Follow

Zuko

Character » Zuko appears in 33 issues.

Zuko is Prince of the Fire Nation in Avatar: The Last Airbender. He has a large scar on his face from being burned because he spoke out of turn at a war meeting. He is the current firelord and is a skilled swordsman as well as a firebender.

Zuko in the movie...

pinchpaker29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pinchpaker29

Hi Guys, I would just like to say first that I love the animated Avatar: the last airbender on nick!...

Originally I was planning on seeing the movie,  but when I saw the reviews, WTF?! haha I just saved my money for buying new comics instead. :D

I know some of you guys saw the movie, and I really do not want to see it, because people kept saying its a waste of money... 
    My favorite character in the series has always been Zuko, my questions now is, 

'Was the guy who played Zuko one of the reasons why the movie sucked so much?'

and I dont want to sound racist but I would just like to see people's opinions, 

'If they casted a more 'Chinese' looking guy instead to play Zuko for the movie, would that have been a smarter choice instead of the slum dog millionaire guy?'

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Shadowdoggy

well, I have to sat that Dev Patel was the wrong choice for the movie 
    Price Zuko is one the deepest, most robust characters in the series 
    he finds redemption, he chanegs his entire reason for being, and at a high cost 
    and Dev Patel was just....flat 
    when Aang delivers the "we could have been friends" line after he was captured in the Northern Water Tribe, it's almsot liek a joke 
    the audience laughed 
    because the Zuko we'd seen int he movie was bland, boring and seemed like any other cut rate "I'm gonna git ya!" villain 
    he was one of the really most disappointing parts of the movie 
    but he was FAR from being the reason it sucked 
    the REAL reason it sucked.....is M. Nigth Shaylaman
    pinchpaker29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pinchpaker29

Oh, okay, thanks dude... I was actually hoping that M.Night could redeem himself with this film, I guess he dug a deeper hole for his career instead.

pinchpaker29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pinchpaker29
    @Shadowdoggy: 
    Do you think M Night gave Dev the coolest role in the film cause their both of Indian heritage?
    brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brendon277

It really wasn't the best person to play the role but i'm sure there is someone out there that would be able to play him better than Dev but there were more than just that, that made the movie a wreck

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

i think this movie is gonna be one of those rare movies where its gonna make alot of money off people who just want to see how bad it really is

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @pinchpaker29:
    I don't think so 
    and the way it was written, I don't see how it could be considered the best role 
    if it had been done right, it surely should have been, but no, not THIS Zuko and not in THIS movie 
    I think the best roll was Iroh, honestly, and even he didn't come off very good 
    ugh, this movie still has me hopping mad 
    it was SO bad and they screwed it up SO much 
    ......SPOILER........ 
    the worst part? 
    that damn Roku dragon saying "As the Avatar you must never harm anyone...." 
    what? 
    I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what the Avatar does  
    Kyoshi seperated her island and caused Chin the Conquerer to fall to his death  
    Roku showed up at Sozin's door and told him "end this now" before he had to come back and kill him 
    and all of the Avatar's spirits told Aang to kill Ozai! 
    L A M E ! ! ! ! ! !
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

What movie? Oh that! Sorry....I was paying to much attention to the epic new series The Legend of Korra that's coming out to care about the movie!!! ^__^

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadowdoggy

THANK YOU for posting that!!!! 
    so epic 
    and I'm SO glad to finnaly see an image 
    it's real 
    it's really REALLY real 
    *sheds a tear*
    pinchpaker29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pinchpaker29

Thanks for your opinion guys! :)

I really loved the animated series, it was epic. Here is to hoping that someone mind wipes everyone into forgetting this movie! :D 
    I here that the same team that made the toon will still be working on the follow up so, I'm sure that The Legend of Korra will be epic as well!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.