Follow

Firestorm

Character » Firestorm appears in 1152 issues.

Originally a composite being, Firestorm had power over fire and heat, and could alter the atomic structure of objects

Firestorm Respect Thread

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
    TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I can't believe nobody has made a respect thread on Firestorm yet.

Anyway, this thread will be dedicated to all versions of Firestorm; New 52, Pre 52, Elemental, Pre Crisis and what have you.

I'll get it started.

Also, does anyone know when we're allowed to post more than twice in a row? Because I've seen people do it but right now I can't.

I'll post some more images when I get the time, but I think this is a good way to start.

No Caption Provided

Anyway, I will be using the following symbols to indicate what the scan is about, and if you contribute, please do the same.

• T = Transmutation
    • S = Strength or Speed
    • P = Striking Power
    • D = Durability
    • F = Fighting Prowess
    • R = Respect by Other Characters
    • O = Other
    No Caption Provided

(T) Çountdown to Infinite Crisis - Firestorm creates a solid Titanium cage for an OMAC

(T) Countdown to Infinite Crisis - All throughout the OMAC's body, Firestorm transmutes nanobots (IIRC) into water on a molecular level

(P) Post-Crisis Justice League - Tyrant Tornado (the evil aspect of Red Tornado) was effortlessly defeating Hal, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Superman in their Post-Crisis versions; Firestorm, while weakened, oneshots this same guy.

More to come.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(F) Jason trades blows with an amped Kalibak - it's important to note that a few pages earlier, Kalibak effortlessly defeated Orion in two panels. So is Firestorm stronger or more skilled than more Orion? I'll leave that to you to decide.

No Caption Provided

(D) In the New 52 Ronnie and Jason were for a time two separate Firestorms... here a hulking monster the size of a house slams them both full force, and they both just get back up.

No Caption Provided

(T) (S) Maybe my favorite Firestorm feat ever - Firestorm is able to not only react to the Omega Beams (in the previous page he was able to think 2 sentences after the beam was fired), but is also able to make a sort of tube to redirect them. To my knowledge nothing has ever manipulated the Omega Beams in this manner. We all know how fast and powerful the OB is.

No Caption Provided

(T) It's a common misconception that Firestorm is unable to transmute organic matter. However, as seen here, this is entirely false. Here Black Lantern Ronnie Raymond, with Jason in the matrix with him, transmutes Gehenna, Jason GF, into salt. Bitchin'.

These are the speed feats I use when I'm debating with FS. In the first one, Firestorm keeps up with Barry Allen, and he does (to some extent) in the actual issue as well. In the second one, he tags Cheetah, although it is important to know that he caught her by surprise. However, she was at an angle in which she should have been able to see him through the corner of her eye.

The third and fourth are about Zeta Radiation, which Firestorm can make. Zeta Radiation is what is used in the Zeta Beams, and they allow the user to travel great distance (4.5 light years!!!) in the blink of an eye. So in a way they could be used as BFR.

More to come.

Also can someone bump this because I can't post twice in a row.

To the mods, I asked JediXMan and he said it was 3 scans per issue, so if I were to take full page scans from different issues that would be OK? If not please don't lock, I'll edit them.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hello there :D

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thenewbluebeetle007: I'd recommend putting as many scans as possibly in spoilers. The new scan rule also applies to respect threads as far as I know, you wouldn't want all the hard work to be deleted.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Princearagorn1: Jedi x man told me that it's 3 full page scans PER ISSUE, so I think I'm fine

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice Thread!!!!

You definitely know your Firestorm

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm back!!!!!

No Caption Provided

(D) Firestorm creates shields to block both Killer Frost and Dr. Light. And this is after he was poisoned by Joker venom modified specifically for him.

No Caption Provided

(T) (F) PC Firestorm momentarily takes on the entire Justice League - trapping Zatanna in an anti-magic bubble and Superman in a kryptonite one.

(T) Firestorm vs Parademons: Jason creates a wormhole to BFR the parademons, and also creates a Dragon to combat them and a fan to blow them away.

(O) Firestorm absorbs Lorraine Reilly (Firehawk) into the Matrix. In the Matrix, he is in control. This is shown when he brings a gang leader into the matrix and turns his brain to putty.

No Caption Provided

(O) Firestorm also has the ability to take a metahuman's powers away... as shown when Deathstorm (Earth 3 Firestorm in the New 52) takes away Captain Cold's powers, and when Firestorm takes away the powers of Killer Frost (keep in mind he was the one that amped her in the first place).

More to come.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trickyman86: now :D

No Caption Provided

(T) Firestorm can create anything, so long as he knows its structure. Here he makes a gun.

No Caption Provided

(T) This is when Dr. Megara hijacked the Firestorm power.... we see that he's easily mountain level, as he transmutes Mount Rushmore.

No Caption Provided

(S) (T) Firestorm manages to tag Kid Flash, punching him - he then turns his shoes into slippers so that Bart can't run away. I believe Bart was only hypersonic at the time, though I could be wrong.

No Caption Provided

(O) Firestorm is able to see across different dimensional spectrums, so he can see invisible opponents.

No Caption Provided

(D) This is a GREAT feat. Not only does a Firestorm who had just gotten out of the hospital take down the entire Legion of Doom, but while he's weakened, his shields tank Killer Frost's and Dr. Light's blasts, casually.... in that same arc, Dr. Light put the hurt on SUPERMAN.

No Caption Provided

(T) One of the reasons I love Firestorm is that he's not afraid to get his hands dirty... here he turns a guy's clothes to barbed wire. Could you honestly think of a more gruesome way to torture someone without killing them?

No Caption Provided

(O) Firestorm has the power to alter his size.

I'll post more when I feel like it, but I'm gone for a few days after this, so maybe a week or so later.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
    deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@thenewbluebeetle007: Fantastic. Firestorm has been one of my favourite characters in DC. Pity that he is quite underrated compared to A listers.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithlantern93: I agree whole heartedly. If FS used all of his powers he'd be more powerful than silver surfer

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: eh I've gotten kinda lazy with respect threads. I was going to make one for jade as well but got kinda bored.

If you want more feats though you can check out some of my other debates

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Static Shock

No Caption Provided

(T) It's a common misconception that Firestorm is unable to transmute organic matter. However, as seen here, this is entirely false. Here Black Lantern Ronnie Raymond, with Jason in the matrix with him, transmutes Gehenna, Jason GF, into salt. Bitchin'.

It's not a misconception at all. Ronnie isn't able to transmute organic matter. He was only able to do so here because he was sharing the Firestorm Matrix with Jason (who possesses the ability to transmute organic matter while he was Firestorm).

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: I was literally gonna say inb4TNBB LOL. For some reason I dind think you made this... -_-

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I'm fully aware of the difference between Ronnie and Jason when it comes to organic transmutation. However, I've seen many people say that no version of Firestorm can transmute organic matter, which is why I said it's a common misconception

@thenewbluebeetle007: I was literally gonna say inb4TNBB LOL. For some reason I dind think you made this... -_-

this isn't one of my better respect thread though, lol. I was going to create a re-vamped version, but never got the time unfortunately.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@static_shock: I'm fully aware of the difference between Ronnie and Jason when it comes to organic transmutation. However, I've seen many people say that no version of Firestorm can transmute organic matter, which is why I said it's a common misconception

Ah, okay. Understood.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.