Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week VOTING: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool (586 votes)

Deathstroke 50%
Deadpool 44%
Too close to call 6%

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

The Comic Vine community has selected Deathstroke as our latest Character of the Month. That means we're going to give him plenty of love and highlight Slade Wilson's history, best stories, and more, but it also means means we're going to test his abilities as a combatant! Last week, he barely beat Boba Fett. This week, we're going with a popular match that simply has to be done: Deathstroke vs. Deadpool!

Will Slade's skill be more than enough to drop Wade Wilson or will the Marvel character's healing factor and constant rambling make the DC mercenary eventually lose his focus? Both are incredibly agile and very deadly, but which one will be walking away as the winner when they come face-to-face? Well, readers, you can help determine that verdict!

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • Deadpool's standard gear includes his swords, an assortment of firearms and a few grenades.
  • This is pre-52 Deathstroke and he also has his standard gear (sword, power staff, small firearms).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Is this the inevitable outcome? Go vote to help decide who will win!

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Keep your eyes on the homepage for more Deathstroke goodness! We've posted his Best Covers and we'll suggest some of his must read stories later this week! Want to suggest a future match for Slade Wilson? Tell us below or suggest it via twitter.

• 
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1 HigorM  Moderator

Another great one!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Joseph

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gracetrack

Oooooo... it's merc vs. merc, original vs spoof, Slade Wilson vs Wade Wilson. But, can a pre-52 Deathstroke overcome the unpredictability and superhuman healing factor of Deadpool?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

I defiantly think it will end up a draw due to their skills in a variety in weapons, but then again Deadpool cant die.

JTKirk101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JTKirk101

Deadpool takes this...specially if its pre 52 Deathstroke

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RenaissanceMan

@jtkirk101 said:

Deadpool takes this...

Nah. Deadpool can be decapitated or knocked out. Slade is skilled enough to accomplish both. More skilled than Wade imo. He'd decapitate him just like he did Warblade.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Slade.

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke cannot overcome the healing factor of Deadpool

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@cloudguy said:

I defiantly think it will end up a draw due to their skills in a variety in weapons, but then again Deadpool cant die.

Just fyi, this isn't a fight to the death. Incapacitation or knock out count as a loss.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Deadpool.

I'll explain my thoughts later.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Deathstroke would have to win via incapacitation. He would have to remove Deadpool's arms, legs, and head. How fast could Deadpool recover from that?

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HushoftheWind

Popularity wise, Deadpool will probably win, but in a debate of skill and lethal aptitude, i'll give the fight to Deathstroke in a bloody, bullet led, sword swiping brawl. Sure Deadpool has his incredible healing factor, but the man still feels the "ouchies" and will there be plenty had in this fight. Skill to skill, tactics to tactics, im giving a proper edge to Slade being that his enhancements give him humanly incalculable battle prowess and intelligence. I never thought i'd be one to bring this up, but Deathstroke is the guy who tookdown a pretty good Justice League team roster in Identity Crisis and on a occasion fought the Titans and occasionally won.

Being that the combatants are in character Deadpool pretty much handed himself his own lost as he knows that he's facing his blueprint and probably just fangasm himself for the lost. Not saying Deadpool gonna die in this, but he will lose.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedailybagel  Moderator

Slade. He's a smart guy and he should be to realise that dead pool can't exactly die. Then it just depends if he can incapacitate him (which I think he could)

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Wade. He's one of my favorite comic book characters, and his recent growth as a character has only helped him further cement his place there, but... Slade's got my vote. Wade has his crazy regen factor and insane black-ops skills and all that, but Slade Wilson has taken on the Justice League and beaten them before. As far as I can remember, at least. And I'm pretty damn sure Deadpool's never taken on the Avengers and beaten them. Maybe by annoying them to death, but not in a proper fight.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's 50/50 for me. It's like choosing which is your favourite child. I love both Deadpool and Deathstroke.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

"Deadpool has taken punches from the Hulk, therefore Slade can't hurt him."

I voted Slade.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dondave
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an interesting match-up given the similarities between the two. But Slade has got this one. Deadpool's only advantages are his healing factor (which Slade doesn't lack either) and his unpredictability. Other than that, in Slade's own words "I'm faster. Stronger. Smarter. And so this ends the only way it could". Deadpool isn't short of any of these mind you, but Slade's level is just a whole other level.

Speed? The man is ten times faster than the average bullet-timer. He's speed-blitzed the likes of Black Canary before she could even scream, and Zantana before she could even utter a word. Strength? Slade has kicked down doors reinforced with steel effortlessly, and he tore open a large hole in a wall with his bare hands. Intelligence? C'mon. That's Slade's #1 power. The guy beat the Justice League with prep (and on a sidenote, if you re-read Identity Crisis, there was no way Slade could have known who he was going to face from the JLA. That's something people tend to overlook), and beaten the Teen Titans several times with prep. And as for complete badassery? He doesn't need prep to give the Teen Titans a run for their money. He took on a dozen or more members all on his lonesome. Without prep! He nearly killed Lex Luthor, who was sporting his War Suit! That same suit designed to take on Superman!

Don't get me wrong, Deadpool is a cool and hilariously fun character. But I'm giving this one to the Terminator with a solid 8-9/10.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: damn! Why have I never seen that used before?

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, this is so close... gotta go with DP though

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MAZAHS117

Deathstroke

RuBoy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta give it to Wade, I love Slade but Deadpool being immortal( cursed by Thanos) and incredibly unpredictable is the reason he is going to win. Deathstroke is a tactical genius, but what can you do when you can not predict anything? Same reason why Batman cant defeat Joker. Batman is a tactician, Joker is insane. Same principle here. However if a defeat by incapacitation, Deathstroke can probably cut Deadpool in half, for a while.

Rulerofthevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool. His endurance and that never ending pouch of goodies will give him the W.

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's gotta be Deadpool for me here. Both are extremely talented mercenaries but I give the slight edge to Deadpool thanks to hi regenerative abilities. Deadpool has gone toe to toe with the likes of Taskmaster, Black Panther, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America, Carnage, Crossbones, Daredevil, Moon Knight....etc. and has either given a great fight or won. I think their equally skilled but Deadpool's factor and general insanity would prove to be too much.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is it impossible to knockout out DP or something because I don't think the fight has to be a death match. I'm going to go with Slade because of experience.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke...

While both mercenaries are capable of giving each other a run for their money, Deathstroke's superior physicals and tactical/strategic prowess should grant him the edge against Deadpool's healing factor.

Although Slade cannot kill Wade, he can probably knock him out or incapacitate him as he is likely to gain the upper hand in close quarters combat due to his enhanced reflexes and strength to go along with his superior skill.

In a firefight, despite Deadpool's advantage of regenerating through bullets, Slade will eventually gain the edge through his brain processing speed and tactical mastermind. Not to mention Slade's gear being too effective against bullets as well as him being a superb marksman. What a firefight will eventually come down is to Slade collapsing a wall or building on Wade using explosives such as grenades or his staff. Wade is too durable to lose just by being shot but at the same time Slade is too smart to botch at finding a way around Wade's regenerative abilities.

Slade's armor should grant him enough protection to eventually outsmart and beat Wade using tactical attacks if this fight boils down to a firefight between the two.

In close quarters Slade should be able to win by knockout for a majority.

Slade for a 7.5-8/ Majority....

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_stegman: All those scans are of New 52 Deathstroke. Pre 52 Slade is being used.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

@wolverine08: Oh, darn, I'm used to battles using /current/ versions of combatants, lol, I'll find something else later.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#31  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Boooooooooooooo how is Deadpool winning?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

More fans. But, we have all week for people to discuss, who knows, the tides could turn (probably not).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08: Oh, darn, I'm used to battles using /current/ versions of combatants, lol, I'll find something else later.

It's all good man.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea. Good question.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jashro44
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By owie  Moderator

Slade, not Wade.

While Deadpool is very skilled and has a better healing factor, Deathstroke also has a healing factor, plus enhanced physicals and a far more strategic mind, and I would guess is at least if not more skilled. I think Deathstroke takes a comfortable majority through KO/incap.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh said:

I have no idea. Good question.

He's 1. More Popular 2. Similarly skilled 3. Is effectively immortal and doesn't actually feel pain.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool's only advantages are his healing factor and unpredictability. Deathstroke outclasses him in strength, speed, skill, tactics, marksmanship, and equipment, pretty much everything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question: If Wade is more popular why wasn't he the character of the month?

Popularity isn't that big a factor, especially in this fight.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By bloggerboy

Deadpool! Just because of how funny he is.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Well aware of that, but he didn't win the competition he was in and Slade won by a longshot.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ruboy96 said:

Gotta give it to Wade, I love Slade but Deadpool being immortal( cursed by Thanos) and incredibly unpredictable is the reason he is going to win. Deathstroke is a tactical genius, but what can you do when you can not predict anything? Same reason why Batman cant defeat Joker. Batman is a tactician, Joker is insane. Same principle here. However if a defeat by incapacitation, Deathstroke can probably cut Deadpool in half, for a while.

Batman has beaten the joker multiple times and win isn't by death.

It's gotta be Deadpool for me here. Both are extremely talented mercenaries but I give the slight edge to Deadpool thanks to hi regenerative abilities. Deadpool has gone toe to toe with the likes of Taskmaster, Black Panther, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America, Carnage, Crossbones, Daredevil, Moon Knight....etc. and has either given a great fight or won. I think their equally skilled but Deadpool's factor and general insanity would prove to be too much.

1. He beats taskmaster due to his unpredictability.
  2. He never fought T'challa but Erik Killmonger and I'd argue Killmonger had the upper hand in there second fight since Wade was disarmed. First fight was too brief for conclusions to be formed IMO.
  3. Hulk was weakened when deadpool fought him and he's a different enemy in general. He has no skill unlike deathstroke.
  4. I would argue spider-man has whooped deadpool in basically every encounter honestly.
  5. his showings against cap are good
  6. He used prep to fight carnage in there first fight, lost their second fight IIRC (I can't remember details so I could be wrong here), and he had a symbiote in there last fight.
  7. Crossbones isn't as skilled as Slade.
  8. Daredevil recently beat deadpool
  9. Moon knight also ended up beating deadpool as well.
RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RenaissanceMan

Deadpool! Just because of how funny he is.

This baffles me. I never found him that funny. More goofy than funny.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill And that means what exactly? We have no idea what would have been the outcome if Slade and Wade were in the same contest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: When Deadpool fought Daredevil recently, Wade wasn't trying to fight. He wanted to catch the shapeshifter.

@dondave: I still feel that its worth mentioning.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman: Deadpool has this. When did DS decapitate Warblade? Was this WS version or sh*tty New52 version which if it is ain't a Bo accomplishment as he was ass to begin with.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman: Deadpool has this. When did DS decapitate Warblade? Was this WS version or sh*tty New52 version which if it is ain't a Bo accomplishment as he was ass to begin with.

No he doesn't have this. Deathstroke outclasses him in every area especially intelligence except for his healing factor. And yes it was New 52 Warblade.

errol_lorre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hm, maybe people are accidentally clicking on Deadpool instead of DEATHSTROKE!! Common, guys, lets not let the stupid spoof character win?

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Grey56
No Caption Provided

I voted for Wade. Trying to use conventional martial arguments just doesn't work against Wade - at least with me. Someone with very little cohesive reasoning but infinite regenerative capability and extreme tactical prowess is a tough draw for anyone - even Slade.

I am not saying that this wouldn't be a pitched battle....at least the first half dozen encounters whereupon Slade dismembers Wade limb from limb only to be startled out of his boxers watching the late show to realize Wade has once again found him to continue their ill-fated accompli.

However, like any good Bill Murray - after waking up to Sonny & Cher so many times...you begin to look for any way out. Because rest assured, short of blasting Wade's parts to the four corners of the Collector 's universe......Wade would comically find his way back to another round.

So here's to you, Wade - you silly sod.