Annihilators vs Robot/tech team

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

The Annihilators (Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar, Ronan, and Gladiator) vs a team of robot (or robot-ish) types (Cosmic Hulk, Ultron, the Fury, Super-adaptoid, the Destroyer)

Annihilators are standard versions. Cosmic Hulk is at his best. Ultron is Phalanx version. Superadaptoid is classic version. Destroyer is autonomously powered, as he was as Galactus's herald. For the Fury, let's say there are 3 rounds, because I am not sure how different his power levels are: Earth 238, Earth 616, and whatever version was in the recent Secret Avengers volume. It's not clear to me if these are actually different versions, or not.

In character. Win by any means. Start 50' away in the dunes of Arrakis.

Who wins and why?

The Annihilators: Surfer, Quasar, Gladiator, Ronan, Beta Ray Bill
The Annihilators: Surfer, Quasar, Gladiator, Ronan, Beta Ray Bill
The Fury
The Fury
Cosmic Hulk
Cosmic Hulk
Ultron
Ultron
Destroyer
Destroyer
Super-adaptoid
Super-adaptoid

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Sy8000  Online

Ultron and the Destroyer are all that's needed.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sy8000  Online

Also, to my understanding Fury could adapt to match the powers of Mad Jim Jaspers. Not seeing what anyone here is supposed to do against that. Super-Adaptoid would probably also solo by copying all their powers except if he can't handle cosmic awarness (he got insane from Captain Mar-Vell's cosmic awarness).

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 owie  Moderator

Also, to my understanding Fury could adapt to match the powers of Mad Jim Jaspers. Not seeing what anyone here is supposed to do against that. Super-Adaptoid would probably also solo by copying all their powers except if he can't handle cosmic awarness (he got insane from Captain Mar-Vell's cosmic awarness).

Yes, the Earth 238 Fury is probably fairly unbeatable from what I understand, although I've never read it directly. The 616 version that fought the X-Men, and from what I can tell the Secret Avengers version, may not be quite so powerful. The 616 version was defeated by a singularity that Rachel Summers put inside him, from what I understand, which Surfer could also theoretically do.

One possible weakness the whole robot team has is energy drain; I'm curious what people think about the possibility of Surfer and Quasar draining them all--if it's within their level of ability.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spambot

I think Destroyer and Ultron semi stomp by themselves if it is standard versions of all characters including Phalanx Ultron.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sy8000  Online

@owie said:

One possible weakness the whole robot team has is energy drain; I'm curious what people think about the possibility of Surfer and Quasar draining them all--if it's within their level of ability.

What would that do to the Destroyer? He's not fueled by any drainable energy. He's purely physical. Ultron could one-shot them all before they even tried given no one here is particularly more durable than Thor. Ultron is also not energy based unless for whatever reason he feels inclined to enter energy form.

Super Adaptoid has copied Quantum Bands before and would probably do so again, the only reason he wouldn't solo being that he wasn't very competent in the comics I've read (he had trouble with rookie Phylla Quasar even though he should've just trashed her with Thor's powers alone).

The only ones draining would work on are Cosmic Hulk and maybe Fury, but when you have Ultron and Destroyer who probably don't need any help that won't make a huge difference.