Follow

Zorro

Character » Zorro appears in 609 issues.

Zorro, the secret identity of Don Diego de la Vega is the most famous swordsman in comics and film. Zorro takes a lot of pleasure from humiliating his foes, those who seek to exploit the general public and poor, in front of everyone.

Best Portrayal on the Big Screen

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Spartan

Who did a supreme job portraying Zorro on the big screen?  My pick:  Duncan Regehr (spelling)

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By knife

My pick is the first one I saw which was Guy Williams who I grew up with from Disney

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

um Antonio Banderas in the Mask of Zorro. He ruled!!!!!!!

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Antonio Bandras he had style as Zorro and was funny to.

TerryMcC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By TerryMcC

I would say Tyrone Power as this version of the film as been added to the National Film Registry of preserved films  

Every year since 1989, the National Film Registry -- a branch of the Library of Congress -- has chosen 25 movies to preserve for posterity.

This year (2010) one film with a man in a mask and cape is added.

"The Mark of Zorro" (1940) -- Under Rouben Mamoulian’s inventive direction, Tyrone Power plays Don Diego, son of a 19th-century Los Angeles governor who has been unseated by a mercenary despot and his sadistic captain, portrayed by Basil Rathbone. Convincingly foppish by day, Don Diego conceals his heroic alter-ego to avenge his father and the terrorized citizenry, carving his signature “Z” with his trusty sword as he goes. Mamoulian cleverly cuts in and out of scenes to heighten the drama and action as the film crescendos to a thrilling duel between Rathbone and Power.    

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Kairan1979

One of the remarkable things about Mark of Zorro is that Bruce Wayne saw this movie in the night of his parents' death, so Zorro became on of his inspirations when he turned himself into Batman.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Xanni15

Banderas had serious style and owned the role.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.