Follow

Zenescope Entertainment

Publisher »

Publisher known for comics such as Grimm Fairy Tales, its spin-off the Wonderland series, and Sinbad.

Andrew Mangum Cancer Benefit Auction

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided
    One of the truly incredible things about the comic book industry is the way in which creators sometimes band together in their support for one another in a time of need. While artists and writers will compete, they still turn out by donating their work for a good cause. This is exactly what so many creators did when it was revealed that comic book artist Andrew Mangum was diagnosed with a rapid spreading form of cancer, nonseminomatous, phase 2. In order to help him pay for the rising number of medical bills due to chemotherapy that the father of two must now confront, a charity art auction will be held on September 5th, 2009.

No Caption Provided
    Andrew has worked as an artist and inker for DC, Image, and Zenescope alongside the likes of Josh Medors, Justiniano, Talent Caldwell, Tyler Kirkham, Scott Clark, Mark Kidwell and others. He was the full illustrator on American Wasteland, Grimm Fairy Tales, Snowman and the upcoming title Blood & Bones. While Andrew will have insurance to pay for a good portion of the medical costs; being the sole provider for his wife and two children in addition to the high co-pays on his chemotherapy sessions, he needs our help.

I have always felt that when any person is in need of any kind of assistance, that it is the duty of everyone to assist and to help, which is why I felt it was so important to report on this charity event. I hope that by writing about it, I can help bring awareness and maybe reach many of Andrew's fans.

If you would like more information regarding the charity auction, please visit www.comicartfans.com.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

Hate to hear this gentleman is experiencing such issues with his health, will definitely send prayers his way. 
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Certainly send him my best wishes for a quick recovery. I'll link to that charity on my art blog later today. Not sure if it will help much, but every little bit can help and it's better then not trying at all.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NightFang3

This sucks,man. Hasn't death taken enough  cool people from us!!!!?

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

feel sorry for him. always the really talented ones too. i hope lady luck shines on him in his darkest moment.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ARMIV

I'll be praying for him...
    Man,this sucks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.