New Costume for Justice League #22

#1 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Just out on Twitter, Geoff Johns posted this image of Zatanna's new costume

Personally... Dislike the Cape.

#2 Edited by Akindoodle (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm... so do I. Give the woman back her TOP HAT. Far more idiosyncratic than a cape or fishnets... that's the Canary's shtick

#3 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: She's had Fishnets for a long time, and I like them on her, but yeah, Top Hat/Tuxedo combo was by far superior.

Personally I like Kris Anka's redesign

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the cape looks stupid.

#5 Edited by Akindoodle (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: I know but I've always found the Top Hat more aesthetically pleasing and frankly, less off-putting. I can't see myself sporting fishnets but a top hat and tux? That's cool. Throw her wand in there for good measure. Classic stage magician look suits her best

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

so basicaly an "updated version" of that 70's early 80s look.

Im fine with this one.

#7 Posted by Akindoodle (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Im fine with this one.

So am I. What's with taking these women's pants away anyhow? Give 'em pants DC!

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14651 posts) - - Show Bio

The cape sucks.

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. They didn't have to fix what wasn't broken.

#10 Posted by SmashBrawler (5601 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I don't know.

#11 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

it's not perfect but defiantly a step in the right direction. Loose the cape, add a top hat: now we're getting somewhere.

#12 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

It is very similar to the George Perez Zatanna costume used in the bronze age satellite era Justice League introduced around feb 1981 (jla 187). Can be seen in the cover of jla 191 : http://www.comics.org/issue/35377/cover/4/

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I don't think that is a good look at all.

Personally I liked her show look best out of the New 52 stuff.

#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

DUMB!!!! I liked the show look or the corset and pants look that she originally had in New 52. Doesn't it seem like DC is back pedaling in almost every story and character now?

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Im fine with this one.

This is my Favorite but im happy with the ones below too. I know the first one is basically the original original of the New 52, the second one is obviously fan made but i like the design and the 3rd isnt bad for like a teenage version of Zatanna but is a little too slutty (I think it wouldn't look so bad with smaller hair and no garters)

#16 Edited by Akindoodle (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf: I like the N52 one a lot, just add a top hat to make it seem less generic like the 2nd pic. She's more recognisable like that. But for the 3rd one I CANNOT see Zatara letting his little girl go out like that. I know my dad would sooner lock me in my bedroom before letting me. First Wonder Woman, now Zatanna. Is losing your pants a prerequisite for joining the JL? What the hell DC? I thought you were trying to appeal to more girls.

#17 Posted by DjBest02 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't mind what costume they decide on, just as long as they REMOVE THE BIKER CHICK TATTOOS! I don't have anything against tattoos but the new Zatanna has like a gazillion of them, and they take away all the class and femininity she possesses

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Im fine with this one.

yep

#19 Posted by RustyRoy (11891 posts) - - Show Bio

Both costumes are fine, the new one is maybe a little better but she needs a Hat.

#20 Posted by Mr_Zatura (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I just posted a poll about this without seeing this topic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.