Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batfamily ages

• 51 results
    Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can somebody inform me about rough idea of these chracters ages???

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aahz

Absolut age are a little bit tricky but the age differences look in My opinion like this:

pre new 52

Bruce is 15-18 years older than Dick

Dick is 6-8 Years older than Jason

Jason is 1-2 Years older than Tim (if you look at their first appearance in the 80es they could be the same age but this doesn't fit with the comics after Jasons return)

Tim is 6-7 Years older than Damian

Damian is around 10

Barbara is 2-3 Years older than Dick (in the Silver age she was afaik much older than him, so around 7 years)

Cass is roughly at the same age as Jason

Stephanie is 1 Year older than Tim.

new 52

Bruce is around 10 years older than Dick

Dick 1-3 years older than Jason

Jason is 1-2 Years older than Tim

Tim 5-7 Years older than Damian

Damian is around 10

Barbara is at Dicks age

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-52 Bruce was mid-thirties, maybe forties. Nightwing was mid-twenties and Jason was early twenties. Tim was 17-18 and Damian was 10.

New-52 Bruce is like, 15.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aahz

@nickzambuto said:

Jason was early twenties. Tim was 17-18

Jason can't be more than two Years older than Tim and is Younger than Cass. Cassandra 18th birthday was in Batgirl #37 (published in April, 2003), Tims 16th in Robin #116 (published in September 2003) and Jasons 18th in Detective Comics #790 (published in March, 2004). So he would be 18-20

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Hm, weird. I picture Jason being closer to Dick than Tim.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks like this in the newer Comics. But Dick was already an adult when Jason became Robin at an age around twelve.

Tim was already thirteen when he first appeared, and since Jasons carrear as robin was very short the differnce between both can't be so big. Based only on the old comics alone you could probably even justify Tim to be older than Jason.

But the time line never maked much sense. If whant to read something about it, i would recommend these two pages.

The Real Batman Chronology Project

The Unauthorized Chronology of the DC Universe

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody know how old Batwing (Luke Fox) and the new 52 Huntress are in comparison to the rest of the Batfamily?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: the only problem with your guesses is that Damian is really six. He was aged to have the body of a ten year old but he has only been alive for six years.

And I'm not sure about new 52 huntress, she seems about Tims age or maybe a year younger. Pre new 52 huntress was probably in her early twenties though

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aahz
    @jayc1324 said:

@aahz: the only problem with your guesses is that Damian is really six. He was aged to have the body of a ten year old but he has only been alive for six years.

Is this in both continuitys or only in new 52?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I believe it was stated that Bruce Wayne was 25 during the Zero Year storyline, so add five years to that and it would bring him to around 30-31 in present day storylines.

Damian was eleven when he died, and if does indeed return at the end of the current Robin Rises storyline, he'll probably be about 12 if we're counting this past year that he was technically dead.

Other than those two, I can't really say for the other Bat-Family members. I think Dick was sixteen when he first became Robin, which was during Batman's second year, so I'd say he's probably in his early twenties in present day stories, but I'm not 100% on that.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody knew the age of Luke Fox?

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Munsu

@aahz: The ages we know for certain are:

Dick was 21 at the start of the New 52 when he went back to being Nightwing.

Babs was 21 at the start of the New 52 as well.

Huntress/Helena Wayne was also 21 at the start of the reboot. As she was 16 when she came to the main Earth, which was 5 years ago. She is the same age as Powergirl.

I would guess that Luke Fox is also probably 21. That seems to be the age they like to stick everyone at.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aahz

I have tried make a list of the Birthdays based on the Comics published around the late 80s and early 90s when Batman was rebooted after crisis (basically everything from "Batman:Year one" to "A lonley Place of Dying" plus the relevant Issues of the Secret Origins Vol. 2) and the actual days of their Birth from other comics.

I end up with something like this (with an uncertainty of +/- 1 year).

Bruce: 19th February Year -25

Barbara: 23th September Year -12

Dick: 24th October Year -8

Tim: 19th July Year -1

Jason: 26th August Year -1

Stephanie: probably in Year -2 (a year older than Tim)

Damian: probably in Year 10 or 11 (Son of the Deamon is imo placed after Dicks leaves Gotham and Before Bruce mets Jason.)

Cassandra is hard to place since she was Introduced later but i would go for the 19th January of Year -1.

cant_catch_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Wayne, mid-late thirties. Dick Grayson, mid-twenties.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aahz

Does anybody know ho old Harper Row is? Around Tims Age or younger/older?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce 32

Grayson 23

Barbara 23

Jason 21

Tim 17

Damian 12

These are the ages of Batfamily in current time.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@aahz said:

Absolut age are a little bit tricky but the age differences look in My opinion like this:

pre new 52

Bruce is 15-18 years older than Dick

Dick is 6-8 Years older than Jason

Jason is 1-2 Years older than Tim (if you look at their first appearance in the 80es they could be the same age but this doesn't fit with the comics after Jasons return)

Tim is 6-7 Years older than Damian

Damian is around 10

Barbara is 2-3 Years older than Dick (in the Silver age she was afaik much older than him)

Cass is roughly at the same age as Jason

Stephanie is 1 Year older than Tim.

new 52

Bruce is around 10 years older than Dick

Dick 1-3 years older than Jason

Jason is 1-2 Years older than Tim

Tim 5-7 Years older than Damian

Damian is around 10

Barbara is at Dicks age

Pretty much this.

@aahz said:

Does anybody know ho old Harper Row is? Around Tims Age or younger/older?

i'd say she is around Tim's age.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right thing what i need for my project... just miss something ! Did anyone know Batwoman age ? :)

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aahz

I can only guess.

The original one (Kathy Kane) was probably supposed to the same age as Bruce.

For the new one (Kate Kane) i have no idea. Probably younger than Bruce and older then Barbara. But especially pre 52 it is hard to say since she was introduced very late in the continuity when ages and timeline didn't make much sense anymore.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dick 23

Barb 22

Jason 21

Tim 18

Damian 10

hotroddii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the new team took over with #35, its been stated over and over again that Barbara is officially 21 years old.

I think it was mentioned in Eternal that Stephanie Brown is in High School.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Pre-52 Bruce was mid-thirties, maybe forties. Nightwing was mid-twenties and Jason was early twenties. Tim was 17-18 and Damian was 10.

New-52 Bruce is like, 15.

Pre-reboot Bruce was 42.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I the comics published in the time frame around "War Games" the absolute ages of several embers of the Bat Family were given.

In this Comics the ages are

Dick: "Twenty something"

Cass: 18

Jason: 18

Stephanie: 16

Tim: 16

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In some cases I relay wonder if the author do any research when they publish ages. in some cases they just totally wrong. For example:

Somewhere in Streets of Gotham (published near the End of the old continuity) it is said that Bruce would be only 34 or 35, which would be less than ten years older than Dick.

When Holly becomes Catwoman it is said that she would not be much younger than Selina when she started as Catwoman, what means she is 19 or younger. But Holly was already 12 or 13 in Batman: Year One, so she should be around the age of Barbara Gordon.

James Gordon Jr. on the other hand was born in Batman: Year One, so he should have still been a teenager in "Batman: The Black Mirror" and couldn't been much older than 5 years old in the flashbacks where he killed the friend of Barbara.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@aahz said:

In some cases I relay wonder if the author do any research when they publish ages. in some cases they just totally wrong. For example:

Somewhere in Streets of Gotham (published near the End of the old continuity) it is said that Bruce would be only 34 or 35, which would be less than ten years older than Dick.

When Holly becomes Catwoman it is said that she would not be much younger than Selina when she started as Catwoman, what means she is 19 or younger. But Holly was already 12 or 13 in Batman: Year One, so she should be around the age of Barbara Gordon.

James Gordon Jr. on the other hand was born in Batman: Year One, so he should have still been a teenager in "Batman: The Black Mirror" and couldn't been much older than 5 years old in the flashbacks where he killed the friend of Barbara.

The New 52 its the perfect exemple of how they just don't care about timelines anymore...have you seen the Convergence 0 solicitation? "every story matters, every character matters" and some more nonsense...joining characters from different continuities, some of those characters that just by existing, make the other characters existence's ridiculous and pointless, like many different versions of the same characters...many characters that were made to replace other characters, and that now will be all together, lol.

To be honest, as long as i get to read Pre-New-52 Cassandra Cain, again, i don't care of how ridiculous the earth were she is, gets...as long as they don't mess her up, i'm fine.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aahz

I didn't think they cared much about timelines in the pre new 52.

.have you seen the Convergence 0 solicitation?

Since I'm not a fan of the big mega events and multiverse stuff I'm not really interested in convergence.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aahz

I tried to collect facts about the ages of the different Batfamily Character for the pre-crisis and pre-52 continuity, here is what I found, it is of course a little bit contradictory.

Bruce Wayne

With Bruce it is relative simple, pre-crisis we only get the in formations that his Birthday is February 19th [1] or June 2nd [2] and that his parents were murdered 15 years before he becomes Batman [3] on either June 8th [1] or June 26th [4].

Post crisis according to most sources he was 8 when his parents were murdered [5,6,7] (but you also find the ages 6 [8], 10 [9] and 12 [10]) and 25 or 26 when he started as Batman [8]. Since the 80s you find occasional the statement that his parents died 25 years before the actual story. So he in principle didn't age much since than and was 33 in most comics. Only in one comic published near the end of the old continuity it is said that he would be 34 or 35 [11].

Sources: [1] DC calendar 1976, [2] Batman - The Silver Age Newspaper Comics Volume 2, [3] Detective comics 33, [4] Batman Special (1984), [5] Secret Origins of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes, [6] Batman #0, [7] Batman – the 12 Cent Adventure, [8] Batman: Year One, [9] Batman Confidential #14, [10] Batman - The Widening Gyre #1, [11] Streets of Gotham #16

Dick Grayson

The information for Dick are extremely contradictory. During the Golden and Silver Age his age was never clearly revealed. That he became Robin at the age of 8 was set much later much later when he was already a member of the new New Teen Titans [1,2]. The only proof for this are the 8 spanks Bruce gave him at his Birthday, but on the other hand he had 14 candels on his cake and got his own Batplane as present [3]. And in the second version of his origin story he was already called teenaged when he started as Robin [4].

By the time he got is own solo series he was already in high school [5] and in this series it was later implied that he was around 15 [6]. He was probably at least 18 when was going to collage, since he got a draft-card [7] and was 19 when he became Nightwing [1,2].

Post-crisis the age he lost his parents and became Robin varies in the comics from 8 to 12 [8-13] and the official timelines imply ages of 13 to 15 [14-17]. There are also many different dates for his Birthday (November 11th [18], the week before Halloween [9], the first day of spring [19], March 10 [20]) and the date of the murder of his parents (June 27th [21], July 15th [18], Halloween [9], one day after Mothert's Day [22]). But according to most sources his parents died two years after Bruce started as Batman and he finally became Robin one year later.

It was said that he was arround 13 when the original Teen Tiatns were founded [23], but the timelines imply again a higher age [14-17]. He was fired as Robin and became Nightwing after he dropped out of collage after one [24] or two [25] semesters so he was 18 or 19 since there is no reverence that he skipped any classes and he had his 20th birthday shortly after the crisis year when he was already Nightwing [8,26] and he is said to be 21 around the time of Tims apperance [27]. When the Titans reformed after the Technis Imperative he was around 23 [28].

In later comics he is usually referred as 20-something only near the end of his Nightwing series there is a story which is placed nearly 10 years after his 17th birthday [29] so that he was probably 26 or 27 at the end of the old continuity.

Sources: [1] New Teen Titans Vol 1 #37, [2] New Teen Titans Vol 1 #39, [3] Batman#10, [3] Star Spangled Comics #70, [4] Batman #213 ,[6] Star Spangled Comics #122, [7] Batman #217, [8] Secret Origins Vol #13, [9] Secret Origins Vol #50, [10] Nightwing Vol 2 #73, [11] Nightwing Vol 2 #76, [12] Batman Confidential #13, [13] Robin Year One #1, [14] Batman - Secret Files & Origins, [15] Nightwing - Secret Files & Origins, [16] Guide to the DC Universe - Secret Files & Origins, [17] Teen Titans Vol 3 #0.5, [18] DC calendar 1976, [19] Robin Annual #4, [20] Batman - The Silver Age Newspaper Comics Volume 2, [21] Nightwing Vol 1 #1, [22] Batman Dark Victory #8&#9, [23] The Titans Vol 1 #16, [24] Batman #416, [25] Nightwing Vol 2 #42, [26]New Teen titans Vol 2 #18, [27] New Titans Annual #5, [28] The Titans Vol 1 #5, [29] Nightwing Vol 2 #134

Jason Todd

Pre-crisis Jason was 12 (7 years younger than Dick) in his first appearance [1]. For post-crisis incarnation there was nothing said about the age in his origin story, but he was shown to be 12 shortly after crisis [2] and his birthday (26th August [3]) day of death (27th April [4]) where published much later. But it is revealed that stole he the tires of the Batmobile on the (of cause 25th) anniversary of the death of Bruce parents [5], that his mother died in February the same year [6], that he dropped out of school in the 5th grade [7], that he trained 6 month before he became Robin [7,8], was in 7th grade after “Ten Nights of the Beast” [9] and died 2 years after Dick was fired [10], what happened only weeks before Bruce met Jason [5]. So he was probably 10 (nearly 11) when he met Bruce (and therefore 7 or 8 years younger than Dick), 11 when he became Robin and 12 (nearly 13) when he died. So he would been 13 when he came back to life and around 16 when he was thrown in the Lazarus Pit [11,12]. But the only reliable info to his age is that he became 18 at the Beginning of War Games [3], so he would have been 17 in “Hush” and probably still 18 in “Under the Hood” and 19 at the end of the continuity.

Sources: [1] Detective Comics #525, [2] Detective Comics #571, [3] Detective Comics #790, [4] Batman Annual #25, [5] Batman #408, [6] Batman #409, [7] Batman #410, [8] Legends of the Dark Knight #100, [9] Batman Annual #12, [10] Batman #436, [11]Batman Annual #25, [12] Red Hood - the Lost Days #1

Tim Drake

Tims Birthday is the 19th July [1]. In the original comics he was probably around 3 when he witnesses the death of Dick parents [2], since he was 13 in “A Lonely Place of Dying” [3] that took place almost 10 years later [2], while the official time lines imply that he was around 6 when Dicks parents died [4-7]. After “A Lonely Place of Dying” he was trained for 6 month and finally became robin around Christmas [8]. In his second Robin series it is said that he is in 9th grade and therefore probably 14 [9]. He was probably 15 and in 10th grade since at least his the beginning of “Knight Fall” when he got his drivers license (before turning 16) [10] but this wasn't explicitly confirmed until the beginning “No Man's Land” [11,12]. His 16th Birthday was around “Hush” [1] and he isn't said to be 17 until he became Red Robin at the end of the old continuity [13].

The continuity problem here is that “A Lonely Place of Dying” takes place only a few month after “Death in the Family” so that Tim would be around Jasons age according to this old comics, at best one year younger, but in later comics Jason is two years older than Tim. Dick on the other hand was for most part of the continuity 8 years older than Tim.

Sources: [1] Robin Vol 4 #116, [2] Batman #436, [3] Batman #441, [4] Batman - Secret Files & Origins, [5] Nightwing - Secret Files & Origins, [6] Guide to the DC Universe - Secret Files & Origins, [7] Teen Titans Vol 3 #0.5, [8] Batman #456 #457, [9] Robin Vol 2 #1, [10] Detective Comics #668, [11] Robin Vol 4 #56, [12] Secret origins 80 pages Giant, [13] Red Robin #25

Damian Wayne

In his first appearance it is said that Damian is a little bit younger than was Bruce when he lost his parents, so he was probably 7 or 8 [1]. But in all comics after Damian finally became Robin it is said that he is 10 [2-6], and therefore 7 years younger than Tim.

The only possilbe problem with this age is, that Ras al Ghul is a Bronze Age Villian and appeared the first time when Dick was already in collage [7] so Damian couldn't be much older than 8. But newer timelines [8,9] fortunately retconned Ras debut in Dicks first year as Robin.

Sources: [1] Batman #658, [2] Batman and Robin #2, [3] Batgirl Vol 3 #5, [4] Batgirl Vol 3 #7, [5] Red Robin #14, [6] Batman Vol #703, [7] Batman #232, [8] Nightwing - Secret Files & Origins, [9] Guide to the DC Universe - Secret Files & Origins

Barbara Gordon

The original pre-crisis Barbara was quite old and had already a PhD when she became Batgirl [1]. Later during her time as Congresswoman (and Dicks time in collage) it was said that she is 25 and therefore 7-8 years older than Dick and younger than Bruce. Her Birthday was September 23th [3].

Post-crisis she was adopted by James Gordon at the age of 13 [4] shortly after the first appearance of Two-Face (so she would be 2-4 years older than Dick and 13-14 younger than Bruce) and became Batgirl after finishing collage at the age of 17 or 18 (she finished high school before turning 16) [4-6].

Only in comics that where published very late in the old continuity it was suddenly said that she and Dick are the same age and that she started as Batgirl at younger age [7,8] and her initially much younger brother James jr. [4, 9, 10] is suddenly only a few years younger [11].

Sources: [1] Detective Comics #359, [2] Batman Family #10, [3] DC calendar 1976, [4] Secret Origins Vol #13, [5] Batgirl Year One #1, [6] Birds of Prey #103, [7] Nightwing Annual #2, [8] Detective Comics #871, [9] Legends of the Dark Knight #159-#161, [10] Legends of the Dark knight Annual #2, [11] Detective Comics #871-#881

Cassandra Cain

Cass was around 16 when she appeared during “No Man's Land” [1], and is 17 at the beginning of her first Batgirl series (Tim is still 15 during all this time) [2], and she becomes 18 after “Bruce Wayne: Fugative” [3]. Her Birthday is January 26th [4]. There fore she is half a year older than Jason (and it is also explicitly said in the comics that she and Jason are roughly the same age [5]) and two and a half year older than Tim.

Sources: [1] Batman - No Man's Land - Secret Files & Origins, [2] Batgirl Vol 1 #17, [3] Batgirl Vol 1 #34, [4] Batgirl Vol 1 #33, [5] Batgirl Vol 1 #65

Stephanie Brown

In her first appearance (before “Knight Fall”) it is only said that she is older than Tim and she is old enough to drive a scooter (so she is probably 16) [1]. According to later comics she was 15 when she became Spoiler [2] and when she became pregnant during “No Man's Land” [3] and was 16 when she was killed by Black Mask [4]. But she was already in collage [5] and she was said to be approximately 19 when she was Batgirl [6]. So depending on the story she is between the same age and two years older than Tim.

Sources: [1] Detective Comics #648-#649, [2] Secret origins 80 pages Giant, [3] Robin Vol 4 #59, [4] Batman Allies - Secret Files & Origins, [5] Batgirl Vol 3 #1, [6] Batgirl Vol 3 #6

Helena Bertinelli and Helena Wayne

The pre crisis Earth Two Helena Wayne was 19 when she first became the Huntress after the Death of her Mother [1] and 21 in her solo stories after the death of her father [2]. So she was around 3 years older as the Earth 1 Dick and 4 years younger than the Earth 1 Barbara.

The post crisis Helena Bertinelli was 20 [3] or 21 [4] when she started around the Beginning of the new continuity and around 23 after the End of “No Man's Land” [5]. So she is probably around Dicks age.

What is interesting to know about her, is that her original post crisis origin story [6] was quite different from the later versions.

Sources: [1] DC Super-Stars Vol 1 #17, [2] Batman Family #18, [3] Huntress Cry for Blood #1, [4] Huntress Year One #1, [5] Huntress Cry for Blood #3, [6] Huntress Vol 1 + Vol 2

Jean Paul Valley

In his first appearance it is only said that he is a graduate student [1]. After the End of “No Man's Land” it is said that he is 22 or 23 [2] (the comic is contradictory). Near the end of his series, shortly before his death its said that he is not yet 25 [3]. He is probably around Dicks age to.

Sources: [1] Sword of Azrael #1,[2] Azrael Vol 1 #66+#67, [3] Azrael Vol 1 #90

Michael Lane

He is said to be 27 when he becomes the second Azrael [1]. So this is again a character around Dicks age.

Sources: [1] Azrael - Death's Dark Knight #1

Selina Keyle

For the pre-crisis Selina only the Birthday is known, which is March 14th [1].

The post-crisis Selina was 13 when she lost her Family and ran away from the youth authority [2, 3], 17 when she met the 4 years younger Holly [4] and 19 at the beginning of “Batman: Year One” [5]. So she is around 6 years younger than Bruce.

Sources: [1] DC calendar 1976, [2] Catwoman Vol 3 #10, [3] Catwoman Vol 3 #12, [4] Catwoman – Secret Files and Origins, [5] Catwoman Annual #2

Lonnie Machin

He was 12 in his first appearance as Anarky [1], which after Jasons death and before Tim showed up. He was 14 around the time of Tims second and third Robin mini series [2], 15 at the beginning of his first solo-series [3] and 16 at the beginning of “No Man's Land” [4]. So depending on the story he is something in between 1 year younger or 1 year older than Tim.

Sources: [1] Detective Comic #608-#609, [2] Robin Annual #1, [3] Anarky Vol 1 #1, [4] Anarky Vol 2 #3

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Unless I'm mistaken the only age that has been confirmed is Bruce's, and he's 32.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aahz

Unless I'm mistaken the only age that has been confirmed is Bruce's, and he's 32.

In the New 52? It was also confirmed that Dick is 21.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@aahz said:

@battle_forum_junkie said:

In the New 52? It was also confirmed that Dick is 21.

Yup, In Batman #37. I also want to say that Damian is either 10 or 11, but I can't remember if I actually read that in a comic or not.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: I would guess that Damian is still ten since he wasn't really changed in the reboot.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is also a list of ages and a timeline for the "Young Justice series". But these Ages seem to be quite different from the one in the comics (Barbara is Younger than Dick, Steph is younger than Tim, Bruce started as batman at the age of 21 ...) and in this universe Dicks Birthday and the death of his parents are again on a different dates (December 1st and April 1st).

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VampireSelektor

@aahz said:

If James Jr. was newborn in Year One, he would have been around 4 in Dark Victory. If Dick was 8 in Dark Victory, and around 27 in The Black Mirror, then James returned from Chicago around age 23. For frame of reference, Dick and Tim are 24 and 16, respectively, during Teen Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day, and Tim is around 19 during his time as Red Robin in the Old 52.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aahz

@vampireselektor: If You stretch the Time line like this Bruce would have been around 50 and Barbara in her mid to late 30s at the time of the Black Mirror.

And since Tim was also a toddler during Dark Victory he should be roughly the same age than James Jr. But Tim was said to be 17 during his time as Red Robin (but I have to admitted that chronology he should have been older).

And even in James Jr. last chronological appearance before Black Mirror (Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #2 from 1992), which was set at a time where Barbara was already Oracle and Tim was already Robin, he was still a Child.

And the death of Dick parents is usually placed in Year Two (and his debut as Robin in Year Three), and Dick was probably 11 or 12 at this time. There are some comics where it is mentioned that he was 8 when his parents died, but in all comics that are set during this time (or have flashbacks) he is usually arround 12 when he starts as Robin (if a age is given). I know no comic where he is explicitly shown as a 8 year old Robin. And there for I think the starting age of 12s much more convincing.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Aahz

@aahz said:

Does anybody knew the age of Luke Fox?

To answer my own question, he is 23 according to the batwing comics, and so two years older than Dick and Barbara.

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

battle_forum_junkie :

Sí en juego final .. bruce tiene 32 años.

Barbara 21, It was mentioned in Burnside

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vickbat said:

battle_forum_junkie :

Sí en juego final .. bruce tiene 32 años.

According to his origin stories he would be only 27 or 28, but 32 fits better in my opinion...

Damian was said to be 10 at in a multitude of issues from the beginning of the new 52 untill his death, the only exception was iirc Batman Inc #0 where they said he would be 11.

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aahz :

it's been five years since the Justice League was formed . 27+5= 32

32 years mentioned at the beginning of a chapter in endgame

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Aahz

@vickbat:

The thing is, according to #0 issues, he left Gotham at the age of 18, trained for 4 years, and than became Batman 6 years ago, so he would be 28.

While the secret orgin issue claims his parents died 17 years ago, and since he was arround 10 when they died, he would be 27. But on the other hand it also claims that he trained for 7 year, so he would have started to travel the World at the age of 13 or 14, which is also kind questionable.

The best is probably to mix both timelines and so that he started with the training at 18 and trained for 7 years.

EDIT: Just discovered that he was said to be 25 in Zero Year, based on this 32 in Endgame is consistent.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Aahz

Then to summarize it

Definite ages are given for:

Bruce: 32 (25 in Zero Year and 10 when he his parents died)

Luke: 23

Barbara: 21 (17 when crippled by Joker)

Dick: 21 (16 when he became Robin)

Damian: 10

More obscure are:

Selina: claimed to be 23 (when in disguise), seems reasonable since she was just starting as thief in Zero year, but I woulden't be surprised if she would be one or two years older

Jason: claimed to be 15 in Zero Year but Thalia estimated him to be only 12 or 13, 15 seems unrealistic since that would make him Dicks and Barbaras age and he would have been 18 when he became Robin which doesn't match how he is drawn in the flashbacks and origin issues, Thalias 12 or 13 in Zero Year and therefore 15 or 16 when becoming Robin and 18 or 19 now seems more realistic.

Tim: he was in middle school when Gordon switched on the Batsignal the first time "5 years ago" and was already driving a motorcycle before becoming Robin (I think you have to be 16 for this ???, I'm not from the US), so if we assume he started two years ago, he should be 18

JasonSpec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JasonSpec

Okay, so, I needed to figure out the ages for the Robins and Bat Family, and I found this.

There is one thing you people haven't thought of.

What year are you starting from? And what Earth?

DC's Batman vers has seventeen different versions. In one of them Jason didn't die, and Tim turned insane instead because Jason turned out to be alive and he thought Bruce was going to disown him. Thats how that, Tim is the joker thing got started.

So, I'm going to used Earth Sixteen. (Young Justice TV Show, Batman The Animated Series, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Trouble in Tokyo, Under The Red Hood, Grayson, Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, Bad Blood, and Comics that I'm too lazy to type. You wanna go find them, do that!)

And I'm going to start at the year 2016. It's divisable by 2,4,8 and it has some confirmed ages!

So, lets start this.

Bat Family Ages 2016- Confirmed.

Bruce- 32

Dick- 19

Barbra- 18

Tim- 14

Stephanie- 14

Damian- 8

---

Okay, now we get into estimations.

One thing that we also know is a few of these characters ages in the year 2010. Most specifically, Tim and Dick! Which is important for Jason's age.

They are 5 years apart and Jason has to be between them. I did so much studying and re-watching/ reading, you guys need to just look back over a few things!

One- Jason is younger than Barbra. So he can't be eighteen in 2016.

Two- He has to be 15, 16, or 17.

Three- He has to be taken in after Dick leaves to be Leader of the teen titans.

Four- Him and Cass are the same age.

Now the math!

So Dick left for the teen titans in 2011, which means he was Fourteen. Bruce now has less than four years to get, train, and kill a Robin. Tim was 13 when Bruce adopted him and still 13 when he became Robin! We still take out 18 because of Barbra.

he died at the age of 15, if you didn't know that, sorry. Now, deal with me and a little bit of confusing time lining.

It's 16

That means:

2000: Birth

2015: First death

2016: 16

2020: Reincarnation

So, estimation works most of the time. That means that these are the estimated Ages.

2016:

Bruce- 32

Luke- 22

Dick- 19

Barbra- 18

Cass- 16

Jason- 16

Tim- 14

Steph- 14

Damian- 8

And you can add on years accordingly.

If you wanna fight me on this, email me.

JasonSpec0921@Outlook.com

I will fight for my knowledge, I spent too much money on comics, and too much time huddled in a dark room reading or watching batman content to not tell you my opinion.

Have a nice day!

Oh and Alfred was 46 when Bruce was 8 so Alfred would be 70. Bless his soul.

And we already know that Selina Kyle was the same age as Bruce in all incarnations because she makes multiple comments on "See, we are even the same age, how could you say we don't have stuff in common? You do it for that people and I do the people, we would be a puuurfect match." And yeah, thats a line.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aahz

@jasonspec: What are you exactly trying to do???

Appart from this most of the series and movies you listed are set in different universes and have different time lines and ages (and the comics have also different timeline depending the continuity, and in some cases even in one continuity things can be contradictory), if you just mesh everything together you want get a coherent result.

And in some cases the established time lines make either no sense (new 52) or can be quite different in major points from the comics (Young Justice).

FS7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FS7

I think as far as Dick and Tim's Pre-Flashpoint status goes, this site is spot on: http://www.titanstower.com/titans-age-theories-pre-dcnu/

When you look at most characters in the DCU whose ages we’re aware of (and particularly characters like Dick, Tim, Donna Troy, Wally West, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, The Ray, Danny Chase and Lian Harper), there’s really no way more than five, six years passed between Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint.

From there, you just gotta find the references. Wally turned 21 in a 1989 issue of the Flash, the same year Tim debuted. Wally seems to be the same age as Dick. Tim was 13 when he first appeared, and 17 according to one of the last issues of Red Robin (although, since he turned 16 not long before the whole One Year Later timeskip and a few months had passed since then, he was probably almost 18 when Flashpoint happened). Dick turned 20 when he was in Tamaran during Crisis.

Therefore, Dick was 25 (maybe about to turn 26) and Tim was 17 (maybe about to turn 18).

Aside from that, Jason seems to be 2 years older than Tim (as other people pointed out, Jason turned 18 after Tim turned 16), making him 19 (going on 20, although for simplicity's sake I'll ignore that kind of stuff from this point on) when Flashpoint happened. Cass would also be 19.

As for Bruce, whatever birthday you choose to go with, he would’ve turned 26 during Year One. Assuming Dick was 13 when he became Robin in Year Three, that would make Bruce 15 years older than Dick. Therefore, Bruce would’ve been 40 when the reboot occurred.

As for Babs, the Batgirl/Catwoman and Catwoman/Oracle kind-of mini-series seems to give us a short age range. Catwoman/Oracle is set sometime between Catwoman vol. 3 #1 (Selina begins operating in the East End) and Nightwing vol. 2 #87 (Dick and Babs break up), with Batgirl/Catwoman being set five years prior. Seeing as it's stated that the events of Batgirl/Catwoman happened when Babs was 19. Dick shows up in that story, and he mentions that he's thinking about going to college, which helps to place the events of those flashbacks. This means that, depending on whether she had turned 19 that year or was about to turn 20, Babs would be 24 or 25 when Catwoman/Oracle ocurred, and thus 26 or 27 when Flashpoint happened.

Finally, we come to Huntress. The mini-series Batman: Family seems to give some great clues that really help us narrow down her age. We all know, from the Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood mini-series that Helena's parents and brother were murdered when she was 8. The Batman: Family mini has a few different flashbacks that helps us determine Helena's age. In one of them, set 23 years ago (from the post-Bruce Wayne: Fugitive era), we see Helena's father Franco carrying out a hit. In another, set five years later, Celia Katzankakis mentions that the Bertinellis were murdered "six months ago".

Depending on exactly how old Helena was at the time, she could be either 26 or 27 at the time that Batman: Family takes place, making her two or three years older than Dick (by my estimation). Therefore, by the time Flashpoint occurs, she would've been 27 or 28.

So, just to recapitulate and make comparing ages easier, here's how old the various members of the Bat-Family were at the time of Flashpoint (by my reckoning):

Batman - 40

Huntress - 27/28

Barbara Gordon - 26/27

Nightwing - 25

Black Bat - 19

Red Hood - 19

Red Robin - 17

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fs7 said:

Aside from that, Jason seems to be 2 years older than Tim (as other people pointed out, Jason turned 18 after Tim turned 16), making him 19 (going on 20) when Flashpoint happened.

That depends a little which comics you use as reference. In the 2000s they established that Jason was 2 years older than Tim.

But if you go by the comics from Jason time as Robin, the gap is smaller.

It is established that Jason was Robin at age 12 (post crisis he might have even been 11 when he stated as Robin) and Dick became Nightwing at age 19. That makes Jason at least 7 years younger than Dick. And since Tim is according the comics from the era where he started as Robin 8 years younger than Dick, Jason would either be only a year older or even the same age as Tim.

FS7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FS7

That particular issue came at a weird time in Batman continuity, where it seemed to have elements that belonged to Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis continuity (as you can see in this DC Wikia page for it: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Detective_Comics_Vol_1_571).

Anyway, again, seeing as other characters' ages seem to point to five, six years passing between Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint, it makes more sense to me to ignore that old issue of Detective Comics (after all, there had been two big events since then that tweaked continuity) and go with the more recent reference from the War Games era as a way of establishing the passage of time.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fs7:There was also an Annual placed after 10 Nights of the Beast where Jason was still in 7th grade. And I think in some issue of batman and Robin right before Flashpoint Jason mentioned something about being with Bruce at age 12.

And if you go by the Titans Tower timeline you linked above Dick became Nightwing at 19, became 20 during COIE and was 21 when Tim showed up.

Therefore you have roughly 2 years for Jason as Robin. If he started at 12 he would have been roughly 14, when he died and Tim showed up (at age 13).

The 2 years are hard to justify without ageing Jason up a year.

FS7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as Jason's described as being a 5th grade dropout and it's mentioned that he spent a year taking care of his mother during Max Allan Collins' run (the bits that are canon, anyway), it's totally possible he was in the 7th grade when his former classmates were already 8th graders.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Aahz

@fs7 said:

it's totally possible he was in the 7th grade when his former classmates were already 8th graders.

That was never mentioned, and if you look at his grades imo unlikely. (And it is not said if he droped out before his mother died or afterwards)

And really don't you think Batman trains him as Robin, but doesn't bring him on the level that he doesn't have to be held back a year?

But even if we ignore the 7th grade thing. If Jason dropped out of 5th class (age 10-11) and cared a year for his mother and and was than taking in by Batman. He would have been 11-12 when Batman took him in, and therefore 13-14 when he died two years later.

To have him 2 years older he would had to be 15 when he died.

FS7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FS7

Just checked that issue and Jason actually cared for his mother for over a year (which I figure could be anywhere from 13 to 18 months, possibly even more than that). Plus, in the same issue where it's mentioned that Jason was a fifth grade dropout, it's also stated that Bruce trained him for six months before he officially became Robin. Meaning we could be talking about a period of over two years here, and that's not even counting the time he spent living on his own. So yeah, he could've been 15 when he died.

Regardless, I think more recent references hold more weight, particularly considering that Zero Hour and Infinte Crisis could've altered Jason's history. It's harder to justify ignoring a story that came out in 2004 and hasn't been contradicted than one that came out in 1986 and kinda has (Nightwing: Year One, for example, shows us a whole other version of how Jason became Robin).

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce 32

Dick 22

Jason 21

Barbara 22

Tim 17

Damian 13

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.