Bracket Battle: One-time Amps (3 of 4: High)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is a bracket battle among characters who all have one-time amps!

Due to the nature of these amps, feats are often limited in number, so extrapolate and estimate as you please. Have fun with this and feel free to take a guess rather than worry about being perfectly accurate!

All the fights in round one occur, then the winners move on to round two, and so on. Last one around is the winner. Everyone is fully rested and healed after each round, and weapons are replenished.

In character, fights start at 30’ in the Badlands of South Dakota. Win by KO, death, or incapacitation.

Sometimes I have changed the characters’ weapons from the original.

What is a one-time amp in this context? I tried to limit myself to amps that only lasted one issue, or at most one story arc.

I will admit to be very Marvel-heavy in these brackets, just because that’s what I’m most familiar with. I am planning to do another set of these sometime in the future, and already have some extra characters for them, but if anyone has any suggestions for great one-time-amped characters, please let me know—and give me some details on the level of their boost to help me know what tier to put them in. Thanks!

I have put in the issue numbers if I know them. If I haven’t put in the issue numbers, and you know them, please post them below and I’ll edit the OP to include them.

This round is high-powered characters, somewhere between herald and low skyfather. Granted some of these people are clearly tougher than others, but making a bracket with one-time amps doesn't lend itself towards perfectly even brackets.

With that…who wins each fight in each round, and why?

The Bracket
The Bracket

Character Details:

Miracle Man with Cheemuzwa powers and Hellstrom’s Darksoul power, in Defenders 120-1.

Kyle Richmond possessed by the power of the 6 psychics (Ursula Richards, Philip Le Guin, Mindy Williams, etc.), aka the Chorus, who later possessed Overmind. He does not have his Nighthawk gear. Defenders 106.

Dazzler as Herald of Galactus (Dazzler 10/11).

Magneto in the Last Days, with the power of MGH, Sugar Man’s enhancement, Polaris’s power, and the absorbed power of two Earths (Magneto 18-21; he more or less adds a new boost each issue, getting to the max in 20/21).

Dr. Strange with the Blu’dakorr demon powers he had in their fight with the Great Society during the Incursion (New Avengers 20/1).

Valkyrie with the powers given her by Odin to fight the Dragon of the Moon, in Defenders 144.

The Red Skull as Red Onslaught at its most powerful (Axis).

Nick Fury with the Watcher’s two eyes before actually becoming the Unseen (Original Sin 5).

Etrigan with the Crown of Horns and ruler of Hell, Demon 7.

Hela with the Twilight Sword (Avengers Prime 4).

The Absorbing Man is Greithoth, Breaker of Wills, with his Hammer (Fear Itself).

“Hulked-up” Silver Surfer—filled with solar energy in Infinity Crusade 4.

Puma is in the moment during Secret Wars II where the universe’s power is in perfect harmony with him (Spectacular Spider-Man 111).

Moondragon, possessed by the Dragon of the Moon and enhanced by the Beyonder (Defenders 152).

Jacen Solo, one with the Force (The Unifying Force novel).

Human Torch has the Cosmic Control Rod (Starting in Fantastic Four 600.)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2 owie  Moderator

Callouts for Magneto, Strange, Asgardians, Nick Fury, Etrigan, Surfer, and Star Wars. Sorry if anyone is listed more than once (I think I got rid of all double tags), or isn't interested. But hey, you're here, take a guess at the brackets! :)

Also, here are the links to the other brackets in this series:

One-time Amps 1: Low

One-time Amps 2: Medium

One-time Amps 4: Very High