Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Black Bolt: turns out you were greatly exaggerated

• 79 results
    Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blackdog2009

SPOILER ALERT:

All this crap I've been reading about Black Bolt being this bad ass in vs threads and He got owned by Thanos in the pages of Infinity 4. he just yelled like a little b and there was no combat skills or hand to hand showings from him at all!!!!! It was lame! I don't ever want to hear about BB being superior to anyone ever again. Yes it was Thanos, but still.... not one attempted punch from BB. Ugh. I thought when this guy spoke, Odin was supposed to tremble sotospeak.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 SC  Moderator

Odin is suppose to tremble? Maybe some posters have overestimated Black Bolt, I haven't really seen many claims about him, so I can't say. That and these aren't digital settings either, all characters can be beat by another. Also I believe that Black Bolt knew he would be losing to Thanos, and chances are the reason he didn't try punches was because he was putting all his energy into his screams and his screams were also intended to activate that Terrigen bomb device. If your plan is to use your voice to activate something punching another guy in the face sort of defeats that purpose, no?

I mean do we undermine Thanos ability because his purpose to interact with Black Bolt was to get answers about his son but he failed? I thought Thanos was meant to be cunning and intelligent and threatening yet he repeats questions and fails to get answers? I mean... not really, we could but we shouldn't. Thanos is cunning and intelligent etc but this was Black Bolt being stoic and taking a beating without succumbing to pain inflicted by Thanos.

I thought the scene made both characters look good.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: taking a beating ISN'T SMART especially for the king of a people, people that look up to him greatly. it was TERRIBLE writing on many levels. But nonetheless it's clear BB is the newest jobber at marvel.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SC  Moderator

@blackdog2009: Eh? That logic can be applied to every character. Then there are no smart characters? What was Black Bolts alternative? Listen to some anonymous sources on Battles you are wondering overestimated the character instead of listen to his writer? Then thats within the narrative. So a different critique than looking at this as creative fiction which very well may be bad writing but the two are different things. I don't think anyone has established anything clearly let alone Black Bolt is a jobber.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

*Facepalm* It's THANOS! You expect Black Bolt to walk all over him? Bolt's bravery to confront Thanos despite knowing he was outmatched was extremely badass. @norrinboltagonprime21

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: it's clear to me BB is a PUNK , he doesn't know how to fight, he doesn't know to puts his HANDS UP, he doesn't know how to strategize.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator

@blackdog2009: Hey thats fine ^_^ - there are just linguistically distinguished differences between what a person finds true and what a person asserts as the truth. Its clear to me caramel ice cream is better than chocolate. I have my reasons. Ice cream much like fiction, well what may be clear for one, isn't necessarily for others.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I never expected him to walk over Thanos, where did I say that? But come on man, look at those scenes again. I don't mind if you lose to Thanos but don't look like an inept b itch doing it. That was pathetic .

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writer is probably going to let BP beat Thanos. The hole thing kind of sucks so far.

Me sad.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It was an awesome moment in comics and it's really too bad that you simply couldn't enjoy it. I honestly feel sorry for you.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: aw, thank you for your sympathy.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By green_skaar

SPOILER ALERT:

All this crap I've been reading about Black Bolt being this bad ass in vs threads and He got owned by Thanos in the pages of Infinity 4. he just yelled like a little b and there was no combat skills or hand to hand showings from him at all!!!!! It was lame! I don't ever want to hear about BB being superior to anyone ever again. Yes it was Thanos, but still.... not one attempted punch from BB. Ugh. I thought when this guy spoke, Odin was supposed to tremble sotospeak.

Black Bolt is bad ass, Thanos is just more bad ass. This was common knowledge prior to the encounter and cemented after the encounter. Thanos's durability is simply insane.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: that's not the point... Thanos can be the better fighter, fine... just BB looked like he didn't even know how to duck a punch, run, jump, swing... ah forget it.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: that's not the point... Thanos can be the better fighter, fine... just BB looked like he didn't even know how to duck a punch, run, jump, swing... ah forget it.

I think that's due to two things:

1. BB being dumbfounded his attack had almost no effect.
    2. Thanos being a much better combatant.
    Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

*Facepalm* It's THANOS! You expect Black Bolt to walk all over him? Bolt's bravery to confront Thanos despite knowing he was outmatched was extremely badass. @norrinboltagonprime21

No Caption Provided

TADA!!!!! Say my name and I magically appear!!!

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to use this!

I also agree.

SPOILER ALERT:

Ugh...what? Black Bolt's power has never made Odin tremble, not sure where you heard that from.

Why exactly would Black Bolt go h2h when he can use his voice which is more powerful? Please think about this, his voice has the destructive capability of harming a planet, his punches do not. His voice is the obviously more effective choice.

This is just one fight, he has other fights showing his fighting skills.

Black Bolt is superior to a lot of people, Thanos just isn't one of them. To put their power levels into perspective, Thanos is level below Odin while Black Bolt is a level below Thor/Silver Surfer. Altogether we get Odin>Thanos>Thor/Silver Surfer/Black Bolt. This outcome is inevitable and I'm not sure why you're so shocked.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But ok maybe BB will redeem himself, it's not over yet.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mitran said:

So, we're just going to throw out his showings against Gladiator, Thing, Thor, because he lost to Thanos. I think you're confusing bad writing with a bad character.

This.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCfanboys who care more about how big a characters feats are than the story and character. Listen this is Thanos were talking he takes a blast from Odin and barely survives a blast from Galactus you expect him to lose just because you demand feats. I applaud Black Bolt for his heroic to standing up to an unstoppable force.

Go back to reading that New52 garbage no one wants your DC kind coming here talking smack like 12 year old punk.

brotherbran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I looked at it like he was drained from activating the bomb, and he did just see his home destroyed and fell among the rubble. Also i dont think anyone would claim BB could match Thanos in durability.

Also if you look at the panel thanos` face is all torn up, so its not like he made it out without a sctratch.

So...is black bolt dead?

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CheeseSticks

Good job troll

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

You come off really stupid.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you job to someone more powerful than you ?

brotherbran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am genuinely curios, if you guys think BB is dead. Thanos says "carry the secret to you grave" and he doesnt move again after. I doubt it, with two new inhuman stories coming up, but still.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brotherbran: dose it matter? BB died in War of Kings and in WWH the guy comes back more than Jean Grey

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He made Thanos bleed. There aren't a lot of beings in the universe that can do that. Take into account that Black Bolt had just ordered the Inhuman evacuation of his city, and used his powers to set off the Terrigen Bomb, he was not in a good place, physically or mentally in that fight.

And still, he made Thanos bleed for his victory.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

i am genuinely curios, if you guys think BB is dead. Thanos says "carry the secret to you grave" and he doesnt move again after. I doubt it, with two new inhuman stories coming up, but still.

It'd be funny, considering he like just came back to life a little over a year ago...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why wasn't this stupid thread locked?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@bloodtalon: BB wasn't in WWH. That was a skrull. Skrull BB didn't even die in WWH.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: I know! It's not like Thanos is one of the most powerful villains in Marvel or anything and wrecks teams! By the way...that was sarcasm. I know, sorry to burst your bubble, but this should cheer you up. *Hands over award* This is an award for the dumbest utterance in all of comicdom, nay, all fandom!

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

TADA!!!!!!!!!

Say my name and I magically appear!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is all a bit over the top etc but still it was a pretty poor showing for BB's voice which has indeed been portrayed as a fearsome weapon to beings at or above Odin's level - e.g. Doom with Galactus' power backed down from a fight with BB because he was certain the voice would destroy him, and has been used to tear holes in reality etc.

So this was some mix between Thanos' best durability showing ever (who generally isn't made out to be quite as formidable as most people indicate) more or less and a not so great showing for the voice.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By green_skaar

This is all a bit over the top etc but still it was a pretty poor showing for BB's voice which has indeed been portrayed as a fearsome weapon to beings at or above Odin's level - e.g. Doom with Galactus' power backed down from a fight with BB because he was certain the voice would destroy him, and has been used to tear holes in reality etc.

So this was some mix between Thanos' best durability showing ever (who generally isn't made out to be quite as formidable as most people indicate) more or less and a not so great showing for the voice.

I'm not sure if it's Thanos's best durability showing, its certainly among them. Thanos has tanked full blasts from Odin and Surfer simultaneously, blows from Thor w/power gem, blasts from Galactus.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild said:

I'm not sure if it's Thanos's best durability showing, its certainly among them. Thanos has tanked full blasts from Odin and Surfer simultaneously, blows from Thor w/power gem, blasts from Galactus.

It was Odin who took blasts from Surfer and Thanos simultaneously - they were both attacking him, not the other way round. He did take blows from Thor with the Power Gem though they definitely rocked/hurt him (probably to a similar extent as here), and though he did take a blast from Galactus (and to be honest a lot of characters have) he was on his knees begging for his life before G went for what would apparently have been the kill-shot so I wouldnt say he tanked it. Still the fight with Odin and Thor with Power Gem are among his other highest showings for sure.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: I call how It how I see it if you don't like it why reply, otherwise don't waste my time.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: He's posted multiple times how much he thinks DC is better than Marvel on being how he thinks DC villains are better from Forever Evil.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I love Infinity's story as I've been following Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers. His style is usually drawn out. Although it took a while and it was quite expensive, it paid off and I enjoyed Infinity a lot more because of it. This is Marvel's best event in recent years (I challenge anyone to disagree with me on that). Black Bolt showed great courage to face Thanos after destroying Attilan with his voice and Maximus' terrigen bomb. That fight was impressive. Thanos is not your run of the mill villain. He hurt him, drew blood and stripped him of his armour. I would love to see an Infinty animated movie. Perhaps two movies. One about the Avengers' fight against the Builders. The other about Thanos' invasion of Earth/ New Avengers story.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mitran: Wasn't bad writing at all, Thanos is straight up classes above BB. Sure BB is a threat and i'm not denying he's a powerhouse, but no way is Blackagar Boltagon a universal threat. Thanos on the other hand, is a universally feared being. So give credit where credit's due... BB put up a good fight, but it was a loosing battle from the start anyway.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#48  Edited By batmannflash

I can even saw that Infinity made Black Bolt look more awesome haha.

His screams were crazy powerful and did significance against someone as durable as Thanos. Thanos got frustrated and repeated questions, failing to get the responses that he wanted.

Black Bolt displayed amazing courage, and fortitude. Plus he took beatings from Thanos!

Impressive, no?

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mitran: Glad to come to an agreement. Also, BB put up a good fight imo. He valiantly stood against Thanos to give time for his people and the queen of Attilan to retreat, and on top of that, his voice made Thanos bleed purple i think (lol). Also, it was a really overlooked panel, but BB also showed a feat of Durability in that he blocked Thanos' ground and pound punch in the halfway mark of the fight without getting knocked out at all, and yet he still manages to give one last shout. Bravo BB.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fifthchild

@mitran: Wasn't bad writing at all, Thanos is straight up classes above BB. Sure BB is a threat and i'm not denying he's a powerhouse, but no way is Blackagar Boltagon a universal threat. Thanos on the other hand, is a universally feared being. So give credit where credit's due... BB put up a good fight, but it was a loosing battle from the start anyway.

Thanos isn't a universally feared being due to his own personal power. He is a universal threat - or can be - because he tends to exploit prep/the latest cosmic MacGuffin and, if one was to be a tad unkind, one might say it was also because cosmic beings tend to be written somewhat idiotically in his presence. BB's voice OTOH was pretty serious business but its lost a bit of its mystique in recent years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.