Follow

Zombies

Team » Zombies appears in 3469 issues.

Reanimated corpses or infected people that predominantly feed on human flesh and brains. While individually weak and virtually mindless, they are feared for their enormous flocking ability and non-stop persistence to end their eternal hunger. Some animals can be zombies too.

How are you preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By IrishX

The Zombie Apocalypse is inevitable. How you are preparing for it could mean the difference between surviving, getting killed, or turned into a zombie. With the use of chemical warfare and many other possible reasons it is a guarantee this will happen at some point. If you don't believe it will happen and have no plans to prepare you will just be considered one of the many that die on Z-Day. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are taking it seriously and want you to be ready as well...

No Caption Provided

1. Know your enemy

• Have you read books containing information on how to survive in a zombie apocalypse?
    • Have you seen television or movies with information on zombie survival?
    • Have you contacted your local zombie response team yet?

2. Supplies

• Do you have a go-bag (aka bug out bag)?
    • Are you stocked up on water, food, medications, clothing, tools, first aid?

3. Shelter

• Have you made plans on where you will live?
    • Do you plan or have you made anything to fortify your shelter?
    • Do you have plans on a meeting place? Do you have a back up in case people are separated?

4. Transportation

• Do you have a vehicle?
    • If not do you have the ability to hot-wire one?
    • Do you have an evacuation route planned for Z-day?

5. Weapons & Protection

• What weapons do you have to use? (Note: This is not when you plan to go shopping all la-dee-da at the local gun store after everything has gone to hell. It's what do you have available at this time or plan on getting before Z-day.)
    • Do you have Denim and Leather or other things you can wear that will help with bite protection?

6. Skills

• Do you keep active and physically fit?
    • Do you practice any martial art or were you on the gymnastics team?
    • What survival skills do you already have and are you learning any now?
    • Have you prepared mentally for living in a world like this?

Spoiler Warning: Video contains scenes from Season 3 of the Walking Dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I plan on killing the richest person in the area and inhabiting their house and taking all their supplies.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love that there's people always ready to take advantage of idiots. Do you know that some people actually bought survival kits?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: oh, no, what a fool I have been! Is it to late to buy into the fear?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg:

Did you read the OP? "If you don't believe it will happen and have no plans to prepare you will just be considered one of the many that die on Z-Day."

Remember this is intended for fun. Hopefully your feelings haven't been hurt.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: of course, I was joking myself!

It's hard to convey via internet ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

C'mon that is a good plan. I have cousins who hunt deer so i will get them to hunt and butcher food. While i salvage and pillage all the homes in the area taking their supplies. I will board up and lock the first floor of the house live on the third floor and use ladders to get in and out of the house, which has fireplaces for me to use to cook and heat the house. My cousins have big trucks which we can easily put those cow pusher things on that go on the front of trains to mow down Zombies. As long as these are slow moving zombies and not World War Z or 28 Days later zombies i will be fine. And i will just go down to the flea market and steal axes and swords and stuff as i think those are pretty good weapons to use against zombies.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IrishX

@matteopg: Cool.

1. Know your enemy

I have read and watched all of the Walking Dead material. Watched most other Zombie instructional films. I have also glanced at survival guides and watched the movie The Edge (so that should be enough right there really).

2. Supplies

In the process of stocking up on essential survival materials. I have a go-bag mostly ready for any emergency whether Zombie Apocalypse or just natural disaster like the sun exploding.

3. Shelter

I live in a pretty good spot to fend off the zombies. I live in a rural area with a creek running along one side and a hill on the other side leading to a narrowing passageway to get to my home. We have a two-story place so we have a good vantage point and place to sniper. I feel my family could defend well here and it's always important to have a water source close by.

4. Transportation

I have two vehicles and there are four among my family. We plan to stay home so no evacuation route planned but if I'm stuck at work when it goes down I will have to evacuate there and I'm still planning that out.

5. Weapons & Protection

I have a katana and a leather trenchcoat. Not only will I be slicing and dicing zombies like they were warm butter but I will look good while doing it. We have a baseball bat for the ol' lady.

6. Skills

I have two years of Karate/Kickboxing experience. Otherwise I'm always trying to focus on getting in better shape because we all know in Zombie world there will be some running that you have to do and cardio will be key.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, so the Walking Dead Season 4 is just a week away so I'll bump this for that one last time. Thought I gave some good questions to think about and help with replies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

The only preparing I'd do involving a zombie apocalypse would involve cyanide or some sleeping pills, because I'm sure as hell not living through that.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RisingBean

I prep by shooting kids at the playground in the forehead. I figure if I can nail a youngin souped up on sugary cereals and soda at fifty paces, I should be able to do the same to a jittery undead sort.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I watch and Read Walking dead.... that's about it

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: same here im good at weapons to and ik some hand to hand combat im a street brawler

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IrishX

@oceanmaster21: @allstarsuperman: The Walking Dead is good material to learn from so that's a good start for sure. We don't know which type of zombie we'll be dealing with though so try to expand on the other learning materials out there as well. Check out the 28 Days Later Documentary for example.

@risingbean: I see a couple problems with that outside the obvious. If you are practicing on people who are smaller then when the time comes you might have trouble adjusting and shooting at the level needed to hit most zombies with a head shot. Don't forget that killing zombies is only a part of surviving.

@squares At least you are honest with yourself about it. You never know though maybe you'll get lucky and be in the right place at the right time and all that.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I live a couple of blocks from a military base. Hopefully, they will take me in.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol. People really love Zombie Apocalypse.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oceanmaster21

@allstarsuperman: i grew up in a racist neighborhokd and most of my family military

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AllStarSuperman
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'm already set, I surround myself with fat, slow people that will distract the zombies while I get away.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IrishX

@jake_fury: Well they might but I kinda feel when everything goes down we can't rely on our military to protect us. They could possibly abandon their post to go and protect their own family. Seems like a good location no doubt but we've seen military bases overrun in past zombie events.

@the_stegman: Sounds like you will be following the example set by Shane in TWD.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: I'm prepping for a niche zombie apocalypse. I can deal with Leprechaun zombies or Chucky Juju Zombies. This is on top of my Action hero living regiment. I sleep with tons of women, get into bar fights and engage in at least two high speed chases a week.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hyiena said:

I plan on killing the richest person in the area and inhabiting their house and taking all their supplies.

Plot Twist: You're the richest person in your area and you just gave everyone the idea to do this

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Everyone and their Fixed Fortifications will be running into this at some point

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: The living will also be a major threat for sure and that's why it's best to prepare to deal with that situation as well. Throughout history we've seen smaller numbers overcome a greater force defending their home. Don't forget the words of the wise Michonne... "We don't have to win, we just have to make their getting at us more trouble than its worth."

@risingbean: Never heard of either of those zombies but it can't hurt to prepare for all possibilities. Good to stay active and fit as well but the activities all seem like they could wind up getting you killed even before Z-day.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I`m not doing anything to prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse because I Am the Zombie Apocalypse....dun dun duuuuun... ⊙﹏⊙

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any more survivors out there among The Walking Dead?!! Season 4 Begins Tonight!!!

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IrishX

For Halloween I thought I would bump the thread with the 33 Rules of Survival according to the Zombieland Documentary.

• Cardio
    • The Double Tap
    • Beware of Bathrooms
    • Wear Seat Belts
    • No Attachments
    • The “Skillet”
    • Travel Light
    • Get a Kick Ass Partner
    • With your Bare Hands
    • Don’t Swing Low
    • Use Your Foot
    • Bounty Paper Towels
    • Shake it Off
    • Always carry a change of underwear
    • Bowling Ball
    • Opportunity Knocks
    • Don’t be a hero
    • Limber Up
    • Break it Up
    • It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
    • Avoid Strip Clubs
    • When in doubt Know your way out
    • Zipplock
    • Use your thumbs
    • Shoot First
    • A little sun screen never hurt anybody
    • Incoming!
    • Double-Knot your Shoes
    • The Buddy System
    • Pack your stain stick
    • Check the back seat
    • Enjoy the little things
    • Swiss army Knife
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Well my pet dragons are gonna keep me safe, unless of course they get infected but is a zombie dragon really any more threatening than a regular one?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Depends. What kind of dragons do you have? Bearded, Komodo, or Mythological?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: Full on Mythical hell beast, they're a real bitch to clean up after tho.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By reading comics lol.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt zombies like in the walking dead could exist especially on a world wide scale for many years. But something like 28 days later and WWZ is more likely

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By joshmightbe

@kgb725: Plus biting isn't the most effective method of spreading a virus as evidenced by the utter lack of apocalyptic rabies epidemics.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
    KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 meter long purple dildos...

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

1. Know your enemy

• Have you read books containing information on how to survive in a zombie apocalypse? Yes Max Brooks (the guy who wrote World War Z has plenty of zombie survival books)
    • Have you seen television or movies with information on zombie survival? Yes Walking Dead, Land of the Dead, Quarantine, Quarantine 2, 28 Days Later, World War Z
    • Have you contacted your local zombie response team yet? No I hope its not too late

2. Supplies

• Do you have a go-bag (aka bug out bag)? Yes
    • Are you stocked up on water, food, medications, clothing, tools, first aid? Yes to water, food, clothing, tools No to medication, first aid

3. Shelter

• Have you made plans on where you will live? Yes but ain't pretty or the ideal place to be. I'd need to be tough to survive that climate
    • Do you plan or have you made anything to fortify your shelter? Yes I have a plan No I have not started fortification
    • Do you have plans on a meeting place? Do you have a back up in case people are separated? No but now I'm considering it

4. Transportation

• Do you have a vehicle? Yes
    • If not do you have the ability to hot-wire one? No but I know someone who does
    • Do you have an evacuation route planned for Z-day? Yes but it'll depend which direction the zombies are from me

5. Weapons & Protection

• What weapons do you have to use? (Note: This is not when you plan to go shopping all la-dee-da at the local gun store after everything has gone to hell. It's what do you have available at this time or plan on getting before Z-day.) Yes to knife, baseball bat, shovel, hammer, scythe, brass pipes and lightsaber but I hope to obtain a katana, crossbow and small pistol (for assurance)
    • Do you have Denim and Leather or other things you can wear that will help with bite protection? No but I hope I just don't get bitten

6. Skills

• Do you keep active and physically fit? Yes most of the time (If Batman ain't gonna save me so I gotta learn to be the Batman)
    • Do you practice any martial art or were you on the gymnastics team? Yes I initially practiced martial arts against bullies who picked on me but now I can find some use for it
    • What survival skills do you already have and are you learning any now? Yes I believe No I can't remember any right now
    • Have you prepared mentally for living in a world like this? Yes but I have to the Dark Side in order to do so
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu: Excellent answers. I think you have a good chance of being a survivor for sure.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@irishx: thanks

I'm soon to put up my own zombie survival plan on my blog in the next days

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.