CAV: Firestorm (TNBB) VS Nova Prime (HTTK)

• 79 results
Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

No Caption Provided

Information

• Firestorm is composite
  • Richard Rider has the Nova Force
  • Standard Gear
  • Win is by KO, or incap
  • Morals are on (Changes as battle progresses)
  • In-character
  • No preparation
  • Basic knowledge on each other
  • Please refrain from posting your opinion on the match until it's done
  • Asked to be tagged voting, or message for me to know to do so

No Caption Provided

TAGS

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@heirtothekingdom: nice.

I don't know much about Nova outside of Annihilators, Annihilation and the first 10 or so issues of his Post-Annihilation solo volume, so could you go first?

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: nice.

I don't know much about Nova outside of Annihilators, Annihilation and the first 10 or so issues of his Post-Annihilation solo volume, so could you go first?

Sure can.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rpgesus

T4V

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I've been waiting to see this for awhile

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tag tag tag

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@thenewbluebeetle007

OPENER

Nova Prime, The Human Rocket

No Caption Provided

Nova, Richard Rider, probably the most well-known and famous Nova Corpsmen, and also a member of the Annihilators He's a protector of the universe, and also a protector of earth, using the Nova Force he helps take down some of the most powerful villains Marvel knows.

After annihilation, it was discovered that all the other Nova Corpsmen were dead. Leaving Richard Rider as the sole Nova Force user in the universe, so he was than imbued with all the Nova Force energies from every other corpsmen making him much more powerful.

Richard gains the Full Nova Force.

Richard Rider has a wide variety of powers which consist of

Powers/Abilities/Stats

• Enhanced physicals (Well beyond 100 tons)
  • Insane speed (faster than light)
  • Flight
  • Enhanced durability (Can take hits from class 100's)
  • Can open portals
  • Can open Stargates
  • Energy manipulation
  • Energy absorption
  • Tracking abilities
  • ,Manipulation of gravity
  • Produce force-fields

These powers and abilities have been greatly increased after gaining full power to the Nova Force. Well although Richard has all of the Nova Force, he can't necessarily tap into all of it as it would be too much power and would drive him crazy. This has been stated by another thing Richard Rider will have in this battle. World Mind!

World Mind

No Caption Provided

World Mind is all the knowledge, energy and power from the planet Xander, and Nova Corps. World Mind is what gave Richard the full Nova Force not to mention the same thing that keeps it's power in check. Being that Richard has all the Nova Force, World Mine speaks to him a lot, and often gives him strategic approaches and information in battle.

Now to get into what Richard has done with the Nova Force.

Strength

Before even inheriting the Nova Force, Richard was incredibly strong. He's not nearly as strong as the heavy hitters like Hulk, Wonder Man or Thor, but he can still do damage to beings of that level. Here he displays just that. A mind-controlled Thor is struck by Rider with such force that it sends him hurling and causes him to be rattled quite a bit. Whether it was because of the strike or the mind control running off, the Odinson surely felt such a hit.

No Caption Provided

This is impressive also because 1) Nova mostly relies on energy projection, so seeing him hurt Thor with physical strength shows he can hurt Firestorm in a physical, with a power he's weaker at and 2) This is before he got the full Nova Force, so he would be much stronger now.

Here is an example to display just that.

After obtaining the full Nova Force, Richard was doing incredible feats of strength to show that he can in fact hurt beings with incredibly durability.Firestorm would get overpowered quite easily if Rider goes in close. Rider has shown he's capable of hurting Xenith a Strontian. In a way they are like Marvel's versions of Kryptonians. Richard didn't just hurt her, he drew blood from her too. Though he did weaken her beforehand (mental dampener to take away her mental focus, loosing confidence and loosing power and invulnerability) , it should be known that her durability would still be above Firestorm's being able to go rounds with her cousin Gladiator herself.

To show how strong he is to an even greater degree, here is Nova Prime pulling 5 giant boats quite easily with nothing but ropes tied to his body.

No Caption Provided

If Rider gets close to Firestorm he can quite easily overpower him.

Energy Projection

I believe that Rider can either match or overpower Firestorm's energy output which would allow him to take Firestorm in an area he's heavily versed in. While Firestorm does have some incredible fire power, it's not quite on the level of Rider's, so he may be on the defensive end of the battle if Rider is seriously letting it loose.

Here is how potent his energy blasts can be.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, that's a creature from the Cancerverse, and if you know the Cancerverse, you would know that the creatures and beings there are extremely powerful. Heck Captain America was way more powerful there than in the 616 universe. Even Lord Marvel was several times more powerful than Captain Marvel of the 616 universe. Thor better watch out.

Gravitational control

As well as being an energy manipulator, Nova can also manipulate gravity to multiple effects. Although one way he really seems to like to use it is something called a Gravitational Pulse. Where he sends a pulse of gravitational energy towards an enemy and sends them hurling. This attack can be shot through his hand and throughout his body. It can also do a lot of damage

No Caption Provided

This is not the only thing Rider can do with his gravitational abilities though. He can put beings or objects in gravitational bubbles to trap them. Most likely can't hold Firestorm for long, but they can surely give Nova the time he needs to do anything else. Seeing as how he can easily make one, it's more than likely he can make multiple ones or just increase it's intensity.

No Caption Provided

Durability

He's not only powerful, but he can also take a hit if need be, and has shown time and time again that he's pretty damn durable. Firestorm isn't quite a physical being, but here is how durable Prime can be when physicals is mixed with energy blasts. The Silver Surfer has flat out bull-rushed Rider into the power below making a big explosion, and he got up as if it was nothing at all. That's real durability as the Surfer and Nova were also exerting energy going down.

Force-Fields

Also Firestorm can fire blasts of fire or energy, which Rider can block with his force-fields. He's used his force-fields to block heat vision from a pissed off Gladiator, so it should be quite effective. He can also increase them in size and power.

No Caption Provided

Just so you get an idea of how powerful Gladiator's heat vision is, here are some feats and descriptions.

1. Blasts through Hulk's body
  2. Matches Phoenix Force Cyclops for a while with it
  3. Matches Tyrant for a little with it
  4. Is stated to be as hot as a star

Yeah, and Rider blocked it from a pissed Gladiator.

Speed

I'm not going to lie, I don't know a whole lot on Firestorm other than he can fly, fire blasts of energy, and transmute things. I don't really know how fast he is, but one thing I know for sure is he's not faster than Nova Prime. He didn't get the name "The Human Rocket" for no reason. It's because he's insanely fast, and I mean insanely. Even before having the full Nova Force, Rider was already faster than light which was greatly increased as he gained the Nova Force. Just to give you a little glimpse as to how fast Nova's can travel. Here is Sam Alexander who is currently wielding a black Nova Helmet. He's not nearly as experienced as Rider nor is he even close to as powerful (Rider has all the Nova Force, while Sam would have a portion, the difference is vast), yet Sam was capable of traveling from one galaxy it seems to another. Nova Prime would be much faster than this.

No Caption Provided

That's the type of travel speed Rider has. He's a guy who likes to bull-rush his opponents too, so coming in at those speeds will do incredible damage. Rider's speed has always given him an advantage over most in battles. Rider has the potential to blitz Firestorm.

If you want an example of Rider blitzing, here he does it to Drax easily. He had no chance.

In fact he's so fast he can engage multiple opponents at the same time with ease.

Rider's strength coupled with his speed should allow him to overwhelm Firestorm. Seeing as he has force-fields and energy projection, he can block or counter Firestorm's blasts. There is also the fact that he's too fast so he'll just avoid most things.

I think that's enough for an opener.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. This should be one of the closest CaV's I've seen in a while.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firestorm The Nuclear Man

No Caption Provided

Bio // Character History

No Caption Provided

Football player Ronnie Raymond and nuclear physicist Martin Stein were fused as a result of an accident in Stein's lab, thus creating the entity known as Firestorm. An extraordinarily powerful being, Firestorm could manipulate non-organic matter, fly at astounding speeds, and spew flames from his body. Frequent banter between Stein and Raymond was a hallmark of their adventures. Firestorm was a member of the Justice League of America.

Later, Ronnie ordered the United States and Russia to lay down their nuclear weapons to prevent mass destruction. As expected, neither country was happy about it, and even the Justice League came to try and stop Firestorm. The Russians also sent their own superhero, Pozhar, to confront Firestorm, and when they clashed, Pozhar (who went by the civilian name Mikhail Arkhadin) was fused into the Matrix. He was later expelled from it.

In Identity Crisis, Ronnie died a rather non-glamorous, abrupt death at the hands of Shadow Thief. We soon learned that the Firestorm entity could not be killed in the traditional sense, and it attached itself to Jason Rusch, a brilliant high school student. Jason was a much more skilled Firestorm than Raymond/Stein, demonstrating a myriad of new abilities including temperature control and size shifting. Rusch fused with his girlfriend and, after helping the League defeat the Legion of Doom, became a member, before eventually quitting.

Post-Flashpoint, Firestorm was made up of Rusch and Raymond, while Stein was more or less out of the picture. They were individual Firestorms (as seen above) but could combine to create Fury, a walking nuclear reactor. After the termination of the government's Firestorm program (which was responsible for Firestorm's creation), they gained the ability to fuse into a single Firestorm, without the instability of Fury. Firestorm has clashed with the Teen Titans, Despero, and the Crime Syndicate, and has become one of the more powerful members of the League.

Firestorm has been a member of the Justice League, and one of their most powerful members. He's fought the highest order of team-busters including Despero, Darkseid, and Anti-Monitor, and sometimes even defeating them. In this debate, I will demonstrate on why Nova Prime, though powerful, has nothing on the Nuclear Man.

Powers and Abilities

The Firestorm Matrix has the energy of a big bang itself, and primarily it is used to restructure matter. However, everything is made up of matter, so with the right tweaks, a host of other powers become readily accessible to Firestorm as well.

• Transmutation
  • Size Shifting
  • Flight
  • Intangibility
  • Temperature Control
  • Enhanced Physiology
  • Minor telekinesis
  • Energy control
  • Teleportation

Advantages // Why Will Firestorm Win?

Firestorm is not known for his physicals, but my first order of business will be to show that he is more than capable of contending with Nova Prime in that category. However, this is not what will be the deciding factor in this debate. Firestorm's reaction time, shields, intangibility, and teleportation make him extremely difficult to tag, even for Nova, while his energy manipulation will ensure that Nova's blasts will do nothing, or even hurt Rider.

Transmutation and constructs will ultimately prevail in this debate. Firestorm often traps his opponent in a sort of atomic cage, or and I see no reason that Nova would not be susceptible to such an attack. He can immobilize Nova with promethium, or in the worst case scenario, BFR Rider to the Matrix.

@heirtothekingdom: you're up mate! Let's give these people a show!

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be great... get to learn a lot about some cool characters

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting:)

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@thenewbluebeetle007: Great opener!

Counters

Firestorm is not known for his physicals, but my first order of business will be to show that he is more than capable of contending with Nova Prime in that category.

I'm guessing as the battle progresses you'll highlight some of Firestorm's feats. Though I really don't seem him being as fast as Nova Prime or capable of keeping up with him throughout the battle. Rider's speed is pretty much unmatched by most, and I mean that entirely.

Just to give you an indication of how fast Prime is, and how difficult it will be for Firestorm to keep up. Here is a Nova corpsman who is far weaker than Prime bltizing multiple phalanx scouts. He's doing this quite easily too.

I also really doubt Firestorm is anywhere on Nova's physical range either. Firestorm seems to be more of a ranged fighter, oppose to Prime who is kind of a mixture of both, which in fact gives him an advantage. He can take the fight physically and range. Physically he out-classes Firestorm, and ranged he can contend or match with him. Possibly even overpower him. The Nova Force greatly enhanced Rider's strength after obtaining it to the point he could toss a Technarch. They are quite big, and have been capable of ripping stars apart. Most likely smaller stars, but stars nonetheless. Rider easily tosses one.

No Caption Provided

As I see it, Firestorm can't amplify his strength to Prime's levels. So he will always be weaker than Rider, and seeing as how Rider can gain more power from the Nova Force the more he taps into it, than he's going to be in more of a struggle.

However, this is not what will be the deciding factor in this debate. Firestorm's reaction time, shields, intangibility, and teleportation make him extremely difficult to tag, even for Nova, while his energy manipulation will ensure that Nova's blasts will do nothing, or even hurt Rider.

Prime pretty much has the same abilities as Firestorm, but he also has abilities which could cancel out those ones too. Like using his gravity manipulation to make teleporting difficult, and such.

Firestorm doesn't have any insane reaction speed from what I know that suggests he's capable of reacting to most of Rider's attacks. His shields can actually be destroyed by powerful striking power or energy projection which Rider does indeed have. It may hold up against a single attack that Rider let's loose, but when he ups the power. Firestorm's shields won't be able to sustain it. Even before his Nova Force upgrade, Rider could do things like this to Namor.

Your go.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: let's get this started!

Round 1

No Caption Provided

Rebuttals

> Physicals

I'm guessing as the battle progresses you'll highlight some of Firestorm's feats. Though I really don't seem him being as fast as Nova Prime or capable of keeping up with him throughout the battle. Rider's speed is pretty much unmatched by most, and I mean that entirely.

Here's the thing: Firestorm doesn't need to be as fast as Nova Prime. If he can react and get his shields up, then he will certainly be able to defeat Prime in the ways I mentioned in my intro. More on that later.

Just to give you an indication of how fast Prime is, and how difficult it will be for Firestorm to keep up. Here is a Nova corpsman who is far weaker than Prime bltizing multiple phalanx scouts. He's doing this quite easily too.

And exactly how fast are these Phalanx scouts?

I also really doubt Firestorm is anywhere on Nova's physical range either. Firestorm seems to be more of a ranged fighter, oppose to Prime who is kind of a mixture of both, which in fact gives him an advantage. He can take the fight physically and range. Physically he out-classes Firestorm, and ranged he can contend or match with him. Possibly even overpower him. The Nova Force greatly enhanced Rider's strength after obtaining it to the point he could toss a Technarch. They are quite big, and have been capable of ripping stars apart. Most likely smaller stars, but stars nonetheless. Rider easily tosses one.

I seriously doubt that Nova Prime will be able to outclass Firestorm in either category.

Regarding physicals, Firestorm has been shown to be extremely strong and fast, with superb reaction times. Let's look at Firestorm Volume 3, #35 to sample his physical prowess.

Here, Firestorm trades blows with an amped Kalibak for multiple pages - especially impressive considering the same Kalibak defeated Orion in one shot. Orion, for reference, has Superman level strength and durability, perhaps even surpassing Supes.

He then oneshots Kalibak with a blast.

> Reaction Speeds

As I see it, Firestorm can't amplify his strength to Prime's levels. So he will always be weaker than Rider, and seeing as how Rider can gain more power from the Nova Force the more he taps into it, than he's going to be in more of a struggle.

I don't really see why Firestorm would want to go physical in this fight, considering he is a ranged combatant. He could easily teleport away, or go intangible to avoid Nova Prime's attacks. Just to show that Firestorm has what it takes to react:

No Caption Provided

Firestorm, who just got out of the hospital, casually reacts to the beams of Dr. Light. In case you didn't know, Light controls, well, light, and his blasts move at the speed of light. So the fact that a weakened Firestorm was able to react to such a blast from a few feet away means that he can easily react to Nova and go intangible / get his shields up / teleport.

Prime pretty much has the same abilities as Firestorm, but he also has abilities which could cancel out those ones too. Like using his gravity manipulation to make teleporting difficult, and such.

And how exactly would gravity make teleportation more difficult? That doesn't make much sense.

Firestorm doesn't have any insane reaction speed from what I know that suggests he's capable of reacting to most of Rider's attacks. His shields can actually be destroyed by powerful striking power or energy projection which Rider does indeed have. It may hold up against a single attack that Rider let's loose, but when he ups the power. Firestorm's shields won't be able to sustain it. Even before his Nova Force upgrade, Rider could do things like this to Namor.

I'd wager that a weakened Firestorm reacting at the speed of light is enough to say he could react. His shields easily withstood the blasts of Killer Frost and Dr. Light, who have hurt Wonder Woman and Superman in the past (respectively). And besides, Firestorm isn't going to just let you fire at him. He's going to get out of the way, or teleport, or absorb the energy.

Why Does Firestorm Win?

Well, for starters, Nova can't do anything to him. What if Firestorm were to go intangible, and stay that way while absorbing Nova's energy based attacks? Could Nova feasibly hit him?

And Firestorm will win this fight like he wins most of his other fights: transmutation.

A viable opening move would be to cage Rider.

No Caption Provided

Firestorm can just turn the air around Nova to solid titanium or, if Nova starts to break out, promethium. Either one should be effective, as Firestorm can simply blast a now-immobile Nova until he has been defeated.

Now, obviously, there is a lot more Firestorm can do, and as counters are made and the debate goes on, I will bring up Firestorm's other attacks. But this is round 1, and we're still getting a feel for each others' characters.

@heirtothekingdom: you're up!

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007:

Round 2

No Caption Provided

Rebuttals #2

Here's the thing: Firestorm doesn't need to be as fast as Nova Prime. If he can react and get his shields up, then he will certainly be able to defeat Prime in the ways I mentioned in my intro. More on that later.

You are correct, though the speed difference between the two is quite big. I mean don't get me wrong, Firestorm is fast in his own right, but Rider's whole character kind of revolves around speed. He may get his shields up in time to shield against Rider's attacks, though it may not hold. Not to mention if it's destroyed, Rider can easily adapt to the situation and just move faster to get there before shields are up. It's better to just show you the sheer speed advantage Nova holds over Firestorm.

While fighting Sphinx, Nova is overwhelmed by the powerful KA stones Sphinx possesses. So what does he do? He grabs the stones at extremely fast speeds out of Sphinx's helmet, flies to the sun, tosses it in there, and returns to the battlefield in no time at all. He moves so fast that by time he starts his sentence on earth, he finishes it when he reaches the sun. This indicates he probably reached the sun before he could finish a sentence.

No Caption Provided

Nova should be fully capable of reaching Firestorm before his shields are even put up. Also I would like to note that this is Nova before he got the Nova Force so he is much faster than that now.

And exactly how fast are these Phalanx scouts?

It's not really indicated, but there was a number of them. They have fought the Kree, and X-Men in the past though.

I seriously doubt that Nova Prime will be able to outclass Firestorm in either category.

He definitely out-classes Firestorm in physical strength as he has shown much better feats of lifting and striking than he has. I mean Firestorm does have some rather impressive striking feats, but none which would put him above Rider. As for energy projection, that one is more debatable.

Regarding physicals, Firestorm has been shown to be extremely strong and fast, with superb reaction times. Let's look at Firestorm Volume 3, #35 to sample his physical prowess.

Here, Firestorm trades blows with an amped Kalibak for multiple pages - especially impressive considering the same Kalibak defeated Orion in one shot. Orion, for reference, has Superman level strength and durability, perhaps even surpassing Supes.

I think this scan doesn't indicate exactly what you just said.

1. For starters, Firestorm's attack did little to nothing to Kalibak. It did phase him quite a bit at first, but it's quite clear it did nearly no damage. That's not impressive in my opinion as you stated he was trading blows. What it looks like to me is Firestorm is going all out on Kalibak physically, and he's doing little to no damage.
  2. Second off, Kalibak didn't even strike Firestorm so we don't know if he could have one-shotted him or not. (I would believe he could if he could one-shot Orion)
  3. As for Firestorm showing superb reaction speed, it's not apparent here either. If his furry of blows was to show that, it wasn't that good. Kalibak isn't fast at all, and is quite almost always being out-paced when fighting beings with speed.

He then oneshots Kalibak with a blast

This part is apparent and quite impressive if I might add. To knock out a being of that level with a single blast shows his power.

That blasting power is troublesome, but like Firestorm, Rider can make force-fields. Which I might add can possibly be even more durable. Here his force-fields take repeated blasts from Blaastar who is in possession of the Cosmic Control Rod.

No Caption Provided

Just so you don't think the Cosmic Control Rod is some featless artifact which amplifies power, here is what another character has done with it when tapping into probably more power. Johnny Storm used it to amplify his fire control to the point he could melt through Celestial amour and cut off one their arms.

No Caption Provided

Blaastar wasn't as powerful as Johnny was with it, but he did posesses it in the showing above. It would still put him at extremely high levels.

I don't really see why Firestorm would want to go physical in this fight, considering he is a ranged combatant. He could easily teleport away, or go intangible to avoid Nova Prime's attacks. Just to show that Firestorm has what it takes to react:

It's not really what he wants here. Rider likes to fly up to characters and knock them around just as much as he does blasting them, so Firestorm is going to have to deal with it. He can teleport, but I can guarantee Rider could reach him before he does that. This is even more true as the fact that he can boost his combat speed making it so he can move faster in combat. This would make it so he can strike and land more blows on Firestorm whether he tries to evade them or teleport. I mean it's not hard to believe the human rocket can reach Firestorm before he teleports.

No Caption Provided

As for intangibility, Prime can simply just stay in a force-field until Firestorm comes out or simply attack him before he turns intangible. I don't think Firestorm can attack while he's intangible, so he'll have to come out eventually.

Firestorm, who just got out of the hospital, casually reacts to the beams of Dr. Light. In case you didn't know, Light controls, well, light, and his blasts move at the speed of light. So the fact that a weakened Firestorm was able to react to such a blast from a few feet away means that he can easily react to Nova and go intangible / get his shields up / teleport.

I've seen Doctor light being used multiple times on this site as an indication of beings have faster than light reaction speeds because they either dodge or block his light speed attack. This isn't correct. It is true that he can fire blasts of light which move obviously at the speed of light, but his bodily speed isn't on that level. When Doctor Light turned and was ready to blast Firestorm that speed was well below light speed, it's once his attack leaves him that it's light speed as the light is by itself. It's a common misconception when using Doctor Light's attacks as a speed feat. Firestorm does not have faster than light reaction speeds while weakened, let alone when he's healthy. His best bet at avoiding Nova is intangibility, and even with that he'll have to eventually come out.

And how exactly would gravity make teleportation more difficult? That doesn't make much sense.

As I've shown, Nova can make gravitational bubbles which can contain beings in them. I'm not sure whether Firestorm could teleport within one of them, so I said that. There is also the fact that he can trap Firestorm in a gravity field and increase it's intensity to 20x normal. I think it would be rather difficult to telport in those conditions, don't you?

No Caption Provided

Whether Firestorm teleports by moving his body one place to the other, by opening portals, or if he can even teleport out of the gravity field, he'll still have trouble doing it. Nova will have time to make a strategy, prepare, or attack while he's in it.

I'd wager that a weakened Firestorm reacting at the speed of light is enough to say he could react.

As I've shown in an above post, Firestorm doesn't have faster than light reaction speeds because he supposedly reacted to Doctor Light's light blast. Doctor Light's blast are faster than light, not himself. Meaning Firestorm would just have to put up his shield as soon as Arthur fired. There is the fact that he had his shields up already because he was blocking Killer Frosts his attack before with one hand. All he did was put an extra hand up because it was probably too much for him to handle with one. In the end all he really did was block Arthur's attack with a shield that was already up, at most he did was turn his body a bit clockwise.

His shields easily withstood the blasts of Killer Frost and Dr. Light, who have hurt Wonder Woman and Superman in the past (respectively).

It is indeed doing just that, but I would like to note that Nova Prime has more power than Killer Frost and Doctor Light together. He's pretty easily blasted around the Revengers (Cancerverses version of the Avengers) who are extremely powerful. As I said in an earlier post, the Cancervese beings are just as powerful as their counterparts if not more powerful. As you can see Revengers Thor is among them.

No Caption Provided

And besides, Firestorm isn't going to just let you fire at him. He's going to get out of the way, or teleport, or absorb the energy.

That's true, but that's whether he can do that in time. I believe he can, but more times than not? Not likely.

Well, for starters, Nova can't do anything to him. What if Firestorm were to go intangible, and stay that way while absorbing Nova's energy based attacks? Could Nova feasibly hit him?

When has Firestorm ever absorbed anything while he was intangible, that's probably the first of ever hearing a character who could do just that. Can I see a scan of that? Though even if it was true, you know how much power Nova has? He has the entire Nova Force. I don't think Firestorm could simply absorb that all out of him.

And Firestorm will win this fight like he wins most of his other fights: transmutation.

A viable opening move would be to cage Rider.

The difference between Orion and Nova Prime is Rider often utilizes his speed meaning he could easily evade that happening to him oppose to Orion. There is also the fact that he can fire omni-directional gravitational pulses to destroy that titanium block and release him.

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind those were all other Nova Corpsman. Though not nearly as powerful as him, they were still Nova's.

Firestorm can just turn the air around Nova to solid titanium or, if Nova starts to break out, promethium. Either one should be effective, as Firestorm can simply blast a now-immobile Nova until he has been defeated.

I think i'm going to need some scans to show he can do it out of thin air. I thought Firestorm's whole thing was transmuting one thing into another. Doesn't he actually need material to work with? Even if he did, making Promethium out of thin air doesn't seem likely as he's never done that before. Even titanium, as in that scan he used the metal Orion was holding up to transmute into the metal box around him. Only way I see Rider can stuck in that is if it's actually Promethium and that may be a stretch in itself.

Now, obviously, there is a lot more Firestorm can do, and as counters are made and the debate goes on, I will bring up Firestorm's other attacks. But this is round 1, and we're still getting a feel for each others' characters.

Sounds good.

Your turn.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom:

Round 2

No Caption Provided

Rebuttals

> Physicals and Blasts

You are correct, though the speed difference between the two is quite big. I mean don't get me wrong, Firestorm is fast in his own right, but Rider's whole character kind of revolves around speed. He may get his shields up in time to shield against Rider's attacks, though it may not hold. Not to mention if it's destroyed, Rider can easily adapt to the situation and just move faster to get there before shields are up. It's better to just show you the sheer speed advantage Nova holds over Firestorm.

While fighting Sphinx, Nova is overwhelmed by the powerful KA stones Sphinx possesses. So what does he do? He grabs the stones at extremely fast speeds out of Sphinx's helmet, flies to the sun, tosses it in there, and returns to the battlefield in no time at all. He moves so fast that by time he starts his sentence on earth, he finishes it when he reaches the sun. This indicates he probably reached the sun before he could finish a sentence.

Nova should be fully capable of reaching Firestorm before his shields are even put up. Also I would like to note that this is Nova before he got the Nova Force so he is much faster than that now.

Here's the thing about the speed advantage: Nova almost never blitzes with his full speed straight away, and he has been tagged my much slower beings than Firestorm.

For example, in Nova, volume 4, issue 3, Nova was tagged by Venom, Radioactive Man, and Penance. Those are three characters that probably aren't even faster than bullets, and yet they all got hits on Nova.

9 issues in the same series later, he was tagged by a Technarch, something that has no speed feats whatsoever.

I can post other instances of him being tagged by lesser beings all day. And before you accuse me of lowballing, I am simply pointing out that Rider does not consistently utilize his great speed in combat. I highly doubt that in character, he would go superluminal or above. In the blitz scenario, that's what he'd need to do.

I think this scan doesn't indicate exactly what you just said.

1. For starters, Firestorm's attack did little to nothing to Kalibak. It did phase him quite a bit at first, but it's quite clear it did nearly no damage. That's not impressive in my opinion as you stated he was trading blows. What it looks like to me is Firestorm is going all out on Kalibak physically, and he's doing little to no damage.
  2. Second off, Kalibak didn't even strike Firestorm so we don't know if he could have one-shotted him or not. (I would believe he could if he could one-shot Orion)
  3. As for Firestorm showing superb reaction speed, it's not apparent here either. If his furry of blows was to show that, it wasn't that good. Kalibak isn't fast at all, and is quite almost always being out-paced when fighting beings with speed.

1. It did phase him, meaning that it did do something... no, it didn't knock him out but the punches still hurt him.

2. Here you go:

No Caption Provided

Firestorm remains conscious after this, and later defeats him. His durability ostensibly eclipses Orion's by this feat.

3. His reaction speeds aren't apparent here, but they are in other showings.

That blasting power is troublesome, but like Firestorm, Rider can make force-fields. Which I might add can possibly be even more durable. Here his force-fields take repeated blasts from Blaastar who is in possession of the Cosmic Control Rod.

Just so you don't think the Cosmic Control Rod is some featless artifact which amplifies power, here is what another character has done with it when tapping into probably more power. Johnny Storm used it to amplify his fire control to the point he could melt through Celestial amour and cut off one their arms.

Blaastar wasn't as powerful as Johnny was with it, but he did posesses it in the showing above. It would still put him at extremely high levels.

I don't see how you can use Human Torch's feats with the Control Rod for Blastaar's. Show me Blaastar's own feats and then we can talk.

Firestorm has planet-busting power in his blasts; it's going to be extremely tough to keep the shields up if he decides to go that route (which he probably won't).

No Caption Provided

"A comet that came within six hours of wiping of wiping out the planet". This indicates that Elemental Firestorm is capable of wiping out planets with his blasts. We know that the comet refers to Firestorm because on the very next page, the light dissipates and it turns out to be Firestorm.

I'll need to see planetary level feats for your shields.

> Speed // Intangibility

It's not really what he wants here. Rider likes to fly up to characters and knock them around just as much as he does blasting them, so Firestorm is going to have to deal with it. He can teleport, but I can guarantee Rider could reach him before he does that. This is even more true as the fact that he can boost his combat speed making it so he can move faster in combat. This would make it so he can strike and land more blows on Firestorm whether he tries to evade them or teleport. I mean it's not hard to believe the human rocket can reach Firestorm before he teleports.

As for intangibility, Prime can simply just stay in a force-field until Firestorm comes out or simply attack him before he turns intangible. I don't think Firestorm can attack while he's intangible, so he'll have to come out eventually.

He may be able to reach Firestorm before he teleports, but will he? In character, Rider isn't going to bullrush Firestorm with all he's got. Especially when Firestorm has FTL reflexes.

And to debunk your claim of being unable to attack while intangible:

No Caption Provided

Firestorm first phases through a window while simultaneously turning a crook's gun into a cucumber, and stays intangible as they shoot him. I have more instances of using intangibility and transmutation in combination if you're not convinced, but this should be enough.

I've seen Doctor light being used multiple times on this site as an indication of beings have faster than light reaction speeds because they either dodge or block his light speed attack. This isn't correct. It is true that he can fire blasts of light which move obviously at the speed of light, but his bodily speed isn't on that level. When Doctor Light turned and was ready to blast Firestorm that speed was well below light speed, it's once his attack leaves him that it's light speed as the light is by itself. It's a common misconception when using Doctor Light's attacks as a speed feat. Firestorm does not have faster than light reaction speeds while weakened, let alone when he's healthy. His best bet at avoiding Nova is intangibility, and even with that he'll have to eventually come out.

Doctor Light did not "turn". He was already in attacking position, as shown in the panel above. The feat makes him FTL in reaction speeds, and this was when he was weakened.

Firestorm doesn't have to "come out" of intangibility. He can keep attacking Nova while Rider can't affect him.

As I've shown in an above post, Firestorm doesn't have faster than light reaction speeds because he supposedly reacted to Doctor Light's light blast. Doctor Light's blast are faster than light, not himself. Meaning Firestorm would just have to put up his shield as soon as Arthur fired. There is the fact that he had his shields up already because he was blocking Killer Frosts his attack before with one hand. All he did was put an extra hand up because it was probably too much for him to handle with one. In the end all he really did was block Arthur's attack with a shield that was already up, at most he did was turn his body a bit clockwise.

He does, because Light was already in position to attack. And besides, he's tagged Kid Flash in the past.

No Caption Provided

And this is Firestorm when he just received his powers too - he had little to no experience using them. In addition, this is New 52 Firestorm, significantly weaker than his Pre-52 counterpart.

> Teleportation

As I've shown, Nova can make gravitational bubbles which can contain beings in them. I'm not sure whether Firestorm could teleport within one of them, so I said that. There is also the fact that he can trap Firestorm in a gravity field and increase it's intensity to 20x normal. I think it would be rather difficult to telport in those conditions, don't you?

Whether Firestorm teleports by moving his body one place to the other, by opening portals, or if he can even teleport out of the gravity field, he'll still have trouble doing it. Nova will have time to make a strategy, prepare, or attack while he's in it.

No, I don't, and there are no feats to say that increased gravity hinders teleportation.

> Blast Power

It is indeed doing just that, but I would like to note that Nova Prime has more power than Killer Frost and Doctor Light together. He's pretty easily blasted around the Revengers (Cancerverses version of the Avengers) who are extremely powerful. As I said in an earlier post, the Cancervese beings are just as powerful as their counterparts if not more powerful. As you can see Revengers Thor is among them.

So? Killer Frost has "blasted around" Wonder Woman, and Dr. Light has done the same to Superman, beings comparable to Thor in durability.

When has Firestorm ever absorbed anything while he was intangible, that's probably the first of ever hearing a character who could do just that. Can I see a scan of that? Though even if it was true, you know how much power Nova has? He has the entire Nova Force. I don't think Firestorm could simply absorb that all out of him.

Why would he need to be tangible to absorb the energy? That makes no sense.

Each and every one of Firestorm's abilities comes from matter manipulation. He goes intangible by reducing the density of his own molecules. He blasts by expelling energy out of his hands. He uses size shifting by enlarging his molecules. So logically, if he could transmute himself to intangibility, he could use all of his other powers while intangible.

And if he couldn't absorb it while tangible, he could simply transmute the attacks into something harmless.

No Caption Provided

Here he transmutes Blue Devil's energy attack into the road, meaning he could do the same to Nova's blasts.

The difference between Orion and Nova Prime is Rider often utilizes his speed meaning he could easily evade that happening to him oppose to Orion. There is also the fact that he can fire omni-directional gravitational pulses to destroy that titanium block and release him.

Keep in mind those were all other Nova Corpsman. Though not nearly as powerful as him, they were still Nova's.

Hm, he might be able to do this. But what if Firestorm were to transmute Nova directly? As in turn him into cement or water? Does Nova have any defense for that?

I think i'm going to need some scans to show he can do it out of thin air. I thought Firestorm's whole thing was transmuting one thing into another. Doesn't he actually need material to work with?

No. Anything that he has seen, he can transmute. He has also made air in space (essentially, out of nothing), so he doesn't need a material to work with.

Even if he did, making Promethium out of thin air doesn't seem likely as he's never done that before. Even titanium, as in that scan he used the metal Orion was holding up to transmute into the metal box around him.

Before the fight, Firestorm transmuted the arch into lead instead of stone, because Orion was about to throw it at him. He did no such thing, and he's transmuted things out of thin air in the past when the material was not readily available.

Summary

Honestly at this point I don't even feel the need to bring up Firestorm's other abilities - transmutation and blasts counter everything.

He can transmute Nova's blasts into bubbles.

He can blast Nova until he dies - and he tagged Kid Flash, so I think it's fair to say he should be able to tag Nova.

Thus, Firestorm wins.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

T4V

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Round 3

No Caption Provided

Counters

Here's the thing about the speed advantage: Nova almost never blitzes with his full speed straight away, and he has been tagged my much slower beings than Firestorm.

If your significantly faster than your opponent, you wouldn't need to utilize all of your speed to blitz them. The Flash is much faster than almost everyone he faces, yet he doesn't need to go full speed to blitz them. Not to mention being tagged by slower beings doesn't make him look any less faster as he's still done it. If Rider is serious he's going to blitz Firestorm and there won't be much Firestorm can do against it. He lacks the physicality to actually do much back and he won't be capable of using his intangibility and such before get slapped around.

For example, in Nova, volume 4, issue 3, Nova was tagged by Venom, Radioactive Man, and Penance. Those are three characters that probably aren't even faster than bullets, and yet they all got hits on Nova.

He's also been capable of easily dodging Venom before too.

No Caption Provided

We all know that he operates on levels highly above those guys, so let's not try to say he's not consistently above them.

9 issues in the same series later, he was tagged by a Technarch, something that has no speed feats whatsoever.

Well if you look at how big a Technarch can be, it's not any less impressive that it Rider. It's quite big meaning it would be harder to dodge a strike coming from it. Here is a scan for the voters when they see how big a Technarch is and how being struck by one isn't too bad.

No Caption Provided

I can post other instances of him being tagged by lesser beings all day. And before you accuse me of lowballing, I am simply pointing out that Rider does not consistently utilize his great speed in combat. I highly doubt that in character, he would go superluminal or above. In the blitz scenario, that's what he'd need to do.

In a way you are kind of low-balling, I mean yes he can be tagged I've stated that. Even a Flash can be tagged, but it's just that they can dodge most of the attacks sent at them. Showing scans of Rider doesn't really take away from his insane speed as when he wishes to, it's quite hard to land a blow on him as he can quite literally evade it without too much trouble. The scans of the beings who've tagged him fought Richard when he wasn't too serious. Richard will fight Firestorm seriously as his power is very high, and regardless of what you rank his speed it's still much above Firestorm's. Rider is going to land more attacks than Firestorm can evade or counter. By the way I can easily show scans of Firestorm being tagged by a lot slower too, but I won't do that.

1. It did phase him, meaning that it did do something... no, it didn't knock him out but the punches still hurt him.

Just because something phases someone, doesn't mean it did any damage. He punched Kalibak multiple times, and at most all he did was get the New God's attention. It's not like it's anything bad, Firestorm isn't know for his physical strength anyways. The attack didn't nothing other than sway Kalibak's body around. It reminds me of when Carol Danvers punched Doc Green recently in Avengers, she' punched him around yet it did literally nothing. Same concept here.

2. Here you go:

Firestorm remains conscious after this, and later defeats him. His durability ostensibly eclipses Orion's by this feat.

Don't tell me you actually believe such a thing. Firestorm is in no way more durable than Orion, nor has he even been. Orion has always been shown to have durability on the level of Superman, sometimes above, yet you wish to disclaim all of that because Firestorm took more punches than Orion did from an amped Kalibak? For starters, I'm pretty sure that Kalibak struck Orion much harder than he did Firestorm there because he knows his capabilities and durability and the fact that he's a bigger threat. It's even more clear that Firestorm is capable of taking multiple blows and not falling which would mean he could take a shot which one-shotted Orion. That doesn't sound right in any way, and I think you know it too. Also one-showing isn't enough to showcase Firestorm's superiorty in durability to Orion, not that is.

Can I get some of those showings, because i'm hearing you say he can react to most of Nova Prime's attacks, yet there hasn't been evidence.

I don't see how you can use Human Torch's feats with the Control Rod for Blastaar's. Show me Blaastar's own feats and then we can talk.

Wait, what? When did I do that? I showed Human Torch'es feats with it to give you an idea of the capabilities of the Rod, not to say it's levels apply to everyone who wields it. Blaastar wasn't as powerful with it as Johnny was, but he was still really powerful. He was capable of taking blasts from two Nova corpsmen without moving an inch, than quite easily one-shotting them with a single energy blasts. Something he wouldn't be capable of doing so easily without it.

No Caption Provided

As you can see, the blast that was capable of knocking down the Nova Corpsmen was easily blocked by Rider with a force-field. I think that should suffice.

Firestorm has planet-busting power in his blasts; it's going to be extremely tough to keep the shields up if he decides to go that route (which he probably won't).

Firestorm does not have planetary destruction level blasts, and it's not like he ever has. I never got why people think destruction capablities for a blasts shows how powerful it is. I can have the most powerful blasts which just vaporizes Thanos and you can have one that destroys a planet, and mine would still be more powerful. The destruction from an attack shouldn't matter much unless it's physical in my opinion.

"A comet that came within six hours of wiping of wiping out the planet". This indicates that Elemental Firestorm is capable of wiping out planets with his blasts. We know that the comet refers to Firestorm because on the very next page, the light dissipates and it turns out to be Firestorm.

All I see is a white light getting bigger which each panel. Nothing shows a planet getting destroyed, so no this doesn't prove much.

I would believe force-fields easily tanking a blast from a Cosmic Control Rod Blastaar would be enough, but here is something more impressive. Rider has produced a force-field which protected him from Galactus's blast which spread out across the solar system and took out the Annihilation Wave in almost everything else. Yes I said a solar system. Yet, Rider's force-field tanked it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even if Firestorm had planetary energy blasts, this is beyond even his limits. I'm not saying he can't get pass prime's shielding, because he can, but it will cause him much trouble.

He may be able to reach Firestorm before he teleports, but will he? In character, Rider isn't going to bullrush Firestorm with all he's got. Especially when Firestorm has FTL reflexes.

Better yet, does Firestorm even teleport in combat, or is it simply a means of transportation. In all honesty, Rider bull-rushing is much more consistent than Firestorm teleporting. He literally bull-rushes in every other fight, how is it not in-character? He's bull-rushed Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Venom, Moonstone, Darkhawk, Thanos, and much more. It's in-character. Nova Prime is much faster than Firestorm, especially it's not lookin good on your part as you haven't shown anything otherwise. Where's your speed feats at? Most notably Firestorms acclaimed faster than light reflexes?

Firestorm first phases through a window while simultaneously turning a crook's gun into a cucumber, and stays intangible as they shoot him. I have more instances of using intangibility and transmutation in combination if you're not convinced, but this should be enough.

You know he didn't do those at the same time, the scan even shows that he's doing one after the next. He's not transmuting while intangible. He phased through the window than transmuted the gun. They shot after him, in-which he turned intangible. In all honestly, instead of using that incorrect context, you could have used that as a speed feat. Firestorm turning intangible before bullets strike him.

Doctor Light did not "turn". He was already in attacking position, as shown in the panel above. The feat makes him FTL in reaction speeds, and this was when he was weakened.

C'mon, Firestorm already had his shield up, it's not like he activated it. It's nothing special as all he did was react to Arthur before he could fire the blast. He was in attacking postion, but he didn't have his energy up or anything. Firestorm just literally turned slightly in his direction. Not close to light speed reaction speeds. People love to throw out light speeds like it's nothing. Whether he is weakened or not, he doesn't have faster than light reaction speeds.

Firestorm doesn't have to "come out" of intangibility. He can keep attacking Nova while Rider can't affect him.

You stated this, attempted to show it, yet it's untrue and hasn't been properly shown by you, so no he cannot. He's going to get struck by Prime.

He does, because Light was already in position to attack. And besides, he's tagged Kid Flash in the past.

That first sentence doesn't mean anything, just because he was in position doesn't mean he was any quicker on the draw. It's his attack that's faster than light, not Arthur himself. By the way the scan shows Kid Flash sending multiple strikes at Firestorm in-which it apparently shows he couldn't react to them. He had to take multiple blows to land one. By the way, Kid Flash isn't faster than light in the New 52 yet, while Richard has been before even receiving the Nova Force.

No, I don't, and there are no feats to say that increased gravity hinders teleportation.

Alright.

So? Killer Frost has "blasted around" Wonder Woman, and Dr. Light has done the same to Superman, beings comparable to Thor in durability.

Nova Prime's durability is different from those guys when being compared to tanking energy blasts. (Other than Thor). Superman and Wonder Woman are more durable on the physical side, and they never were hurt majorly by them.

My mistake, but Rider can quite easily do the same.

Each and every one of Firestorm's abilities comes from matter manipulation. He goes intangible by reducing the density of his own molecules. He blasts by expelling energy out of his hands. He uses size shifting by enlarging his molecules. So logically, if he could transmute himself to intangibility, he could use all of his other powers while intangible.

That doesn't make sense, just because all of his abilities come from one, doesn't mean he can use them all at once. It hasn't been shown, which means he obviously can't do it then. If you show me he can than I can think otherwise, but as of now I don't think so.

And if he couldn't absorb it while tangible, he could simply transmute the attacks into something harmless.

The only thing Prime couldn't replicate, but Rider could do something Firestorm can't, and that's open Stargates. He can simply just open up a Stargate to let Firestorm's energy past through, and than send it somewhere else in the galaxy.

No Caption Provided

Here he transmutes Blue Devil's energy attack into the road, meaning he could do the same to Nova's blasts.

Impressive.

Hm, he might be able to do this. But what if Firestorm were to transmute Nova directly? As in turn him into cement or water? Does Nova have any defense for that?

This isn't Deathstorm, and he's the only one who can transmute organic matter. Even if he could, I'm pretty sure the Nova Force would protect him from such a dreadful assault.

No. Anything that he has seen, he can transmute. He has also made air in space (essentially, out of nothing), so he doesn't need a material to work with.

I wouldn't say anything, but I see what you mean.

Before the fight, Firestorm transmuted the arch into lead instead of stone, because Orion was about to throw it at him. He did no such thing, and he's transmuted things out of thin air in the past when the material was not readily available.

I still don't see a strategy like that working on Rider as he can get through whatever Firestorm tries to transmute around him by opening a Stargate.

No Caption Provided

Honestly at this point I don't even feel the need to bring up Firestorm's other abilities - transmutation and blasts counter everything.

I feel like you should because most of your things won't be enough because of Prime's shielding, and speed.

That's if he can react to Rider who is fast enough to speed around Lord Marvel. Lord Marvel has faster than light travel speed from what I remember, so his reaction speeds should be quite up there too.

No Caption Provided

He can blast Nova until he dies - and he tagged Kid Flash, so I think it's fair to say he should be able to tag Nova.

That's if he tags him or gets pass Rider's shielding, and his durability which would keep him alive for a while. Also I've stated and shown that Nova Prime is faster than Firestorm and New 52 Kid Flash.

Thus, Firestorm wins.

Nope.

Your turn.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 3

No Caption Provided

Counters

If your significantly faster than your opponent, you wouldn't need to utilize all of your speed to blitz them. The Flash is much faster than almost everyone he faces, yet he doesn't need to go full speed to blitz them. Not to mention being tagged by slower beings doesn't make him look any less faster as he's still done it. If Rider is serious he's going to blitz Firestorm and there won't be much Firestorm can do against it. He lacks the physicality to actually do much back and he won't be capable of using his intangibility and such before get slapped around.

I own Nova Volume 4, where Richard was Nova Prime for a time, and I NEVER saw him blitz anyone in character. He only did it to the Phalanx scouts because he was trying to save the Kree homeworld Hala, and he was tagged by much lesser beings such as Venom, Penance, and a Technarch as I've already shown.

Unless you show him blitzing in a RANDOM ENCOUNTER, he's not going to blitz. In addition, I don't think you've shown combat speeds for Rider, only travel speed.

And by the way, Firestorm can use zeta radiation to travel even faster than Nova.

No Caption Provided

They went from Rann (which is multiple light years away) to Earth in an instant.

He's also been capable of easily dodging Venom before too.

We all know that he operates on levels highly above those guys, so let's not try to say he's not consistently above them.

I know he's faster than Venom. I was demonstrating the point that he does not utilize his great speed in combat except in special scenarios, while this is a random encounter.

Well if you look at how big a Technarch can be, it's not any less impressive that it Rider. It's quite big meaning it would be harder to dodge a strike coming from it. Here is a scan for the voters when they see how big a Technarch is and how being struck by one isn't too bad.

It doesn't matter how big they are. If they have no speed feats, then being tagged by one is downright shameful.

And besides, Firestorm can grow in size as well.

No Caption Provided

In a way you are kind of low-balling, I mean yes he can be tagged I've stated that. Even a Flash can be tagged, but it's just that they can dodge most of the attacks sent at them. Showing scans of Rider doesn't really take away from his insane speed as when he wishes to, it's quite hard to land a blow on him as he can quite literally evade it without too much trouble. The scans of the beings who've tagged him fought Richard when he wasn't too serious. Richard will fight Firestorm seriously as his power is very high, and regardless of what you rank his speed it's still much above Firestorm's. Rider is going to land more attacks than Firestorm can evade or counter. By the way I can easily show scans of Firestorm being tagged by a lot slower too, but I won't do that.

Look brother, the fact remains that

1. Nova Prime has been tagged by beings MUCH faster than Firestorm
  2. Firestorm reacted to a lightspeed attack
  3. You've yet to show Rider using an attack that exceeds or even comes close to that speed in the beginning of a fight.

I believe that the speed advantage has been mitigated.

Just because something phases someone, doesn't mean it did any damage. He punched Kalibak multiple times, and at most all he did was get the New God's attention. It's not like it's anything bad, Firestorm isn't know for his physical strength anyways. The attack didn't nothing other than sway Kalibak's body around. It reminds me of when Carol Danvers punched Doc Green recently in Avengers, she' punched him around yet it did literally nothing. Same concept here.

In the first panel Kalibak grunted in pain. That's all I have to say.

2. Here you go:

Don't tell me you actually believe such a thing. Firestorm is in no way more durable than Orion, nor has he even been. Orion has always been shown to have durability on the level of Superman, sometimes above, yet you wish to disclaim all of that because Firestorm took more punches than Orion did from an amped Kalibak? For starters, I'm pretty sure that Kalibak struck Orion much harder than he did Firestorm there because he knows his capabilities and durability and the fact that he's a bigger threat. It's even more clear that Firestorm is capable of taking multiple blows and not falling which would mean he could take a shot which one-shotted Orion. That doesn't sound right in any way, and I think you know it too. Also one-showing isn't enough to showcase Firestorm's superiorty in durability to Orion, not that is.

Oh, you want more showings? Why didn't you ask?

Firestorm tanked a blast that oneshotted Captain Atom, the blasts of Rannian space armada, and a blow from Helix, who is literally a walking nuclear reactor (this is the N52 version so that explains why they took so long to get up).

Can I get some of those showings, because i'm hearing you say he can react to most of Nova Prime's attacks, yet there hasn't been evidence.

It seems you have forgotten about the lightspeed attack.

Wait, what? When did I do that? I showed Human Torch'es feats with it to give you an idea of the capabilities of the Rod, not to say it's levels apply to everyone who wields it. Blaastar wasn't as powerful with it as Johnny was, but he was still really powerful. He was capable of taking blasts from two Nova corpsmen without moving an inch, than quite easily one-shotting them with a single energy blasts. Something he wouldn't be capable of doing so easily without it.

As you can see, the blast that was capable of knocking down the Nova Corpsmen was easily blocked by Rider with a force-field. I think that should suffice.

Dude, all this really shows is that Nova Prime's forcefields are stronger than the average Nova Corpsman. This is common knowledge and means nothing.

Firestorm does not have planetary destruction level blasts, and it's not like he ever has. I never got why people think destruction capablities for a blasts shows how powerful it is. I can have the most powerful blasts which just vaporizes Thanos and you can have one that destroys a planet, and mine would still be more powerful. The destruction from an attack shouldn't matter much unless it's physical in my opinion.

All I see is a white light getting bigger which each panel. Nothing shows a planet getting destroyed, so no this doesn't prove much.

If you read the scan, you'd see that it says that "the comet came within six hours of WIPING OUT THE PLANET". And the comet referred to Elemental Firestorm, who was shown on the next page.

I would believe force-fields easily tanking a blast from a Cosmic Control Rod Blastaar would be enough, but here is something more impressive. Rider has produced a force-field which protected him from Galactus's blast which spread out across the solar system and took out the Annihilation Wave in almost everything else. Yes I said a solar system. Yet, Rider's force-field tanked it.

Even if Firestorm had planetary energy blasts, this is beyond even his limits. I'm not saying he can't get pass prime's shielding, because he can, but it will cause him much trouble.

So you're saying that Rider's forcefield tanked a solar system busting blast? And you accuse me of highballing?

Also, by the looks of that scan Firestorm was in teh Negative Zone, which IIRC was not affected by Galactus's blast.

Better yet, does Firestorm even teleport in combat, or is it simply a means of transportation. In all honesty, Rider bull-rushing is much more consistent than Firestorm teleporting. He literally bull-rushes in every other fight, how is it not in-character? He's bull-rushed Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Venom, Moonstone, Darkhawk, Thanos, and much more. It's in-character. Nova Prime is much faster than Firestorm, especially it's not lookin good on your part as you haven't shown anything otherwise. Where's your speed feats at? Most notably Firestorms acclaimed faster than light reflexes?

Firestorm does teleport in character if he needs to but honestly the shields just negate any of your attacks. He did it against the Royal Flush Gang.

Scans of the bull-rushing please? And you're saying that he'll blitz AS SOON AS THE FIGHT STARTS, which he did NOT do against Venom or Moonstone. I'm not sure about the others but Silver Surfer, Gladiator, and Thanos aren't random encounters either.

You know he didn't do those at the same time, the scan even shows that he's doing one after the next. He's not transmuting while intangible. He phased through the window than transmuted the gun. They shot after him, in-which he turned intangible. In all honestly, instead of using that incorrect context, you could have used that as a speed feat. Firestorm turning intangible before bullets strike him.

Dude, there's absolutely no reason that he wouldn't be able to do both at the same time. I already explained that he's literally transmuting his own molecules, and you think that he can't transmute two things at once?

But fine, if you want to play that game, then Nova will eventually have to rest while Firestorm can stay intangible forever, after which Firestorm will defeat him.

C'mon, Firestorm already had his shield up, it's not like he activated it. It's nothing special as all he did was react to Arthur before he could fire the blast. He was in attacking postion, but he didn't have his energy up or anything. Firestorm just literally turned slightly in his direction. Not close to light speed reaction speeds. People love to throw out light speeds like it's nothing. Whether he is weakened or not, he doesn't have faster than light reaction speeds.

He expanded the shield's range. And besides, I have another nice little feat that's going to demolish any non-physical claims you have. I'll get to it at the end of the post.

He was WEAKENED, and then Doctor Light fired, and then he put his hand up to expand the shield and block it. How does he not have lightspeed reaction speeds?

That first sentence doesn't mean anything, just because he was in position doesn't mean he was any quicker on the draw. It's his attack that's faster than light, not Arthur himself. By the way the scan shows Kid Flash sending multiple strikes at Firestorm in-which it apparently shows he couldn't react to them. He had to take multiple blows to land one. By the way, Kid Flash isn't faster than light in the New 52 yet, while Richard has been before even receiving the Nova Force.

New 52 FS is significantly less powerful than Pre-52, and he still tagged KF.

Alright.

Good, glad that we could agree on this.

Nova Prime's durability is different from those guys when being compared to tanking energy blasts. (Other than Thor). Superman and Wonder Woman are more durable on the physical side, and they never were hurt majorly by them.

Yes it did hurt them "majorly". Superman tanked Brainiac 13's planet busting explosion by the way. Just putting that out there.

No Caption Provided

Light's blasts DID hurt Superman. If you want the scans I can get them.

My mistake, but Rider can quite easily do the same.

So?

That doesn't make sense, just because all of his abilities come from one, doesn't mean he can use them all at once. It hasn't been shown, which means he obviously can't do it then. If you show me he can than I can think otherwise, but as of now I don't think so.

Yes, it does. All he's really doing is transmuting multiple targets.

The only thing Prime couldn't replicate, but Rider could do something Firestorm can't, and that's open Stargates. He can simply just open up a Stargate to let Firestorm's energy past through, and than send it somewhere else in the galaxy.

What? I said that Firestorm would transmute the attacks, and you're redirecting the attack? That makes no sense, sorry.

Impressive.

This isn't Deathstorm, and he's the only one who can transmute organic matter. Even if he could, I'm pretty sure the Nova Force would protect him from such a dreadful assault.

Common misconception.

No Caption Provided

Here Firestorm transmutes some enemies into water.

I wouldn't say anything, but I see what you mean.

I still don't see a strategy like that working on Rider as he can get through whatever Firestorm tries to transmute around him by opening a Stargate.

Okay, but what if Firestorm were to transmute Rider himself? He can't open a stargate into that.

I feel like you should because most of your things won't be enough because of Prime's shielding, and speed.

All right then, let's do it. But remember that you asked for it.

That's if he can react to Rider who is fast enough to speed around Lord Marvel. Lord Marvel has faster than light travel speed from what I remember, so his reaction speeds should be quite up there too.

Travel speed =/= reaction speed. Firestorm has travelled to the sun in less than a minute which is 8x the speed of light, but he hasn't reacted at that speed.

That's if he tags him or gets pass Rider's shielding, and his durability which would keep him alive for a while. Also I've stated and shown that Nova Prime is faster than Firestorm and New 52 Kid Flash.

Look, your speed doesn't matter if I can get my shielding up or go intangible. And you have NOT shown Rider blitzing someone with supraluminal speed in a RANDOM ENCOUNTER, so he's not going to blitz here.

Thus, Firestorm wins.

Nope.

Your turn.

Yup. He wins, pretty easily too.

New Abilities // Feats

Now for the feat that will destroy my opponent's case completely.

Firestorm was able to think a sentence after Darkseid's Omega Beams were fired, and was able to redirect them.

This is a HUGE feat, and one that I was saving for the latter end of the debate. It shows that Firestorm is capable of manipulating ANY energy that Nova throws at him, considering that the Omega Force is much, much more powerful.

In addition, the Omega Effect has tagged Superman, multiple times in fact.

And Firestorm was able to not only react to, but THINK AN ENTIRE SENTENCE BEFORE the Omega Beam came close to him. He then redirected the blast.

Essentially, this narrows my opponent's case down to beating Firestorm up physically. I believe I've provided sufficient evidence to say that it wouldn't work with the Kalibak feat and intangibility, but let's remove ANY doubt you might have with two simple powers.

1. Instant Healing

No Caption Provided

Elemental Firestorm has the ability to heal himself at will. There was a freaking hole in his chest, and he healed it with absolutely no effort.

So even if FS's durability is bypassed, his healing factor will give him excellent endurance for the fight with Rider.

So now that energy attacks are out of the way because of the Omega Beam feat and Firestorm's ability to absorb energy, let's just recap what exactly Nova Prime would have to go through.

1. Firestorm's shields (which took blasts from Dr. Light and Killer Frost)
  2. Firestorm's durability (which took multiple hits from an amped Kalibak that oneshotted Orion)
  3. Firestorm's healing factor (which allowed him to instantly recover from a gaping hole in his chest)

I don't see that happening before Nova gets blasted, transmuted, or....

2. BFR into the Matrix

No Caption Provided

Before I describe the feat shown above, allow me to divulge into a short digression on the nature of Firestorm's powers. Don't worry, it relates to the feat.

Firestorm gets his powers from something entitled the "Firestorm Matrix". It's where he gets his transmutation powers and stemming from transmutation, his various other abilities. It's sort of like an alternate dimension that Firestorm draws energy from.

Firestorm can effectively trap opponents into the Matrix for an easy victory. There, he is essentially a deity, and he can do whatever he wants to Nova. There's absolutely nothing Nova can do with brute force, because in Forever Evil, Martian Manhunter and Stargirl - two 100 tonners on their own - were unable to break out.

So what Firestorm can do is trap Nova in the Matrix with no means of escaping, thus incapacitating him.

Summary

Defensive

1. Nova doesn't blitz in character at speeds faster than Firestorm can react
  2. Any energy attacks are rendered useless because Firestorm can redirect energy
  3. To beat him physically, you'd have to bypass his shields, durability, AND healing.

Offensive

1. Nova has no counter to transmutation
  2. BFR into the Matrix is a quick and easy method of victory
  3. Firestorm can probably blast him anyway.

Overall, FS is way too versatile for Nova to handle. And the best part is that Firestorm STILL has numerous feats and powers that I haven't gotten into yet.

Whew, that should do it... you're up mate. @heirtothekingdom: can we have the next round be the last?

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@thenewbluebeetle007:

Round 4

No Caption Provided

I own Nova Volume 4, where Richard was Nova Prime for a time, and I NEVER saw him blitz anyone in character. He only did it to the Phalanx scouts because he was trying to save the Kree homeworld Hala, and he was tagged by much lesser beings such as Venom, Penance, and a Technarch as I've already shown.

Just because he hasn't blitzed anyone at light-speeds or such doesn't mean it's not a blitz, i'm not sure on what your getting on. Rider has always flown into beings at fast speeds as a form of an attack, I don't see why you who reads his stories doesn't see that. You've sited times when he's been tagged by slower beings, but that doesn't mean anything as I can easily do the same, though I won't because it results to nothing. When Rider doesn't want to be tagged, he won't as shown in his fight with Drax.

Unless you show him blitzing in a RANDOM ENCOUNTER, he's not going to blitz. In addition, I don't think you've shown combat speeds for Rider, only travel speed.

Thor has blitzed in a random encounter. Here he blitzes the Cancerverse's version of the Avengers (Revengers) Thor quite easily, and he knew nothing about him other than what he knew of the past Thor likely.

Also I've shown Rider's combat speed already when I displayed the feat of him fighting the Revengers, but here it is again. Here he's continuously fighting most of the Revengers alone, by jumping from one to another, and countering their attacks with his one.

And by the way, Firestorm can use zeta radiation to travel even faster than Nova.

That's not something Firestorm uses during combat though. It's more of a means to travel quickly from a location.

They went from Rann (which is multiple light years away) to Earth in an instant.

That's impressive though.

I know he's faster than Venom. I was demonstrating the point that he does not utilize his great speed in combat except in special scenarios, while this is a random encounter.

That's not fair to say as Firestorm hasn't shown any amazing reaction or combat feats against random beings he doesn't know. All of the ones you've shown or recurring enemies, or one's he's had Intel on.

It doesn't matter how big they are. If they have no speed feats, then being tagged by one is downright shameful.

I don't see why we have to go the low-balling route, I can easily show Firestorm being tagged by less, but that's not the kind of debator I am. Like seriously, how many times has Gorilla Grodd tagged Flash? How many times has Lex Luthor tagged Superman? Yet, no one downplays there speed from being tagged by much slower beings. That's one showing, he's not going to speed his way away from every opponent or else he would never be hit.

Just makes him an easier target to be honest.

1. Nova Prime has been tagged by beings MUCH faster than Firestorm
  3. You've yet to show Rider using an attack that exceeds or even comes close to that speed in the beginning of a fight.

1. Firestorm has also been tagged by much slower than Nova Prime. I mean Firestorm is so fast in your eyes, yet he was easily tagged by Kalibak in the same scans you presented earlier.
  2. Doesn't mean he's always going to operate at those speeds, he's also been tagged by far less. See this is quite some hypocrisy to be honest.
  3. You have yet to show me Firestorm reacting to an attack at light speeds or anything near. Him having his shields up while Doctor Light attacks doesn't count.

I believe the speed advantage stands as it is.

He didn't really seem all to effect though, whether Firestorm's attack hurt Kalibak or not, it was completely little regardless.

Firestorm tanked a blast that oneshotted Captain Atom, the blasts of Rannian space armada, and a blow from Helix, who is literally a walking nuclear reactor (this is the N52 version so that explains why they took so long to get up).

1. Captain Atom is not one-shotted, he's down on one hand. Also I can't see the rest to see if Firestorm is damaged badly.
  2. Nova Prime has tanked similar.
  3. A nuclear reactor is less powerful than what Rider can produce

Here is more impressive durability from Rider.

Rider has tanked two blasts from Magus, and one from the Cancerverses version of Quasar (the evil Quasar should be around Firestorm's level and Magus would be above). He tanked it, and didn't looked too damaged afterwards.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He's been in Galactus's energy reservoirs for his ships, which have the stored energy of absorbed planets. His suit even displays it can repair itself.

No Caption Provided

Richard has even been inside a neutron star, and was capable of surviving long enough to open a wormhole to get him out of there.

No Caption Provided

All better feats better than the ones displayed by you.

It seems you have forgotten about the light-speed attack.

He doesn't have light-speed attacks.

Dude, all this really shows is that Nova Prime's forcefields are stronger than the average Nova Corpsman. This is common knowledge and means nothing.

No it doesn't, it shows he can take attacks from a being who's wielding more power than even Firestorm himself. It shows that he can take Firestorm's blasts, and continue on fighting as he's done so with more powerful beings aka Blastaar with the Cosmic Control Rod. His shields show he can take the blasts, though it cracks at more higher potency. So even if Firestorm breaks through the shield, than Rider's durability will suffice enough.

If you read the scan, you'd see that it says that "the comet came within six hours of WIPING OUT THE PLANET". And the comet referred to Elemental Firestorm, who was shown on the next page.

Even if it's true, I can't even see how big the planet is. it doesn't show the planet's size in the scan as you cannot get a proper glimpse of it.

So you're saying that Rider's forcefield tanked a solar system busting blast? And you accuse me of highballing?

It's not high-balling at all, the blast kind of went in a large wave, so all the energy wasn't focused in one spot. Had it been, Rider would have most certainly have died from such an attack, but since it was spread out, he was capable of shielding from it.

Also, by the looks of that scan Firestorm was in teh Negative Zone, which IIRC was not affected by Galactus's blast.

I think you mean Nova Prime, and he was in the exact same place as Galactus was or else he wouldn't have needed to shield from the blast.

Firestorm does teleport in character if he needs to but honestly the shields just negate any of your attacks. He did it against the Royal Flush Gang.

.Why not show me a scan, or elaborate more on it so I know more of what your speaking about, because from what I've seen Firestorm rarely teleports in battle. One encounter cannot show that he'll do it from now on. Though as I've shown Rider is fast enough to attack from all angles as shown in his fight with Lord Marvel. Can Firestorm shield from all sides?

No Caption Provided

Scans of the bull-rushing please? And you're saying that he'll blitz AS SOON AS THE FIGHT STARTS, which he did NOT do against Venom or Moonstone. I'm not sure about the others but Silver Surfer, Gladiator, and Thanos aren't random encounters either

Obviously not right at the beginning, but as the battle progresses you'll be sure to see that he would do such a thing.

Dude, there's absolutely no reason that he wouldn't be able to do both at the same time. I already explained that he's literally transmuting his own molecules, and you think that he can't transmute two things at once?

Just because he can transmute his own molecules, doesn't mean he can do to of those things at once. If the writers haven't shown it, that's a clear enough indication that he's not capable of doing such a thing or else he would have already.

But fine, if you want to play that game, then Nova will eventually have to rest while Firestorm can stay intangible forever, after which Firestorm will defeat him.

Though Firestorm has never done such a tactic, so why would he now. Doesn't make any sense.

He expanded the shield's range. And besides, I have another nice little feat that's going to demolish any non-physical claims you have. I'll get to it at the end of the post.

That makes it even less impressive. He see's Doctor Light getting ready to fire a blast, and he expands his shields so he can block his attack. I don't see how that shows him reacting to light-speed attacks. I swear, if I go by the logic you guys pull on this Vine, everybody will have light-speed attacks.

He was WEAKENED, and then Doctor Light fired, and then he put his hand up to expand the shield and block it. How does he not have lightspeed reaction speeds?

There is nothing in that scan to show that Arthur fired before he expanded his shields, nothing. It doesn't make a difference if he was fully healthy too, because he still wouldn't have light-speed reaction feats. Your basing everything on this one feat, and it's out of context.

New 52 FS is significantly less powerful than Pre-52, and he still tagged KF

Even new 52 Kid Flash has speeds slower than Prime's travel speeds. Barry Allen in the new 52 can't even travel at light speed yet, let alone Kid Flash. All Kid Flash did was speed into him and punch him multiple times, it's not as if he pulled off some reaction speed or combat speed that Rider couldn't. If he had reacted to Pre-52 Kid Flash it would have been an exceptional counter to reacting to Rider.

Yep.

Yes it did hurt them "majorly". Superman tanked Brainiac 13's planet busting explosion by the way. Just putting that out there.

Yeah I know how durable Superman is, and it did hurt them but not to the extent your putting it out as. He's powerful, but not powerful enough to significantly hurt someone like Superman in a single blast.

I'm aware of that, but it hasn't hurt him significantly.

So?

I'm stating that Rider can absorb energy just like Firestorm can, what's wrong with that?

That doesn't make sense, as it's not what we were talking about. Firestorm hasn't shown he can go intangible and use his other abilities at the same time. As i'm saying, it's just something he has never done, so why could he all of a sudden now? He can transmute multiple targets yes, but the other things he cannot do.

What? I said that Firestorm would transmute the attacks, and you're redirecting the attack? That makes no sense, sorry.

Rider has the full Nova Force it's possible he can use it to redirect the transmutation blast right back at Firestorm. Probably wouldn't do anything, but it should repel the attack.

Are those actual humans or living beings? Seems to me they can be robots or androids or such.

Okay, but what if Firestorm were to transmute Rider himself? He can't open a stargate into that.

It's more than likely that the transmutation wouldn't affect Rider as he's in possession of the full Nova Force which should be able of protecting him from such an attack. From my knowledge he hasn't faced someone who can transmute of such a level, nor has he been transmuted so it's hard to gauge, but Firestorm hasn't transmuted someone of his level so it's in the same boat.

Sounds good.

Travel speed =/= reaction speed. Firestorm has travelled to the sun in less than a minute which is 8x the speed of light, but he hasn't reacted at that speed.

I don't know where you got that idea. Thor has been shown shown flying at speeds faster than light, yet hasn't displayed reaction speeds of that level. Nova Prime has shown faster speeds than Firestorm like flying from the earth to the sun mid-sentence which blows your feat out of the water, so I guess his travel speed/reaction speed is loads above yours. Also than you state he hasn't reacted at that speed which makes me wonder, what are you even saying here? I've displayed that Rider is faster travel speed wise, and reaction wise.

Look, your speed doesn't matter if I can get my shielding up or go intangible. And you have NOT shown Rider blitzing someone with supraluminal speed in a RANDOM ENCOUNTER, so he's not going to blitz here.

You shields can't block from every angle, and what's stopping Rider from overcoming that with a powerful blast? He's shown that when pushed to use his more powerful blasts, that he'll use it. I don't see why it wouldn't happen here to overcome Firestorm's shields. Also Firestorm can go intangible, but I doubt he'll use it after every attack against him nor will he be fast enough to do it each time before an attack. Firestorm never fights the whole fight going intangible after every attack, so don't apply it here.

Also Rider has tried blitzing Gladiator before he got the Nova Force, it was ineffective, but it's aganinst Gladiator, a Superman level being. Firestorm would have been taken away by this blitz.

No Caption Provided

Heck once he becomes more adept with his powers and more powerful, he tries it again and it's more powerful. As you can see it's different here as he actually takes Gladiator back this time which shows the difference in power from him back than and here.

No Caption Provided

Though you can still believe that he hasn't done it to someone faster than Firestorm, oh wait Gladiator is much faster than him.

Oh yeah he's done it to Adam Warlock too, so yes he will do it here for sure.

No Caption Provided

Bull-rushes evil Quasar.

No Caption Provided

There is 3 incitations, and all 3 of those guys have incredible speed, most notably evil Quasar and Gladiator who have been shown to move at speeds near or faster than light (while traveling), and show nanosecond reaction speeds.

Okay I can understand you thinking Firestorm wins, but for you to say it's easy just shows you don't know how powerful Nova Prime is. Personally I think Nova Prime wins obviously, but I don't think it will be easy. Though Firestorm isn't exactly the most durable of beings despite what you've tried to represent. He's not going to tank much of Rider's attacks. Blasts like these from Rider will surely have Firestorm on the defensive side. Even Thanos was taken aback from such a blast. Though he was taking multiple blasts from the Cosmic Cube, Star Lord wasn't utilizing it properly, and Thanos has always been shown as one of the most durable Marvel villains out there.

No Caption Provided

I think a blast that could send Thanos hurling like that, and yelling out in pain would be capable of extremely hurting Firestorm who isn't anywhere near as durable.

As for your supposed amazing feats.

Feat 1: Darkseid's Omega Beams have been dodged by so many people it's hard to take them seriously. It's gotten to the point that when it's fired upon people I mostly just expect to see how they dodge it. The only incarnation who has shown amazing speed with those beams is the New 52 version of Darkseid who has shown capable of taking Superman flying at fasts speeds, and keeping a close distance to Flash who was running at fast speeds. Even in those scans, Superman was close to Darkseid, except for in the New 52 version. For Firestorm to deflect it is impressive, but he says Orion told him about the ability beforehand, so it could be he was prepared for it. Also Rider can amplify his speed, so it's something he could do to make his movement's faster so he could attack at speeds that would make Firestorm unable to do much to defend himself.

No Caption Provided

Feat 2: Instant healing is impressive and all, but Firestorm isn't durable all that much himself, and seeing as how you're taking up a composite version you have to find a consistent durability level. He can still be taken out quickly if he doesn't avoid Rider's blasts like above, which would could knock him out. He can heal while he's unconscious, but he'll still lose the battle. He could easily fire multiple gravitational blasts at Firestorm which I don't see Firestorm's shields blocking, or at-least the one's he uses (kind of hard to block a gravitational pulse)

No Caption Provided

Feat 3: Though that's impressive and all, that's something he simply wouldn't do. That's like me saying Rider will lobotomize Firestorm like he did Ego, which he wouldn't. Even if Firestorm did take Rider there, he could easily escape by opening a Stargate to take him back to the original battlefield. Even Sam Alexander the new Nova has easily opened Stargates. Here he opens one fast enough to evade the Phoenix Force's blast.

No Caption Provided

Summary

Defensive

Nova doesn't blitz in character at speeds faster than Firestorm can react

Yes he does and i've shown evidence that he will and can. Firestorm can't do anything about it to stop it.

Any energy attacks are rendered useless because Firestorm can redirect energy

Doesn't mean he can redirect energy from all angles, which has a high potency. Rider has speed which would make it hard to counter his energy blasts.

To beat him physically, you'd have to bypass his shields, durability, AND healing.

Honestly if Rider can hurt Thanos with a blast, he should be powerful enough to get past Firestorm's durability, and healing factor. Wolverine's healing factor is better than Firestorm's yet he's been knocked out multiple times, which Rider could also do. Also Rider can easily attack from each angle or move faster than Firestorm can move his shield and blast or punch him. Rider is much stronger than Firestorm physically.

Offensive

Nova has no counter to transmutation

The Nova Force has protected from virtually everything, black holes, stars going boom, Galactus's ships energies from other worlds, suppression on an extreme level, telepathy, planetary blasts, and such. I think it's capable of stopping him from being transmuted. How is it possible to transmute someone who wields the Nova Force which would be in his body still, it would likely just prevent it. There is also the fact that Firestorm hasn't transmuted anyone near Rider's level anyways.

BFR into the Matrix is a quick and easy method of victory

He rarely does that, and this is in-character so there is a small chance of it happening. There is also the fact that Rider can open a stargate to escape there.

Firestorm can probably blast him anyway.

Rider's energy projection is above Firestorm's, not to mention he's more durable. If there were no shields up, and both were to take a powerful blast from one another, Rider would come out without too much damage, while Firestorm would be hurt a lot. Rider's taken blasts from Lord Marvel, Magus, and such and continued to fight like it wasn't much. What does Firestorm have on that?

Overall, FS is way too versatile for Nova to handle. And the best part is that Firestorm STILL has numerous feats and powers that I haven't gotten into yet.

Versality doesn't always mean victory, and seeing how that's pretty much Firestorm's only advantage, it's not likely he would win. Also you can state he has more powerful abilities you haven't gotten into yet, but i'm pretty sure Rider could do something to counter or evade almost all of them.

Conclusion

Even though Firestorm is more versatile than Rider, he lacks any other real advantage to give him the win over the most powerful Nova corpsman.

• Rider is much faster than Firestorm
  • His strength is of a significantly higher level
  • He has the Worldmind which could give him information during the battle and amplify his stats
  • He's more durable without all the shielding and blocking
  • His energy projection is of a level Firestorm isn't on par with
  • His force-fields could easily block Firestorm's blasts and more

In the end, Nova Prime would defeat Firestorm.

No Caption Provided

Your turn.

I think I am done here, and after your post we can go straight into voting if that's okay with you?

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*cracks knuckles* let's do this

Final Post

No Caption Provided

Final Rebuttals

Just because he hasn't blitzed anyone at light-speeds or such doesn't mean it's not a blitz, i'm not sure on what your getting on. Rider has always flown into beings at fast speeds as a form of an attack, I don't see why you who reads his stories doesn't see that. You've sited times when he's been tagged by slower beings, but that doesn't mean anything as I can easily do the same, though I won't because it results to nothing. When Rider doesn't want to be tagged, he won't as shown in his fight with Drax.

So am I to believe that he wanted to get blasted by Penance, smacked by the Technarch, and staggered by Venom? The point I was trying to make is that although Rider is fast, in a random encounter he won't blitz at speeds that Firestorm can't react to.

Thor has blitzed in a random encounter. Here he blitzes the Cancerverse's version of the Avengers (Revengers) Thor quite easily, and he knew nothing about him other than what he knew of the past Thor likely.

If the Revengers are as powerful as their counterparts, then he obviously thought that Thor was immensely powerful (which he is) and went all-out without holding back. In addition, 616 Thor has been tagged by Captain America and Wolverine in the past, so blitzing him just shows that you're on a level at par with or above the faster street level characters... not too fast for Firestorm at all.

Also I've shown Rider's combat speed already when I displayed the feat of him fighting the Revengers, but here it is again. Here he's continuously fighting most of the Revengers alone, by jumping from one to another, and countering their attacks with his one.

Not seeing the scans here, but I don't think any of the Revengers are as fast as the Omega Beams or Dr. Light's blast, which Firestorm reacted to.

That's not something Firestorm uses during combat though. It's more of a means to travel quickly from a location.

That's impressive though.

Yeah, just trying to show off FS's diversity while simultaneously countering you :)

That's not fair to say as Firestorm hasn't shown any amazing reaction or combat feats against random beings he doesn't know. All of the ones you've shown or recurring enemies, or one's he's had Intel on.

He didn't know about Dr. Light previously iirc. And besides, it doesn't really matter for me because you're trying to prove that Nova blitzes in character while I'm trying to prove that Firestorm is simply capable of reacting at the necessary speeds.

I don't see why we have to go the low-balling route, I can easily show Firestorm being tagged by less, but that's not the kind of debator I am. Like seriously, how many times has Gorilla Grodd tagged Flash? How many times has Lex Luthor tagged Superman? Yet, no one downplays there speed from being tagged by much slower beings. That's one showing, he's not going to speed his way away from every opponent or else he would never be hit.

Grodd generally weakens Flash with TP before tagging him. Lex only tags Superman when he has Kryptonite. That's probably why nobody downplays their speed based on these showings.

Meanwhile, there's no excuse for Nova to be tagged by fodder like the Technarchs.

Just makes him an easier target to be honest.

See above; I wasn't suggesting he use it in combat, just showing his vast powerset. People tend to underrate FS, I want to show them how powerful he is :)

1. Nova Prime has been tagged by beings MUCH slower than Firestorm

1. Firestorm has also been tagged by much slower than Nova Prime. I mean Firestorm is so fast in your eyes, yet he was easily tagged by Kalibak in the same scans you presented earlier.
  2. Doesn't mean he's always going to operate at those speeds, he's also been tagged by far less. See this is quite some hypocrisy to be honest.
  3. You have yet to show me Firestorm reacting to an attack at light speeds or anything near. Him having his shields up while Doctor Light attacks doesn't count.

1. The amp that Kalibak received allowed him to tag Orion, who also has lightspeed+ reaction times. I don't see why getting tagged by Kalibak is a low showing.

2. Prove it then. You keep saying "I can show this, I can show that," but haven't actually done it, so it doesn't matter.

3. Omega Beams? And the Dr. Light blast absolutely counts. He expanded the range of his shields to react to Dr. Light.

I believe the speed advantage stands as it is.

The raw advantage stands, but its impact on the fight has been reduced to inconsequential.

He didn't really seem all to effect though, whether Firestorm's attack hurt Kalibak or not, it was completely little regardless.

I disagree, but whatever. I see no reason for FS to go physical anyway.

1. Captain Atom is not one-shotted, he's down on one hand. Also I can't see the rest to see if Firestorm is damaged badly.
  2. Nova Prime has tanked similar.
  3. A nuclear reactor is less powerful than what Rider can produce

1. That's the very definition of one shotted: in one hit, the opponent is so winded that he's unable to continue the fight in the immediate future. Or at least, that's the definition that I use.

2. So what? We're arguing on whether or not Firestorm's showing with Kalibak was PIS or not, not Nova's durability.... I don't care about Nova's durability, I have multiple ways to put him down if the blasts won't work.

Here is more impressive durability from Rider.

Rider has tanked two blasts from Magus, and one from the Cancerverses version of Quasar (the evil Quasar should be around Firestorm's level and Magus would be above). He tanked it, and didn't looked too damaged afterwards.

He's been in Galactus's energy reservoirs for his ships, which have the stored energy of absorbed planets. His suit even displays it can repair itself.

Richard has even been inside a neutron star, and was capable of surviving long enough to open a wormhole to get him out of there.

All better feats better than the ones displayed by you.

Okay, but even with these, Firestorm can BFR Rider into the Matrix, or transmute him... while Rider literally cannot do anything to Firestorm.

It seems you have forgotten about the light-speed attack.

He doesn't have light-speed attacks.

I was referring to the showing against Dr. Light. It's interesting that you say things like "Firestorm doesn't have planetary blasts, and it's not like he ever has," when you've repeatedly shown that you have little to no knowledge of the character.

No it doesn't, it shows he can take attacks from a being who's wielding more power than even Firestorm himself. It shows that he can take Firestorm's blasts, and continue on fighting as he's done so with more powerful beings aka Blastaar with the Cosmic Control Rod. His shields show he can take the blasts, though it cracks at more higher potency. So even if Firestorm breaks through the shield, than Rider's durability will suffice enough.

I asked you for feats of Blastaar. You showed him beating some Nova Corpsmen. Ergo, Nova is more durable than a Nova Corpsman. That's the only thing you showed.

Even if it's true, I can't even see how big the planet is. it doesn't show the planet's size in the scan as you cannot get a proper glimpse of it.

Planet busting is planet busting, brother. Even the smallest planet in our solar system (Mercury) is thousands of miles wide. It's a great feat for Elemental FS.

It's not high-balling at all, the blast kind of went in a large wave, so all the energy wasn't focused in one spot. Had it been, Rider would have most certainly have died from such an attack, but since it was spread out, he was capable of shielding from it.

So, what is the significance of the feat then? It ostensibly wiped nothing out.

.Why not show me a scan, or elaborate more on it so I know more of what your speaking about, because from what I've seen Firestorm rarely teleports in battle. One encounter cannot show that he'll do it from now on. Though as I've shown Rider is fast enough to attack from all angles as shown in his fight with Lord Marvel. Can Firestorm shield from all sides?

I've never seen Firestorm do it, but considering that his shields rely on matter manipulation and he has covered more ground than his person, it would be perfectly reasonable to see that he can make a full-body shield.

Scans of the bull-rushing please? And you're saying that he'll blitz AS SOON AS THE FIGHT STARTS, which he did NOT do against Venom or Moonstone. I'm not sure about the others but Silver Surfer, Gladiator, and Thanos aren't random encounters either

Obviously not right at the beginning, but as the battle progresses you'll be sure to see that he would do such a thing.

So, enough time to get his shields up and go intangible then? How exactly are you going to beat me if this is the case? You have no way of harming FS while he's intangible, and he can redirect all energy attacks you through at him while shielding or teleporting to evade the omnidirectional ones.

Just because he can transmute his own molecules, doesn't mean he can do to of those things at once. If the writers haven't shown it, that's a clear enough indication that he's not capable of doing such a thing or else he would have already.

He hasn't done it already because there hasn't been a situation where he's needed to. Generally his transmutation by itself has been enough (which it is here as well). He's transmuted multiple people at once as I showed in Post 30, so he could certainly transmute both you and himself.

Though Firestorm has never done such a tactic, so why would he now. Doesn't make any sense.

The sentence was specifically to show that your case essentially relies on Firestorm not being able to do anything while intangible, and though I've shown he can, I'd still win if he couldn't because he would have no reason to turn tangible again.

That makes it even less impressive. He see's Doctor Light getting ready to fire a blast, and he expands his shields so he can block his attack. I don't see how that shows him reacting to light-speed attacks. I swear, if I go by the logic you guys pull on this Vine, everybody will have light-speed attacks.

Show someone without superspeed reacting to Dr. Light's attacks then. You do realize that in the same issue Dr. Light tagged Superman? Superman was at 50% but that's still multiple times the speed of light. If Firestorm could get his shield up before the guy who tagged Superman could blast him, that shows casual lightspeed reaction time.

There is nothing in that scan to show that Arthur fired before he expanded his shields, nothing. It doesn't make a difference if he was fully healthy too, because he still wouldn't have light-speed reaction feats. Your basing everything on this one feat, and it's out of context.

I'm not basing it off that one feat; I showed the Omega Beam feat, didn't I? The Omega Beams have tagged Superman and Flash has had trouble outrunning them for extended periods of time, but Firestorm was able to not only redirect them in midair but think an entire sentence before they came close to him. And this was all from about 20 feet away, too.

He can react to Nova's attacks.

New 52 FS is significantly less powerful than Pre-52, and he still tagged KF

Even new 52 Kid Flash has speeds slower than Prime's travel speeds. Barry Allen in the new 52 can't even travel at light speed yet, let alone Kid Flash. All Kid Flash did was speed into him and punch him multiple times, it's not as if he pulled off some reaction speed or combat speed that Rider couldn't. If he had reacted to Pre-52 Kid Flash it would have been an exceptional counter to reacting to Rider.

All right, even if N52 KF is incomparable to Nova, Firestorm has STILL reacted to the OB and Dr. Light's blast. He can react to Rider, especially considering that you've already admitted that Rider doesn't speedblitz incharacter.

Yep.

Yeah I know how durable Superman is, and it did hurt them but not to the extent your putting it out as. He's powerful, but not powerful enough to significantly hurt someone like Superman in a single blast.

I'm aware of that, but it hasn't hurt him significantly.

No Caption Provided

You were saying?

So?

I'm stating that Rider can absorb energy just like Firestorm can, what's wrong with that?

I meant that it has absolutely no implication on the battle at hand. Nova may be able to absorb energy, but it does not relate to the premise that we were discussing; that being that Firestorm can absorb Nova's energies.

That doesn't make sense, as it's not what we were talking about. Firestorm hasn't shown he can go intangible and use his other abilities at the same time. As i'm saying, it's just something he has never done, so why could he all of a sudden now? He can transmute multiple targets yes, but the other things he cannot do.

So let's get this straight. By your admission, he can transmute multiple targets, but despite the fact that all his powers are are transmuting multiple targets, he can't do them? In what world does that make any sort of sense in the slightest?

Rider has the full Nova Force it's possible he can use it to redirect the transmutation blast right back at Firestorm. Probably wouldn't do anything, but it should repel the attack.

That blast that Nova's firing? It's made of energy, and Firestorm can transmute that energy into, say, Oxygen to negate the attack. You want Nova to redirect that oxygen back at Firestorm? Be my guest. It won't do anything.

Are those actual humans or living beings? Seems to me they can be robots or androids or such.

if I remember correctly, they were Multiplex Clones and thus actual humans (which is why Ronnie was so angry). So the point still stands.

It's more than likely that the transmutation wouldn't affect Rider as he's in possession of the full Nova Force which should be able of protecting him from such an attack. From my knowledge he hasn't faced someone who can transmute of such a level, nor has he been transmuted so it's hard to gauge, but Firestorm hasn't transmuted someone of his level so it's in the same boat.

Firestorm transmuted the armor of the Anti-Monitor in Brightest Day 22. The best Pre - Crisis magicians were unable to transmute it in Crisis on Infinite Earths. And your transmutation resistance is pure speculation.

Sounds good.

I don't know where you got that idea. Thor has been shown shown flying at speeds faster than light, yet hasn't displayed reaction speeds of that level. Nova Prime has shown faster speeds than Firestorm like flying from the earth to the sun mid-sentence which blows your feat out of the water, so I guess his travel speed/reaction speed is loads above yours. Also than you state he hasn't reacted at that speed which makes me wonder, what are you even saying here? I've displayed that Rider is faster travel speed wise, and reaction wise.

=/= means not equal to, lol. Firestorm has never reacted at 8x the speed of light, but he has reacted at speeds that say he could react to Nova (the Omega Beam and Dr. Light feats justify this).

You shields can't block from every angle, and what's stopping Rider from overcoming that with a powerful blast? He's shown that when pushed to use his more powerful blasts, that he'll use it. I don't see why it wouldn't happen here to overcome Firestorm's shields.

They absolutely can block from every angle, and if not, Firestorm can teleport or go intangible. In addition, Firestorm would just redirect the blast like he did to the Omega Beams which are much more powerful than the Nova Force.

Also Firestorm can go intangible, but I doubt he'll use it after every attack against him nor will he be fast enough to do it each time before an attack. Firestorm never fights the whole fight going intangible after every attack, so don't apply it here.

But if Firestorm realizes that Nova can't touch him when he's intangible. I believe that Firestorm will stay intangible until Nova is disposed of to wrap up the fight quickly. Also, your first statement makes no sense. If he can do it once, why couldn't he do it "each time"? It's not like the blasts are any faster.

Also Rider has tried blitzing Gladiator before he got the Nova Force, it was ineffective, but it's aganinst Gladiator, a Superman level being. Firestorm would have been taken away by this blitz.

Pure speculation and thus inapplicable.

Heck once he becomes more adept with his powers and more powerful, he tries it again and it's more powerful. As you can see it's different here as he actually takes Gladiator back this time which shows the difference in power from him back than and here.

Though you can still believe that he hasn't done it to someone faster than Firestorm, oh wait Gladiator is much faster than him.

It wasn't successful, dude. Gladiator successfully reacted; he contorted his body in away that Rider's momentum would not send him flying. The feat is not what you're trying to sell it off as.

Okay I can understand you thinking Firestorm wins, but for you to say it's easy just shows you don't know how powerful Nova Prime is. Personally I think Nova Prime wins obviously, but I don't think it will be easy. Though Firestorm isn't exactly the most durable of beings despite what you've tried to represent. He's not going to tank much of Rider's attacks. Blasts like these from Rider will surely have Firestorm on the defensive side. Even Thanos was taken aback from such a blast. Though he was taking multiple blasts from the Cosmic Cube, Star Lord wasn't utilizing it properly, and Thanos has always been shown as one of the most durable Marvel villains out there.

That was clearly a bloodlusted Nova, and if we want to go by higher end feats, then Firestorm survived a blast from the Anti-Monitor in Brightest Day 22... the same Anti-Monitor was considered to be the most powerful out of a group that included Cyborg Superman, Sinestro, Superboy Prime, and Parallax and in a previous incarnation was a universe buster. Just putting that out there.

I think a blast that could send Thanos hurling like that, and yelling out in pain would be capable of extremely hurting Firestorm who isn't anywhere near as durable.

That blast would hurt Firestorm, but Firestorm could go intangible or teleport to evade it, or redirect it, or turn it into oxygen. The blast is never going to actually hit FS.

As for your supposed amazing feats.

Feat 1: Darkseid's Omega Beams have been dodged by so many people it's hard to take them seriously. It's gotten to the point that when it's fired upon people I mostly just expect to see how they dodge it. The only incarnation who has shown amazing speed with those beams is the New 52 version of Darkseid who has shown capable of taking Superman flying at fasts speeds, and keeping a close distance to Flash who was running at fast speeds. Even in those scans, Superman was close to Darkseid, except for in the New 52 version. For Firestorm to deflect it is impressive, but he says Orion told him about the ability beforehand, so it could be he was prepared for it.

If I stood 20 feet away from you with a gun and said, "I'm about to shoot this gun at you. Don't move until I fire," and you actually did it, would that matter in speed? Firestorm was able to THINK AN ENTIRE SENTENCE before the Omega Beam came at him. You've also failed to provide any instances of people without superspeed actually dodging the OB.

Feat 2: Instant healing is impressive and all, but Firestorm isn't durable all that much himself, and seeing as how you're taking up a composite version you have to find a consistent durability level. He can still be taken out quickly if he doesn't avoid Rider's blasts like above, which would could knock him out. He can heal while he's unconscious, but he'll still lose the battle.

Dude, I already showed him tanking a blast that put down Captain Atom and tanking punches that defeated Orion... what more durability feats do you want? You keep acting as though Firestorm is unimpressive in the physical categories just because he's a beast in the energy ones; well, he's amazing in both.

Feat 3: Though that's impressive and all, that's something he simply wouldn't do. That's like me saying Rider will lobotomize Firestorm like he did Ego, which he wouldn't. Even if Firestorm did take Rider there, he could easily escape by opening a Stargate to take him back to the original battlefield. Even Sam Alexander the new Nova has easily opened Stargates. Here he opens one fast enough to evade the Phoenix Force's blast.

So let me get this straight. You, who admitted to having no previous knowledge of FS before the battle, are telling MEwhat MY CHARACTER is or isn't going to do? I know Firestorm and you ostensibly don't. He used BFR against Luis Salvador in Firestorm Volume 3, Issue 7, and also did it to Firehawk once (can't remember the issue) in P52 and again in N52 Firestorm the Nuclear Man Volume 1, Issue 9. So I think it's fair to say that he will do it in character.

In addition, the Matrix is an alternate dimension... without dimensional travel you can't get out of there, and Nova lacks dimensional travel from what I've seen.

Summary

Defensive

Nova doesn't blitz in character at speeds faster than Firestorm can react

Yes he does and i've shown evidence that he will and can. Firestorm can't do anything about it to stop it.

Bro, let me just quote you for a second

Make up your mind.

Anyway, he reacted to Dr. Light and the Omega Beam, both of which are lightspeed+, while you've shown 0 combat feats on that level for Nova and I've shown through his fights with the Thunderbolts and the Technarch that he tends not to fully utilize his speed.

Any energy attacks are rendered useless because Firestorm can redirect energy

Doesn't mean he can redirect energy from all angles, which has a high potency. Rider has speed which would make it hard to counter his energy blasts.

Even if he couldn't (he can for reasons discussed above), he can transmute the attacks into oxygen, teleport, or go intangible. You're basing your entire argument off Rider's raw speed that he doesn't necessarily use in character.

To beat him physically, you'd have to bypass his shields, durability, AND healing.

Honestly if Rider can hurt Thanos with a blast, he should be powerful enough to get past Firestorm's durability, and healing factor. Wolverine's healing factor is better than Firestorm's yet he's been knocked out multiple times, which Rider could also do. Also Rider can easily attack from each angle or move faster than Firestorm can move his shield and blast or punch him. Rider is much stronger than Firestorm physically.

How exactly is Wolverine's healing factor better than Firestorm's? I've never seen Wolverine instantly recover from a gaping hole in his chest. You're relying a little too much on ABC logic and trying to pass off a feat of bloodlusted Nova as that of in-character Nova. That's not going to happen.

Offensive

Nova has no counter to transmutation

The Nova Force has protected from virtually everything, black holes,

Not transmutation

stars going boom,

Also not transmutation

Galactus's ships energies from other worlds

Once again not transmutation

, suppression on an extreme level,

see above

telepathy,

*yawn*

planetary blasts

not transmutation

, and such. I think it's capable of stopping him from being transmuted. How is it possible to transmute someone who wields the Nova Force which would be in his body still, it would likely just prevent it.

Once again, your argument hinges on speculation. The Nova Force has never shown transmutation resistance, so to assume that Nova possesses it would be redundant and inane.

There is also the fact that Firestorm hasn't transmuted anyone near Rider's level anyways.

Except, you know, the Anti-Monitor.

BFR into the Matrix is a quick and easy method of victory

He rarely does that, and this is in-character so there is a small chance of it happening. There is also the fact that Rider can open a stargate to escape there.

No, he's done it a fair number of times. Stargates don't span dimensions so I fail to see how he'd escape using that.

Firestorm can probably blast him anyway.

Rider's energy projection is above Firestorm's, not to mention he's more durable. If there were no shields up, and both were to take a powerful blast from one another, Rider would come out without too much damage, while Firestorm would be hurt a lot. Rider's taken blasts from Lord Marvel, Magus, and such and continued to fight like it wasn't much. What does Firestorm have on that?

He oneshotted an amped Kalibak with a blast. He is able to

Versality doesn't always mean victory, and seeing how that's pretty much Firestorm's only advantage, it's not likely he would win. Also you can state he has more powerful abilities you haven't gotten into yet, but i'm pretty sure Rider could do something to counter or evade almost all of them.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Firestorm has reacted to speeds that exceed an in-character Nova and has multiple methods of bringing about an expeditious victory.

Conclusion

Even though Firestorm is more versatile than Rider, he lacks any other real advantage to give him the win over the most powerful Nova corpsman.

• Rider is much faster than Firestorm
  • His strength is of a significantly higher level
  • He has the Worldmind which could give him information during the battle and amplify his stats
  • He's more durable without all the shielding and blocking
  • His energy projection is of a level Firestorm isn't on par with
  • His force-fields could easily block Firestorm's blasts and more

Interesting on how you left out two of Firestorm's premier abilities in your summary, these being Matrix-BFR and transmutation. I believe that this is because Nova has no defense for it. I believe I've proved the other "advantages" insignificant.

I think I am done here, and after your post we can go straight into voting if that's okay with you?

Sure. After the summary though.

Summary

Defensive

1. Physical Attacks
    1. Firestorm took multiple hits from Kalibak, who one-shotted Orion.
    2. Firestorm can go intangible so that Nova won't be able to affect him.
  2. Energy Attacks
    1. Firestorm can absorb them
    2. He can also transmute them into a harmless substance
    3. He can redirect them like he redirected the Omega Beams
    4. He can go intangible so that the attacks don't affect him.
    5. He's also tanked a blast that put down Captain Atom, so even if none of the above four work, it will take a long time to defeat him in this manner.

Offense

1. Nova has NO HARD COUNTER for transmutation
  2. He can also do nothing against intangibility
  3. BFR into the dimension called the Firestorm Matrix makes for an easy method of victory
  4. Firestorm can keep blasting Nova with blasts that one-shotted an amped Kalibak.

There's just no way that Nova Prime is going to win this matchup.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@thenewbluebeetle007: i read through, but lemme do so again. and then once more to look at some things then will cast a vote with a breaskdown on reasoning.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This will require a couple read throughs.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By mickey-mouse
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: No problem, it was a great battle. Firestorm is much more powerful than I had thought. :p

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for @thenewbluebeetle007 I feel that nova did not have a conclusive counter for transmutation or intangibility. Firestorm was shown to have durability to tank a few hits like taking hits from kalibak and taking a blast that hurt cap atom. Also firestorm showed great energy projection by one shotting kalibak and was able to do things like redirect omega beams all in all firestorm would be able to go intangible and energy blast and with the x factor of transmutation and BFR to the matrix. i feel like a better argument was made for firestorm and there was scans to back up the plan to win

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46 HigorM  Moderator

Both did great, but as far as proving how one character would defeat the other, I was more convinced by @thenewbluebeetle007, who actually gave us more arguments to not only counter the enemy best hits but also defeat him. One minor thing though is that you both used a lot of scans, I'm not really sure if that amount of scans is really necessary to be honest.

Great CaV anyway ;)

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: U got my vote man, will elaborate when school lets out though so until then you can choose weather or not to count it but k will explain. :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

T4V once you're done.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazingly close CAV, great job both sides.

In the end I think @thenewbluebeetle007 edged it out, his counters were a bit better but both had great arguments.