assault rifle.
No Caption Provided

That being said, Edward is still very durable himself. To further emphasize just how tough the Northern automail is and how essential the carbon fiber amplifies Ed's durability, the Northern automail are significantly better than Ed's previous automail attachments. For one, it seldom broke, and the only major instance of this was in the final fight against amped Father. Even Edward's older model automail was able to withstand the bite of a chimera, as well as completely destroy its teeth and claws.

Obviously, Deathstroke's automatic rifle, sniper rifle, and multiple knives is a very rudimentary tactic against Edward, and completely useless against Alphonse. Next is covering the flash grenades, the blast staff, and the infamous Promethium sword in Slade's arsenal. The flash grenades I'm betting won't really effect Alphonse as far as I'm aware, since he is merely a soul attached to a suit of armor, and doesn't feel pain or fatigue. Edward can simply create a shield to prevent them from blinding him, or actually grab the flash grenades before they ignite and transmute them to another object of equal mass to his advantage. For the blast staff, the Elric Brothers have tanked a lot more damage from what I've seen. In Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 62: A Fierce Counterattack, Alphonse tanked a full-powered, blast from an immensely amped Father. Albeit he had severe damages to his suit and shortly after, was unable to fight, it shows how durable the armor really is. Not only that, but Father had previously absorbed the power of "God", displayed the ability of creating a sun in the palm of his hands, and more. If you want to see how powerful Father was, click here. On the off chance that the blast staff or Promethium sword does injure any of the brothers, there is solutions to both of them. For Edward, he can heal himself using his own life-force which he displayed when he had debris impaled through him in the aftermath of a fight with Kimblee. For Alphonse, Edward (and arguably Alphonse himself b the end of the series) can heal significant damages in seconds with minimal effort.

OFFENSE

Now that I've covered the basic defensive capabilities of the Elric Brothers, I'll move onto their offensive side. I'll cover the two brothers separately, as they have different strengths, with Edward first. Now, Edward Elric is the superior alchemist of the two, and has consistently shown to turn the tide of fights with said alchemy. He's the youngest state alchemist of the entire FMAverse, is an extremely skilled martial artist, and arguably smarter/more knowledgeable than Alphonse. While Ed doesn't have the protection of a suit of armor, his Northern automail (arm and leg) is made of a carbon fiber that is extremely durable; maybe more so than his brother Al. Now, you're probably going to bring up Deathstroke's extremely durable promethium mesh armor and his healing factor and how it should stop Edward in his tracks. Well you're wrong! Ed has fought a Homonculus (an artificial human created/bonded with a Philosopher's Stone) named Greed. Who is Greed? Well he's a guy with superhuman speed, strength, endurance, and more. If that's not enough, he's got a healing factor potent enough to enable the guy to tank bullets, impalement, and more without being taken out of the fight. On top of all of that, he has the ultimate shield created by rearranging the carbon in his body (what Ed's Northern automail is made of) to make his skin as harder than diamond. Edward alone was able to hold his own against this guy for an extended period of time, and even deduces his weaknesses to gain the upper hand.

- For anime version click here.

But that's not all! All of Deathstroke's equipment is ultimately expendable and finite, and once he uses up all of them on the Elric brothers' shields, he'll have nothing but his Promethium Sword and Blast Staff. Since neither brother require transmutation circles towards the end of the series, they can summon all the weapons they want. If the brothers cannot directly defeat Slade, they'll certainly be able to outlast him with their superior healing and infinite supply of weaponry.

Moving onto Alphonse Elric, he has a plethora of strengths. He's arguably the most durable and physically capable one here. Not only has he tanked an extremely powerful blast that puts the Blast Staff to shame, but he's also effortlessly lifted a giant bell over his shoulders. To add the sprinkles on top, he also is the very adept in martial arts, trumping even Edward himself. Ed remarked early on in the series that in all the sparring he has done with Al, he had never won before. Throughout the series Edward does manage to defeat Al in sparring two times, but in one of instances Al was holding back a significant amount. Despite his strong morals about not killing, Alphonse practically humiliated Barry the Chopper, a serial killer with his soul bound to armor who's fairly skilled in his own right, has durable armor on par with Alphonse's, enhanced strength and speed, and more. Al was only temporarily taken aback by Barry's notion that Al might have false memories created by Ed.

So Deathstroke has the disadvantages of fighting Alphonse, an opponent that is highly proficient in martial arts, has genius intellect on par with Ed's, feels no pain, doesn't experience fatigue, very durable armor, a hollow body that eliminates the option of bleeding out, and extensive experience with alchemy. Add Edward into the mix and I find it nearly impossible for Deathstroke to come on top in this fight.

TEAMWORK

Not much to write here honestly, but I decided it was an important enough of a factor to talk about. The Elric brothers have a (literal) bond in the fight that allows them to fight 'till they drop. They're both determined to protect the other, and Alphonse also refuses to let anyone die. Heck, as a child, when the two tried human transmutation, it went horribly awry. Alphonse's whole body and Edward's leg was taken. Despite bleeding profusely, Ed still had the willpower to sacrifice his arm in order to bound Al's soul to the armor. That's one tight brotherhood! It extends further however. This partnership is also practical in their alchemy, and they can sort of combine their attacks to generate one massive attack.

No Caption Provided

The two can also get each other out of tough situations using their alchemy. For example, if Deathstroke corners Alphonse, Ed can use his alchemy to create giant fist and punch Slade away. With Deathstroke working alone and probably not being as motivated pursuing a mere bounty, his efficiency in combat is lessened greatly compared to the Elric Brothers. Also, the FMAverse characters often take advantage of people with one eye, so Slade is really deep in it. For example, King Bradley/Wrath has an eye-patch over one of his eyes, and the characters often stay in his blind-spot to try and defeat him.

Well, that's my opener. Hit me with your best shot!

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gumflabica

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: That's gonna be hard I follow up. Especially due to a lack of ability to use headers, properly space, edit, post pictures, and quote from mobile. Lemme sleep tonight and I'll get a reply Up ASAP when I wake up. Hopefully I can get ahold of a CPU before I humiliate self with a lack of formal ness and scans XD

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanted to see more FMA on these forums, then i see this.

I'll be watching this up close.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very excited for this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: Are you going to reply soon? Just wondering if you forgot or you're just really busy.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gumflabica

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: sorry, sorry. I've been busy in the RPG section with my currently 4 characters, and crippled here without an actual CPU. I'll see if I can get to you someone tomorrow night or sometime over the weekend. Again, sorry it's been this long. I've got a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment.

Nozak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what happeneed you guys pussy out?