Thawne Sucks. Zolomon Rocks

#1 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but thats the way it is.  The second Reverse Flash, Eobard Thawne or whatever his name is, just plain sucks.  Granted, I dislike him for the same reason I dislike his respective Flash, Barry Allen.  Incredibly bland and one dimensional.

Thawne was just an Evil Flash.  Thats it.  Nothing more to him.  Nothing special about him.

Zolomon, on the other hand, I like.  The "IIIIIIIIIamheeeeeereto helPYOUUUUUUUU" distorted speech, to his "I will break you down to build you up" motivations, even his big black robotnik eyes were awesome.  And the fact that because his powers were decidedly different, he could just absolutely OWN anyone in DC, apparently, as opposed to Thawne...who, as I said, was just an evil flash.  Nothing special.  And I always loved artists showed his temporal flickering through afterimages and constant vibrations, as opposed to the regular "Blur" of most speedsters.

Just in every way possible, Zoom was fresh, different, and interesting.  Removing him and Wally and bringing replacing them with Barry and Thawne has made me lose all interest in the Flash comics for the time being.

Sorry for the rant, needed to get that off my chest.  Zoom has been a big inspiration in my own works, and seeing him dropped in favor of the long gone (For Good Reason) Professor Zoom was incredibly depressing.
#2 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I concur;
Zolomon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Thawne
Wally >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barry

#3 Posted by twisted17 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom is awesome indeed! Which is why I'm kinda bummed that he's nowhere around these days. Looking forward to the FlashPoint one shot, but from the looks of it, its Thawne :@

#4 Posted by Hyper_Temporal_Shift (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about Thawne sucking.

Kind of strong words.

But Zolomon is the man. He's pretty much in a league all his own in terms of speed.

#5 Posted by Jmarshmallow (8885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally is > Barry, so it would make sense that Zolomon > Thawne.

Jmarshmallow

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.