• Bucky Barnes
  • Falcon
  • Nightwing
  • Red Hood

Rules

• Morals are on. In character
  • Standard Equipment
  • Teams will work together, regardless of histories
  • Debate respectfully (shouldn't have to say it, but I am), disrespectful debating can be grounds for disqualification. Play nice!

Location - pierpat is green, desmond006 is red (there are no bystanders)

No Caption Provided

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By oceanmaster21
Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pierpat: I won't have a chance to until later today. If I see you haven't posted by time I get around to it, then I'll put one up.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tparks

@pierpat: Lol. ignore my last post. This looked like the match set up for me and I saw I was tagged and just replied witout reading through. lol. I think you meant to tag @desmond006

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@pierpat: Lol. ignore my last post. This looked like the match set up for me and I saw I was tagged and just replied witout reading through. lol. I think you meant to tag @desmond006

My mistake.

Well, @desmond006, want to have the first post?

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pierpat: how long do we have to debate?

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to begin by stating my teams got the edge in range and numbers.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pierpat

I would like to begin by stating my teams got the edge in range and numbers.

Fine.

You're team is outmatched in skill, strenght and durability.

Snake eyes and Storm Shadow are a bullet timers + with supermhuman strenght and incredible skills:

Speed/reflexes:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Deflecting two bullets shoot at point blank range,blocking an arrow shot from behind, splitting 5 arrows exactly in the middle.

Strenght:

No Caption Provided

Shatter stone with his bare hands.

Skill:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The master respectively 12 and 8 H2H fighting methods and multiple weapons.

Then i have X-23.She has a regenerative factor wich is better than Wolverine's

No Caption Provided

And is a great H2H fighter:

Then i Have Taskmaster....

He's quite self expeditionary, is automatically the MVP given his incredible skills

He's a great marksman:

Hitting 7 guards before they could react,doing a triple Headshot, hittinh a gun it it's barrel.

He's really fast(both in speed and reactions:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Catches a bullet, blitz a bung of gun-armed guards.

He has also proven to be abnormally resistant to pain,being able more than once to keep fighting normally after being shot:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Elektra is a great Martial artist too,is a bullet timer, and has limited TK:

Speed:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Actually blocks multiple bullets with her Sais and avoids a hail of machine-gun rounds.

She has great skills and an admirable strength:

Impales and lifts over her head two men at once,has a great knowledge of pressure points, kills 3 armed men while disarmed in no time.

Now, i say my team made up only of bullet timers/catchers ignores your range attacks, comes to close combat and destroys yours with it's superior skill.

Your turn.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A comic book character dodging bullets doesn't really mean much. It’s pretty common. My team can do it too. The reason I brought it up was that your team does have the initial problem of closing the distance. These are skilled marksman not random thugs.

No Caption Provided

Bucky gun has enough kick to mess up ares, I imagine thats harder to deflect than most of what you showed.

Oh yeah, not only do I have more numbers but I got teamwork to go with that.

No Caption Provided

Speed, reflexes and agility. yeah.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Before the coffee hit the ground and bucky with no hands.

Skill, come on man I got characters trained by batman and cap, characters who have stood in for batman and cap, characters that have gone toe to toe with Batman an Captain America.

I'll get to X-23 later. having computer problems right now. oh and your strength comment.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By desmond006
Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A comic book character dodging bullets doesn't really mean much. It’s pretty common. My team can do it too. The reason I brought it up was that your team does have the initial problem of closing the distance. These are skilled marksman not random thugs.

No Caption Provided

Bucky gun has enough kick to mess up ares, I imagine thats harder to deflect than most of what you showed.

Oh yeah, not only do I have more numbers but I got teamwork to go with that.

No Caption Provided

Speed, reflexes and agility. yeah.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Before the coffee hit the ground and bucky with no hands.

Skill, come on man I got characters trained by batman and cap, characters who have stood in for batman and cap, characters that have gone toe to toe with Batman an Captain America.

I'll get to X-23 later. having computer problems right now. oh and your strength comment.

First of all, i've given Marksmanship feats for 2 charachters, you for none.

So i don't see how your team is over in ranged combat.

And catching a bullet is a very different feat in comparison to avoiding one.

I have bullet deflectors and catchers, it's alot better than having bullet timers.

And Bucky's feat is more than PIS mixed to Ares's jobbing, i don't remember him having given incredibly strong guns.

And for teamwork, Electra has Telepathy, and it will be great reading your perfectly timed moves and anticipating them,or even taking control of them:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And shattering multiple bones with one hit:

No Caption Provided

As for Skill, hanging out with Cap and being trained by batman is simply not enough to compete with my team.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok here are some marksmanship feats

throwing a gun at another guys guns, shooting three arrows, shooting guys only in the legs.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and something for elektra

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

kind of a stalemate in this encounter.

I also have falcon and his birds. your close range attacks are doing anything to him.

for sake of space I will try to figure out how to put stuff in links. I cant seem to do it on this pc.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Bucky's gun. from his page on this website. "modified handgun and has been commented by Mockingbird to fire greater impacting bullets than normal handguns." akso his suit is impact resistant. also hes got that robo arm hurting anyone on your team in close combat.

Also I don't get the big difference between bullet dodgers and deflectors. Both are making movements to not get shot. why is one better than the other if nobody is getting shot with either method.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Bucky's gun. from his page on this website. "modified handgun and has been commented by Mockingbird to fire greater impacting bullets than normal handguns." akso his suit is impact resistant. also hes got that robo arm hurting anyone on your team in close combat.

Also I don't get the big difference between bullet dodgers and deflectors. Both are making movements to not get shot. why is one better than the other if nobody is getting shot with either method.

Well, when you avoid a bullet you often and presumably avoid the gunner's movement, not the actual bullet.

When you deflect a bullet, you need an additional timing skill, the better if you defect it with a small object(like Electra's Sias).Same thing for cathing them, and you need to actually get the exact trajectory of the bullet right, an inch wrong and you don't deflect/catch it.

ok here are some marksmanship feats

throwing a gun at another guys guns, shooting three arrows, shooting guys only in the legs.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and something for elektra

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

kind of a stalemate in this encounter.

I also have falcon and his birds. your close range attacks are doing anything to him.

for sake of space I will try to figure out how to put stuff in links. I cant seem to do it on this pc.

None of those marksmanship feats are terribly superior(i could even contest them to be on the same level) of the ones i posted, still can't see why my team would be outgunned in far fight.

And even if,we're at like 15 mts of distance.And the quality of the gunner won't avoid his hits getting deflected/avoided by my team, if you're a good gunner your gun does not shoot faster and it does not bend it's trajectory(stupid films apart).

And i don't see a response to elektra's TP.

and that battle is obviously PIS/low showing for elektra, when you find feats to put Black widow at elektra's level of skill, strength and agility let me know.

Oh, so falcon and his birds would be invulnerable to pressure points and adamantium claws?

Nice to know.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@desmond006: @pierpat: Just a reminder that the match has been extended until Wednesday, but it will be open to voting no matter what at that point, so if you have anything else you want to get in, do so before then. If you are both ready for voting, I can also open this up for voting before then as well.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: i've made my points here, but let's wait until wensday anyway to give desmond time for a extra post if he wants it

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pierpat

@tparks said:

@desmond006: @pierpat: Just a reminder that the match has been extended until Wednesday, but it will be open to voting no matter what at that point, so if you have anything else you want to get in, do so before then. If you are both ready for voting, I can also open this up for voting before then as well.

Is voting open here?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: you do know that cadince and indie are the same person right?

Let me read this and then I will vote

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pierpat

@pierpat: you do know that cadince and indie are the same person right?

Let me read this and then I will vote

Yep, but i'm not sure on witch account he's using atm, so i tagged both.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat gets my vote as his main argument for Elektra wasnt countered imo.

Good debates on the whole by both here :)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HigorM  Moderator

This seemed to be more a battle of scans than actual arguments, with both sides presenting good points and dropping the ball some time, I.E. pierpat posting the fight when Elektra stalemated Black Widow, who was already injured due to a previous cirurgy at that moment, so I wouldnt call that a feat in Elektra´s favor. Desmond tried to bring the synergy factor as an advantage for his team but since OP rules says: "Teams will work together, regardless of histories" I can´t see that as an advantage so both teams starts almost at equal conditions.

That being said, I vote for @pierpat who stood out more between the two.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tparks

bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: @desmond006: Nice job both of you, but it's been three days of voting, so I'm going to move this tourny to semi-finals. Pierpat won the vote and will move to semis.