CAV: Tarzan(Jwalser3) vs. Bane(TheTrueBarryAllen) VOTING

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jwalser3

These two fierce warriors will battle it out in a small remote village in the jungle.

No Caption Provided

Tarzan(@jwalser3): Knife, bow & arrows(10), rope

No Caption Provided

Bane(@thetruebarryallen) Access to Venom

No Caption Provided

Both fighters start 15 feet away, no prep, in character.

Everything look good?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@jwalser3 Feel free to start off, I don't know all that much about Tarzan but I feel we both kind of have an idea of Bane.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Alrighty, lets get this going!

So this Tarzan guy, he's pretty cool. Raised by Apes, survived in Africa for many years.

This guy was able to take on a giant ape when he was a boy.
This guy was able to take on a giant ape when he was a boy.

(Backwards) Just to back it up, he killed a Bull Ape when he was around the same age.

Now I know Bane has a pretty could fighting Prowess. Not going to lie, Tarzan isn't the best martial artist. But this cat sure can wrestle. He has the strength to bring Bane down if he gets a good hold on him.

He could of snapped a Ape's neck.
He could of snapped a Ape's neck.

So I don't see why the same couldn't happen to Bane.

Now, as for speed. Tarzan is quite fast.

He can easily dodge bullets.

Now I know Bane is fast. But IIRC I have only seen him dodge 2 shots before. Unless you have other reaction feats you could show me.

As for his ranged marksmanship. He is a great shot, always going for a kill shot.

No Caption Provided
(Backwards)

I'll post more later!

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

@jwalser3 Alright, I see that you're going to post more later so I was waiting a bit before posting but I don't want this thread to disappear into the abyss, so here I am!

Surprisingly I've picked Bane as my combatant, a risky choice considering his record on the Vine, so I'm here to show that Bane can play a mean game.

Meet the 'Bane' of your existance

Alright, awful wordplay aside, meet Bane! He's tall, dark, handsome, and loves long walks on the beach during a moonlit night, oh and did we mention he's got an obsession with breaking people?

It's also worth noting that Bane has access to Venom in this battle. For those who may end up reading this that are unaware of the effects of Venom it is essentially a super steroid. Bane was addicted to the drug in his early incarnations, though throughout his history he was able to beat his addiction, eventually becoming incredibly strong and retaining his venom-like physical build without the drug.

Bane is also an incredibly intelligent foe and brilliant strategist. Growing up in prison he spent all of his time educating himself through reading and through other prisoners who possessed various fields of knowledge. Bane has a photographic memory which allows him to retain incredible amounts of information, this includes various languages and combat strategies.

Enough talk though, let's see what Bane can really do!

Breaking Batman

Lots of people would look at this and say "Batman was weak after fighting a wide variety of different foes! It wasn't really a fair fight!" and to them I say NAY! Bane realized that a head on attack against Batman would be dumb, because, well... it would be. Bane then decided that he'd break down the walls of Arkham, which he does, and lets loose some of Batman's fearsome foes such as Two-Face, The Scarecrow, and The Joker!

Bane was also on Venom in this since it was one of his earlier appearances, it should be worth noting his incredible levels of strength.

Versus Azrael

He made pretty short work of Azrael, crushing his ribs through his armor with ease.

So Bane had capture Azrael and injected him with Venom, as to give him a dependance on the substance. Azrael was able to escape his bonds and attack Bane, the two fought and then the boat crashed against a ton of rocks. Both of them survived the crash and then scaled a cliff, Bane was faster and was able to then re-capture Azrael. This is a good combination of his cunning, strength, and durability when it comes to combat situations.

Durability

Bane is without Venom here, he's able to effortlessly lift people and snap their spines over his knee, he also doesn't seem to care that he's been shot in the arm and continues fighting, acting as if nothing had happened. He's got a pretty great pain tolerance, oh and he may have torn some heads off in that last scan.

This displays Banes sense of will, determination, and durability. He's been hit over and over with bricks ( 500+ ) yet refuses to give up any information about his team. He then gathers enough strength to free himself of his chains and take a bite out of one of his captors, killing him.

Here he just shrugs off hits placed on him by Catman. Also, it appears he doesn't fear the cold, not much of an addition considering we're fighting in a jungle, but still!

Various Fights vs Groups or Other Well Known Characters

Here Bane fights and kills and entire group of warriors from Skartaris, the savage land where beings fight for survival on a daily basis. They kind of remind me of Tarzan.... Hehe

Thunder & Lightning were trying to help free Martian Manhunter. Bane stopped them, and took a blast from Lightning. Bane thought it hurt only a little bit.

Here Bane fights Killer Croc, whose arms he had broken in a fight before this while on Venom. I'd say this does a good job of matching or surpassing Tarzan's Ape feat.

Here Bane takes out several Cobra agents. He really doesn't have a problem with groups and his combat skills are well developed. Not just a beefcake :)

Bane also likes ripping peoples arms off, I just wanted to mention that.

New 52 Bane vs Batman ( While on Venom )

I believe this was a mixture of Venom & Fear Toxin but it's still a decent showing of his strength while on the substance.

The Fight

I'm positive that Bane would be able to take down Tarzan in combat. Bane has been shown to be one of the closest things to a human tank, able to take punches and bullets without much of an issue.

Tarzan's knife wouldn't be that much of an issue, Bane could disarm Tarzan of the knife early on in the fight, leading Tarzan to fight him in an H2H battle. I don't see the rope actually doing much of anything, Bane was able to break through walls and chains, a rope wouldn't be the end all for him.

As far as the Bow goes it's not that easy to get a drop on Bane, it's true that he's large and in charge but he's actually a stealthy and agile combatant. He may not be catching arrows and crushing them in his fists but he'd be able to sidestep some while charging towards Tarzan. Some arrows might hit Bane, if they do they'd have some trouble doing massive damage as he's taken hits from bullets before and it doesn't seem to hinder his abilities.

I also don't think the arrows would be able to go that deep into his skin as he's incredibly muscular and that would make for some problems for those arrows.

Tarzan may be fighting poachers and apes but Bane is fighting Killer Crocs and the Batman. He' been shown to easily handle groups of trained combatants and has gone toe to toe with some of the best DC has to offer. Tarzan may have an edge early on in the fight but once he runs out of arrows and is forced to fight Bane H2H he's outmatched, Bane is stronger and more durable than the king of the Jungle, and this would prove to be the straw that breaks Tarzans back.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jwalser3

@thetruebarryallen: I forgot to post the rest, haha. Glad to get this going again!

Lots of people would look at this and say "Batman was weak after fighting a wide variety of different foes! It wasn't really a fair fight!" and to them I say NAY! Bane realized that a head on attack against Batman would be dumb, because, well... it would be. Bane then decided that he'd break down the walls of Arkham, which he does, and lets loose some of Batman's fearsome foes such as Two-Face, The Scarecrow, and The Joker!

What do you say NAY to? Batman was both physically and emotionally drained. After taking down most of the Arkham populous, I don't think he would have been ready for a surprise attack from Bane. Plus all the stress that was on his mind during Knightfall. It wasn't truly a fair fight.

He even says it was wearing him down.

You can also see the stress and fear in the art work in Knightfall
You can also see the stress and fear in the art work in Knightfall

Versus Azrael

He made pretty short work of Azrael, crushing his ribs through his armor with ease.

So Bane had capture Azrael and injected him with Venom, as to give him a dependance on the substance. Azrael was able to escape his bonds and attack Bane, the two fought and then the boat crashed against a ton of rocks. Both of them survived the crash and then scaled a cliff, Bane was faster and was able to then re-capture Azrael. This is a good combination of his cunning, strength, and durability when it comes to combat situations.

Pretty impressive stuff. I'm not going to lie, I don't know anything about Azrael.

Durability

Pretty good. Tarzan hasn't been shot(that I know of) so I couldn't say how it'd be for him. But he has been stabbed, thrown against stone and marble be a giant four armed ape and gets clawed at by big cats.

Bane is without Venom here, he's able to effortlessly lift people and snap their spines over his knee,

He'e been able to hold a grown man and back hand another.
He'e been able to hold a grown man and back hand another.

Here Bane fights and kills and entire group of warriors from Skartaris, the savage land where beings fight for survival on a daily basis. They kind of remind me of Tarzan.... Hehe

Haha, Tarzans on a different ball game then these guys. Tarzan doesn't need armor, battle axe, and a grew. Just his knife.

(Backwards) just needed a knife to hunt and kill a panther.

Thunder & Lightning were trying to help free Martian Manhunter. Bane stopped them, and took a blast from Lightning. Bane thought it hurt only a little bit.

1. I'm assuming that Bane was on Venom in those scans?
  2. How strong is Lighting's attack? I'm assuming weak seeing how he couldn't handle a street level villain.
  3. If he has great showing of power behind that kind of electrical attack than that's PIS.

Here Bane fights Killer Croc, whose arms he had broken in a fight before this while on Venom. I'd say this does a good job of matching or surpassing Tarzan's Ape feat.

By the art, I say it's safe to assume that's a giant crocodile. He held it off with ease.
By the art, I say it's safe to assume that's a giant crocodile. He held it off with ease.

Hahah. But the thing is, is that Tarzan fights Giant Bull Apes without any strength increasing drug pumping through him. So when he tanks being thrown by this.

It's his natural durability.
It's his natural durability.

Plus Tarzan's natural strength is impressive as well!

Pulling a support out of the ground, holding back a lion, breaking cuffs, lifting a giant ape.

Lifting a giant!
Lifting a giant!

So his strength is/ should be on the same level.

New 52 Bane vs Batman ( While on Venom )

Does that even count?

The Fight

I'm positive that Bane would be able to take down Tarzan in combat. Bane has been shown to be one of the closest things to a human tank, able to take punches and bullets without much of an issue.

See the above strength feats. Okay, Bane has been punched around by peak humans before. They can effect him, I'm not trying to low ball here. Tarzan takes on Lions, and giant Apes on a regular basis. He can dish it out and tank some heavy attacks.

Tarzan's knife wouldn't be that much of an issue, Bane could disarm Tarzan of the knife early on in the fight, leading Tarzan to fight him in an H2H battle. I don't see the rope actually doing much of anything, Bane was able to break through walls and chains, a rope wouldn't be the end all for him.

What makes you think Bane could disarm him? Tarzan has been shown to be agile against big foes. Jumping around them, striking them in the back and sides. Oh wait....where is Bane's venom tubes at?....His back!

(Backwards, it's like a Tarzan manga!) Here he is using the same strategy I just said.

The rope can work as a distraction. Go to a tree, hang him by a noise, while he is breaking free go to town on him with the knife.

He was able to hang him faster than he could react.
He was able to hang him faster than he could react.

As far as the Bow goes it's not that easy to get a drop on Bane, it's true that he's large and in charge but he's actually a stealthy and agile combatant. He may not be catching arrows and crushing them in his fists but he'd be able to sidestep some while charging towards Tarzan. Some arrows might hit Bane, if they do they'd have some trouble doing massive damage as he's taken hits from bullets before and it doesn't seem to hinder his abilities.

Granted that Tarzan was shown aiming for neck and head shots in LotJ....

I also don't think the arrows would be able to go that deep into his skin as he's incredibly muscular and that would make for some problems for those arrows.

Fair enough.

Tarzan may be fighting poachers and apes but Bane is fighting Killer Crocs and the Batman. He' been shown to easily handle groups of trained combatants and has gone toe to toe with some of the best DC has to offer. Tarzan may have an edge early on in the fight but once he runs out of arrows and is forced to fight Bane H2H he's outmatched, Bane is stronger and more durable than the king of the Jungle, and this would prove to be the straw that breaks Tarzans back.

I hate to go all Conan logic here. But Tarzan survived in the jungle as a child. Became king of the apes when he was 10, and survived ever sense with just a knife. Encountering Dinosaurs, Giants, Lions, Apes, Hunters, etc. His smarts, strength, and speed have shown to be effective in all of his encounters.

But it's up to the voters to decide.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you say NAY to? Batman was both physically and emotionally drained. After taking down most of the Arkham populous, I don't think he would have been ready for a surprise attack from Bane. Plus all the stress that was on his mind during Knightfall. It wasn't truly a fair fight.

He even says it was wearing him down. "

Mostly a Nay to people that assume Bane is just a musclebound idiot ^_^

"Pretty impressive stuff. I'm not going to lie, I don't know anything about Azrael."

There are various characters that don the name Azrael as they're all assassins trained to enforce Gods Will. From birth they're raised by Apes as surrogate mothers and are genetically modified. This creates an incredibly deadly foe, having super strength & impressive speed with a deadly temper to match. After Bane broke Batman's back Azrael took his place to watch over Gotham.

"Pretty good. Tarzan hasn't been shot(that I know of) so I couldn't say how it'd be for him. But he has been stabbed, thrown against stone and marble be a giant four armed ape and gets clawed at by big cats. "

Banes durability is fantastic. Oohrah!

" Haha, Tarzans on a different ball game then these guys. Tarzan doesn't need armor, battle axe, and a grew. Just his knife "

That's debatable as those were warriors from Skartaris. Skartaris is a world in which magic and myth are real and the culture is generally primitive. Skartaris in the comics was always described as such, "In the savage world of Skartaris, life is a constant struggle for survival. Here, beneath an unblinking orb of eternal sunlight, one simple law prevails: If you let down your guard for an instant you will soon be very dead." So due to the fact that these warriors were from this land it's safe to say that they've been battling for their own survival since birth.

1. I'm assuming that Bane was on Venom in those scans?
  2. How strong is Lighting's attack? I'm assuming weak seeing how he couldn't handle a street level villain.
  3. If he has great showing of power behind that kind of electrical attack than that's PIS.

1.) Not sure exactly, I see he's wearing his venom gear but he did that out of habit after kicking his addiction. It's safe to say he isn't but I don't really see it being much of a factor since he's got access to Venom in this fight.

2.) Lightning's attack is essentially the power of lightning, he can harness it and fire bolts of it at his foes. After this he and Thunder were used as power sources for Lex Luthors teleporter.

3.) It could be PIS, though I'm not going to say that it is due to the fact that Bane's got showings of great resistance.

No Caption Provided

In the above scan Bane was wearing an electric collar that was supposed to deliver enough power through electric shocks to kill the wearer if they try and resist. Bane fought through the pain and tore the collar apart. Unless you're going to say that this is PIS too.

"Hahah. But the thing is, is that Tarzan fights Giant Bull Apes without any strength increasing drug pumping through him. So when he tanks being thrown by this."

The majority of the scans that I've posted here are Bane without Venom. The only two that show Bane on Venom is when he was fighting Batman, both times. People are always under the assumption that Bane is useless unless he is on Venom which is entirely false. He kicked his addiction to the drug and then began training so that he retained incredible levels of strength and durability, to replace the drug dependance. He may be wearing his Venom contraption in some of the scans but it doesn't mean he's using the drug, as he wore the contraption out of habit.

It's still impressive that Tarzan was able to beat a crocodile, but I'd have to say that Killer Croc is on a whole other level. He's actually trained in combat, has measurable feats compared to a nameless random croc, and is bipedal. Not trying to lowball Tarzan, just stating that Killer Croc > Random Crocodile.

"Plus Tarzan's natural strength is impressive as well!"

Indeed it is, though so is Banes. As I've shown above.

"Does that even count?"

To my knowledge Bane hasn't been altered all that much, if at all, in the New 52. We don't have to count it if you think it's a different character.

"See the above strength feats. Okay, Bane has been punched around by peak humans before. They can effect him, I'm not trying to low ball here. Tarzan takes on Lions, and giant Apes on a regular basis. He can dish it out and tank some heavy attacks."

Bane fights people like Azrael and Batman, two incredibly skilled combatants. Just calling them "Peak Humans" isn't really accurate when you look at they're showings. They've trained in various martial arts for a good portion of their lives, Batman has gone against some pretty impressive foes too, so just dubbing them "Peak Humans" is silly. If you saw from the above scans Bane's durability is plenty enough to take hits, he fought Killer Croc twice and won both times.

Lions are fast, but they're not the strongest animals in the kingdom, and Apes can generally lift 4,600 - 5,000 pounds. Killer Croc can lift 5 - 10 TONS. Also these giants apes haven't been training all their life in a specific form of combat, they're more brute strength oriented. Tarzan can indeed take and dish out some heavy attacks, but dismissing Banes feats is a tad upsetting.

"What makes you think Bane could disarm him? Tarzan has been shown to be agile against big foes. Jumping around them, striking them in the back and sides. Oh wait....where is Bane's venom tubes at?....His back!"

Considering Bane has fought against the likes of Batman, The Joker, Azrael, Judomaster, and various others, I don't see why he couldn't disarm Tarzan. Bane is indeed a large foe but he isn't a clumsy oaf, he's calculated and precise. He's been able to sneak up on Batman before, I'd say that's pretty impressive. Also, Bane isn't relying on Venom in this fight, I'd be perfectly fine if you said he wasn't allowed to use it as I try to find and use scans/feats of Bane WITHOUT the drug. As I've said before he kicked the Venom addiction and trained to get where he is in all but TWO of the above showings.

"The rope can work as a distraction. Go to a tree, hang him by a noise, while he is breaking free go to town on him with the knife."

Bane wouldn't just be standing still like a doofus, and lifting him straight off the ground while he's resisting is much easier said than done. Bane is a lot larger than the average man as shown in the scan there. Bane could probably grab the rope and end up tugging on it to pull Tarzan from the tree if he even attempted such a thing.

"Granted that Tarzan was shown aiming for neck and head shots in LotJ"

Bane's gone up against people that use guns before, and he hasn't been shot in the head yet if that means anything. I'd say that most people when using a gun would aim for a key area like the head or heart to kill their foe, Bane just has a habit of avoiding it.

"I hate to go all Conan logic here. But Tarzan survived in the jungle as a child. Became king of the apes when he was 10, and survived ever sense with just a knife. Encountering Dinosaurs, Giants, Lions, Apes, Hunters, etc. His smarts, strength, and speed have shown to be effective in all of his encounters."

Feel free to go all Conan logic. Bane grew up in a prison where he had to learn to fight for survival. He spent every day training his body both mentally and physically. He killed 30 men in prison before he went through the Venom Test and escaped. At that point in time Bane was incredibly strong and smart, he then went to Gotham to try and take down the Batman, which he did. He is incredibly smart, has incredible strength, and a decent speed to match. He has also been effective in all of his encounters.

"But it's up to the voters to decide."

Indeed it is. When would you like to open up votes @jwalser3?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jwalser3

@thetruebarryallen: Hold up there son.

3.) It could be PIS, though I'm not going to say that it is due to the fact that Bane's got showings of great resistance.

No Caption Provided

In the above scan Bane was wearing an electric collar that was supposed to deliver enough power through electric shocks to kill the wearer if they try and resist. Bane fought through the pain and tore the collar apart. Unless you're going to say that this is PIS too.

It takes 0.1 to 0.2 amps to kill a person. Bane, a peak human comic character I can believe resisting that. Him tanking a attack from a guy that "Harnesses lighting" is pretty insane. Lighting has around 20,000 amps. See what I'm getting at? I'm not going to believe a peak human that can get pierced by bullets can survive such an attack. That's why I said it was PIS.

Bane's gone up against people that use guns before, and he hasn't been shot in the head yet if that means anything. I'd say that most people when using a gun would aim for a key area like the head or heart to kill their foe, Bane just has a habit of avoiding it.

Same goes for Tarzan.

It's still impressive that Tarzan was able to beat a crocodile, but I'd have to say that Killer Croc is on a whole other level. He's actually trained in combat, has measurable feats compared to a nameless random croc, and is bipedal. Not trying to lowball Tarzan, just stating that Killer Croc > Random Crocodile.

It was a joke, hahaha.

But I believe I adressed the fighting prowess problem in the first post?

Now I know Bane has a pretty could fighting Prowess. Not going to lie, Tarzan isn't the best martial artist. But this cat sure can wrestle. He has the strength to bring Bane down if he gets a good hold on him.

And I still believe that. Tarzan wrestles apes daily, he overpowered the strongest ape in the tribe.

Bane wouldn't just be standing still like a doofus, and lifting him straight off the ground while he's resisting is much easier said than done. Bane is a lot larger than the average man as shown in the scan there. Bane could probably grab the rope and end up tugging on it to pull Tarzan from the tree if he even attempted such a thing.

Yeah, but Tarzan's speed with it would help. Again

No Caption Provided

He was able to get the noise around him with him knowing and before he could react.

He's been able to hold back Lions
He's been able to hold back Lions
And lift apes with his noises
And lift apes with his noises

So it shouldn't be such a crazy idea that Tarzan could pull this off

Bane has

• Durability
  • Fighting prowess

While Tarzan has

• Speed
  • Agility
  • weapons

Over Bane. IMO both have similar strength maybe 6/10 for Bane when on Venom. Both have faced great odds when they were children. All though Tarzan's does seem more bad ass, being king of the apes and what not. In the end, both face wildly different challenges. Bane facing insane martial artist. Tarzan facing a savage jungle with apes, lions, dinosaurs, giants, etc. They're both great warriors and I loved this thread.

But I'm pretty much finished here. I won't be able to tag anyone later tonight so if you're ready to vote can you tag them?

I had fun and hope to face you again soon!

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thetruebarryallen: @jwalser3: Having read it over again, I'm going to give it to thetruebarryallen.

Really great arguments were presented from both sides, and I had a legitimately tough time casting my vote. Nice debate.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: I think a Combi Tarzan can win with what has been shown.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Score

TheTrueBarryAllen - 1 Vote (I_Like_Swords)

Jwalser3 - 1 Vote (CadenceV2)

Feel free to vote people :3

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also @jwalser3, I know it's too late to really add this into the debate but I don't see an issue with Bane tanking the attack from lightning, as normal human beings have survived being struck by lightning without death. Some people die, some people live. In that moment, Bane survived ^_^

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad props to @jwalser3 for teaching me how amazing Tarzan is, more than I thought (I thought this was gonna be Disney Tarzan). Also, congratz to @thetruebarryallen for those reaaally impressive Bane feats............DAMN IT I CALL STALEMATE. Too close to call.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokergeist

This actually was a really close debate and I had tons of fun in it, I just wanted to show the Vine that Bane can be cool too XD

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also @jwalser3, I know it's too late to really add this into the debate but I don't see an issue with Bane tanking the attack from lightning, as normal human beings have survived being struck by lightning without death. Some people die, some people live. In that moment, Bane survived ^_^

I thought you were getting at that he would be able to keep on tanking such an attack. :p

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jwalser3

@thetruebarryallen: Also looks like you win with a 3 to 1 vote. Great job! See you next time

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 It was a really great debate, I learned a lot about Tarzan from this, dude's pretty intense!

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: After I proposed the battle I realized how good Bane is at h2h.....LOL. Want to do another street level fight?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 Well I've currently got 4 or 5 different tournaments to focus on, so I'd rather get those out of the way before I do another CAV.

One of them is in the final round though so possibly after that one finishes :)

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tarcon10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tarzan in comic crossovers...

Tarzan kills! It's not only about intelligence, physical, or technical prowess, you also have to consider the experience in crossover comics. Frankly, Tarzan has a great record in these. Also, in any battle or fight, morale is of great importance and imitators like Kraven or Kazar don't have any against a classic like Tarzan. On the other hand, Tarzan vs Conan is probably the crossover that most fans of either character want to see! Surprisingly, it has yet to materialize in comics or other media. The battle has been raging in literary experts circles and in online debates between their fans without a clear winner. But even Conan the Barbarian was influenced by Tarzan of the Apes.

Tarzan first appeared in the 1912 novel Tarzan of the Apes and then in 23 sequels by Edgar Rice Burroughs. The character Tarzan proved immensely popular and quickly made the jump to (and ruled in) other media, including comics. Tarzan of the Apes was adapted into newspaper strip form, first published January 7, 1929, with illustrations by Hal Foster, a seminal figure in the history of comics, especially action-adventure strips. Tarzan is a major influence over the Golden Age (1938-1947) superheroes and yet never put on a ridiculous outfit. Conan the Barbarian was created by Robert E. Howard in a series of fantasy stories. In February 1932, Howard vacationed at a border town on the lower Rio Grande. During this trip, Howard rewrote a rejected story, "By This Axe I Rule!" (May 1929), he further conceived the character of Conan and also wrote the poem "Cimmeria" replacing his existing character Kull of Atlantis with his new hero, and retitling it "The Phoenix on the Sword".

Let's also look at crossovers examples. The outcome of another crossover idea against a supervillain like Kraven would be easy to predict. (Deadpoolzilla, on Youtube, has awesome crossover reviews and ideas for proof if you need any.) This fight is like pitting a dachshund vs a wolf, just because both are canines and both can hunt. Tarzan kills Kraven (one of Spiderman's top villains, for most who have not even heard of him.).

The Claws of the Catwoman was a great crossover comic book series featuring Tarzan and Batman. They team-up, of course. This is our typical Batman in style, not art, which was good too and reminded me of Batman: The Animated Series produced by Warner Bros from September 5, 1992, to September 15, 1995, and won four Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Animated Program. If some Batfans don't agree, it's just that Tarzan is "giving the orders" here. Maybe Forbes magazine knows who is richer but while Batman is a tough all-around crime fighter... Tarzan is the apex peak human hero of all comic houses (DC, Marvel, Darkhorse, Dynamite ... etc) and the closest non-super powered heroes fall several categories below him. Lord Greystoke is a savage beast in the same millionaire club as the eccentric genius, Bruce Wayne. No, Batman is never overshadowed, which is as it should be and makes this crossover very interesting. I would like to see more Tarzan comics like these. Batman comics and movies have always been very good. Lots of respect for the Bat.

Kudos for Viral Killer on Youtube who covered the crossover against the Predators. I love the crossover idea and I like that Simmons, the writer respects the Tarzan character by turning this crossover comic book series into an extraterrestrial massacre. Tarzan is often softened too much for political reasons these days. The result is nice movies, with beautiful scenery that lack the badassery his fans have always read about him, but not often demonstrated in movies. Did Simmons go overboard or has Simmons intentionally insulted Predator fans? I don't think so. On the contrary, it has made me want to know more about these alien hunters. An incredibly cool race of intergalactic warriors! Besides their advanced technology and physical abilities, the Predators have been the subject of numerous novels, video games, and comic books, both on their own and as part of the Alien vs. Predator crossover imprint. But I can't help notice that even in the 1987 movie The Predator, they play second fiddle to Arnold's Dutch character. It seems they always co-star or share honors in their movies. Apart from mostly serving as worthy opponents and losing to a better human foe, it can also be said that they are mostly nameless creatures from somewhere in outer space. I do believe that even the most diehard predator fans know it and expect that. In fact, it is a strength because Predators along with Aliens are in more crossovers than anyone else and keep coming back in greater numbers. I did feel that the story became crowded with the Mahars and that it could have been better saving them for a future story. Yes, Simmons should have used that space to demonstrate more of that cool Predator culture/technology and even some individuality in some of them.

King Kong has incredible physical abilities and although naturally fierce, he also has that rage factor (like Hulk) that

seems to increases his abilities to frightening levels. Also and just as important, Kong has become one of the world's most famous movie icons and has appeared in various media since 1933. Although smart for a monkey, Kong is no genius and that's his main weakness because he can only use simple tools. Tarzan, on the other hand, was an R.A.F. pilot and officer in WWII, is a martial arts and weapons expert etc. (plus has a quasi-magical ancestral knife that doesn't wear down, never gets lost and every time it is unsheathed, the result is DEATH) Also, not many people know that Tarzan is immortal. this is part of the official ERB lore. so by defacto, Tarzan is a demigod and is very early recognized as a Munango-Keewati, a forest devil, by an African witch doctor and the cannibals that killed his ape mother. There is a Tarzan/King Kong novel coming soon! Tarzan wins, but I suppose he will be forced to come up with a good plan to beat the big ape without killing him and preventing Kong from slaughtering his captors. This monster beast gets a lot more respect from me than other superheroes/villains like Black Panther, (even with his hit movie for kids) or other relatively new wannabes. I hope Conan fans are also taking notes since many of them claim the mythology Conan lives in puts him against greater things, like those gods and what not.

Tarzan is no novice when it comes to war, tactics, weapons, and hand to hand combat. In Tarzan the Untamed he mowed down countless Germans during WWI. Conan fans who don't believe it can read reviews that I found at manapop,com by Mike Brooks:

Tarzan declares war on Germany, could have been an alternate title to this book as a good portion of it has Tarzan go all Rambo on the invading German forces during World War I.

This is a grimmer and more brutal Tarzan than we have seen in the past books, and for a very good reason, his wife is murdered. If one was to make a list of things not to do I’m betting killing Jane, would probably appear near the top. The first half of the book is pretty much all about a wrath-filled Ape Man wreaking holy hell on the German forces while he tries to locate the men directly responsible for the atrocities he found at his home. He would grab a native porter for interrogation, scarring the living crap out of him, and then once he has gained what information he can get Tarzan would then crush the life out of the man. One German officer is left stuck in a tree with a hungry lion waiting for a meal, while others meet brutal if not as sadistic ends. At one point Tarzan takes the aforementioned lion, which he has leashed and beaten into submission, and forced him into the German trenches. When the hapless German soldiers flee the trenches Tarzan is there waiting for them, with a machine gun, and he rakes them with a deadly hail of bullets. This is a sprawling epic with Tarzan wiping out German soldiers, traveling desert wastes, battling cannibals, befriending lions (two of them in this book), and of course, he finds a lost city. Only the inclusion of Bertha and Percy in the second half of the book, which is mostly jungle adventure and lost city finding, connects it to the first half, which is all about war and revenge."

In Tarzan and the Foreign Legion, we get a book that feels like more a military adventure story than Tarzan the Untamed did. The book begins with the introduction of Corrie van der Meer, the daughter of a Dutch settler who refused to evacuate Sumatra when the Japanese invaded. Many women in Burroughs’ books are spared being raped because two villains spend too much time arguing over who gets to ravish their beautiful victim first, which then gives our protagonists time to step in with a last-minute rescue. When we first encounter Tarzan in this book he is going by his identity John Clayton, and he’s an RAF colonel to boot. He has been assigned to join a group of American airmen who are on a photo reconnaissance mission over Sumatra. When their unarmed B-24 Liberator bomber is shot down, and they find themselves in a jungle deep inside enemy territory, they soon count themselves as very lucky to have Clayton with them. He is the pilot of a P-40 Tomahawk in another licensed novel! What’s interesting here is that Tarzan does not reveal himself as the notorious Ape Man, and when he first strips down to a loincloth and starts fashioning a bow and arrow the men think he’s gone nuts. It’s not until much later that when they see him kill a tiger with nothing but his bare hands and a knife that one of the Americans put two and two together and figures out who he actually is. Later in the book he informs his friends that in his youth he was given an elixir of longevity by an African witchdoctor, which would explain how Tarzan is still looking young, and in peak physical condition, when he should be in his late 60s. The group first scoff at this notion until Jerry mentions how he was told Tarzan stories when he was but a child, so some magical intervention is the only explanation for Tarzan’s youthful appearance. Burroughs had come up with a brilliant way to keep writing about a character, over a great span of time, without having to worry about the problem of an aging hero. Instead of being given a Super Soldier Serum and frozen in an iceberg like Captain America we have jungle mysticism to keep our hero young and vibrant. there is a ton of amazing jungle action as our heroes battle their way through hostile territory, against man and nature as this “Foreign Legion” takes enemy soldiers, hostile apes, nasty pythons, a band of ruthless outlaws, and Tarzan even fights a shark."

Finally, for those who believe that Conan may have a physical ability greater than Tarzan, I would safely say that I’d much rather be in “Tarzan” shape than “Conan” shape. The supporting info I got from an article in a site called Histoy

of Sorts.

The character Tarzan has been played by a great number of actors, The former Olympian Johnny Weissmüller is the actor most associated with Tarzan, but Glen Morris had also previously been an Olympian. In the U.S. Olympic track and field trials for 1936, Morris scored a new world record of 7,880 points, earning him Newsweek’s sobriquet “the nation’s new Iron Man.” Morris broke his own world record, and the Olympic record, in the Berlin games, with a decathlon score of 7,900 points. It was said that Adolf Hitler never left his seat while Morris was competing and that the Germans thereafter offered Morris $50,000 to stay in Germany and appear in sports films, an offer Morris refused. In 1938 he played Tarzan in ‘Tarzan’s Revenge’ The reviews were so thoroughly bad that Morris never made another movie. He played four games with the Detroit Lions football team, before injury curtailed this new career, then worked as an insurance agent. He subsequently served in the U.S. Navy and was stationed in the Pacific during World War II, commanding amphibious-assault landing craft. Reportedly wounded, Morris was treated for psychological trauma issues and spent several months in a naval hospital (dreaming of lost cities with Miss Venezuela-like queens, I'm sure!).

Arnold Schwarzenegger, an Austrian-American actor, filmmaker, businessman, author, philanthropist, activist, politician, and former professional bodybuilder and powerlifter played Conan. He served two terms as the 38th Governor of California, from 2003 to 2011. (and King of Aquilonia in the Hyborean age, don't forget). Schwarzenegger began lifting weights at the age of 15. He won the Mr. Universe title at age 20 and went on to win the Mr. Olympia contest seven times, remaining a prominent presence in bodybuilding and writing many books and articles on the sport. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest bodybuilders of all-time, as well as the sport's most charismatic ambassador

Tarzan wins! :)