Who could play Zatanna in a movie?

#1 Posted by Nefarious (19566 posts) - - Show Bio

Who deserves the role?

Zatanna 
#2 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Olivia Wilde,In my universe she was a test subject who got mutated into a Giant June Bug that attacked the city.

#3 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4426 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

I agree she was perfect as Zatanna in Smallville we need to see more of her!

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville Zatanna was pretty awesome. And Wilde looks good but not too sure. Id lean more towards the Smallville version if it hadn't been done in Smallville already, which is kinda a problem (not for me, Id cast everyone in Smallville for movie roles with a few exceptions though)

#6 Edited by 672253 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it would have to be Serinda Swan, she was absolutely perfect in Smallville. As one of my favorite characters this was awesome, It's just unfortunate she didn't have more appearances while it was still on...

They should have a Zatanna: Mistress of Magic TV show.

#7 Posted by The Lobster (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Lacey Chabert? She's an actress, and she's already voiced Zatanna in Young Justice. 

#8 Posted by _Franco_ (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster said:

How about Lacey Chabert? She's an actress, and she's already voiced Zatanna in Young Justice.

#9 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Serinda swan without a doubt. In an interview she stated that she had a lot of fun in the role and would love to play her again.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (82803 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a bit old for the role now but a few years ago Lsis Edelstein would've been a good choice.

#11 Posted by RustyRoy (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Olivia Munn
Gemma Arterton
Olivia Wilde

#12 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

no no noooo- to old... the girl who played Jade in Victorious!

Elizabeth Gillies (DOB- July 26 1993)

#13 Posted by RustyRoy (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I do like Olivia Mun, and she's proven that she can hold a strong role in The Newsroom.

#15 Edited by karenlover (38 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: yeah that was from her Victorious days (since I referenced her in that show and you can look her up to see her acting chops) but here is a more recent shot- note the lack of 'crows feet' and smile lines, and all without botox

#17 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by RustyRoy (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

@mynamewasdeleted: Okay, she looks great and could probably pull off Zatanna but still I'd prefer a slightly older actress. She looks like she'd be a better fit Batgirl type characters IMO.

#19 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10170 posts) - - Show Bio

Serinda Swann used to be a model, yeah, you notice modelling world is totally retarded for the fact man looking models thata re not good looking at all get really really famous and called cultural icons.

Serinda Swan is one of the few models that can actuall act, like i show she also trains for her actions scenes and she played the character on the past, now she has more experience on the acting world, is obvious she got better and can do more with her acting, more that many so called serious actresses, that cant act and are there for well many reason, but not their acting.

A good looking female that did one tv show and was a total killer in the show, sure it was the good season, but still she was killing it all over the show, they had several female on the cast and she didnt looked fake like other actors, they look fake in this show, she knew how to sell this show.

She deserves a bigger chance.

Another actress that i still get, why the hell cant get herself on anything more that like 12 episodes or something people watch, more people remember her for being the nerd friend of Malcom in Malcom in the Middle, that anything else, heck i think she was in lost.

Sure deserved a chance, maybe not casted as a firt choice, but at least being in the list.

Some people cast Olivia Wilde for everything, even after the fact after House MD she has done nothing, her only movie that didnt bombed was Tron and people dont belive she is as good as she used to be.

This was based on the mirror effect, this is based on you are with a good actor, you mirror their performance and people belive you are good, she wasnt an actress, she wa a reactress, it was Hugh Laurie who made her look great.

Odette is better looking and lets face it, fits many roles better that Wilde, sure she is another reactress, but still isnt box officce poison.

#20 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

rooney mara ? or (annie's boobs) allison brie.

#21 Edited by JSAVen (100 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Edited by Bruxae (13215 posts) - - Show Bio

If she was only a few years younger now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.