User Lists: 6

#1 shatterstar  Moderator
DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

@shatterstar: So, to participate, i have to draw a character and write what's his origin is. Or do i haven't present the character here and post a scan of a page where i drew his origin?

And are the any rules Apart that? Or do i have to create a character on a special subejct or something?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 shatterstar  Moderator

@drfate said:

@shatterstar: So, to participate, i have to draw a character and write what's his origin is. Or do i haven't present the character here and post a scan of a page where i drew his origin?

And are the any rules Apart that? Or do i have to create a character on a special subejct or something?

Either of those paths are fine with me, only one piece will be submitted for voting though. Only other rules are work needs to be 100% your own making (unless collaborating with another CV member) and needs to be started/completed within the time of the contest.

Create a character whose origin is any of the listed origins on the tvtropes page. Hope that clears any confusion, if there's anymore questions or if this idea just sucks entirely please let me know and we'll shoot again.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

f00lkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By f00lkiller

Powers origin: Descendant of Gilgamesh, a "demigod"

T.V. trope: genetic affinity

Character origin: Him and his parents moved to the U.S. when he was a child, in 2001. A few days after 9/11, a group of men in an alcohol fueled bout of misguided "patriotism" killed my character's father. The death of his father inspired him to become a social activist as well as a super hero.

Costume design: Since the early days of his heroics, my character has always had an omega theme and has always covered his whole body, believing it was best if no one knew his race. However, this backfired when he encountered a group of neo-nazis that gained their sense of superiority partially from the assumption that my character was also white. After that enounter, my character incorporated an ankh-like shape into his costume and informed the public that he was from Egypt.

No Caption Provided
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

This leaves plenty of open choices.

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By payno

My chosen trope is:

"Give them something to compensate for a disability." - "A character is born with or acquires some handicap that prevents him from functioning normally. However, due to phlebotinum exposure or training, he develops something that not only makes up for what's missing, but goes beyond it."

Charles Walker was watching a raging battle between The Wrecking Crew and the Avengers from a nearby building. As the fighting heroes and villains ripped through the building during the fight, a gas main was ruptured and an explosion tore through the building. Charles was caught in the explosion and the blast tore off his left arm. In the aftermath the building partially collapses and crushes his right arm, the trama of which triggers his latent mutant telekinetic powers, an uncontrolled burst of telekinetic energy saves him from being buried alive under tons of rubble. He is later found by Captain America half buried in the ruins of the building, barely alive. He is rushed to hospital where he recovers over time.

Charles now disabled by the lose of both his arms has learned to control his telekinetic powers. He can focus his telekinetic enrgies to form replacement arms for himself, giving him superhuman strength. When not focusing his powers to create his arms, he can use his telekinetic powers to influence/manipulate/move objects and matter, but he can not do both. The concentration needed to maintain his telekinetic arms is so great that he cannot use his powers for anything else at the same time.

Calling himself Adjunct, Charles has vowed to use his powers to fight for good.

No Caption Provided

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shatterstar  Moderator

About a day to go, if anyone has an entry ready to go don't forget to submit it. Thanks to both entrants so far, nicely done.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9  Edited By Decept-O

While working as the custodian and groundskeeper for a local TV station, Freddie P. Fomax was preparing to mow the grounds. Prior to doing this, he had to pick up some debris from the grounds.

He noticed something in the grass. Green Rocks.They were interesting and pretty, so he decided to pocket one. After all, it was just a rock.

As he was mowing the grass, an unexpected storm started to form. He knew he had to hurry up and put the mowing equipment away. However, before he could move, a bolt of lightning struck the TV station's broadcast dish and channeled down into Freddie, hitting the green rock in his pocket. He had been struck by lightning.

He was rendered unconscious but when he awoke, he noticed a change had occurred. He was no longer in a human form, but one comprised of flowers, branches, weeds, and foliage. His skin had become like bark. He arose and noticed he was able to make the grass, weeds, and flowers merge with his body.

He then went about town, hugging trees, giving flowers to people, and becoming a local celebrity. Despite his newly found fame and powers, he decided to "leave" town, struck out on his own, "branched out" and began to "weed out" crime wherever he went.

Doing so, he was able to alter his body into piles of leaves or hide among the bushes and trees, no one ever suspecting he existed. Doing so, he managed to leave little in terms of any "carbon foot prints."

He became Freddy the Foliage Phantom.

No Caption Provided

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

These were treemendous, thanks to everyone that took the time to enter. Voting thread is here.