Follow

Zero

Character » Zero appears in 185 issues.

Zero is one of the Five Lights, five new mutants to emerge since the return of Hope Summers. He is a techno-organic body sculptor, as well as a world-renowned artist.

Akira Reference - Is Tetsuo a member of the X-Men now?

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Degalon

Okay there's basically no denying the massive reference this guy is, like K999 in King of Fighters.

Ignoring possibly copyright issues, this character makes me ask.  Is Tetsuo from Akira essentially an X-Man character now, whether by hero or villain status?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Kenji Uedo. Yes you are right, when the writer goes on the record to confirm Kenji is influenced by his favorite art, to use his powers there is no denying the reference. Similar to the Godzilla reference.

Copyright is alright. Hmmmn, interesting question, in a rough way I guess, but the last issue was so vague on his status I am not too sure, I wouldn't think villain, but that doesn't mean hero. I guess its just a waiting game to see what happens. Welcome to CV too. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's not the first time he's been called Tetsuo ;) 

The Five Lights aren't X-Men, but will no doubt be training with the X-Men. 

I think Kenji's problem is that Hope didn't reach him in time, so I have no idea what he'd look like 'normally'.  This whole idea that a new mutant manifestation must somehow be stabilised by Hope just doesn't make sense.  It's taking the whole Messiah thing too far.  The next step in evolution is to mutate, but it'll kill you unless a young redheaded teenage girl can come into contact with you?  I can usually suspend my disbelief, but this is a bit too much.  

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Yumulu

He make people head explode while yelling the name of his best friend?

ravinove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ravinove

I think the sort of explosive mutation adds an interesting dynamic to the relationship between mutants and humans. As much as they try to fight it, being a mutant can now be considered a violent, dangerous disease and unless the X-men get there with their "antidote" (Hope) human-mutant relations will just go downhill. Her powers seen right now are to be a sort of power dampener to this explosive genetic change.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.