CaV SFW (Buffy) vs Keenko (Green Goblin)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
No Caption Provided

@sirfizzwhizz

No Caption Provided

@keenko

Death or KO.

Standard Gear.

Goblin and Buffy get half hour prep before battle.

Start 300 feet apart here.

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

T4V.

Avatar image for cpt_facepuncher
Cpt_FacePuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh! Green Goblin in a cav?

T4V

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
No Caption Provided

Buffy is the heroine of the famous Buffy the Vampire Slayer show. Not only she has a show with over a 100 episodes, but more than over few hundred comics all canon to her as well, continuing on with Seasons 8-10 in comic form. She is a human inbued with mystical abilities granting super speed, strength, durability, healing, and years of innate skill. Armed with her weapons like the unbreakable Slayer Scythe, and multiple stakes is all she needs to win.

Buffy Skill

Buffy is one of the most skilled characters in fiction IMO. She was born with the innate skill of past Slayers, and their memories. After activating as the Slayer, she was proven to have these memories of fighting in full.

In the famous episode that touch on innate skill, it is stated Slayers on the subconscious level have the memories, and experiences of past slayers. When they "Activate" the skills are natural and present in them to a degree. They cannot recall experiences and such when they try to, but they have it in them. Proven in this episode when a young girl who "activated" had the skill and memories of the Boxtor Rebellion Slayer that Spike had killed, speaking a asian language, and enough skill to decimate Spike. Even though said girl had no training, or was taught any other languages. This is also shown in the canon origin comic of Buffy.

Scan 1-2 shows how Buffy growing up she experience the lives, and deaths of past Slayers just like the little girl Slayer in the episode above. Scan 3 flat out has Buffy explaining she has thee memories of fighting and killing from various Slayers before her. Scan 4 states Buffy's untouched mental prowess as well in the same issues of her past memories.

No Caption Provided

All this comes to a head in the canon season 8 comics, when Buffy faces Fray. Fray had no connection to past Slayers, no memory of them. Buffy overcomes Fray using her memories of every past Slayer's battle. This is stated directly, showing experience triumphs over brute force. Thats three examples of how past lives provide a string innate skill for Slayers, and Buffy more so.

No Caption Provided

Buffy then honed these skill in a very strict training environment for three years with Giles, aka Ripper, who was one of the top Watchers ever known. Just to drive the point home on Giles training, and Buffy's innate skill, here is a example of Buffy's first training session shown in the first few episodes when Giles attempts to teach Buffy the basics.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With zero training and effort, Buffy effectively uses official weapon maneuvers and styles to beat Giles on her first day of training with the quarter staff. Even though Giles been taught all his life as a kid weapon styles, hand to hand, and magic by the Watchers. Innate skill pulling through. Giles still spent over three years honing Buffy's skills to the best it can be, which shows thanks to Buffy 7 seasons, and 100s of comics. Like Kendra who trained all her life, Buffy was a expert in all weapons (minus gunpowder age one) in a few short years.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We do know in her hand to hand training with Giles, Buffy uses a advance Hybrid form Akido and Jujitsu. When she spent most of a school year training with Angel who knows Judo. This leads to some facts that she is proficient in those three forms that we know about for strict hand to hand.

She would also be trained heavily by Angel through out Season 3. Practicing her form, and sparring with him nearly everyday just to have some way to be with him.

No Caption Provided

Kendra, another Slayer that was in her mid teens already was an expert in all weapons (minus guns) and notices differences in weapons. More evidence of Slayer training by Watcher in a few years, and the innate skill that goes with it. However in this scene Kendra who is a Expert in all weapons, showed a misunderstanding of the weapon design that Buffy used, to which Buffy replies she can show her a thing or too. Giles had even train gone as far as to teach Buffy to fight blind, which Buffy uses several times on invisible, or unseen foes.

No Caption Provided

First fight against a invisible foe. Hears the very creaking of wood from a single movement. This was before she had any training. Natural talent.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Halfway Season two, second year of training, Giles runs out of ideas of things to train her in. Tries blind fighting, and yet Buffy not only manages to know where Giles is at, but bounce a ball off the wall to tag him. Her first official Blind Fighting exercise.

No Caption Provided

Buffy was nearly ambushed by three invisible demons, only to hear them sneaking on her. She then manages to fight them all and beat them down.

No Caption Provided

Buffy again faces off against a Watcher blindfolded taking out him, and another target.

No Caption Provided

Buffy with her eyes closed catches with her hands a killing thrust by Angel. Need I say more? In short, Buffy is incredibly well train in the lore thanks to Giles, Angel, and her own Slayer past lives.

Accuracy

Not only is Buffy insanely skilled, but she has incredible accuracy as well.

As seen, Buffy uses Stakes and blades as successful range weapons. Hand throwing them great distance in some of these scans with accuracy to nail the heart of super fast vampires.

No Caption Provided

With accuracy and ability to use anything as a weapon, nothing is safe.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NeonGameWave

Cool and awesome :)

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I'm so sorry, I was never notified about this. I'll get a post up soon.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes, glad to see The Shadow getting some attention but this match should be good.

Loading Video...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I still like it, I watch it every once in a while.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MYYEHFBIWEDYHBWQHKEDW I DELETED MY POST ON MOBILE GOD DAMMIT

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Keenko

@sirfizzwhizz, luckily, I saved most of it, but CHRIST.

Green Goblin

No Caption Provided

Norman Osborn is one of the brightest, ruthless, cruel and clever minds in Marvel. He's single-handily ruined, destroyed and ended the lives of thousands in the 616 and is directly responsible for many different disasters and events that are high in causalities, all in the pursuit of power. He's unhinged, he's evil and he loves to kill. Armed to the teeth with a plethora of gadgets and toys and enhanced greatly by his own Goblin formula, the Green Goblin is a legendary name that strikes fear into the hearts of citizens and heroes alike. Everyone who crosses his path remember it, be it because he left a nasty scar or killed the girl of your dreams, Norman's desire to be victorious over what he perceives to be inferior than him, which basically is everyone, is unmatched and combined with his insanity is an edge in every battle he undergoes.

I'll try and use your general layout to make this an easy to read CAV. I'm gonna start with his general stats, then skill and then move onto his gear.

Physicals

First and foremost, I want to address the source of Norman's enhanced stats, the Goblin Formula.

Norman's transformation, badass stuff, ay?
Norman's transformation, badass stuff, ay?

To summarize it, the formula makes enhances him several times over allowing him to trade blows with an enraged/bloodlusted Spiderman; it gives him your standard enhanced strength, durability, reflexes and intelligence.

Strength

These are very general instances of how strong Goblin formula users are, being able to casually lift multi ton objects and punch around Spiderman.

Durability

The formula gifts him with a healing factor allowing him to tank a punch from a near morals off Luke Cage (He thought that Norman had killed his unborn child), survive being impaled and being shot.

Reflexes and Speed

The formula actually makes you incredibly quick and keen. Norman has been described as a blur of lightning, goblins are generally able to avoid bullets, shoot webs out of the air and dodge Spiderman's attacks.

Skill

Norman absolutely stomps Swordsman. Swordsman is tough enough that he has beat Venom.

Norman stomps Whirlwind, Mr.Hyde, and Boomerang.

Stalemates Songbird. (Note, Norman had been destroying dozens of soldiers and got done fighting Swordsman that same day so he arguably wasn't operating at his peak.

Gear

Glider

The glider can be remotely controlled, is silent and incredibly balanced, capable of impaling those who cross it's path with enough force to kill super humans and smash through a sentinel's head, shoot blasts capable of blowing holes in walls, and is electrified.

Pumpkin bombs

The bombs have a near silent ignition, produce enough heat to melt through three inches of steel, leave infernos in their wake, have enough force to kill entire police squads and through around Wonderman level heroes and consistently can blow up buildings!

Suit

His suit has withstood sniper fire and is strong enough that it hurts Spiderman to punch it unrestrained. Norman has a lot more gadgets and feats to work with, but I think I'll wait for my next post to go into detail. I look forward to your counter.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko: No worries, I wont get to this to another 2-3 days.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Yo, would you ever be interested in finishing this?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko: I would not, the match is not fair really thanks to some of Shadows feats I gotten past few months. He is high level mystio/telepath.

I you want to debate Goblin Still I can change characters.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Ahhh, I understand. What character would you have in mind? Honestly, I'm just looking to advance myself as a debater and so on so whatever you think is fair I'll go with. I'm fine with sticking with a Goblin but I do have a far assortment of characters I can debate with.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko: I been in a mood for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I will use her.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Alrighty! Sounds good. I'll keep my opener up and let you post yours whenever.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko:

No Caption Provided

Alright, now you have a idea of the most important factors to this fight, Buffy speed and accuracy, I can touch on minor things like strength, durability, and speed as we go on. I can state now your character advantages is the tech, and strength. However, Buffy takes this because of her skill alone.

Initial Concern

The glider. Your airborne. Air power and all that. However the map is not unkind to Buffy here. Buffy has faced flying foes many times before.

Demons fly, and attack from trees. perfect example of how Buffy fights is limit that option. She can easily run into a building, and force Goblin on her terms. Another factor is Buffy attack from a higher ground. Then there is the insane accuracy in projectiles that she can use to damage the glider, or knock Goblin off. Either way, Buffy has fought flyers fine before, and this map gives her plenty of options to deal with it.

Now what happens when Buffy has Goblin to herself? She will whoop his butt. She is only roughly a tonner in strength. Thankfully she has edged weapons to negate Goblins blunt force durability. Meanwhile, Buffy's own speed and durability more than match Goblins own feats.

Buffy Speed

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Buffy chases after a speeding bus from roof tops, after being stab in the stomach no less.

No Caption Provided

Here Buffy steps on a Bear trap in the dark, but then pulls her foot out before it snaps shuts in a slow motion shot. These traps close at speeds faster than you can see, and well over 300 FPS.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Various feats of bullet timing from point blank shots, multiple shots by a high train Watcher, gunfire of a army, rapid fire from Darla, and heavy gunfire from two sides at one time by Watchers.

No Caption Provided

Pushes Faith out of the way of lightning after it was released at them.

Various showings of afterimages of Buffy moving faster than her surroundings.

No Caption Provided

Vampires are shown time and again to be too fast to be perceived by human eyesight, shown as blurs. Buffy is shown several times blitzing them before they can react, and in large groups.

Buffy Durability

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As seen, she can tank blows from speeding cars, cracking thick threes, or smashing out stone columns with her durability and barely being fazed by it. So what few blows Goblin may land on her would not matter to what Buffy will be dishing out.

Thus the skill advantage kicks in with this speed behind it, with edge weapons doing all the hard work of dismembering.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Working on a good rebuttal rn, while also cleaning so it'll take a bit.

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@keenko said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Working on a good rebuttal rn, while also cleaning so it'll take a bit.

Four months later.......

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_wayne: I honestly thought I had replied to this lmfao

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers