Follow

Zero

Character » Zero appears in 185 issues.

Zero is one of the Five Lights, five new mutants to emerge since the return of Hope Summers. He is a techno-organic body sculptor, as well as a world-renowned artist.

Some thoughts on Zero and his capacity for affection staring Oya

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By lady_toyano
    Techno meat man says smile
    Techno meat man says smile

High octane nightmare fuel or incredibly sweet…?

A Pic I drew of Tetsuo trying to cheer up Idie.

I have just been exposed to Generation Hope through Schism and boy are there some pretty nifty characters in the bunch. My favorites are Zero (I could read a comic on just his inner monologues and be entertained, Oya (just want to hug her and see that smile) and Transoinic (I truly know little about her but her design is neat and she’s sassy). The rest of the team I have seen very little action of and I truthfully don’t have any strong feelings either way about Hope :/. Hopefully I will get my hands on Gen. Hope Vol. 1 to put me up to speed on more of the team and their personalities.

Anywho from what I have gathered, Idie is a seriously disturbed little girl with a self destructive mindset that just made me go aawwwww... and then I found out about her history and went double aawww… I Seeing Wolverine try his darndest to show that young girl some childlike wonder is what made me curious about her since everyone knows every couple years Wolverine “adopts” a girl and becomes a fatherly figure/ big brother (what a squishy regenerator) and I always find that out reach to be an incredibly endearing part of his character to know he’s got a soft spot for the kids (I will leave his own child out of this because true that’s a rocky-road if I have ever seen one, but you can’t say he doesn’t try…a lot so I’m not going to site him for neglect just yet).

Zero on the other hand had me at enigmatic presence and “is that Tetsuo? Bout time he found the X-Men, that boy needed some assistance with control”. Then he spoke and I was like “how dubiously cryptic you are sir” and there’s never a dull visual moment when he’s on panel. Sure he’s snarky sarcastic (did you just say you were making burgers of your flesh sir?) and pretty reclusive, but I noticed through Schism that he does care at least somewhat for a few people on his team. Well enough to talk to Transonic over their disdain for Hope. Then again when trying to comfort Idie with his tentacles (no matter how you word anything descriptive with Kenji it’s going to sound like a horror flick, awkward, or incredibly lewd…leaning towards lewd but beside the point, he was trying). I thought it was an incredibly sweet attempt and started thinking about him secretly trying to get Idie to smile and Viola! Meat bouquet was born. I don’t know how exactly idie would act in this situation, but I think she’d be able to appreciate the thought.

I probably would have thought they would make an incredibly cool and visually neat pairing to contrast upon, but I’ve just recently realized that people can’t decide if she is 12 or 14 and I’m pretty sure he is 18 and I’m not trying to think about anyone getting put in Pedo court bc of mistaken age *comics and anime making freaking predator bait for years*. True this is all fictional and yada-yada it still makes my eyes scrunch up when thinking about it. For my mental morality time skips for all yay!!

Any who incredibly sweet, crude, weird, WTF, whatever, any thoughts on these two?

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jordama

I enjoyed this.

I think it was cute for him to be a little bit of a big brother to her. I prefer the idea of him dating Transonic though.

NIce art!

PS They said he was 19 I believe.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lady_toyano

@jordama: Yeeeeaaaahhh im pretty happy with the platonic friend thing. I just found it really cool and cute that he attempted to reach out to Idie. My creativity latches on to random junk (i just go with it).

I haven't decided if I will follow Generation Hope yet since I only read it bc of Schisim and wanted to give Oya a hug big time, but Kenji is a mega betchen character that i could follow solo so time will tell if i get behind the series.. I am however trying to track down 1-9 of generation hope to get up to speed on the cast. I'm trying to support the only comic shop in my area by getting the singles, but i don't want to read them out of order and they have every issue save for 4 ack.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By jordama

@lady_toyano: The start is pretty Zero heavy so I think you will enjoy it if you like him.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Great blog, I love your art!!  

Transonic is my favorite. If your having trouble finding issue #4 I am sure someone here at CV will be willing to do an in depth issue summary for you to at least allow you to get up to speed *smile*  

Interesting idea with Zero/Oya as well. 

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lady_toyano

@SC: Thank you thank you again. I went to Atlanta and got the surprise of a lifetime. I visited 2 amazing comic shops packed to the brim with trades and back logged issues. I finally got a chance to read all the Gen Hope I had wanted to and I have a new love for Primal now!! There are so many reasons for me to now want to follow this series so im adding it to my pull list!!!

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moywar700

zero has a crush on no-girl

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lady_toyano

@moywar700: yes, i am aware and totally love the couppeling. i have finally cought up witth all the back issues of gen hope and enjoyed it way more then i thought i would. im a total fan of martha and kenji bc they compliment eachother and totally work for me. i just hope she doesnt break his heart or anything, im enjoying how they are written together and cant wait to see where it goes. on the other side, oya and broo are being oainted with lots of hearts everywhere and im a fan their to, so everybody seems good rite now. still kenji and the meat flower amuses me so.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By moywar700

it surprised me

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lady_toyano

@moywar700: me too. luckily its been a plesent one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.