CaV Ghostrider (BulletToTheHead) vs Despero (Speedster101)

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Speedster101

CaV! Between...

The Spawn of Mephisto, The Spirit of Vengance, NicholasCage! Whoops... My bad...

GhostRider! Represented by @bullet_to_the_head

No Caption Provided

VS...

The telepathic terror, The buster of teams, the big, the bad, the pinkish-red...

Despero! Represented by Speedster101

No Caption Provided

Stipulations

• Ghost Rider is Johnny Blaze only, no Zarathos
  • Penance Stare isn't allowed
  • Despero doesn't have the flame of Py'Taar
  • Despero is composite
  • In character/ Morals on (what ever morals they even have...)
  • Battle takes place on a barren, indestructible planet (same atmosphere and gravity as earth)

For New users

• This is a CaV, not a battle forums "who would win" if you don't know what a CaV is check out the Challenge a Viner thread
  • If you have under 1,000 posts and choose to be a voter, I will have to ask that you give a very in depth analysis as to why you voted or myself, or my opponent

Voters

AttackOnShabaz

NeonGameWave

SirFizzWhizz

FatherChaos

ProfZ

Conner_Wolf

Rayox86

Trickyman86

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag 4 votes pls

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: Wait, I can't activate Zarthous? Saftey Switch off means I can

Avatar image for attackonshahbaz
AttackOnShahbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. This should be good.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Speedster101

@bullet_to_the_head: Alright, let's get this debate going!

Despero! The Telepathic Titan!

Character Info.

Powers/ Capabilities

• Enhanced physicals
  • Telepathy- Can also be applied to create illusion and posses foes
  • Telekinesis- Can be used to grant Despero flight, force fields etc.
  • Healing factor
  • Psionic energy projection
  • Teleportation

From here i'll get into a few of the specifics.

Strength/ Speed/ Durability

Throughout his time as he has faced off with many members of the JLA (in fact the whole team at once). This fact alone tells us a few things about Despero's physical capabilities.

• That he has the strength required to dispatch multiple 100+ tonners at once
  • That he has the speed/ reflexes required to tag FTL characters
  • That he has the durability to tank shots from numerous 100+ tonners at once

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111131960/3991987-7204938497-39233.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111131960/3991988-7121205851-39233.jpg

This combat sequence shows Despero easily dispatch and KO Wonderwoman, Powergirl, Superman, and SHAZAM. Proving my above statements.

Telepathy

This is by far Despero's most potent and devastating power. Despero is easily one of the most powerful telepaths in the DCU. He has been able to take out power houses easily simply by completely over running their mind, and I think he'll be able to do the same here.

Despero one shots Martian Manhunter with telepathy
Despero one shots Martian Manhunter with telepathy

Now, I'm sure you're well aware of The Martians telepathic prowess, but allow me to further put this into perspective.

Jonn scans the minds of every being on the planet
Jonn scans the minds of every being on the planet

This puts Despero well above planetary level in TP

Jonn enters the Spectre's mind with his TP
Jonn enters the Spectre's mind with his TP

Considering that the Spectre is very similar to Ghost Rider (given that he's a spiritual being), but is significantly more powerful than Ghost Rider, I think it will be pretty easy for Despero to TP Blaze.

Personality/ Combat style

Despero is obviously a villain, and is ruthless with no morals. Although I will concede on thing... He typically doesn't immediately go for the telepathic assault, but after the physical combat if Despero feels as though he might lose he's more than wiling to go all out with the TP. He has brain washed GLs in order to combat the league, so he will make use of his Telepathy. Also, despite not always going for the complete mental possession, he does often combine his physical attacks with illusions and TK/ Psionic blasts, so just because he wont always use TP doesn't ean he wont make use of his power set.

Summary/ What I've established

• Despero is easily a 100+ tonner
  • Despero is MFTL combat speed
  • Despero can tank shots from planetary level strikers
  • Despero has well over planetary level TP
  • Despero has numerous other means of attack with his versatile mental powers

How this plays out

The battle starts out physical and from here either two things happen...

1. Despero completely over whelms GR with his vastly superior physicals and combat speed.
  2. GR uses some of his other abilities to gain an upper hand on Despero, Despero either uses TK/ illusions to regain control of the battle, or completely posses you.

That'll do it! Good Luck bro

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope to see some good arguments here because I really don't see how this is close without penance stare or Zarathos being there to knock GR out of TP. Good luck, can't wait to see more!

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for voting

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Speedster101
ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rayox21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Speedster101

@rayox21: sure

But read the OP about new users

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Speedster101

@trickyman86: Ok, and having fewer posts means your less experienced and have debates less, which would affect your vote.

Rayox21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: Yes, Lets

Ghost Rider, Spirit of Vengeance

Origin Story

Johnny was an Orphan, He was adopted. Adopted Father was a DareDevil, So Johnny followed in his foot steps. Father got Cancer, So Johnny Sold his soul to a demon (because that always go so well, doesn't it Spawn?) Yay, His father's Cancer was cured! But then he died 5 minutes later in a stunt crash. So Johnny swore Vengeance against demons and all of that, same old, same old.

Powers:

Super Strength- Around a 1000 Tonner

Picks Up A Possesed Super Military Excavator (Don't Ask) and throws it the whole length of the Jungle
Picks Up A Possesed Super Military Excavator (Don't Ask) and throws it the whole length of the Jungle

Just merely lifting the Excavator would require 200+ Ton strength, throwing the whole length of a Rain Forest? More towards 1000 Tonner

Healing Factor

Takes a Laser to Head(Skull?) that completely disintegrates it, but heals in less than a full panel.
Takes a Laser to Head(Skull?) that completely disintegrates it, but heals in less than a full panel.

High End Durability

Should be Noted when at 100% Satan can destroy the Earth

Gets Sucker Punched by Satan at 50% Power, Get up then Two Shot him (No Penance Stare Needed)
Gets Sucker Punched by Satan at 50% Power, Get up then Two Shot him (No Penance Stare Needed)

Hell Fire

This Deadly Stuff Attacks the Soul Directly, While it can deal physical damage, it more focused on spiritual. More Sins the Target has Committed, the more it's going to hurt and based on Despero's description, It going to hurt as hell

Explosions!!!

No Caption Provided

Clones!!!

No Caption Provided

Construcs!!

No Caption Provided

His Chains and Bike are Made of Hell Fire, All of which are indestructible

Tp Immunity? (You bet your marbles he has it)

This could be what the main debate is about, I am going to post two feats of Johnny in Human form falling to Tp control, but as soon as he Changes to Ghost Rider Form, It no longer effects him

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This Tp in the above two scans was strong enough to control Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, THOR, Man-thing, Wolverine, Captain America, random guy who I do not know, and Human Johnny all at once. One of the Key things here is it was working on Thor, A guy with some amazing Tp resistance feats yet once johnny goes Ghost Rider, it doesn't even effect him.

How I Feel I win

• Ghost Rider is a Strong Mother F#cker, he should be able to do some damage with a Hell Fire Infused Punch
  • Ghost Rider is Durable, add that to his Healing Factor he should be able to last long enough to tag Despero with a Hell Fire Explosion
  • Desperos' Tp is useless on GhostRider
  • Desperos, while durable, has no defence against Hell Fire, Which will like, Hell
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@profz: Execpt that GhostRider is immune to Tp :p

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Can I get tagged too?

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: how many counter do you want to due before closing and opening for Votes? I'm thinking three or two counter the. Closing

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Speedster101
Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Speedster101

Round 1, Counters!

Pretty good opener @bullet_to_the_head, now lets get into the counter arguments.

Counters

Just merely lifting the Excavator would require 200+ Ton strength, throwing the whole length of a Rain Forest? More towards 1000 Tonner

I think you miss understand bro... 100 tonner is a reference to Marvel's strength scaling, it's not actually saying those characters max out at 100 tons. If were going by actual numbers, 1000 tons is laughable to even Superman (who gets smacked around by Despero as displayed above).

Pulls planet earth
Pulls planet earth
Bench presses planet earth
Bench presses planet earth

These feats easily put Clark drastically above the 1 billion ton range, and Despero manhandled him, as well as 3 others roughly as strong. If throwing a construction vehicle (something the Thing could do) is the best Ghostrider can do he's hilariously outclassed in strength.

This is a good feat, but it's nothing Despero couldn't replicate, incredibly easily.

Heals from decapitation
Heals from decapitation

One of the only things this feat shows is that GR can be severely wounded by energy attacks, meaning Despero's Psionic laser beams should be able to keep the pressure on and put in some work. Also, I want to point out that not only does Despero have this level healing, but he has encountered similar levels of healing as well. He managed to put down Martian Manhunter, who has been able to regenerate from a puddle.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Ill take your word for it that Satan is a planet buster despite any feats... Either way, GhostRider seems pretty phased by this attack, where as Despero took direct shots from multiple planet busters and completely shook it off. Including Captain Atom, Superman, SHAZAM, etc. i don't think it will be so hard for Despero to penetrate GRs durability at all, he one shotted numerous planetary+ durable characters.

Punches Wonderwoman from the sun to the earth... Yet another testimate to the type of damage Despero has tanked
Punches Wonderwoman from the sun to the earth... Yet another testimate to the type of damage Despero has tanked

This Deadly Stuff Attacks the Soul Directly, While it can deal physical damage, it more focused on spiritual. More Sins the Target has Committed, the more it's going to hurt and based on Despero's description, It going to hurt as hell

Despero has dealt with Spiritual entity's and powers before, this shouldn't be a problem. For examole, Nth metal *posts feat of fighting Hawkman* here Despero shows he's durability also cant be penetrated by magical sources such as Nth metal. Also, how much damage does this do per sin? Because there are no feats displayed of the non tangible damage dealt.

Tanks shot from Nth metal weapon
Tanks shot from Nth metal weapon
  1. Explosions- Thats the destructive power of GRs attacks? That looks like nuke level at best... Planetary level attacks dont even phase Despero, I'm thoroughly unimpressed.
  2. Clones- How powerful are these clones compared to the original? Does this weaken him when he uses this power? Are they just mere constructs shaped like him? I need a bit more context bro.
  3. Constucts- Indestructible eh? Because Despero has beaten up Nth metal in the past, so i wouldn't say these cant be broken by Despero's over whelming strength. If anything GR can be disarmed of his chains through TK so I don't see this being an issue at all.

This could be what the main debate is about, I am going to post two feats of Johnny in Human form falling to Tp control, but as soon as he Changes to Ghost Rider Form, It no longer effects him

This Tp in the above two scans was strong enough to control Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, THOR, Man-thing, Wolverine, Captain America, random guy who I do not know, and Human Johnny all at once. One of the Key things here is it was working on Thor, A guy with some amazing Tp resistance feats yet once johnny goes Ghost Rider, it doesn't even effect him.

I don't think there is such a thing as immunity, just very high resistance, but what eves...

These are very good feats, but Despero is FAR above anyone GR has encountered in the range of TP. He has taken on Martian Manhunter + Arthur at once

Battles MMH and Aquaman in a Telepathic battle
Battles MMH and Aquaman in a Telepathic battle

Completely controlled the ENTIRE JLA (including MMH and GL who has insane TP resistance) with ease, And lets not forget that Jonn Jonzz has TPd someone who's "immune to telepathy" and who's far more powerful than GR, twice... The Spectre...

I think it's very safe to say that Despero could TP Ghostrider if push comes to shove, and if he cant full control him I would say he could ATLEAST penetrate his mind enough to use some kind of Illusion or mental blast. Also, lets not forget Despero's mental attacks also can manifest into physical blasts such as Psionic energy beams and Telekinesis, so Ghostrider's never in the clear.

• Ghost Rider is a Strong Mother F#cker, he should be able to do some damage with a Hell Fire Infused Punch
  • Ghost Rider is Durable, add that to his Healing Factor he should be able to last long enough to tag Despero with a Hell Fire Explosion
  • Desperos' Tp is useless on GhostRider
  • Desperos, while durable, has no defence against Hell Fire, Which will like, Hell
  1. All you have shown is that Ghostrider can throw a construction machine and fire nuke level blasts (thats being generous). Not nearly enough to even scratch Despero who takes shots from Captain Atom and Superman like nothing.
  2. Lots of problems with this statement... First, I have shown that Despero is more than capable of beating down GR on the physical and mental level. Second, I doubt he could tag Despero if Despero decided to bull rush him, *posts feat of Despero fighting MMH in space* you have shown literally no Speed feats of GR, where as i have made it clear Despero is MFTL. Lastly, IF he tags Despero, there is no reason to believe it will be effective at all...
  3. I believe I have proven otherwise...
  4. I have showed feats of Despero combatting magical/ spiritual assaults, where as you have shown Zero feats of The Hell Fire's spiritual affects on the target, you've only shown lackluster explosion feats.

Recap.

• Despero is significantly stronger, faster, and more durable. In fact my opponent didn't even show any speed feats...
  • Despero should still be able toeffectively TP Ghostrider
  • Despero can counter you Hell Fire (your main attack) with his durability and TK shields

That'll do it! Good luck bro

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: mumble,mumble, Now I gotta go look for GhostRider our Riding Thor's hammer, Thor's Tp resistance, and other things. Expect Counters on Thursday, This is my First Cav, I plan on winning it!

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: so you have enough time for this but not enough for a measly intro???

All jokes aside, T4V, you're doing a hell of a job here

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Thor-Parker

Tag for votes please

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@speedster101: if this makes it far enough, then please tag me for the voting please.

Battle_nerd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rider