Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hearsay
No Caption Provided

She's done! Check the old Superboy thread for progress shots, I guess.

Thanks for looking guys!

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Wow. She looked good before but this finished version is incredible. Like, absolutely stunning.

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hearsay
No Caption Provided

Thanks @bumpyboo! I feel like I need to tackle something bigger as I try to build my illustration portfolio. What better than to fill it with comic book stuff? I really need to dedicate a lot of time and effort for this one. This just a rough sketch of my interpretation of the Antimonitor, he's getting ready to crack some universes in half.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fiodestromus

@bumpyboo said:

Wow. She looked good before but this finished version is incredible. Like, absolutely stunning.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@hearsay said:
No Caption Provided

Thanks @bumpyboo! I feel like I need to tackle something bigger as I try to build my illustration portfolio. What better than to fill it with comic book stuff? I really need to dedicate a lot of time and effort for this one. This just a rough sketch of my interpretation of the Antimonitor, he's getting ready to crack some universes in half.

Hehe, I like him, he looks sorta cheeky ;)

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hearsay

Haha, I think that's why I like Monty so much. In the meantime, I did a small animated piece (never even touched animation before) using Photoshop's animation mode. It was ALOT of fun and I'll definitely be doing some more stuff like this in the future.

No Caption Provided
JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hearsay: man these are so cool! I can't wait for the anti-monitor

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hearsay
No Caption Provided

Thanks! Right now I haven't the slightest idea of how I would begin to do a Crisis illustration, so I'm gonna hang back and dwell on it for a bit. Here's a Wonder Woman I did today, based on the upcoming film version of the costume, sans lasso and blade.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hearsay

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SO.. this Antimonitor piece is finally starting to take shape. I'm thinking that I'll do more than one compositional sketch and try to go with one I like best. There's only one Earth here, trying to figure out how to imply a multiversal aspect to it without jumbling the piece. I'll keep working on it.

In the meantime, I'm doing a little fanart for the Gotham television series. I like Selina, she's feisty.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Claymore1998

All of these are just incredibly awesome. You are very talented.

Keep up the good work =)

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hearsay
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thank you @claymore1998 I appreciate the kind words.

I'm in the process of touching up the Superboy piece to make his suit have a grittier, more reflective texture and also changing the coloring a bit. All this in preparation for my website/gallery. Here's more progress on Selina too, with a rough environment and rough grayscale.

I know this isn't really a journal or blog, but I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who either skims over this thread or replies to it. Thank you for looking. Thanks for the warm words. It's a wonderful thing to have a community that loves, reads, talks about and values comics like you guys. I have maybe 3 or 4 people that I'm able to talk about this stuff with. Moving to California a few months ago made communication with my friends more difficult. I'm fairly young (turned 22 last month) and this is around the time that I should be making lasting friendships/ relationships with, but it's hard. This is pretty much all I care about. I know things will get better, but whatever. Let's make comic art.

(Oh by the way, Camren, the actress who plays Selina on the Gotham series liked the sketch that I had of her on Instagram. Dunno how she found it because she wasn't tagged, but it made my heart skip a beat.)

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why haven't I seen these before? These are glorious!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Amazing.

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hearsay
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanks for the warmth. A bit off topic, but here's some Destiny fan art of The Traveler I did earlier this week. Below is more progress on Selina. The sketch before it didn't really take into account the size of her jacket, so I had to slim it down. I'll go back in after this step and tighten up the lines, and adjust the values according to the new lines.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hearsay said:

I know this isn't really a journal or blog, but I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who either skims over this thread or replies to it. Thank you for looking. Thanks for the warm words. It's a wonderful thing to have a community that loves, reads, talks about and values comics like you guys. I have maybe 3 or 4 people that I'm able to talk about this stuff with. Moving to California a few months ago made communication with my friends more difficult. I'm fairly young (turned 22 last month) and this is around the time that I should be making lasting friendships/ relationships with, but it's hard. This is pretty much all I care about. I know things will get better, but whatever. Let's make comic art.

Listen buddy, don't beat yourself up over what you think you should or should not be doing at this stage in life. There isn't a guidebook. There aren't set rules that you need to adhere to. You don't have to be married and have 2.5 kids and a house with a white picket fence by the age of 30. Life is a crap shoot. I still find people with whom I have become friends with. The lasting kind. Don't beat yourself up because you have or have not done something. Just live your life as YOU see fit.

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm usually not one to complain, yet here I am leaving negative thoughts for everyone to see. I don't even know what I want anymore and I'd want to keep it after obtaining it. For now, I'll try not to worry about it and just continue to do what I love doing. It has gotten me this far and I know it can take me further. I came out of nowhere and I already feel well received thanks to you guys. Thanks @jj_was_here these statements have more gravity when directly addressed to me.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hearsay: You're an artist, man. Your highs and lows are going to be extreme. You're also 22. No one expects you to know what you want. Live. Enjoy. Have realistic expectations. You might not find the love of your life at this age. Just remember to breathe and do what you do. If you can help it, don't think so much. Hinders things.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BumpyBoo  Moderator

This newer work is wonderful too, I really do love your art style.So distinctive, you have so much talent ^_^

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone. Thanks again for the kind words. So the project I mentioned a while ago in the last thread I made was for my very first comic gig. I did a short story called "Puzzled" in issue 3 of the Hellraiser Bestiary series. I got to draw Pinhead and a bit of gore, so there's that. The book comes out this Wednesday. Words cannot begin to express how excited I am about this! Here's the preview for it.

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hearsay
No Caption Provided

Here's some Spider-Verse fan art, one of the many works in progress that will be stashed away for eternity.

PrimelyGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing work.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers