What's your Zombie Survival Plan?

#1 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone should have one, we all know that it could happen, and if you think it won;t happen... well your a fool... or normal, depending on how you look at it...  

ANYWHO.... 

My soon to be husband and I have spoken in length about our plan for the Zombie outbreak, we even discussed having it in our wedding vows that we will of course kill each other if either one happens to turn into a zombie or if the other one is being eaten alive by Zombies. Very romantic of us really. 

We all know the basics, make sure you know your weapon, don't pick up a shotgun if you have never used one, grab the garden spade, they can decapitate just as well. Make sure any vehicle you have is adequate to get you long distances, secure the area etc etc etc It really is very simple and easy to find in many great books. 

MY QUESTION IS 

What is your plan? have you sussed out the area? found the best place to hide? raid for food? run too ? Keep weapons handy in your house? 

Tell us what YOUR plan is and maybe we will all survive!
#2 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd basically follow the steps outlined above (I live just two blocks from the police station so I'd know where to find weapons), plus acquire a safe place to hide. And I know of one already, although I can't give it away for obvious reasons. x]

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

I for one plan to hole up in a secure location for the month or to that shambling dead bodies would be an actual threat maybe watch on a big screen as nature kills all the zombies while they're out chasing panicy people that dont realize that there are thousands of reasons that the zombies would be falling apart in a week any way

#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

The steps look good and also finding a location that is not zombie-accesible.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

why do people get so worked up over the least scary monster ever honestly if the zombies were newly dead could you really tell the difference between them and just junkies

#6 Posted by Kayak (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold? :p

#7 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have an escape hatch though to get food and stuff and stock up on supplies.

#8 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kayak said:
" Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold? :p "
Haha :D
#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Well....for now, keep workin out, eventually learn how to aim/fire guns better.. and um....then when it happens...

1- Trust no one. 
2- Save no one. 
3- Kill zombies. 
4- Survive.

#10 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got a baseball bat in my room. Zombies are slow enough that they're easy targets, so I could just walk around with that and swat them out of the way ^___^

#11 Posted by Kayak (1308 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
"

I've got a baseball bat in my room. Zombies are slow enough that they're easy targets, so I could just walk around with that and swat them out of the way ^___^

"
What happens if their the running zombies xP
#12 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kayak: There are RUNNING zombies?! O_O 

Well, if you can't beat em... xD
#13 Posted by Kayak (1308 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse-:  I know the slow witless yet suprisingly tactfull and cunning zombies are far cooler :p

Um beat em in call of duty :p
#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...

#15 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill myself if I'm honest

#16 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in Canada. It gets cold here, so the corpses would freeze pretty quick. All I'd have to do is get out to my friend's farm, sit on the pile of guns, and wait for winter/ chinook to end. Voila. Corpse-sicles!

#17 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

1. we've got several sporting good stores in the area and a gun shop right down the street

2. my mom duke's a bus driver...definitely stealing the bus

3. you definitely need people that you can trust during a zombie apocalypse so the friends are a must

4. the heck with curing the infection...it's all about survival....cabin in the woods with propane and wood stove heat plus tons of natural streams in the area and no one lives around there for miles so the chances of seeing zombies are slim to none

I've put a lot of thought into my zombie survival guide...I own 3 copies of Zombie Survival Guide...my only possible downfall would be the trip to save "her"

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
 My soon to be husband and I have spoken in length about our plan for the Zombie outbreak, we even discussed having it in our wedding vows that we will of course kill each other if either one happens to turn into a zombie or if the other one is being eaten alive by Zombies. Very romantic of us really.    
AWWWW. That's true love!!! :D
#19 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @.Mistress Redhead. said:
AWWWW. That's true love!!! :D "
ain;t it though ;p
#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" Well....for now, keep workin out, eventually learn how to aim/fire guns better.. and um....then when it happens...  1- Trust no one.  2- Save no one.  3- Kill zombies.  4- Survive. "
That one is my favourite :P
#21 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

I will enslave the zombies and use these thralls to do my bidding.

#22 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy:

lol good plan.
#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead. Totally is. It's wonderfully romantically macabre.

@FadeToBlackBolt It would be.
#24 Posted by Formidable (200 posts) - - Show Bio

1.) Don bite-proof haz-mat suit
2.) Strap on sword
3.) Gather ammo,IR/low light goggles water, protein bars, necessities in backpack
4.) Chamber round into laser-sight/flashlight-equipped/uv-flashlight equipped combat shotgun.

Gather up the family and friends and save mankind.

#25 Posted by Formidable (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" why do people get so worked up over the least scary monster ever honestly if the zombies were newly dead could you really tell the difference between them and just junkies "
Zombies would likely be a result of a weaponized Flu/Rabies hybridization. They will be highly mobile, aggressive and quite violent, likely foaming at the mouth.
#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  ;)
#27 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Choose which of my beautiful swords to use
2) Go outside and play
3) Think about rescuing people I like
4) Laugh at the people I don't like getting eaten
5) Kill all the zombies and survive... or die in a blaze of glory as I take as many of them with me as I can.

Now I really want a zombie apocalypse...

#28 Posted by sonofhercules95 (703 posts) - - Show Bio

Steps:
1) Gonna get my Mallet

#29 Posted by Shanana (52937 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO!

#30 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably head up North to the Cananda. All the way North where it is always winter.
#31 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

1. get the **** away from family and friends 
2. shed all emotions  
3. perfect head shot technique
4. kill every child, and old person i come across. (only takes one overly sympathetic person to let their gaurd down around a child only to realize they're zombie chow) 
5. head to small town with a functional clinic, fire, and police department. 
6. betray everyone i meet, steal their supplies and make sure they arent coming back for revenge 
7. get tank. (i live on an small island with 3 military bases, one is bound to have decent hardware) 
8. get a cool tear drop tattoo.

#32 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't be stupid like the people in the movies who instead of running to a well lit area full of people, they run into a secluded location in the woods, stuff like that lol

#33 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Try to start the ROBOT Apocalypse

#34 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe in zombies since their metabolisms has never been explain. How much can they really eat before their stomach starts to burst. Plus whats the point going into the mall or gun store if there are people who have thought of that before you and raided the place already?

#35 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna: Nice
#37 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
"
After reading this I am no longer worried about a Zombie Apocalypse. Please read: 

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html     "
you know the CDC did a study not to long ago...basically just using data from movies and such on the way the virus spreads and they determined that a zombie virus outbreak would devastate the planet and that we wouldn't stand a chance "

Did you read what I posted? It show some interesting things. For EX: Maggots and other type of insects would destroy zombies. The cold, heat, bullets, etc.
#39 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @danhimself said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
"
After reading this I am no longer worried about a Zombie Apocalypse. Please read: 

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html     "
you know the CDC did a study not to long ago...basically just using data from movies and such on the way the virus spreads and they determined that a zombie virus outbreak would devastate the planet and that we wouldn't stand a chance "
Did you read what I posted? It show some interesting things. For EX: Maggots and other type of insects would destroy zombies. The cold, heat, bullets, etc. "
yes and it was written by Cracked....the CDC is the Center for Disease Control....I'd take their word over Cracked any day
#40 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna: Yep, Yep...You know we could just create robots...but after the robots destroy the zombies...then comes the Robot Apocalypse
#41 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
" @danhimself said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
"

Did you read what I posted? It show some interesting things. For EX: Maggots and other type of insects would destroy zombies. The cold, heat, bullets, etc. "
yes and it was written by Cracked....the CDC is the Center for Disease Control....I'd take their word over Cracked any day "

Central for Disease Control? Oh sh!t. Had no Idea it was them. Even if they say that, I don't think we'd lose.
#42 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

IDGI We are smarter faster and more agile...why is it than in movies we always lose? TO FREAKING ZOMBIES!!! I'm sure that if aliens would come to earth in the middle of a zombie apocalypse...they would have a field day by just killing zombies. It would be so easy for them...why not us?

#43 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @danhimself said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
" @danhimself said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
"

yes and it was written by Cracked....the CDC is the Center for Disease Control....I'd take their word over Cracked any day "
Central for Disease Control? Oh sh!t. Had no Idea it was them. Even if they say that, I don't think we'd lose. "
lol...I don't know....I'd like to think that with all of the movies, books, and tv shows about zombies that once one or two are seen people would be smart and it wouldn't be a problem...but with the world we live in I know better than that
#44 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: How long would it take for robots or aliens to get rid of zombies?
#45 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

1.) Get To a big*** mall  
2.) Weld the doors 
3.) Check for insane survivors who may cause a threat in the future  
4.) Wait for help to arrive
#46 Posted by Kairan1979 (16712 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
Well....for now, keep workin out, eventually learn how to aim/fire guns better.. and um....then when it happens...  1- Trust no one.  2- Save no one.  3- Kill zombies.  4- Survive.
#47 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

1.go out in a heroic blaze of glory destroying the zombie hive

2. Meet Elvis in heaven

#48 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

When I hear a strange sound in that dark alley I won't investigate.

#49 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Well....for now, keep workin out, eventually learn how to aim/fire guns better.. and um....then when it happens... 1- Trust no one. 2- Save no one. 3- Kill zombies. 4- Survive.

This! And also follow the example of Shane:

Shane Walsh, the best example of survival of the fittest
#50 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Drink lots of milk and eat lots of cheese, Zombies are lactose intolerant

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.