Artist Show-Off Showdown #132: The All New Fantastic Four

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By frischdvh

Viewing through the Nexus of All Realities, I saw a universe where Reed, Ben, Johnny, and Sue never became the Fantastic Four. Thing is, there was still a group named the Fantastic Four. Who were they? That is the big question, and by no small coincidence, the subject of our next contest:

CREATE A NEW FANTASTIC FOUR!

Here are the rules:

1.) No member of the original Fantastic Four can be used.

2.) The characters must have a common denominator . (ie they are mutants, siblings, aliens, inhumans, all derive their power from armors)

3.) The characters must be existing characters in the Marvel Universe.

So did the Russians beat Reed into space? Did Four warring alien races designate their champions to a team to monitor the Earth? Did Professor X create a team more Fantastic than Uncanny? It is your turn to decide!

Contest ends May 1st.

Please Pin @shatterstar

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

So, we have to create a team a la FF but with other Marvel characters...right?

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: Yes. With a common denominator, such as they are all cyborgs. They all got their powers from alien races. Something like that.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome. I will be unable to draw something for this, but I'd be happy to share some ideas in case anyone wants to try drawing them.

Also, the original NF4 didn't really have anything in common.

Comicman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

In this universe the Fantastic Four consists of Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Spider-Woman (Gwen Stacy), Spectrum (Monica Rambeau) and Beast (Hank McCoy).

A lawyer, a photographer, a police lieutenant and a scientist, they were the willing subjects of Project Fantastic that granted them unique and uncanny abilities.

In this universe Beast is a mutate rather than a mutant, same goes for the rest.

No Caption Provided

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicman1000 said:

No Caption Provided

In this universe the Fantastic Four consists of Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Spider-Woman (Gwen Stacy), Spectrum (Monica Rambeau) and Beast (Hank McCoy).

A lawyer, a photographer, a police lieutenant and a scientist, they were the willing subjects of Project Fantastic that granted them unique and uncanny abilities.

In this universe Beast is a mutate rather than a mutant, same goes for the rest.

No Caption Provided

This is SOOOOO sick!

(adopts fake voice) He looks sick! She looks sick! This whole FORUM looks sick!

Comicman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here's my (joke) entry. I do believe I'll enter a real one, though Frisch inspired me to do this some time ago, and I will be writing it. Thanks man.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Uncanny_XFactor
No Caption Provided

These 4 come from a world where Peter Parker took the place of Johnny Storm on the flight leading them into space. As such, he would gain the pyrokinesis destined for Johnny Storm, in addition to his spider-powers. He was an inspired member of the Fantastic Four. However, he was later accused of murdering Johnny Storm. He crafted four identities to scour the criminal underworld for the true killer. With the help of Dusk, Prodigy, Hornet, and Ricochet, he discovered that though he was suicidal, the true killer was Hydro-Man. He later gave these identities to four youths who had seen him as Peter changing into or out of these identities. (They were the Slingers of 616.) They rose up as the Fearsome Foursome. However, the Fantastic Four were soon trapped in the Negative Zone alongside Dr. Strange as the result of an attack by Annihilus. The public sought for the Fearsome Foursome. Little did they know that the Foursome had been murdered by Annihilus as a way of tying up loose ends. Four young warriors would take the mantles and roles of the Fantastic Four up, as Reed and Sue retired, and Peter and Ben formed the Heroes for Hire.

Pictured above (clockwise from upper left) Ricochet (Robert Baldwin), Prodigy (Dwayne Taylor), Dusk (Tandy Bowen), and Hornet (Vance Astrovik): the Fantastic Four of Earth-4544!

Comicman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny_xfactor: Awesome story, and I thought the Slingers deserved more respect, especially Prodigy because his suit is one of my favorite superhero costumes.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicman1000 said:

@uncanny_xfactor: Awesome story, and I thought the Slingers deserved more respect, especially Prodigy because his suit is one of my favorite superhero costumes.

Thank you so much! I came up with it in the half-hour before I began drawing and after I got the idea. He does have a cool costume. Glad you like, and so far you've definitely got my vote (well, you HAVE to, but you know what I mean. :P)

Comicman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6
No Caption Provided

When its Watcher, UATU, feared that Earth 7953 would be invaded by extraterrestrial foes, without a Fantastic Four to protect it. He called upon the superpowers and armed forces of the Galaxy to provide a Defensive force. The four powers; The Kree, the Skrulls, The Nova Corps and Asgard each provided a champion. In the forms of Captain Mar-vell, Kl'rt, Richard Rider (Nova) and Brunhilde (Valkyrie), However the Skrull champion Kl'rt (also known as the Superskrull on Earth 1 and possessing the powers of Spiderman, Dracula and Cyclops) was liasing with a Skrull invasion beachhead that had infiltrated the planet.

On Earth these four intergallactic powers became known as The Fantasic Four and soon this foursome of heroes were deferred to by this team name in the press and internationally when they bravely saved New York and the Earth from enemies such as The Mole man, The Silver Surfer, and The Molecule man.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6: Sweet entry, I was hoping somebody would make a fanfic like that. Awesome work.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @uncanny_xfactor.

This comp is definitely yielding some wacky out of the box results.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

cewl

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This Unlikely Fantastic Four consists of Captain America (Steve Rogers, the one and only), Moon Knight (Marc Spector), Agant Venom (Flash Thompson) and Black Panther (T'Challa). They where all exposed to Cosmic Rays during an investigation trip to the Moon on Spector's ship, gainig new powers and abilities.

Sorry for the terrible coloring guys ;P

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This Unlikely Fantastic Four consists of Captain America (Steve Rogers, the one and only), Moon Knight (Marc Spector), Agant Venom (Flash Thompson) and Black Panther (T'Challa). They where all exposed to Cosmic Rays during an investigation trip to the Moon on Spector's ship, gainig new powers and abilities.

Sorry for the terrible coloring guys ;P

Interesting, what are their powers?

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frischdvh: Any chance you could extend the deadline a day or two? It would give me a chance to finish my entry.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Me too please .Could you extend the deadline abit.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Uncanny_XFactor
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frischdvh: Yeah, that should be plenty time. Thanks.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I wanted to do a FF that were all cases of accidental power gain. Hulk, Spider-man, and Daredevil were all I could come up with. I thought Ghost Rider Danny Ketch would work, but that wasn't really an accident, he just sorta found a medallion if memory serves. Then I thought "Iron man, DUH!". But sadly I don't have time to really work on it. I'm knee deep into something else at the moment.

Good luck to the entrants though. Can't wait to see what Payno and Keroga come up with! :)

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my entry; an all-villain Fantastic Four, featuring Electro, Juggernaut, Dr Doom and Enchantress.

No Caption Provided

"In a world where almost everyone with superpowers has been wiped out, the last four remaining superpowered people (ironically villains), band together to defend the planet from a global threat. Taking the name Fantastic Four, Electro, Juggernaut, Dr Doom and Enchantress put their villianous ways behind them and become heroes when the world needs them most."

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RamsIllustrations  Online
KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

my quick sketch. The Four Kings who were appointed to guard earth after the retirement of the Original Members.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @ramsillustrations. I really didn't like it at first but it's kind of grown on me a little since.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the new ideas, really sweet @mofetaclueca.

@keroga: Who's far left? I see BB, BP, and Doom, but is that Magneto or Quicksilver?

Mofetaclueca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I had already made this post, but I wasn't really satisfied with the cuality of the scanning, so I resolved the problem and uploaded it again. This is an international group of mutants, Warpath from United States, Sunfire from Japan, Sasquatch from Canada and Darkstar from Russia

No Caption Provided

Mofetaclueca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frischdvh: I just realized that mine technically doesn't follow your rules because Reed, Sue, Ben, and Peter initially were the 4, despite the modern incarnation. Does it still qualify?

Also, will you be entering?

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, uh... voting thread?