Follow

Z-Fighters

Team » Z-Fighters appears in 263 issues.

A group of Super warriors located on Earth who decided to band together to defend their home and the seven Dragon Balls.

Respect Dragon Ball Project - Hub Thread

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

The Kid Goku Respect Thread

The Kid Krillin Respect Thread

The Master Roshi Respect Thread

The Yamcha Respect Thread

Those who know me should know that Dragon Ball is one of my favorite franchises of all time. I love everything about it, I love the characters, I love the storyline, I love the jokes, I love the fights, I love the brilliant and subtle thematic nuances that Toriyama would throw in every once awhile that no one else seems to notice, I love the messages that the series conveys about hard work and friendship, I love the... really I could spend all day doing this but you get the idea. I'm a Dragon Ball fanatic, I'm a Dragon Ball freak, I can't get enough of it, and yet... I've never actually watched through the full series.

I know the story like the back of my hand, and I've seen most of the episodes (this is talking about DB, DBZ, and DBGT all as one), but I'm ashamed to say that there are a few things I've missed out on. So, I decided to go back and watch through the entire series, just for the fun of it (and trust me, it's been fun).

But while watching, I decided, why let this go to waste? Surely there must be something I can do while watching besides just, well, watching?

And so I decided to take up a pretty large project... I am going to make a Dragon Ball Respect Thread. But not an ordinary respect thread, I am going to collect just about every feat, from every major character, throughout the course of the entire show. Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT, not to mention the movies and manga. Quite a task lies ahead of me, and I fully expect this project to not be finished for a few years, if I finish it at all, but this is why I'm creating this hub thread. This will be for general discussion about what I'm doing (assuming anybody is actually interested) and I will also provide links to every individual character's page.

As of 10/17/14, the project is ongoing. I've gathered up every feat for every character up the the 22nd Budokai arc, and I am posting what I have so far.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thedailybagel  Moderator

Nice

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations on being this crazy. :p

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised you're splitting some characters into kid form, but it's probably the best way to go, if only for sanity's sake. I also commend you on making the Yamcha respect thread. He's actually my favorite character from Dragonball, and I'm bummed at the running joke he's become on the internet.

I look forward to seeing your work grow.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Dragon ball revolution

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@jashro44 brought me here. I look forward to this. It is quite the endeavor, one I considered trying for certain characters but honestly didn't have the drive for, so I wish you the best.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Does anyone recommend the Dragon Ball manga or anime more? If so what qualities do you find better in which medium?

Z'

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

Awesome. Does anyone recommend the Dragon Ball manga or anime more? If so what qualities do you find better in which medium?

Z'

I've been reading manga recently. I've haven't read the Dragon Ball manga just yet, but I am currently reading the Z manga. I can speak on behalf of that by saying that the manga and the anime offer different experiences. Even though I have seen the Z anime more times than I can count, it still feels like a brand new show, and different experience when reading the manga. I would recommend both, but if you love comics you may like reading the manga first.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@z___ said:

Z'

I've been reading manga recently. I've haven't read the Dragon Ball manga just yet, but I am currently reading the Z manga. I can speak on behalf of that by saying that the manga and the anime offer different experiences. Even though I have seen the Z anime more times than I can count, it still feels like a brand new show, and different experience when reading the manga. I would recommend both, but if you love comics you may like reading the manga first.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation! To me, the anime is kinda' boring and it feels slow, not to mention it's sort of censored compared to the manga. Usually when I watch it, I play it on another window while hearing the dialogue (and music) and do something else. I plan on reading the manga while listening to DB's soundtracks to get through the story at a faster pace. Then maybe later I'd watch the climatic fight scenes on YouTube later.

Z'

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@micah said:

@z___ said:

Z'

Thanks a lot for your recommendation! To me, the anime is kinda' boring and it feels slow, not to mention it's sort of censored compared to the manga. Usually when I watch it, I play it on another window while hearing the dialogue (and music) and do something else. I plan on reading the manga while listening to DB's soundtracks to get through the story at a faster pace. Then maybe later I'd watch the climatic fight scenes on YouTube later.

Z'

No problem, on the subject of anime not all of it is boring or slow. Most of the time it can be slow, but you just have to find the right anime with the best balance. I suggest checking out Neon Genesis: Evangelion, Gurren Lagaan, Hellsing Ultimate, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Cowboy Bebop. All of those are great anime and some of the best I've ever seen your bound to love them. Also the Dragon Ball/Z movies are great to check out and the anime is great too. If you want some captivating anime the ones I listed above should serve you just fine.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Z___

@micah said:

@z___ said:

@micah said:

@z___ said:

Z'

Z'

No problem, on the subject of anime not all of it is boring or slow. Most of the time it can be slow, but you just have to find the right anime with the best balance. I suggest checking out Neon Genesis: Evangelion, Gurren Lagaan, Hellsing Ultimate, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Cowboy Bebop. All of those are great anime and some of the best I've ever seen your bound to love them. Also the Dragon Ball/Z movies are great to check out and the anime is great too. If you want some captivating anime the ones I listed above should serve you just fine.

Thanks again! I know, DB has some good moments and I know from seeing DBZ as a kid, I grew up with it. Those sound like great anime, a lot of people have recommend me those too, they're definitely on my watch list. Thanks for listing them out!

Z'

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@micah said:

@z___ said:

@micah said:

@z___ said:

Z'

Z'

Thanks again! I know, DB has some good moments and I know from seeing DBZ as a kid, I grew up with it. Those sound like great anime, a lot of people have recommend me those too, they're definitely on my watch list. Thanks for listing them out!

Z'

No problem :)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By renamed040924

@z___ said:

@micah said:

@z___ said:

Z'

Z'

That probably is your best bet.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Thanks! Did you watch the anime, the manga or both or did you do something like I did?

Z'

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@nickzambuto: Thanks! Did you watch the anime, the manga or both or did you do something like I did?

Z'

Well I've been watching the anime since I was a little kid. I haven't read the manga in full, but I've seen a lot of it, and I know it is superior to the anime in a lot of ways (just as it is inferior in ways)

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

Z'

Well I've been watching the anime since I was a little kid. I haven't read the manga in full, but I've seen a lot of it, and I know it is superior to the anime in a lot of ways (just as it is inferior in ways)

I agree.

Z'

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@nickzambuto said:

@z___ said:

Z'

I agree.

Z'

Dragon Ball really has some of the clearest, most detailed art in manga. It's a joy to look at, and is always moving along at a fast pace. The anime is infamously slow, and the dub script can at times be horrible, sometimes going so far as to misrepresent the characters. So for a first timer, reading the manga isn't a bad idea. This should get you started.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Z___

@z___ said:

@nickzambuto said:

@z___ said:

Z'

I agree.

Z'

Dragon Ball really has some of the clearest, most detailed art in manga. It's a joy to look at, and is always moving along at a fast pace. The anime is infamously slow, and the dub script can at times be horrible, sometimes going so far as to misrepresent the characters. So for a first timer, reading the manga isn't a bad idea. This should get you started.

I totally agree with you and thanks for your help.

Z'

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.