Follow

Zoom

Character » Zoom appears in 168 issues.

Former FBI profiler and once close ally to the Flash, Hunter Zolomon believes that to make Wally West a greater hero he must test him by being his greatest villain.

Why Zoom?

adam52591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adam52591

1)       between Professor Zoom and Zoom who is more powerful, stronger and has more feats?

2) How does Zoom hunter zolomon kill people? if he cant vibrate his hand through peoples skulls? i mean besides the obvious snap of the neck...

3) do any of the zooms have any enhanced strength? because i read through many zoom battles and i see people say (dunno if its an exaggeration or not) but that he can kick some one from tokyo to new york, or kick someone 100ft into the air and that he hits as hard as superman. now is that 1 punch and its a superman punch or 1 thousand punches and there all superman punches?  

4) between the two Zooms which of them are the better villain per say?

5) Can someone please explain to me how Zoom’s ability works? Like does he fast forward himself through time or does time stop and he in his own time reference walk at a normal pace and do things at a normal speed but the person outside of the time reference see he’s moving fast? If you can understand that…..>_<

6) If Zoom is as powerful as I’ve seen many of the members here make him out to be um why hasn’t he taken over the world or something?

7) Can Any of the Zooms take a direct punch in the face from An Angry Superman?

Please can someone help me on this?

ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By ThunderShade

Hunter presumably kills people by breaking their necks or some bizzare time travel based ability. 

Thawne (like any Flash) can increase his own mass as he speeds up, with no limit on how fast he can go there is also no limit on his speed. 

Zoom (Zolomon) manipulates his own personal timeline, and he slows down time around him, effectivley draining the speed right out of the Flash.

Only Thawne could survive a punch from Superman, by dispersing the kinetic energy once he was struck.

The rest, like which is better is up for personal interpretation.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Zoom

1) Zolomon (just Zoom or Zoom II) is more powerful by far.  Professor Zoom probably has more feats but his feats aren't nearly as impressive as say...beating the crap out of Wonder Woman and Superman at the same time or running so fast that the Flash can't even see him. 

2) Zolomon likes to snap his fingers and kill people with sonic booms.  He's also murdered a few people by running straight through them. 

3) No.  However, both Zooms hit incredibly hard since force = mass x acceleration and both can accelerate very well.  The Flash has described being hit by Professor Zoom as similar to being hit by a jackhammer.  His punches have created sonic booms that caused all the windows on a street to break.  Zoom hits even harder.  He has been known to knock Wonder Woman and the Flash across continents with one blow. 

4) Better?  I think the second is currently a deeper character because Rebirth retconned Professor Zoom into being the most petty villain in existance.  Really, it comes down to weather you think a villain providing heroes with tragedy to make them into better heroes (Zoom) or a villain who wants to kill and replace a legend from the past, tarnishing his memory forever (Professor Zoom) sounds more interesting. 

5) He speeds up and slows down his own personal time frame.  This allows him to create the effect of moving at several multiples of lightspeed and gives him incredible reflexes since everyone looks like they're moving in slow motion to him.  He also seems to be immune to the aging process. 

6) Because he doesn't want to.  He just wants to make heroes better.

7) If they didn't roll with it?  No.  But seeing as both Zooms are faster than Superman and one can vibrate through matter while the other is so fast Superman looks like a statue, it isn't really a big concern for them. 

FYI, currently Zolomon is depowered though he has made appearances recently and may have escaped Iron Heights in the last issue of Flash.
    SilverMan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By SilverMan91
    @Zoom said:
    "1) Zolomon (just Zoom or Zoom II) is more powerful by far.  Professor Zoom probably has more feats but his feats aren't nearly as impressive as say...beating the crap out of Wonder Woman and Superman at the same time or running so fast that the Flash can't even see him.  2) Zolomon likes to snap his fingers and kill people with sonic booms.  He's also murdered a few people by running straight through them.  3) No.  However, both Zooms hit incredibly hard since force = mass x acceleration and both can accelerate very well.  The Flash has described being hit by Professor Zoom as similar to being hit by a jackhammer.  His punches have created sonic booms that caused all the windows on a street to break.  Zoom hits even harder.  He has been known to knock Wonder Woman and the Flash across continents with one blow.  4) Better?  I think the second is currently a deeper character because Rebirth retconned Professor Zoom into being the most petty villain in existance.  Really, it comes down to weather you think a villain providing heroes with tragedy to make them into better heroes (Zoom) or a villain who wants to kill and replace a legend from the past, tarnishing his memory forever (Professor Zoom) sounds more interesting.  5) He speeds up and slows down his own personal time frame.  This allows him to create the effect of moving at several multiples of lightspeed and gives him incredible reflexes since everyone looks like they're moving in slow motion to him.  He also seems to be immune to the aging process.  6) Because he doesn't want to.  He just wants to make heroes better. 7) If they didn't roll with it?  No.  But seeing as both Zooms are faster than Superman and one can vibrate through matter while the other is so fast Superman looks like a statue, it isn't really a big concern for them.  FYI, currently Zolomon is depowered though he has made appearances recently and may have escaped Iron Heights in the last issue of Flash. "

its a real shame they depowered him, he was actually one of my favorite villiams, i would like it for him to comeback
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By skaarason
    @Silver man: same hear he needs to come back !
    ImperiexSeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash could snap Hunter Zolomon's neck in an instant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.