DC 2099 #17 - HAWKMAN

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By payno

For this contest I'd like to see everyones 2099 version of HAWKMAN. 

Deadline is 26th June.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O
@payno:  One of my favorite characters.  Sweet choice and a challenge as well. 
SteveRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SteveRodgers

nice, cant wait

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By spawndon
@payno: a great character choice
foldingstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By foldingstar

Good choice. Have an idea, just wondering whether it will work...
KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KEROGA

awesome\interesting.
payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By payno
HAWKMAN 2099
No Caption Provided
Zandar Lyn is half Human, half Thanagarian. His Father was a Thanagarian exiled to Earth, his Mother was Human.
Zandar's Father died when he was very young but his Mother told him of his alien origins. When he grew up, Zandar decided he wanted to find out more about his alien heritage so he travelled to Thanagar. Unknown to Zandar he travelled there carrying a virus. The virus was normally harmless but  his unique phisiology had caused the virus to mutate and it was now deadly to Thanagarians, although Zandar himself was immune thanks to his Human DNA.
Within 2 years the virus had spread across the planet killing the entire population. Racked with guilt over what had happened Zandar decided it was his responsibilty to find and reunite any surviving Thanagarians and try to save the species from complete extinction. Taking the name "Hawkman" he equipped himself with energy enhanced Nth metal armour and set off across the galaxy in search of the last surviving Thanagarian people.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonis

@payno: again I'm finding myself all pumped up to jump in after seeing your entry. That is a KILLER concept design Payno, that armor is the freakin bomb :)

Kick ass weapon too, this ones is very inspiring.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_
@payno Id pick up a book with that character. FreKimg awesome back story.
KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KEROGA

my Hawkman 2099,Colors are BLACK&GOLD( white parts are suppose to be gold).

DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DomDom

Totally wicked entries! =)
Spidermayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spidermayne
@Payno would you mind giving the rest of us a chance to win? :P
SteveRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SteveRodgers

KEROGA
that is an awesome drawing.
PAYNO
yours looks pharaoh-ish, which is a nice touch

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tonis

@KEROGA: nice design work on the costume and great job on the mask, looks authentic and futuristic all in one :)

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Decept-O
@payno: Does he walk like an Egyptian?  Sorry couldn't help myself with that one.  
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spawndon
@Decept-O said:
@payno: Does he walk like an Egyptian?  Sorry couldn't help myself with that one.  
that great song!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Decept-O

This isn't complete, I need to add some things but wanted to post it now while I could. 

In 2099, the Nth Metal is siphoned off Hawkman  by the reincarnated spirit of Montezuma, who has arrived back on Earth to reclaim his former throne at any cost.  Montezum ends up killing Carter Hall, and integrates the Nth Metal into the body he has reincorporated from his burial ground. The Nth Metal is reshaped and reformed into razor sharp wings and feathers, and enables Montezuma to not only fly but to slice his enemies with the sharpened metal feathers.  Truly, this is now the time for Montezuma's revenge!! 

No Caption Provided
DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DomDom
@Decept-O
yyyoww!  nice -O!   
I'm in love with the way you drew the mask and hoody/helmet thing! 
Really good! =) 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tonis

@Decept-O: holy crap, how'd I miss this, there's been so many threads in the last week I'm slipping.

Dude, that's a bad ass design, and you made him look intense, almost as much as your Batman last week.

That's a Hawkman I'd like to see in a Vertigo type line or something more dark, it'd fit so perfect. :)

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@payno

That is one futuristic Hawkman, awesome. 

@Decept-O:  
I'm with Dom on this, I am digging that helmet, nice work.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Decept-O
@EGoD: Thanks. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tonis

Here's my take on Hawky in 90 years. I always liked him as a warrior, and I figure no matter what year it is he's gonna be sporting something nasty to swing at villains :)

No Caption Provided
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By frischdvh

It had been ten years since the Thanagarian occupation of Earth had ended. What started as a war between the planets of Thanagar and Rann turned into the enslavement of the human race. In a desperate attempt to keep their planet from falling into the hands of the Thanagarians, the people of Rann began “Zeta-bombing” the cities of Thanagar. The cities would then teleport and materialize on Earth, sometimes with disastrous, even destructive results. When the capital of Thanagar, Thalrassa, was Zeta-bombed, the unthinkable happened. The city was to large to sustain through a Zeta-beam, in an instant two planets were blinked out of existence.   

The cities that survived the process started to integrate themselves into their surroundings. They tried their best to share their technology with Earth while trying to find a way back to Thanagar. When news broke of Thanagar and Rann’s demise, revolution broke out. Led by the anarchist Hro Talak , the ten united cities of Thanagar joined forces. With superior technology and strategic positioning around the world, the Thanagarians were able to topple the Earth’s ruling governments. They also outlawed and disposed of most of the Earth’s heroes.

Awakening in an ancient sarcophagus in Egypt, a lone man walked the perimeter of what was supposed to be his final destination. He was alive once again. Adorning the far wall hung a unique set of Thanagarian armor. He remembered the last time he saw it, shortly before he “died”. In the middle of the room perched an Oracle stand. The stand was crafted for the JLA and the JSA. It would allow telepathic download of information collected from the world’s news sources   straight into his brain. At least, that is how the Batman explained it to him so long ago. It seems the Batman had the foresight to realize that he would be back.

He touched the Oracle and it erupted. He saw how the Thanagarians invaded Earth and took over, the war and subsequent hunt of the heroes. The Earth needed him. He donned the armor and grabbed an energy mace and took to the skies: Hawkman had returned.  

Hro Talak, who had taken to calling himself the Golden Pharaoh, reigning from the world capital in Cairo Egypt, announced that he would begin the rite of   accension essentially adding him to the Thanagarian pantheon of gods. The Outsiders  collided with Thanagarian forces at the ceremony, and defeated the Golden Pharaoh. In a last ditch attempt, the Pharaoh struck out at Robin, Batman jumped in front of him, sacrificing his own life.

The Golden Pharaoh had absorbed Batman’s lifeforce. He stood empowered again. Smiting the Outsiders one by one, the Pharaoh poised himself for victory. He strode to the fallen Adam Batson (the secret identity of Adam Marvel). Raising the Scarab staff he prepared to take Adam’s lifeforce. Hawkman burst forth from the skies blocking the staff’s energy with his Nth metal mace. Hawkman put up a valiant effort, but was weakening under the pressure of superior force.   Adam struggled to his feet and muttered…..”SHAZAM!”

Lightning struck, as the smoke cleared and vision returned, there stood plain old Adam Batson unchanged by the Wizard’s magical lightning. But, in front of him, the Hawkman rose, his helmet having come off in the lightning strike.   Standing before the Pharaoh he spoke “ Thanagarian, your terror is ended, so says Teth Adam….the Hawkman!” And with the speed of Heru, the former Black Adam snapped the neck of the Golden Pharaoh.  

Since the ending of the occupation, Thanagarians have gone on to colonize Saturn and even start friction with the new colonies on MARS. Some Thanagarians who chose to stay behind are now becoming the targets of racist attacks. Robin left the Outsiders (which became the new JLA) and formed the Birds of Prey with Black Canary, Hawkman and Hawkgirl. They now fights for justice for Thanagarians and humans combined.

Hawkman 2099:

His mask provides protection and a filtered rebreathing system in conjunction with telescopic, thermal, UV, and x-ray vision.

His Nth metal armor and wings provide protection and flight capabilities.

He has a mace composed of five discs suspended by an energy field that connects them.

Hawkman retaines the stamina of Shu, the speed of Heru, the strength of Amon, the wisdom of Zehuit, the power of Aton, and the courage of Mehen.

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spawndon
@FrischDVH: wow, great story, cool character!
so much to say, you are simply very talented sir!
Spidermayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spidermayne
@FrischDVH Dayyum
deadpool1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26  Edited By deadpool1109
@FrischDVH: As usual my friend, you amaze me with the terrific artwork, backed by an impressive story!! I tip my hat to you!
payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By payno