Follow

Darth Maul

Character » Darth Maul appears in 153 issues.

A Nightbrother from Dathomir, Maul was the first Sith apprentice of Sidious. Maul was sent to fight the Jedi Knights Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan during the Invasion of Naboo. Even though he was defeated by Kenobi and believed dead, the fallen Sith apprentice returned years later during the Clone Wars to seek revenge. Later he founded the crime syndicates Shadow Collective and Crimson Dawn. Darth Maul is also the brother of Savage Opress and son of Mother Talzin.

Darth Maul Respect Thread

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LmDarthMaul999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good respect thread!

You can maybe add some feats from SoD? or did I look over them

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VERY NICE!

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@erkan12: great work. I may have seen another darth maul respect thread somewhere don't remember but you did great. I always knew Maul was the baddest of them all.

LmDarthMaul999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 maybe you can mention (with the gif where darth maul blasts obi-wan on florrum) that he was to fast for obi-wan : because that scene is very simillar as the one in RotS where dooku is to fast for obi-wan and force chokes him (in the novel it is discribed as to fast) so same situation because after obi-wan cut off savage's arm, he attacked maul but maul was to fast and used force blast

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the ILS wont see it. This is probably the longest respect thread for SW character on this site.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erkan12
    Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice !!!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

amazing

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice but using those deleted scenes from CW was kind of a cop out, i mean they were deleted for a reason

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erkan12

@xargo: Because they had only a limited time for the show, and there are unseen scenes in the duel.

Loading Video...

What do you think happened between 2:12 and 2:14 ?

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: and the fact theres no way maul could have broken, through his former masters force barriers,

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always considered maul to be the best swordsmaster. The only character I could think of who could maybe fight his swordsmanship was general greivious. Movies anyway. The series was a bit different but even then he was within the top. Even yoda had trouble fighting the lord sidious so it's obvious mauls a master. I think if force powers (shove, choke, lightning, etc) were left out he'd be the best fighter ever. Although I did learn of a master swordsman jedi supposedly the best.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Updated from ; Shattered Empire 03 (2015) & Fact File 061 (2015)

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zapan871

@erkan12: Here's some Force knowledge hype for Maul:

Mighella attempts to use an energized sword to stop Darth Maul, then surprises him with a burst of Force Lightning. A moment after Mighella realizes her opponent is a Sith Lord with far superior dark-side knowledge, she is felled by a lethal slash of Maul's lightsaber.

-- The Ultimate Visual Guide

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erkan12

Nice, thanks for bringing it.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Since you gave me something about Vader, I'll also provide you with some Maul hype from a canon sourcebook.

One of the deadliest, most efficiently trained Sith in the Order's history, Darth Maul's tattooed face is as symbolic of his utter devotion to the dark side, as it is marking his hatred of the Jedi.

-- Ultimate Star Wars

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kgb725

Can someone answer me a question on a scale of 1 to 10 how powerful would he be ?

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: He'd be a two, right under Kanan.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Nah, Kanan's just that strong. ;)

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Can someone answer me a question on a scale of 1 to 10 how powerful would he be ?

High end of tier 8, or bottom of the tier 9, it depends on your list.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AdmiralLogic

Nice! Couldn't read it all though.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Profiteer Palmistry

I think what makes Darth Maul so scary is that he represents an interest to use insidiousness as a form of governance criticism.

While other Sith lords also share this viewpoint (such as Sidious and Revan), Maul seems to practice what he preaches, creating an aura of ruthlessness based on a profiteerism-driven intention to simply win.

That's why I like comparing Darth Maul to the comic book super-villain Penguin (DC Comics), a wily and creepy nemesis of Batman who resembles a penguin and possesses inhuman instincts geared towards undeniable profit.

Penguin

No Caption Provided

Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude i love this. Maul is the most criminally under used character not just in the prequels but in cinematic history. Son of dathomir is one of my favorite comic book series.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By ViperSixteen

@erkan12 Here's something that's definitely worth adding. Dave Filoni stated in the Lawless Featurette that if Obi-Wan seizes his anger and hatred on Maul, meaning that if Obi-Wan uses these emotions to fight Maul, he won't win and he knows this. Here's the Source:

"In that critical moment... He cannot seize on his anger and his hatred - For Maul. Though that's probably there, deep within. He can't seize on it or Maul will win, he knows that"

Loading Video...

And In the Resurrection Comic, Darth Vader himself considers TPM Darth Maul a well trained Sith Apprentice, showing respect for TPM Maul's talents.

Darth Vader: Someone taught your lessons well.

No Caption Provided

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@erkan12: really nice respect thread. Maul is my favorite star wars character so nice to see a thorough respect thread for.

Also may I ask which of those comics are part of the New Star Wars canon?

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212

I haven't noticed that before, nice catch.

Also may I ask which of those comics are part of the New Star Wars canon?

Son of Dathomir and Shattered Empire.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ViperSixteen

@erkan12: I checked your thread again, and there are some TPM Maul feats I didn't find when I double checked it so I decided to find some more feats for you, although you might already have a few of them because I could have missed a few without knowing. Any way here are some more feats for you to include:

Telekinesis

• TPM Maul also uses the Force to move a heavy boulder which was 8 metres away without even gesturing or looking at it and then there's a noise that's described as a "loud thud" which Maul ignores, but decides to release the boulder after hearing it.

"On Railtiir, at the site of what had only recently been the Bartokks' fortress, Darth Maul used the Force to lift a heavy boulder from a pile of rubble. Maul had used the Sith Infiltrator's sensors to scan the fortress ruins for any sign of C-3PX. The sensors penetrated deep below the collapsed floors and fallen walls, searching for any trace of metal that might belong to the golden assassin droid. Now, Maul found himself sifting through the area of what had been a chamber near the fortress's dungeon. Maul did not watch the boulder as it levitated away through the air, and he ignored the loud thud, eight meters away, that sounded as he released the boulder from his power." - Episode I Adventures: The Fury of Darth Maul.

• TPM Maul has also uses the Force to hurl "guests" and "workers" out of his way, and then later uses the Force as a battering ram to shove his way through a "hapless press of street people" in order to quickly pass through a crowd.

"Maul deactivated both blades. He reached out with his free hand, and the holocron leapt from the dead Hutt's grasp into his own. Stuffing it into a belt compartment, he turned and ran from the room. At the top of the stairs he plunged recklessly through the gambling chamber, hurling guests and workers aside with savage Force-laden gestures. He reached the street and paused, looking first one way, then another for his prey. Pavan and the droid were not in sight. Maul gritted his teeth. They would not be permitted to slip away again! One way or another, he was determined to end this chore. It had already gone on far too long. He sought the dark side once more, bade it illuminate the path his quarry had taken. Then he began to move, shoving his way through the hapless press of street people. Though his appearance alone was enough to cause most of the hard cases on the street to give him a wide berth, his progress was still too slow. Enough of this! Maul thought. He unleashed the Dark Side, using the Force like a battering ram against those who got in his way." - Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

• TPM Maul uses Telekinesis to throw a rusty power wrench and a bucket of old fasteners from a worktable at Darsha Assant in conjunction with Lightsaber and Teras Kasi.

"The Sith apprentice launched a simultaneous attack, using the Force to throw a rusty power-wrench and a bucket of old fasteners from a worktable at her as he launched himself forward, Lightsaber dancing a variant of a teräs käsi Death Weave." - Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

• TPM Maul Uses a Telekinetic Lightsaber throw while leaping from a speeder.

"One speeder bike was ahead of the other. Maul deactivated one of his lightsaber’s blades and hurled it toward the first of the oncoming speeders like a spear. It pierced the officer’s armored chest while the Sith, again assisted by the Force, jumped from the descending PCBU toward the other officer. By the time he had landed on the speeder his Light Saber had rejoined him." - Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

Speed

• TPM Maul dodges a freight train that was moving towards him over 100 kilometres per hour, if you convert that into miles it's 62 mph.

"He landed lightly. The entire tunnel was shaking as with the roar of some titanic beast. Maul looked up to see a driverless freight transport bearing down on him at better than one hundred kilometers an hour. Anyone else, even a trained athlete raised in a heavier gravity field, would have been crushed to paste. But Maul seized the Force, let it whip him up and to the side as if he were attached to a giant elastic band. The metal behemoth missed him by millimetres." - Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

• TPM Maul fights several squads of Battle Droids by either speed blitzing them or deflecting blaster bolts, 1 squad is made up of 8 Battle Droids, and Maul was fighting several more squads of Battle Droids too. And in the process, Maul would have been deflecting their blaster fire at multiple angles.

"Calling his long lightsaber to his hand, he made short work of the squad, decapitating them with his blade or exploding them by deflecting blaster bolts back at them. The brief altercation drew several more patrols, the members of which he similarly dismembered." - End Game.

• TPM Maul fights through a 20 meter lines worth of Gungan soldiers, slicing them in half or decapitating them, he would have been deflecting dozens of blaster bolts from multiple angles in the process due to the amount of Gungans there were attacking Maul on different fronts.

"Some of the Gungan riders saw him coming and took aim. Maul twisted his body, either evading flights of energy lances and spheres or fending them off with the lightsaber. Letting go of the STAP when he was still twenty meters from Ganne and the general, he called on the Force to send himself tearing through a score of mounted Gungans. It was clear that they had never seen anything like him. But then, who had? What Sith in the past thousand years had been allowed to wield a lightsaber in open battle? Was that in itself not enough to qualify him as a true Sith?

The rubbery Gungans all but disintegrated at the touch of the twin blades Maul had hoped to reserve for the Jedi. Their billed heads flew in all directions. His slashes halved them down the middle or through the midsection, and they squawked as they died. Their nostrils flared and their eyes bulged from their heads, and the white sand beach grew puddled with their blood. Maul maneuvered closer to Ganne, cutting the legs out from under the Gungans’ mounts or impaling them on his lightsaber. He launched himself into the air when he was still five meters from the Boss and the general. The latter lost his head to one of the blades, and Ganne was knocked from his mount by Maul’s extended left hand." - End Game.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated with @yousufkhan1212 's Force feats, and one more addition to the stamina feats.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Erkan12

@yousufkhan1212: Well, Maul also says that ''such an attack was a sign of desperation'' obviously someone like Maul could've deflected a simple Force attack as he did there, but still it might be worth adding it due to the impact of the attack. Thanks anyway.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Found another feat for you to add.

- In spite of being cut in half, disrupting his concentration, and falling down a reactor shaft that would've disrupted it even further and cloud his vision, Maul still manages to use the Force to guide his own body down the reactor shaft to find an air vent.

"Maul grunted involuntarily as every nerve in his body went into shock. His vision blurred and he blinked his eyes, trying to regain his focus. He wanted to fight back. He wanted to slay Obi-Wan, but his body would not obey him. Оbi-Wan slid out of his range of vision, and then Maul saw the chamber's ceiling. He realized he was falling backwards into the core.

No.

And as he fell, the upper half of his body separated from the lower.

No.

As his remains tumbled down the generator shaft, he kept his eyes open and fought to remain conscious. But then his head struck the shaft's wall, and everything went dark.

No!

His mind screamed. Despite everything he had learned about death and duty from his Master, Maul knew he was not yet ready to die. Not after so many years of training, and with so much more to accomplish. Not so long as he still had so much hatred within him.

Оbi-Wan ruined me!

He willed himself to see. A moment later, his vision returned. The shaft's walls were a disorienting blur. Across the shaft he sighted his own black-clad legs, scissoring lifelessly at the air as they fell. He struggled to right his torso so he could see downward.

Can't die!

He fell past an oval shadow, and then a similar shadow raced by, along with a whooshing sound. Maul hoped that there was at least one more vent below, that it would be large enough to accommodate his diminished body. He extended his arms, and his left hand's fingertips suddenly burned with friction as they brushed against the cylindrical wall. Must live! Hoping, wishing, praying for one more air vent…

Must kill Obi-Wan!

He reached out with the Force." - The Wrath of Darth Maul.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Erkan12

@yousufkhan1212 said:

@erkan12: I didn't notice :/

Anyway, I think we've made it clear that even TPM Maul was a high-level Force user, if not a special one.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ViperSixteen

@erkan12: Definitely, the Force scream feat proves it because Maul was only 15 at the time, but I think the reason his other Force feats pale in comparism is because for 2 reasons:

1) Sidious didn't allow Maul to use the Force at full capacity because he needed to keep his Force signature concealed from the Jedi and remain undetected before the events of TPM, if Maul abused the Force on a consistent basis, the Sith would've been exposed.

2) Maul normally doesn't get the opportunity to use the Force at full capacity, only on rare occasions, and they haven't been tested to his absolute limits of what Maul is truly capable of.

In fact... I've been thinking about making a blog about TPM Maul's Force abilities and his use of them, I'll write it sometime, either in a few days or sometime next week because I've been planning this blog for quite some time gathering quotes, references, feats, Source Books etc.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: Well, for some reason I'm unable to respond in to you in your blog nor can I send you PMs.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: I'm not getting notifications from you for some unknown reason, and Comic Vine is glitching for me.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: And for me it just shows this:

No Caption Provided

The reply button in your blog also doesn't work and the comment box has completely disappeared.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.