Battle of the Week VOTING: Batman vs. Iron Fist

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week VOTING: Batman vs. Iron Fist (596 votes)

Batman 34%
Iron Fist 61%
Too close to call 4%

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

As our latest Character of the Month, Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. that really popular DC hero you might have heard of, will have his abilities put to the test in weekly battles against characters he's never met before. According to the voters, he has what it takes to bring down the current incarnations of Star-Lord and Shredder, but what about Danny Rand, a.k.a. Iron Fist? We've seen Viners suggesting Rand vs. Bruce for several months now, so why not give the people what they want?

To make sure the fight is as balanced as possible, we've increased the starting distance and yes, you can use pre-New 52 feats for Batman. Will that be enough for him to defeat the Living Weapon or will a glowing fist knock Batman square in his face? Check out the rules, give it some proper thought and then cast your vote!

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character (morals apply).
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side).
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. There's a good amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
  • This is New 52 Batman (he has his standard New 52 attire/gear), however, pre-52 combat feats can be used in the debate.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Want to suggest a match for an upcoming battle of the week for the Dark Knight? Tell us below or share it via twitter.

• 
Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gracetrack

Another great match up! This will be good. :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Another great match up! This will be good. :)

Agreed. I'm going Iron Fist though, because of his ability to one-hit KO pretty much anyone, and he has the skills to do this IMO.

Looking forward to seeing some great arguments for both characters though. :)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might give this to Danny overall.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HushoftheWind

i was wondering where the Battle was and holy crap! BAT VS FIST!? @k4tzm4n nooooooooooooooooooo. @k4tzm4n Stahp!! But seriously im gonna go with Bruce. We've seen his armor tank so pretty hefty shots from the Metas in the new 52 like Ocean Master, new 52 Bane on crack Venom, and Wraith from Superman Unchained.

In my head the start of this battle will be like those old Kung Fu films i used to watch with my older brother back in the early 90s. Hell now i gotta look those up again.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By reaverlation

@jashro44: Yup.That suit would make this battle completely unfair

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gracetrack

@hushofthewind: Good point about his (standard) New 52 batsuit. It's still pretty beefed, even if it wasn't the one he was wearing against Wraith (technically).

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No civilians mas this a fight that Batman as little chance o winning. IF can deflect the individual flechettes of a flechette gun. He has the reaction speed to catch a sniper bullet fired from behind.

In the end, there is just too much speed, power, and skill for Batman to overcome.

I see this thread having the ratio being 9/10. The votes will give Iron Fist the win by 5.4/10-5.8/10. That level of bias is embarrassing.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HushoftheWind

@omnicrono: honestly would he make his stealth suit more durable than his regular suit though? i mean honestly that kinda doesnt make sense

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy you finally got around to making this awesome battle!!

Overall I'm going to give it to Danny 6/10. Simply put, his physicals and striking power are going to be too much for Batman. Sure, Batman's suit has tanked a grenade shot from a grenade launcher, and tons of other blunt force damage, but I don't think it would be able to protect batman enough from a punch that dropped a helicarrier, or that has dropped metahumans, or stopped a bullet train. Danny won't use strikes this powerful on a human at first, and that holding back would give batman a chance to get some wins, but it's clear Danny has enough power to take him out.

Batman WILL pull out some wins with some gadgetry (tasers, low level sonics, gas, explosives), fancy tactics, and some with stealth and martial arts, but the majority of the time, Danny's punching power and amazing speed should be enough to overwhelm Batman. Batman doesnt go down easy, and he will take a few of Danny's relatively lighter blows at first, giving him his chance to get some wins, but I think batman would lose more often than not, if only by just a little bit. 6/10 Danny. Almost too close to call.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gracetrack

@hushofthewind: Not sure. I've simply heard ('round here) that it is more durable.

Either way, Iron Fist's chi-powered attacks are going to pose a big problem for Batman. Not sure who'd win this one. Going to have to mull it over for a while.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh man, sorry Bats, but Iron Fist has this.

Anything Batman can throw at him, he can chi-heal from, he's got martial arts prowess to top him, and if he lands the Iron Fist on him, Bats is done, I don't care what gadgets he's got, if it can knock out Colossus, no beating the Fist of Iron.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think iron fist is a bit out of batmans league to be honest...His striking power is amazing, he's at least very close to batmans skill level, and I think his speed feats are a bit better. His chi can also allow him to do more than just punch stuff too.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny with chi is to much for Bruce.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to give it to someone who isn't Batman but I don't really see Batman taking Danny in direct combat even with a nice range advantage. I think he'd at least need to make temporary tactical retreats to maintain his range advantage and by himself time and room to think out a plan.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman most likely. His versatility alone might allow him to pull a few wins over Danny. I also find their hand to hand showings to be comparable enough to say that they'd be pretty evenly matched. I also consider Bruce to be physically superior to Danny in regards to both characters standard physicals. (Meaning no Chi.) Speaking of Chi, before people starting spamming scans of Danny taking out the Hellicarrier with a punch and what not, do you really think Danny (With morals.) is going to use those type's of attacks on beings (Especially one that resembles a human. Not that Danny wouldn't notice Bruce was a human) he knows nothing about? It isn't very hero like to splatter people with punches.

However, the Chi can also be used to enhance Danny's other stats such as his reaction speed. This allows him to do thinking's like catch bullets and dodge Iron Man's lasers. (Though some consider the Iron Man feat aim dodging.) I believe Bruce's reaction speed is only slightly below that of Danny's. However I don't believe Danny can withstand the assault from a multitude of versatile batarangs, (Sonic, explosive, standard, etc.) smoke pellets, tear gas, etc.

Let's also not forget this takes place at night. (Like most of these battles do but in this case it has meaning.) Batman is basically in his element. While the Chi might enhance Danny's senses I still think Batman could get in a few stealth shots on Danny. Factoring other things within the settings, Batman is going to be a lot more traversable in this situation. He can easily get the high ground on Danny and swing around the downtown area with his grappling hook without any distractions or anything to give away his position. Then he can use his expert marksmanship and most likely take out Danny with some of those versatile batarangs I mentioned.

Factoring everything I've mentioned, I believe Batman will take Danny six out of ten times in a fight.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh, sweet fight!

I'll think it over, but I'm probably siding with Rand. Morals on, Batman might not put forth his best to take him down, and the best is what he needs.

But maybe I'll change my mind later.

Jmarshmallow

guanofriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By guanofriend

BAT MAN is master of 127 martial arts, more versatile with gadgets and thus unpredictability. IRON FIST is just enhanced human with a specific martial arts skill.

Black Panther or Reed Richards is a better match for BAT MAN IMO. I don't know why IRON FIST is getting so many votes.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By micah007123

@the_man_with_questions said:

Batman most likely. His versatility alone might allow him to pull a few wins over Danny. I also find their hand to hand showings to be comparable enough to say that they'd be pretty evenly matched. I also consider Bruce to be physically superior to Danny in regards to both characters standard physicals. (Meaning no Chi.) Speaking of Chi, before people starting spamming scans of Danny taking out the Hellicarrier with a punch and what not, do you really think Danny (With morals.) is going to use those type's of attacks on beings (Especially one that resembles a human. Not that Danny wouldn't notice Bruce was a human) he knows nothing about? It isn't very hero like to splatter people with punches.

However, the Chi can also be used to enhance Danny's other stats such as his reaction speed. This allows him to do thinking's like catch bullets and dodge Iron Man's lasers. (Though some consider the Iron Man feat aim dodging.) I believe Bruce's reaction speed is only slightly below that of Danny's. However I don't believe Danny can withstand the assault from a multitude of versatile batarangs, (Sonic, explosive, standard, etc.) smoke pellets, tear gas, etc.

Let's also not forget this takes place at night. (Like most of these battles do but in this case it has meaning.) Batman is basically in his element. While the Chi might enhance Danny's senses I still think Batman could get in a few stealth shots in on Danny. Factoring other things within the settings, Batman is going to be a lot more traversable in this situation. He can easily get the high ground on Danny and swing around the downtown area with his grappling hook without any distractions or anything to give away his position. Then he can use his expert marksmanship and most likely take out Danny with some of those versatile batarangs I mentioned.

Factoring everything I've mentioned, I believe Batman will take Danny six out of ten times in a fight.

It's not in character for Bats to fall back and try to snipe Iron Fist with Batarangs. He's more likely to fight him in h2h, and once that happens Iron Fist 9/10 should be the better combatant.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gracetrack

In my opinion, Batman's got it all over Iron Fist in terms of stealth tactics, diversionary tactics, offensive weaponry, and strategy in general. And Bats should be able to use those strengths to great effect in this city environment. If he tries to make it an h2h fight though, things are going to go downhill for him rather quickly. Thankfully, he's a lot smarter than that and has proven as much time and again (when it isn't in a writer's best interest to have him stick to h2h in a fight and completely disregard the wealth of other options at his disposal via his gear). With his unparalleled deductive mind he's going to figure out real fast not to play the h2h game with Fist. Even so, Batman can take hits with the best of them, having shaken off powerful blows from gods and goddesses (Wonder Woman #164), Mongul (Infinite Crisis #1), the super-powered Kid Amazo (JLA Classified #40), Superman (Batman #612, Batman/Superman Annual #1, Superman/Batman #30), an alien with strength comparable to that of Martian Manhunter (Superman/Batman #28), and many more.

That said, I'm going to give the slight edge to Batman, in very tough fights, primarily because of his remarkable resilience and the amount of options he has. Danny is almost as skilled as Bruce (debatable), and he's much more powerful thanks to his chi-powered fighting. That much is certain. However, Fist isn't invulnerable by any means. He's very durable, but not on the level of guys like Spider-Man and Wolverine. Batman packs weaponry capable of putting down the likes of Killer Croc and Clayface on any given day, which would almost certainly be enough to send Danny Rand reeling. Also, Bruce is no stranger to Danny's brand of fighting; Karate Kid is essentially the "Iron Fist" of the DCU (or the other way around), and Bruce knows Kid's abilities well, so Danny's supercharged martial arts should come as little surprise to The Dark Knight. In this encounter, I envision Batman sticking to diversionary and hit-and-run tactics, eventually overwhelming Fist with knockout gas, tranqs, explosives, electric charges, flash grenades, hyper sonics, and various other combinations of weaponry on hand. Bruce'll wear Danny down, little by little, and finally gain the victory by KO or immobilization.

Superior brains over superior brawn. Batman 6 out of 10 in this scenario. But just barely. :)

(EDIT: references added)

amberazanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, how to put it lightly? umm this is a stomp in favor of Iron Fist.

amberazanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to give it to someone who isn't Batman but I don't really see Batman taking Danny in direct combat even with a nice range advantage. I think he'd at least need to make temporary tactical retreats to maintain his range advantage and by himself time and room to think out a plan.

tactical retreats are counted as a loss. Read the rules. Batman is screwed haha

guanofriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait what? what's preventing BAT MAN from using a combination of batarangs, smoke grenades, and advantage of urban environment to make it more even?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Fist sweeps this honestly. This would be a great fight without Danny's chi, as I'd say both him and Bruce are on the same tier of skill. However Danny's chi not only gives him a variety of attacks but boosts his physicals as well. I'm not going to sit and spout off Danny's high end showings alone (since I know some people love that) but this is a guy who has shown the ability to at least keep up with Spider-Man. Not to mention Danny's output is well above a street leveler. Is he going to open hard and kill Bruce instantly? No of course not. Basically, to keep it short and sweet, when Danny wants the fight to end, he ends it. Danny should sweep all rounds unless Bruce gets lucky.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By patrat18

Yea, i don't see Batman winning this one.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jashro44

Danny can control the output of his iron fist. That and he is willing to kill in character, depending on the enemy. He might not randomly open up with is but he will be willing to do it. And we don't need to spam scans of Danny using his chi to level a helicarrier. He has other area of effect attacks like this:

No Caption Provided

Not all of his area of effect attacks are at the level where they destroy helicarriers....

Let's also not forget this takes place at night. (Like most of these battles do but in this case it has meaning.) Batman is basically in his element. While the Chi might enhance Danny's senses I still think Batman could get in a few stealth shots in on Danny. Factoring other things within the settings, Batman is going to be a lot more traversable in this situation. He can easily get the high ground on Danny and swing around the downtown area with his grappling hook without any distractions or anything to give away his position. Then he can use his expert marksmanship and most likely take out Danny with some of those versatile batarangs I mentioned.

This is a pretty good point but not sure how helpful it will be. Keep in mind neither combatant knows anything about the other. This isn't going to be batmans first instinct. He might toss a few batarangs at iron fist at the start, or use his range but I think Danny is fast and agile enough to close the gap, not to mention Danny has his own range attacks as well. Not sure if batman will just fall back on stealth right at the beginning of the fight.

amberazanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amberazanu said:

wait what? what's preventing BAT MAN from using a combination of batarangs, smoke grenades, and advantage of urban environment to make it more even?

none of this is something Iron Fist hasn't seen, He's fought people who use tactics like Batman and won, people like Punisher, Captain America and Daredevil. He's even beat a mutant with a regenerative healing factor in Wolverine. Iron Fist is just too much for Batman to handle: He's faster, stronger, more durable and he uses chi, which he can use for defense or offense, and if he uses it for offense, then you better start digging a grave for Bruce Wayne.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dondave

Chi is too much

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

Your really undermining Batman's hand to hand skills then. No way is Danny taking nine to ten ration over Batman is hand to hand combat. You also realize Batman is a master tactician and if he realizes he's outmatched he'll make a tactical retreat onto a roof top and attempt to use his stealth and versatility? I can name multiple instances were Batman simple prefers to use stealth and versatility against random gangs of thugs so I wouldn't says it's to far off to interrupt him doing something like this.

@k4tzm4n could you define a tactical retreat before anyone says something. Does it mean when their engaged there they must continue fighting or can Batman at least grapple hook to a rooftop. Thanks.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BAT MAN is master of 127 martial arts, more versatile with gadgets and thus unpredictability. IRON FIST is just enhanced human with a specific martial arts skill.

Black Panther or Reed Richards is a better match for BAT MAN IMO. I don't know why IRON FIST is getting so many votes.

Rand has shown himself to be a master of multiple martial traditions, just ask Mister X whom got Drunken Fist to the face.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I think iron fist is a bit out of batmans league to be honest...His striking power is amazing, he's at least very close to batmans skill level, and I think his speed feats are a bit better. His chi can also allow him to do more than just punch stuff too.

This.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cerberus369616

@cerberus369616 said:

tactical retreats are counted as a loss. Read the rules. Batman is screwed haha

I know? That's why I said he'd need it? as in without it he loses? Hence me saying "...I don't really see Batman taking Danny in direct combat..."

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#34 frozen  Moderator

Yeah, Batman's not winning this.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Couldn't you just quote me?

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

I wasn't aware of that ability. However Batman's armor has allowed him to tank rocket launcher fire so I'm not sure how useful that ability would really be. (I'll insert the scan later.)

If you want my response to your second statement you can check post thirty.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@patrat18 said:

@frozen said:

Couldn't you just quote me?

Technically I'm quoting you now. But ok.

@patrat18 said:

@jashro44 said:

This.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator

Iron Fist - 76%

Batman - 24%

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist should take a strong majority in this one, simply because he's the better combatant. Before someone throws up Bruce being a master of 127 forms of martial arts in this fight. They need to realize that Danny also specializes in several forms of martial arts, such as Shaolinquan, Judo, Aikido, Karate, and has even displayed proficient boxing, loose brawling and street fighting tactics. While Danny mainly specializes in one form of martial arts (Kunlunquan), that one fighting style is better than a vast majority of the one's Batman knows. After all possessing knowledge of it did make him a living weapon even as a child. his combat skills along with his chi have allowed him to defeat Sabretooth while temporarily blind, and even defeated Spider-Man, Daredevil, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. He even took out simulations of Spider-Man, Captain America and Wolverine all at the same time with ease. Danny is the better combatant, while Bruce may hold the advantage in stealth, gear, and diversionary tactics. This fight is in character, Bruce is more likely to go into h2h range immediately. And once that happens Danny is the better combatant, one chi strike from him alone should be able to cripple Bats. All in all I give it to Rand 9/10.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Chooses Paragon option.*

First time posting on one of these, here goes nothing.

First of all I would like to bring up that I view Iron Fist as above Batman in terms of raw martial skill not by a massive margin mind you, but definitely above him none the less. Having said that Batman is no slouch and will certainly manage to land impressive hits especially with creative use of his gadgets. Even though I feel a majority of them won't really be a factor in this fight, batarangs can be caught and dodged, smoke pellets won't be effective (Danny is trained to fight blind and has easily kept track of and hit a stealthed War Machine/Iron Man.) Danny's reaction time and combat speed is also above Bruce's in my opinion, Danny caught a sniper bullet from behind while drugged with ease, then proceeded to beat down the Hydra hit squad and even dodge fully automatic gunfire point blank. This wasn't aim dodging either he went straight at the gunman while literally weaving around the bullets. As well as blocking a barrage of glass shards earlier in his career, while off chi and before his upgrade in Immortal Iron Fist no less.

With Chi Danny's striking power is undeniably above Bruce's, another poster commented on the fact that Danny doesn't throw helicarrier busting punches against normal people and even his enemies, unless he's certain they can take a hit that big. However Danny simply won't need to for this fight, as impressive as Batman's durability is, Danny does indeed posses the power to one hit k.o. and even one hit kill Bruce here. And given Danny's impressive skill and speed he will be landing Chi amped hits on Bruce.

All in all Batman has the skill, speed and durability to make Iron Fist noticeably work for his win however, I still see Danny coming out the victor with a solid majority here 7-8/10

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By micah007123

@micah:

Your really undermining Batman's hand to hand skills then. No way is Danny taking nine to ten ration over Batman is hand to hand combat. You also realize Batman is a master tactician and if he realizes he's outmatched he'll make a tactical retreat onto a roof top and attempt to use his stealth and versatility? I can name multiple instances were Batman simple prefers to use stealth and versatility against random gangs of thugs so I wouldn't says it's to far off to interrupt him doing something like this.

@k4tzm4n could you define a tactical retreat before anyone says something. Does it mean when their engaged there they must continue fighting or can Batman at least grapple hook to a rooftop. Thanks.

By the time he realizes that the fight will be over. And besides Danny is not just gonna let him slip away.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis

I cant see Batman winning this as long as Danny can use Chi and Batman remains unaware,Fist for the solid majority.

@darkday said:

@guanofriend said:

Rand has shown himself to be a master of multiple martial traditions, just ask Mister X whom got Drunken Fist to the face.

PIS.

amberazanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hhhh, beat you to the punch. I'm that someone, and the rules state that any "tactical" retreat is a loss. I would consider Batman grappling a building in order to make space, a retreat to attack from afar, hence the word "tactical"
yeah, he still loses, even if that retreat is allowed by @k4tzm4n

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 frozen  Moderator

Well, I'll still post Batman's best feats in specific areas.

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

Still you continue to undermine Bruce. Why? Bruce can last in hand to hand combat and I'm positive he'd be able to avoid Danny and make a quick escape. As I said, Batman is much more traversable. It'd be easier for Bruce to grapple to the top of a building rather than Danny to have to climb one. (Unless I missed something and Chi also allows him to super jump.)

The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Can you find the scan where Batman tanks a rocket launcher?

hhhh, beat you to the punch. I'm that someone, and the rules state that any "tactical" retreat is a loss. I would consider Batman grappling a building in order to make space, a retreat to attack from afar, hence the word "tactical"

yeah, he still loses, even if that retreat is allowed by @k4tzm4n

Since when did you start making the rules? It's for K4tzm4n to decided. Not you, so your opinion doesn't really mean much to me.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n; What constitutes as a "tactical retreat" here?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone should post scans of Danny's martial arts skills to see if he's really better than Bruce.

I think Bruce has him in that area.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@omnicrono

@micah:

Batman making a tactical retreat means he flees from Danny with the intention of escaping the battle and not returning in the near future. He wants to cease the match and not face Danny again until another time later on. However, Batman going to an option in the environment because he thinks it'll boost his chances of defeating Iron Fist (going to a rooftop, alley, sewer, etc) is totally fine. Basically, if he's doing something because he thinks it'll allow him to beat Iron Fist in this match: cool. If he leaves so he can beat Iron Fist in a rematch: not cool.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

Still you continue to undermine Bruce. Why? Bruce can last in hand to hand combat and I'm positive he'd be able to avoid Danny and make a quick escape. As I said, Batman is much more traversable. It'd be easier for Bruce to grapple to the top of a building rather than Danny to have to climb one. (Unless I missed something and Chi also allows him to super jump.)

You still continue to overestimating Bats. Ye's he's skilled but he's not going to escape from Danny like childsplay. He's kept up with Spider-Man and Wolverine in combat, both of whom have amazing combat speed and reaction times. In the Living Weapon series he ran across skyscrapers and battled armed Black Ops soldiers in mid-air. Bats will need to get lucky if he tries to escape from Iron Fist.