CaV: Nightwing(Cdiddyman) VS. Daredevil(Cosmically)

• 68 results
cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cdiddyman911

This shall be the CaV of a century!!!!!!

The Challenger

Cdiddyman911 shall be representing

Nightwing
Nightwing

And in the other corner we have...

The Defender

Cosmicallyaware1 shall be trying to retain his win streak against Cdiddy, and he will do so with....

Daredevil
Daredevil

Scenario

No Caption Provided

Mr. Mxyzptlk has had a very rough 90 days. He was bamboozled into saying his name backwards again by Superman, sending him back to his home without even getting any ice cream from New York when he left.

This made the Mxy very upset, and for him the best way to relieve stress is to watch people murder each other against their will.

GET THIS MAN SOME GOSH DARN ICE CREAM

So Mr. Mxyzptlk decided that these two were some good candidates, and that they were brave and strong individuals. So, he goes ahead and dumps them into a play arena he made.

He is using a incredibly strong illusion on them, making both of them think the other is evil, while still not touching their morals. Neither of hem remember how they got here, just to stop the other

No Caption Provided

What Mr. Mxy decided to throw the combatants into is a island on the back of a massive Blue Whale. This Blue Whale is obviously much longer than any normal Blue Whale, with a length of 2 miles.

The time when the fight begins will be 6:00 PM, making it slightly dark but not too dark...

DA RULES

Morals will remain the same

If they will be leaving the island or else they will get the boot(in the form of a quarter of a mile whale tail coming at their face)

Both of the combatants have standard gear

Battlefield can be utilized in any way, shape, form, to one's advantage against the opponent. Unless Mxy makes rulings.

Win by Death/Incap/KO

Pre/New 52 Nightwing

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks interesting. T4V please.

L. D.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911: I am working on my Intro, but it may be a little bit. There are 3 other CaV's that I need to post in first (one reply is almost done). So feel free to put your Intro up first.........."slow roll" on this one mate....

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome tag for votes

Rayox21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911:

Alright. Sorry for the delay my man, I have quite a few threads going on right now. Allow me to get my Introduction up. This is great, the first time I have used Daredevil in a debate! I'm excited!!!!!!

Introduction!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, readers of the Vine!! You are in for a treat in this thread, as Cosmicallyaware1 defends his 1-0 title against cdiddyman!! This shall be street leveler fighting at some of it's finest (I hope)! So without further delay......

Daredevil; The Man without Fear...

No Caption Provided

Quick Biography // Matthew Murdock "in a nutshell".....

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save a stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day he is a successful trial lawyer but by night he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil.

Matt Murdock was raised in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of New York City, by his father, boxer "Battlin" Jack Murdock. While his father was away, Matt secretly started training himself on his father's equipment. While walking down a street one day, Matt noticed a blind man was about to get hit by a truck. He ran in front of the truck, and pushed the blind man out of the way. However, the truck was carrying radioactive waste, and some spilled out directly onto Matt's eyes causing him to go blind. With his vision gone, Matt's remaining senses of hearing, touch, taste, and smell became heightened, and he was able to "see" using a "radar" sense, that showed outlines and shapes. The radiation also may have had an impact on his mind as well, allowing him to retain information easily.

No Caption Provided

Matt continued with his studies and his secret training regime. His hard work paid off when he got into Columbia to study law. It was there that he met his roommate and future business partner Franklin "Foggy" Nelson. During this time, Jack Murdock was enjoying some success in the boxing ring, so Matt got tickets for himself and Franklin to go see a bout. However, before the fight Jack found out that all his matches were fixed, and he was going to get killed if he didn't fix the match. Jack didn't want to lose his match in front of his son in the audience, so he went against his orders to fix the match and won. The Fixer did not take this well, and so he took matters into his own hands. Jack Murdock came out after the match and was trying to go home. But, he was murdered that night.

No Caption Provided

Shortly after, Matt and Nelson graduated from Columbia and started their own law firm Nelson & Murdock right away. After graduation, Matt also devised a plan to avenge his father's death. He made the Daredevil costume, and brought The Fixer and his second-in-command Slade to justice. Thus "The Man Without Fear" was born.

No Caption Provided

Trial and Tribulations......

Matt has had quite the rich history in the Marvel Universe. Filled with ups and downs.In all actuality, he's quite the tragic character as most of his life has been plagued by severe hardships and strife. Yet he perseveres and is the epitome of a hero.

Instead of going through his whole history and appearances (which is unnecessary), I will quickly touch upon some of the key elements that make Daredevil the man that he is.

• Training by Stick.
  • His war with the Kingpin / Kingpin discovers identity
  • Rivalry with Bullseye.
  • relationship with Elektra.
  • avenging his father's death.
  • varied rouge's gallery (notably Mr.Hyde, Stilt-Man, the Owl, Tombstone, Typhoid Mary, Bullseye, the Hand, etc..)
  • relationship with Black Widow
  • Death of Elektra
  • "Born Again" arc / Nuke / Karen Page
  • Typhoid Mary
  • rivalry with the Punisher
  • relationship with Spider Man
  • "Fall from Grace"
  • "Guardian Devil" / the Death of Karen Page
  • Echo
  • "Shadowland"
  • The Hand. Ninja history (it's complicated really.....)
No Caption Provided

Powers and Abilities // What makes Daredevil unique?

ahhhhhhh. Now there is a lot to say here. Matt Murdock is a very complex individual, and a very unique one as well. His "power" definitely isolates him, and his skill-set/fighting ability in conjunction with his superhuman enhancement set him in a realm of his own. I will break down his skill set categorically now.

No Caption Provided

Index:

1. Radar Sense
  2. Fighting ability
  3. Agility
  4. Reaction

"Radar sense" // Enhanced Perceptions

No Caption Provided

Daredevil's heightened senses allow him to "see" what's around him. His radar sense is similar to echolocation.

No Caption Provided

Daredevil's hearing functions so well he can hear a person's heartbeat at a distance of over twenty feet, or people whispering on the other side of a standard soundproofed wall. His sense of touch is so acute that his fingers can feel the ink on a page allowing him to read by touch. He can also feel minute temperature and pressure changes, including body heat from people standing nearby. Matt amazingly can tell whether a person is lying by listening to changes in their heartbeat, or by smelling their sweat when they are under pressure. Daredevil's sense of smell is so precise that he can focus on a person's smell and follow it through a crowd of people at a distance of 50 feet or gunpowder from a sniper rifle almost 3 blocks away. He also has a great ability to remember smells, so he can identify people by smell alone. An lastly, Daredevil's heightened senses make him particularly adept at tracking people. He uses his sense of smell to track their scent and his sense of hearing to discern vocal patterns, heartbeats and gait.

No Caption Provided

I feel that this will be one of the key elements that will provide Matt a solid victory over Nightwing here, which I will cover in much deeper detail later on in the debate.

Fighting styles and Disciplines // H2H skills...

No Caption Provided

When Frank Miller took over the series, he brought greater focus to Daredevil's physical abilities by adding ninjas into the Daredevil canon. A previously unseen character, Stick, who had been Matt's sensei after his accident is introduced. Also blind, Stick taught Matt how to control his senses and also taught him martial arts. With this training, Daredevil becomes a formidable hand-to-hand combatant. His typical moves are unique blends of the martial arts Ninjutsu, Jujutsu, Judo, and stick fighting combined with American-style boxing while making full use of his gymnastics capabilities. Daredevil has also been trained in the extensive arts of a Ninja, and stalemated the X-Man Psylocke in fighting ability and has had equally impressive showings against the most premiere H2H fighters in the Marvel Universe including Elektra, Iron Fist, Black Panther, and Captain America (which will be covered later on)

No Caption Provided

This will be the most arguable portion of the match, as this is a H2H matchup. And Nightwing is incredibly talented, trained, and definitely the upper echelon of fighters in the DC Universe. It will be an excellent match for sure.

Main Point: Daredevil is one of the premiere H2H fighters in the Marvel Universe. His experience, training and powerset is also that of peak human condition to match Grayson's if not excelling him in some areas. This will be an incredible fight between the best of the best, undoubtedly.

Acrobatics // Gymnastics

No Caption Provided

Due to the fact that Daredevil's sensory organs have such a high level of development, his inner ear, which controls the equilibrium and motions of the body, is also highly developed, aiding him in acrobatic feats that may surpass even Olympic-level athletes. He is a prime example of what is considered "Peak Human" capacity and is one of the trademark characteristics of his career. This will also be a key element in the debate as Richard Grayson fits into this category as well.

No Caption Provided

Daredevil has shown the capacity to consistently match this ability with the likes of Spider Man who has enhanced ability in the realm. That speaks volumes to the man's capacity in lieu of skill. This is also a testament to his stamina and strength level, both of which have a huge play in his execution of said maneuvers. He flipped a full limousine, bent steel, and broken bricks.

No Caption Provided

Reactionary Skills

No Caption Provided

Due to Matt's Peak Human statistics and his extrasensory perceptions, he has insanely high reactionary times. He uses this hand in hand with his fighting ability and acrobatic skills to the maximum potential. He is a bullet dodger at point blank range, avoids multiple attacks from every direction while fighting multiple foes, evades attacks from the most talented of fighters, and dodges even the most complicated assaults....

No Caption Provided

These abilities in conjunction with what has previously been stated will add to DD taking a win over Nightwing.

Standard Gear // Paraphernalia

Daredevil carries a billy club, disguised as a cane in civilian garb. It is a versatile, multi-purpose weapon, stronger than any fist. It contains thirty feet of aircraft control cable, which is connected to a case-hardened steel grapnel. Internal mechanisms allow the cable to be neatly wound and unwound, while a powerful spring launches the grapnel. Daredevil usually carries two fighting batons.

No Caption Provided

This will be an essential tool to help Matt, especially considering Richard's proficient use of the Escrima Sticks. Here DD's weapon has the slight advantage due to it's high strength corded material contained within.

No Caption Provided

Matt has used his Billy Club/Baton Sticks all throughout his career to much success. Offensively, defensively, and for a myriad of other capabilities. It will be covered in greater detail later on.

Wrapping it all together.....why Daredevil is going to take the win here.....

• Unique sensory perceptions will enable DD to gain an edge and persevere over Nightwing
  • Fighting ability mixed with near superhuman agility and reflexes will add to sensory perceptions
  • higher pain threshold, enable to fight through any injury
  • Simply more dedicated to take the win (I know this will be an argument!)
No Caption Provided

and with that, over to you my friend.....

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 o.0 Your post is fantastic! I will try my best to beat though(even though I know diddily-squat about Nightwing :p) and finally get my revenge!\

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic's post's are getting even better than before

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic's post's are getting even better than before

Dude. Thank you so.much.for that. I am actively working on the optimum posts possible.......it is very important to me.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: It was, very nice structure, everything was on point. It's up to cman to create a comparable counter punch which I'm sure he can pull off.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: how's the formatting look so far my man? You know I always value your opinion.....

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: how's the formatting look so far my man? You know I always value your opinion.....

No Caption Provided

Good intro, good pacing, good usage of headers! Thumbs up!

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: cool, thanks man. I am switching some things up, and have a "posting template style" pretty much ironed out now.

I've been meaning to make a template for myself as well, good move on your part to do this.

Also; T4V for this match.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Tag for votes

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 K here I go!

Nightwing

No Caption Provided

Nightwing used to be known as Dick Grayson, a young boy and a third of the trio called "The Flying Grayson's", a family circus group. They were highly renown acrobats and were some of the best in the world. This is where Nightwing got his excellent agility from. But while all seemed well with this family, it wasn't. At this local circus there was a mafia, and a mafia that wanted money from the circus. When the circus declined, the mafia set an example and killed Dick's parents during a performance.

Because of this, Dick needed some adopting to happen. Batman felt sorry for him, as well as he related with him so he decided to take him under his wing(see what i did there :D). And like all the people that Batman takes under his wing, they turn into bad-asses. I suppose you could say the Dick grew some balls(I'll be here all week). But in all seriousness, he did learn from one of the best in the DC universe. He learned leadership and fighting skills, as well as being a detective ad a better person.

These attributes learned from Batman helped him to become Robin, and lead the team Teen Titans eventually. After that he decided to stop being Robin and changed himself to Nightwing, a far more bad-ass person who doesn't play around. This hero is a challenge to deal with for any street-leveler and sometimes even higher. His fighting skills coupled with his brain make him powerful, but is he powerful enough to beat Daredevil? We shall see...

Brief bio of him and his stats:

What Nightwing Learned Pre-Batman

No Caption Provided

This will be covering the things that he picked up on and learned naturally, by his parents mostly, before he met Batman and became Robin. Ths section mostly covers on what he learned by being a acrobat, and working in the circus.

Speed

Nightwing is very fast for not being superhumanly powered, learned from his time in the circus. He is on par with the likes of Catwoman, Batgirl, and Batman, even exceeding the likes of some of them. He has even been able dodge certain speedsters attacks, and even catch Wally West once(hardcore PIS albeit).

No Caption Provided

Here you can see Catwoman says Nightwing IS faster than Batman, someone who is easily one of the top non-powered speedsters. You can also see him visually being faster and him dodging bullets like nothing. That's pretty damn good if you ask me!

What I'm trying to get at:Nightwing can hang with the best, including Daredevil. Even though DD is renown for his speed, the same can be said for Nightwing. I really don't see a edge going to either one on speed, and if there is, it's not big enough to matter.

Agility

Nightwing is superb at agility, and in every fight he faces, you can see it. He dodges in and out of all sorts of things and is so fast and agile he makes blurs. I swear you would think it's Spiderman with a blue suit to the naked eye!

No Caption Provided

As said right here, he is the best acrobat in the DC world. This includes Batgirl, Deathstroke, Batman, etc.

What I'm trying to get at:Nightwing is the best at what he does in this category. I know this will be a big piece of dicussion in the debate, but I will stand by saying that Nighting is as agile, if not more so, than Daredevil.

What Nightwing Learned Post-Batman

No Caption Provided

Everything that Nightwing has learned from the Bats, and from being the Bats, this will mainly touch on all of his technical skills including fighting and detective skills. This will also include all of the equipment Nightwing has to offer.

Fighting Skills

Nightwing is a very underrated fighter. He has learned from Batman and is extremely competent in a close H2H fight, however most comfortable with his escrima sticks. He can hang with them all, Deathsroke, Batgirl(Babs and Cass), Azrael, Batman, etc. In fact he has a very good track record, beating Catwoman, Huntress, and most impressively beating Ra's Al Ghul in a swordfight.

Nightwing is not to be messed with when it comes to battle just like when he managed to beat Jason here, eve after being severely injured.

What I'm trying to get at:Nightwing is a extremely competent fighter, one who can stand toe to toe with nearly anyone, and shouldn't have much trouble at least holding his ground against Daredevil

Detective/Tactical Skills

While this may not seem overly important, this will be absolutely vital in defeating such a worthy opponent. As many know, since he was traned by Batman he is extremely good at deducing things and finding "weak spots" in people. I mean that's half of Batmans job, meaning it was half of Robins.

I specifically want to show how he can deduce weaknesses, and be able to see people. He is like his own advanced knowledge perk, being able to know tons about people, things people didn't even tell him.

Here he is able to beat Zane solely on the fact of being able to come across the conclusion incredibly fast that his dmino masks are affecting him psychologically, and he manages to turn it on to Zane himself. This proves his incredible wit and brain.

What I'm trying to get at:Nightwing can see people for what they really are, perhaps for a blind that uses enhanced senses to fight. Just, perhaps.

Equipment

Nightwing carries a lot of gear, including but not limited to:

• Batarangs
  • Sonic Batarangs
  • Cyber Batarangs
  • Explosives
  • Smoke Gas
  • Poisonous Gas
  • Escrima Sticks

And this is just the tip of the iceberg

Why Nightwing will win

All of his physicals are on par with Daredeivl witha few key factors like Detective and equipment, that should be able to seal the deal against you.

Okay, thats all I have time for, guess it's your turn!

No Caption Provided

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: lol thanks man, you too! I guess mine had t o be good, thks is my third time i had to make it :p

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for vote pls. I will love this debate. PLEASE do not let it die :D

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Trust me, i wont let it xD. And absolutely

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Haha cool,honestly I know diddily squat about him, but im going to try my best to honor the Dick!

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cdiddyman911
oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for votes, this is a good one

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: somebody wants the formatting king crown ;)

T4V

Damn right. My first time in college I was a graphic design major. I've been many things and changed professions over the years, but........I pride myself on being aesthetically sound.

Absolutely tag. As always.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HigorM  Moderator

@cosmicallyaware1: T4V.

Nice to see the formatting philosophy growing strong, makes me remember my good days ;P

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for votes please

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911: I have been very busy bro, but I am working on a reply. I shall not forget and will have it up as soon as I can.

@higorm said:

@cosmicallyaware1: T4V.

Nice to see the formatting philosophy growing strong, makes me remember my good days ;P

gotcha my man, always tag. I learned formatting essentials from you homeboy!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Damn, how do you manage to be on so many CaVs at once ? Respect to you man.

Tag me for votes please.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Damn, how do you manage to be on so many CaVs at once ? Respect to you man.

Tag me for votes please.

well, I am stretched incredibly thin and am insanely behind in posting in all matches I am in LOL. I do mostly CaV's (instead of tourney's anymore) because there is no time limits (my job/career and family life are very busy and demanding).

Thank you very much for the respect, I am humbled. One day we will have a match as well, I have been noticing you around.

absolutely tag, if you like I will add you to my "list of viners to tag for voting" in matches? and you may do the same for me, I love being tagged to vote in a great debate!!!

Sure man, add me to your list, and we certainly need to do a match, I look forward to it.

Feel free to check the CaV I am currently doing, here´s the link.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-new-52-superman-ghostravage-vs-thor-thor-parke-1659942/?messageId=14399750&page=1

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers