Zombies : would you take them out if they was a loved one ?

Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (823 posts) - - Show Bio
 If  the world is overpopulate with zombies  and if you're a zombie fighter you came across a loved one (mother,father,sister,brother wife or husband etc.) who 's a zombies, would take them out , you what I mean , can you shoot them without hesitating? Before you ask me  , yes I would
#1 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

The world is overpopulated with zombies. 

#2 Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (823 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN YOU DO IT
#3 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a second or two of hesitation but yes... I could do it!
#4 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, right in the head no problem.

#5 Posted by Bathory1313 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah... I've been waiting to get back at my loved ones for one reason or another.. 

Seriously though, yeah pop goes the weasel, or zombie in this case, they aren't there anymore, they are just shells with an unquenchable hunger for human flesh or brains.. .45 right to the bean... BAM!

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

In the event of a zombie apoc, I'd turn into a heartless survivalist. 

You try to eat me, you get shot. No questions asked.

#7 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

No one will kill them but me

#8 Posted by DeathinFire (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming I had time, then yes.  Say, if they got turned while they were right next to me or something I might not have time to shoot them before they get me.  Hypothetically though, yeah, I'd put them down.  I hope someone would do the same for me if I turned.
#9 Edited by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

This just proves to show that extended exposure to television and video games prepare us to do the most inhumane and morally questionable choices......

#10 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

Without hesitation, i will

#11 Posted by HeartBreakKid (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll shoot 'em without hesitation. I might not even recognize them in the first place due to their deformities on their face and body!  :))
#12 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, wouldn't do it.

#13 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd take them out no problem. If they are a zombie, then they're already dead anyway. So two shots to the head, now you know they dead
#14 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
@biggkeem89 said:
" I'd take them out no problem. If they are a zombie, then they're already dead anyway. So two shots to the head, now you know they dead "
true. id expect my family to do the same if i turned idx want to be offed immediately
#15 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

for sure , they would do the same for me  double tap straight into the skull

#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

it's only in cheesy fiction people wouldn't, I mean seriously, you can hardly recognize a zombie as someone you knew with the rotting and such, it's not that hard to kill them, just think of all the things those "loved ones" did to piss you off in life

#17 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

My family (mainly my father, brother, and I ) have been over this, and I think I'd get a little choked up at first, but they gotta go.

A walking corpse or a still corpse, the grieving of a lost one is still the same.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily, survival is a first, grieving can come later.

#19 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd Do it before I Even Knew they were infected.
#20 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

They WERE a loved one. No regrets.

#21 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

I know for a fact that i would hesitate to shoot, but i'll most likely be able to do it... i hope lol

#22 Posted by Fusion Spider (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Really completely depends on the situation. The most important thing to do in case of zombie apocalypse is survive.... NOT KILL ZOMBIES. If i had the drop on them, and a silent weapon that wouldn't attract more zombies, and the time to do it, yeah, they would be put to rest. If I didn't have all of the above, no, I would escape, stay silent, or go do what else needed to be done in a timely manner.

#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" In the event of a zombie apoc, I'd turn into a heartless survivalist.   You try to eat me, you get shot. No questions asked. "
haha!
#24 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

They aren't my close ones anymore, they're zombies. Headshot, double tap, repeat.
#25 Posted by YOUNGneil (82 posts) - - Show Bio

haha this thread reminds me of an amazing scene in the Edgar Wright classic Shaun of the Dead.

and yes i most definitely would.

#26 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

After some moment of recollection,yes.

#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (36396 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how when talking about zombie scenarios, we all tend to think we're the ultimate badasses....Yet if it actually did happen, I have a feeling things wouldn't play out like many of you believe.

No, I wouldn't kill a person I love.  I'd avoid doing so to the best of my ability. 

Also, shouldn't this be in off topic?
Staff Online
#28 Edited by The Gray Fox (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

Most definitely. I see no reason to spare them just because their now-soulless bodies once belonged to those I loved.

#29 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

YES I CAN

would you rather imagine yourself being eaten by a monstrosity of your loved one denied of a peaceful death or simply to pick that gun and send them off to a better place?
#30 Posted by darkxman123 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

there not alive any way so i have no problem 

#31 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

yup 
no problemo 
they are dead, its only their body 
one clean hack in the head

#32 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
If there is no other possible way, then yes.
#33 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sure even the most loved one has done something to piss you off that you can use as an excuse to kill them.

If Jesus was a zombie, would you kill him?

#34 Posted by MarkPar (87 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah maybe hey if i turned on them i'll ask them to shoot me if they turned on me i would do the same thing 

#35 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be honored. I take it as a responsibility. 

#36 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

yup i could no problem. shoutgun, machete, and a couple of assault rifles is all i need to survive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.