How Would You React if Marvel Promised the Characters Will Be Alive at the End? (v2)

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Edited By akbogert

Poll How Would You React if Marvel Promised the Characters Will Be Alive at the End? (v2) (11 votes)

I currently read Avengers Arena, and would continue to do so. 27%
    I currently read Avengers Arena, but this would make me stop. 9%
    I do no currently read Avengers Arena, and I would continue not reading it. 36%
    I do not currently read Avengers Arena, but this would make me start. 27%

I am recreating this because the poll itself, and all results, were lost in the redesign, and a lot of people missed it the first time around (because of said redesign) anyway.

I phrased it as clearly as I could. Basically, I've been wondering (and talking with some people), and I wanted a community pulse. I'm one of those folks who hates this book because I'm afraid of characters I love being killed off indefinitely (or even for a while). Some folks loved Mettle, so they aren't even just "afraid." Plenty of people who like the book assume it's virtual reality. And some are only really in it because they see the deaths as a game-changer that makes the book more interesting than it would otherwise be.

So I'm just wondering, given the backlash and diminishing sales, if Marvel were to find some way of guaranteeing that the kids aren't really dying (I'll let you speculate on how, but presuming it could be done in the right way), how would you react?

• 
    Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
    Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

C. It's STILL just a cheap ploy to gain readers through the whole Hunger Games phenom. This would perhaps make it even cheaper.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ellie_knightfall: Perhaps.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I vote D. My favorite character is in this book, and several others I adore are also here. I would love to support them and give them a better shot at making a permanent comeback into the Marvel U, but right now I am too conflicted -- feeling that buying the title might indirectly result in me paying to have those characters killed off.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I voted C. There are no characters in it I care about, knowing the deaths will be instantly reversed would take away any drama involved, I'm not particularly interested in an 'everyone must kill each other' scenario, and I'd be unimpressed with the creators announcing such a twist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
    deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Loving how the Avengers Arena logo is inspired by the one for Battle Royale. Cool homage.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By akbogert

@shiryu said:

Loving how the Avengers Arena logo is inspired by the one for Battle Royale. Cool homage.

The covers have, in general, been fantastic, though often pretty misleading in terms of reflecting any actual in-book content.

Almost 30 views thus far, but only 7 votes. I was hoping to see more. Quite honestly if B doesn't lead, it sort of proves to me what I've said all along: that this book would have been more successful if it weren't threatening the lives of these kids.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.