Zatanna ongoing series in the works

#1 Edited by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

ZATANNA FANS REJOICE!!



During the JLA panel at the SDCC Dan Didio stated that "Paul Dini is doing a new onging series starring the character that wil be solicited as soon as there's enough issues in the can." 
According to CBR the series will start sometime next year.


Zatanna is my favorite Gotham girl, one of the few bright and sober characters amongst Gothams more serious cast.  And ya gotta love the classic stage magician outfit, but don't let her appearance fool ya.

If they get this sereis goin I'm definately on board, how about u?







#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

will it be DC or Vertigo?

Moderator
#3 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

This was announced since the last San Diego Comic-Con lol

#4 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" will it be DC or Vertigo? "
DC
#5 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" will it be DC or Vertigo? "
DC. I don't see why it would be a Vertigo title   :)
#6 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio

i will be getting this

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" will it be DC or Vertigo? "
DC. I don't see why it would be a Vertigo title   :) "
because Zatanna is often featured in Vertigo titles and she's never had an ongoing series before so who knows which publisher it would be aligned with
Moderator
#8 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @DMC said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" will it be DC or Vertigo? "
DC. I don't see why it would be a Vertigo title   :) "
because Zatanna is often featured in Vertigo titles and she's never had an ongoing series before so who knows which publisher it would be aligned with "
yup, I wouldn't see it any hard to believe that she would  be written in vertigo, I think Didio said that it was because over the years, the magic corner of the DCU has been exploted completely by Vertigo and that it is a corner that DC shouldn't ignore. There were also plans for Doctor Fate but they were aborted
#9 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @DMC said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" will it be DC or Vertigo? "
DC. I don't see why it would be a Vertigo title   :) "
because Zatanna is often featured in Vertigo titles and she's never had an ongoing series before so who knows which publisher it would be aligned with "
I think it will be DC this time, especially if she isn't on the future Justice League Team and her chances look pretty low. We should probably pay attention to what happens to Zatanna this year going into the next.
#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @DMC said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" will it be DC or Vertigo? "
DC. I don't see why it would be a Vertigo title   :) "
because Zatanna is often featured in Vertigo titles and she's never had an ongoing series before so who knows which publisher it would be aligned with "
yup, I wouldn't see it any hard to believe that she would  be written in vertigo, I think Didio said that it was because over the years, the magic corner of the DCU has been exploted completely by Vertigo and that it is a corner that DC shouldn't ignore. There were also plans for Doctor Fate but they were aborted "
that's because magic is dark...it just belongs in Vertigo, with DC however I can't say I'm as interested, maybe after a few issues come out and someone recommends it to me I'll read Zatanna but if it's anything like Power Girl I won't be enjoying it personally
Moderator
#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Zee!

Moderator
#12 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Chaos Agent said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @DMC said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" will it be DC or Vertigo? "
DC. I don't see why it would be a Vertigo title   :) "
because Zatanna is often featured in Vertigo titles and she's never had an ongoing series before so who knows which publisher it would be aligned with "
yup, I wouldn't see it any hard to believe that she would  be written in vertigo, I think Didio said that it was because over the years, the magic corner of the DCU has been exploted completely by Vertigo and that it is a corner that DC shouldn't ignore. There were also plans for Doctor Fate but they were aborted "
that's because magic is dark...it just belongs in Vertigo, with DC however I can't say I'm as interested, maybe after a few issues come out and someone recommends it to me I'll read Zatanna but if it's anything like Power Girl I won't be enjoying it personally "
the DCU is actually a very dark place and come on, you really think Zatanna and Power Girl have anything in common?
#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this actually comes out rather than remaining as talk.

Moderator
#14 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" Hopefully this actually comes out rather than remaining as talk. "
according to Didio, Dini  has already done quite a few scrypts for the series which are now being drawn by an unanounced artist. He also said that the series would be finished before the end of the year (unlike what the op here says)
#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
" @pixelized said:
" Hopefully this actually comes out rather than remaining as talk. "
according to Didio, Dini  has already done quite a few scrypts for the series which are now being drawn by an unanounced artist. He also said that the series would be finished before the end of the year (unlike what the op here says) "
i've been waiting on this since it was announced last year, i won't get my hopes up until some solicits surface
Moderator
#16 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Paul Dini's LiveJournal Page the artist for Zatanna will be  .............
 

  "Stephane Roux rules the Earth. His art on Zatanna is a wonder to behold. This book will knock out a lot of eyeballs. Dunno when it actually debuts though. I'm thinking late fall but I could be wrong. Will try to clarify by next post"
#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

other than looking as if she stuffed her feet into those shoes, and then manages to have wiggle room in heel area, i like.

Moderator
#18 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

when is this set to be released? any dates?

#19 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mbecks14 said:

" when is this set to be released? any dates? "

According to the DC Panel at the Long Beach Comic Con :  "First quarter 2010."
#20 Posted by NightFang (9897 posts) - - Show Bio

Its about damn time, she got a ongoing series.

#21 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC said:
"According to Paul Dini's LiveJournal Page the artist for Zatanna will be  .............
 
 
  "Stephane Roux rules the Earth. His art on Zatanna is a wonder to behold. This book will knock out a lot of eyeballs. Dunno when it actually debuts though. I'm thinking late fall but I could be wrong. Will try to clarify by next post".  "

I approve
#22 Posted by SFX87 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

i love Zatanna am so happy tha she is going to get her own  ongoing series. is the series going to sart befor the summer of 2010
#23 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

Newsarama just said that the Zatanna series will start in April.

#24 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio
@burr787: actually, Dan Didio said it   : )
#25 Posted by extrememage (184 posts) - - Show Bio

is this the series ive heard about?
i thot black canary was in it as well? 
if it is im soo xcited for it!!! 
zatanna rox!!
#26 Posted by HeroineAddict (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get it.
#27 Posted by SFX87 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Has any one heard any new news on Zatannas ongoing sereis.

 
#28 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@DMC said:

ZATANNA FANS REJOICE!!



During the JLA panel at the SDCC Dan Didio stated that "Paul Dini is doing a new onging series starring the character that wil be solicited as soon as there's enough issues in the can."
According to CBR the series will start sometime next year.

Zatanna is my favorite Gotham girl, one of the few bright and sober characters amongst Gothams more serious cast. And ya gotta love the classic stage magician outfit, but don't let her appearance fool ya. If they get this sereis goin I'm definately on board, how about u?

Paul Dini is writing this? Praise the Gods

#29 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

@TeamUnitedNerds said:

@DMC said:

ZATANNA FANS REJOICE!!



During the JLA panel at the SDCC Dan Didio stated that "Paul Dini is doing a new onging series starring the character that wil be solicited as soon as there's enough issues in the can."
According to CBR the series will start sometime next year.

Zatanna is my favorite Gotham girl, one of the few bright and sober characters amongst Gothams more serious cast. And ya gotta love the classic stage magician outfit, but don't let her appearance fool ya. If they get this sereis goin I'm definately on board, how about u?

Paul Dini is writing this? Praise the Gods

Um...yeah and you can get all the trades at this point. It's worth it.....well the stuff Dini wrote. A few writers picked up the book for a few issues before they canned it.

#30 Posted by c2thaj (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Cost you the same or less to buy the full run off ebay than it would be to buy the trades.

Just got one a couple months back.

Oh and I'm mad at you TUN for bumping this to the top of the forum.

I thought there was a new series in the works. ;(

#31 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought they were making a new one.

Crap...

#32 Posted by RustyRoy (10983 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish there was a Zatanna ongoing series in the New 52.

#33 Posted by Bruxae (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

I wish there was a Zatanna ongoing series in the New 52.

They need to get on this asap ^, she deserves it after all these years with only 1 solo series that got cancelled early.

#34 Posted by RustyRoy (10983 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

They need to get on this asap ^, she deserves it after all these years with only 1 solo series that got cancelled early.

Agreed and if Katana and Vibe can get a solo ongoing why not Zatanna? She is more popular than these two combined.

#35 Edited by Bruxae (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@bruxae said:

They need to get on this asap ^, she deserves it after all these years with only 1 solo series that got cancelled early.

Agreed and if Katana and Vibe can get a solo ongoing why not Zatanna? She is more popular than these two combined.

Exactly, id say she is more popular then Harley too who is getting her solo now. There's probably a handful of books that should be cancelled in favor of others, Shazam could really use a solo book too.

#36 Posted by RustyRoy (10983 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Exactly, id say she is more popular then Harley too who is getting her solo now. There's probably a handful of books that should be cancelled in favor of others, Shazam could really use a solo book too.

Yeah, Shazam, Zatanna, Martian Manhnter, Cyborg can all use a solo book, they'll definitely sell better than Green Team and Vibe etc. This doesn't make sense, at least we're getting an OGN featuring Zatanna and BC.

#37 Posted by Bruxae (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@bruxae said:

Exactly, id say she is more popular then Harley too who is getting her solo now. There's probably a handful of books that should be cancelled in favor of others, Shazam could really use a solo book too.

Yeah, Shazam, Zatanna, Martian Manhnter, Cyborg can all use a solo book, they'll definitely sell better than Green Team and Vibe etc. This doesn't make sense, at least we're getting an OGN featuring Zatanna and BC.

Man, most heroes would probably sell better then green team or vibe, I dont know what they where thinking adding those.. I guess its nice that they try new things but they have a few obvious oppertunities infront of them that they just seem to ignore.

#38 Posted by RustyRoy (10983 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Man, most heroes would probably sell better then green team or vibe, I dont know what they where thinking adding those.. I guess its nice that they try new things but they have a few obvious oppertunities infront of them that they just seem to ignore.

I hope we get a Zatanna ongoing soon, maybe if the new OGN sells well, DC will see the potential of these characters.

#39 Posted by Bruxae (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@bruxae said:

Man, most heroes would probably sell better then green team or vibe, I dont know what they where thinking adding those.. I guess its nice that they try new things but they have a few obvious oppertunities infront of them that they just seem to ignore.

I hope we get a Zatanna ongoing soon, maybe if the new OGN sells well, DC will see the potential of these characters.

Im sorry but what does OGN mean?

#40 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by RustyRoy (10983 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by ownagepants (4189 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoo hoo more zatanna.

Online
#43 Edited by Bruxae (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Aha, kinda figured but wanted to be sure. Im not american and new to comics so havent learned all the acronyms yet. :p

#44 Posted by Bruxae (12610 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by ownagepants (4189 posts) - - Show Bio
Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.