Round 3: Iron Man (latest suit)

Round 4: Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Round 5: Wonder Woman (New 52)

Round 6: The Hulk

Round 7: New-52 Superman

Round 8: New-52 Martian Manhunter

Round 9: Thor

Round 10: Thanos

Black Bolt, tired of not being able to laugh, talk, or generally use his mouth, decides to go let out some anger on his friends (and one sorry enemy). He walks up to each unsuspecting party and lets off his most powerful, ear-busting scream. They don't know he's coming, so they can't put up shields (e.g. Thanos or Green Lantern) or otherwise brace themselves. What happens to each character? Do they die? Lose consciousness? Get instantly vaporised? Or shake themselves off, and hit back?

---------------------

For the rest of my battles, click here!

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By green_skaar

R1-5 definitely vaporized.

R6-9 KO'd for sure, very high chance of dying/near death

R10 takes it like a boss, pimp hands BB for annoying him.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eternityx

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BringnIt

Makes no sense to have a Green Lantern without shields. He's just a human otherwise. But stops at 6 more often than not.

Avatar image for romulusaugustus
RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think WW and GL get KO'd or f-ed up, but they won't get vaporized. Everyone before them explodes. 6-10 slowly resist more and more until Thanos laughs in his face.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RetconCrisis

@eternityx said:

@green_skaar said:

No Caption Provided

Or perhaps Thanos just does this. Thanos is not in the mood to pimp-slap, unfortunately for BB.

Starrk01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could arguably stop at Thor. Definitely stops at Thanos.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are the best feats Black Bolt's voice has achieved? It's been compared to nuclear explosions, which isn't especially impressive. Black Panther and Dr. Strange survived it in the Infinity series. Hulk already tanked the Skrull Black Bolt's scream with no issue in the World War Hulk storyline.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bringnit said:

What are the best feats Black Bolt's voice has achieved? It's been compared to nuclear explosions, which isn't especially impressive. Black Panther and Dr. Strange survived it in the Infinity series. Hulk already tanked the Skrull Black Bolt's scream with no issue in the World War Hulk storyline.

I wouldn't say that make the voice any less impressive. Namor tanked most of that blast IMO, hence him yelling to Beast to get behind him, and it left him pretty messed up after. I also wouldn't say T'Challa taking it makes it any less impressive. His vibranium suit (I am assuming he has it currently even though Jonathan Hickman hasn't cleared up if he has since he logically shouldn't be able to take the scream with his natural durability), has allowed him ridiculous durability which has let him multiple blows from class 100s and it absorbs all forms of energy, lessening damage put upon its wearer.

I'm pretty sure @green_skaar and @norrinboltagonprime21 will know Black Bolt's scream's best destructive feat.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: It's nothing against Black Bolt, but you're talking about something that is being said here to knock out the Hulk and Thor, Superman and the Martian Manhunter, all of whom are way more durable than even a vibranium-enhanced T'Challa or a Dr. Strange with shields, and especially more durable than Namor.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine008
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By GhostRavage

@bringnit: Black Bolt can make planets collapse with his voice as well as opening holes in reality.

I'll look for the scans shortly.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BringnIt

@bringnit: Black Bolt can make planets collapse with his voice as well as opening holes in reality.

I'll look for the scans shortly.

He was amped greatly by a device Reed Richards designed with he opened a hole in reality.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: Not greatly, but he was in an amplification device.

Anyway, here...

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal Jordan turns off Boltagan's voice

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: He screamed into the planet and a continent rattled, but every character after round 5 has tanked worse. Hulk might be KOed, depending on his anger level, but certainly not killed by it.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: That's the point of that feat, he didn't screamed he was just slowly transferring the power into the planet and it was literally collapsing. Nothing like the bursts he normally does. He also KO'd Thanos IIRC but i think it was after 3-4 screams in the face...

Hulk was KO'd by a whisper... A full blown scream to the face should do the trick.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BringnIt

@bringnit: That's the point of that feat, he didn't screamed he was just slowly transferring the power into the planet and it was literally collapsing. Nothing like the bursts he normally does. He also KO'd Thanos IIRC but i think it was after 3-4 screams in the face...

Hulk was KO'd by a whisper... A full blown scream to the face should do the trick.

Hulk's power levels have grown immensely since the point where he was KOed. As I said, Black Bolt Skrull was supposed to have the same power level as the original and he unleased fully into WWH, who was not KOed at all--for me, that battle depends on how angry Hulk is. Some versions will be KOed, others will not, but none will die.

I'm very skeptical that Black Bolt has KOed Thanos given Thanos' consistent durability feats over the years and given how easily he took Black Bolts' screams in Infinity.

Superman, Thor, Manhunter are all about as durable as they come, and all have taken greater shots than anything that has been shown for Black Bolt so far in this thread.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: I know Hulk's powers have grown, but a whisper is a whisper... It's nowhere close to a scream, and i don't know where it was stated Skrull-Bolt was as strong as Black Bolt. I actually think he was weaker.

Im not saying they will die, just they wont tank it and they will faint.

And about Thanos, well, you can be as skeptical as you want, but it still happened on panel... (sorry if i seemed a bit harsh there, not my intention)

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: I know Hulk's powers have grown, but a whisper is a whisper... It's nowhere close to a scream, and i don't know where it was stated Skrull-Bolt was as strong as Black Bolt. I actually think he was weaker.

Im not saying they will die, just they wont tank it and they will faint.

And about Thanos, well, you can be as skeptical as you want, but it still happened on panel... (sorry if i seemed a bit harsh there, not my intention)

Where/when did it happen? I'd need to review the feat for myself. Thanos has taken shots from Odin, has taken Thor's strongest attacks, and Black Bolt's screams were recently shown to do nothing to him, even when repeatedly used.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: Well... Maybe @killemall can tell you when it happened, also, i think he didn't have his shields up in that occasion. That being said, Thanos didn't have his shields up in Infinity either, and Black Bolt harmed him just fine... He was actually bleeding...

No Caption Provided

Im not saying Black Bolt should KO Thanos with 1 scream, but several screams like this one could KO him IMO.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: Well... Maybe @killemall can tell you when it happened, also, i think he didn't have his shields up in that occasion. That being said, Thanos didn't have his shields up in Infinity either, and Black Bolt harmed him just fine... He was actually bleeding...

No Caption Provided

Im not saying Black Bolt should KO Thanos with 1 scream, but several screams like this one could KO him IMO.

I would say it was the Terrigen Bomb that hurt Thanos, rather than Blackagar himself

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BringnIt

@ghostravage: He took several screams in Infinity and then stomped on Black Bolt. A little blood is nothing, particularly since it is just likely artist rendition of the event, much like Batman on Venom drew blood on Superman. We are clearly not going to agree on our interpretations of Infinity, though, and that's fine.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Experio

Stops at Thor. He should take it and still be up, then he strikes back with a hammer throw.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GhostRavage

@dondave: I doubt it was the bomb since Black Bolt who was right next to Thanos ended just fine, not the case with Thanos who actually took Black Bolt's scream before the bomb exploded...

No Caption Provided

Why would Thanos, who has WAY more durability and toughness than Black Bolt, be significantly more damaged than Black Bolt if it was the bomb that harmed them. I think he was meant to be harmed by Black Bolt's voice rather than the bomb.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolverine008

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: They weren't "several"... Several implies way too many screams. It was actually 3. The first one was from an understandable far distance, making the bomb explode. The second one was when they resumed the battle once again, which was once again, from an understandable far distance. And the third one was to the face. That was it, 3 screams and he lost almost all his armor and he was bleeding. I don't see why it is so hard to believe Black Bolt could KO him with several screams if he has actually done it before.

That being said, if you just don't want to agree, there's nothing wrong with it, im not trying to convince you of anything, rather than merely exchanging points of view. Good talk mate.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By green_skaar

@bringnit said:

Interestingly in "WWH What If: Hulk Died and Caiera Lived?", written by Pak, Caiera captures Black Bolt and puts an obedience disc on him. Dr. Strange and Sentry are both killed by him investigating the moon falling apart and satellites going offline. Yes, I know "What Ifs" aren't cannon, however it's certainly showing you what Pak thought he was capable of. Considering a whisper has KO'd Hulk, it's not really that out of the question that a mild "no" would kill Strange/Sentry.

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: @wolverine08: In regards to infinity black bolt has been weakened as a result of the terigen bomb.

No Caption Provided

Also I still maintain it should be assumed that black panther doesn't have the vibranium suit until Hickman 100% proves it.

@ghostravage In regards to why thanos was in worst shape then black bolt due to the terrigen bomb I think you can argue that its because black bolt is an inhuman. The bomb was designed to make inhumans develop there abilities (or whatever), so ultimately it is meant to help those with inhuman DNA. I know it weakened black bolt but the fact he is an inhuman could possibly have had different side effects on him. All though yea the scream probably did play a role in damaging thanos I do believe its possible the bomb played a bigger role. Its hard to say IMO.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: AH! I forgot about that even though I have New Avengers 12! Thanks for the reminder mate!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Well, the bomb's effects on inhumans happened after it exploded, if anything, it was just a huge bomb that exploded and later activated the real purpose of it. I doubt the effects happened right when it exploded because they were shown afterwards. Also, by showing that scan, one can assume Black Bolt's scream turned weaker because of the bomb since he was screaming while the effects were propagating in the city, which includes him.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Well, the bomb's effects on inhumans happened after it exploded, if anything, it was just a huge bomb that exploded and later activated the real purpose of it. I doubt the effects happened right when it exploded because they were shown afterwards. Also, by showing that scan, one can assume Black Bolt's scream turned weaker because of the bomb since he was screaming while the effects were propagating in the city, which includes him.

The way I see it, BB's first scream was at full power, the subsequent ones were of lesser power due to the bomb and it's effect on him.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bringnit said:

His best feat was tearing a hole in reality and vaporizing a few planets in the process.

His whispers have been compared to nukes, full power hasn't

That was more of a whisper than a full scream in wwh

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The post I made and deleted I noticed someone else made a similar remark (scan about BB being not at full power after the bomb) while I was making mine.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: AH! I forgot about that even though I have New Avengers 12! Thanks for the reminder mate!

No problem.

@jashro44: Well, the bomb's effects on inhumans happened after it exploded, if anything, it was just a huge bomb that exploded and later activated the real purpose of it. I doubt the effects happened right when it exploded because they were shown afterwards.

Well yes but I think the affects happening after the bomb detonation could be because of the fact that all the other inhumane affected by the bomb weren't anywhere near it where as black bolt was at point blank. All I am saying is that the purpose of the bomb could mean it has different side affects (such as black bolt losing some of his powers all though at the same time I think its possible it could be less harmful to him). I realize this is pretty speculative but I think its possible.

Also, by showing that scan, one can assume Black Bolt's scream turned weaker because of the bomb since he was screaming while the effects were propagating in the city, which includes him.

This is true.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit said:

His best feat was tearing a hole in reality and vaporizing a few planets in the process.

You have scan or issue of that one? I'm aware of when he tore a hole in reality with Reed, but not the the planet feat (except living through such an event, which is a massively impressive durability feat).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I do wonder how Black Panther tanking a scream without the vibranium suit is going to be explained. Lol.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Bolts voice is overrated. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the most damage his voice has done, with no amp, is shake a few continents and crack up the moon a bit right?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GhostRavage

@jashro44: It's possible, but i wouldn't take it as the real deal if we have some concrete evidence on panel, but it's a possibility nonetheless.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@bringnit said:

You have scan or issue of that one? I'm aware of when he tore a hole in reality with Reed, but not the the planet feat (except living through such an event, which is a massively impressive durability feat).

It was in War of Kings when Black Bolt was thought to be dead.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I do wonder how Black Panther tanking a scream without the vibranium suit is going to be explained. Lol.

I think its as you said. Namor took the blunt of it and I also recall doctor strange and iron man and Reed (basically all the really durable people) being in front of black panther and beast at the time. All though I am going off memory here. I know namor was in the very front and told them to get behind him.

Some feats for black panther can be argued as pretty impressive but for now I am assuming he doesn't have the vibranium suit with Hickman stating he doesn't really like vibranium and the fact black panther was using force fields to block lasers he would be able to easily tank with the vibranium suit.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: It's possible, but i wouldn't take it as the real deal if we have some concrete evidence on panel, but it's a possibility nonetheless.

Yea fair enough. Admittedly there isn't much evidence to back that theory up.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Yeah, Namor did jump ahead willingly jump ahead of the scream, and I guess with Iron Man and others there, it is understandable how he didn't end up getting vaporized assuming he is sans vibranium suit.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By robertloucksjr