Follow

Youngblood

Team » Youngblood appears in 219 issues.

Youngblood is a team of superheroes formed by the United States government to be the next generation of heroes.

Brett Ratner Claims There's Nothing Left For Him To Adapt

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Despite my overall hatred for "X-Men 3" there were some good things from the movie.  I just hated it more than I liked it.  I've asked before, can the failures of the movie be blamed just on Brett Ratner.  Because of that, I'm willing to give him another chance.  He's set to direct a Youngblood movie.  No matter how well it comes out, it's going to need some big name actors to get the non-comic readers' interest.  He's also said to be in the running for doing a Conan movie.

Ratner has told MTV that there isn't anything left for him to adapt.
    “I would do any superhero movie that I was asked to do,” Ratner told MTV News. “But I wouldn’t have been interested in ‘Iron Man.’ I have a lot of respect for [Jon Favreau], because to me, it was a B-character. ‘Iron Man’? … But look what he did.”

Was he offered Iron Man?
    “I was so upset when I left ‘Superman,’” said Ratner. “[Bryan] Singer has his ‘X-Men,’ [Christopher] Nolan has ‘Batman‘ — there’s nothing left. ‘Hulk‘ has been exploited already. There’s nothing left for me.”

“I mean, I’m not going to go and do the Silver Surfer or something,” shrugged Ratner.

I think there's still a ton of characters to adapt.  I'm sure any one of us could come up with a decent sized list.  WIth Wolverine coming out, that shows that any individual X-Men could have their own movie (okay not any X-character).  What about Green Arrow?  His "Supermax" movie doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  Dr. Strange?  Hawkeye?  Black Panther?  Or how about some bad guys?  I'd love a Thunderbolts movie.  Or maybe a Dr. Doom one.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Legacy_

A Thunderbolts movie would be awesome

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

a good superman movie would be nice

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL
    DEGRAAF said:
    "

"
    A Superman movie without Lex Luthor would be nice. I really- really wanted Brainiac to be the villain in Superman Returns... but no, there's some kind of unwritten law that Lex Luthor has to be the villain in every Superman movie.
    ~Clover~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ~Clover~

Listen If you don't listen to the X-3 commentaries you wont know who the real people to blame are.. I heard the commentaries and Brett was just directing and listening to two idiots who claim they know about comics but they were not sticking to the comics, they just wanted to do things their way. There is a part they even say they Hated Professor Xavier and that's why they kill him. Brett ask "But is in the comics, right?" They go like "Ye-yeah, is in there..." Brett was not responsible. At least that's the impression I got after I heard the commentaries in the movie.

I thought it was him until I heard that.

By the way it doesn't really have to be a marvel or DC character.. Hellboy did awesomely great... Why is he whining? He should try some other character from another comic Co. if he thinks the other Marvel and DC characters wont do.

By the way I would love to see Cable in a movie. I like the "Not so distant future" Scene in X-3, he could do it :D

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I think X3 was the only good one out of the 3.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
    I wanna see a new Swamp Thing movie... or possibly a Lobo movie... for some reason

lmfao
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By G'bandit

Out of the three I like X-2 the best because Magneto really shows off in it XD

Oh, and Nightcrawler busting in the white house was awesome :D

The third had its parts but I would of like the Phoenix to be wild! No just stand there and wait for Wolverine to kill her..

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Darkchild
    G-Man said:

There’s nothing left for me.”

"
    THAT right there is why Brett is a horrible actor and a complete an total (BLEEEP)

Sorry i have immense hatred for the man.
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MrMiracle77

Brett Ratner never wants to adapt another comic book movie ever again?

What else can we say except "thank you"?

X-Men 3 wasn't completely unredeemable.  But if Bretty-boy can't jump-start the inner-child necessary to enjoy comics and comic book characters, then he's more than welcome to go back to his Jackie Chan buddy flicks.  Give us directors who understand the works they're adapting.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danhimself
    just the fact that he thinks that there isn't any thing left for him to do proves that he knows nothing about comics and shouldn't be allowed near any comic related projects...nothing left to adapt? really? what about the huge stable of DC characters that haven't been touched yet? Image? IDW? Wildstorm?  nothing left to adapt? what an a$$
    Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joe Venom

It does not seem like Robin will be making any appearance in the new batman movies, why not try and Titans or Teen Titans movie.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Media_Master

I like his style for Rush Hour films, but X3 shred that to pieces

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Erik
    Red L.A.M.P. said:
    "I think X3 was the only good one out of the 3.
    "
    You truly are evil. 
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nova`Prime`

All I have to say is Thank God.

But its obvious he knows nothing about comics saying Iron Man is a B-list character... WTF???? Comic movies really do need to be left for directors who are fans of comics so they know what they are doing.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Erik
    Nova`Prime` said:
    "All I have to say is Thank God.

But its obvious he knows nothing about comics saying Iron Man is a B-list character... WTF???? Comic movies really do need to be left for directors who are fans of comics so they know what they are doing.
    "
    I agree. To be honest though, I just do not think he is that great of a director for any movie.
    shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Yea Ratner should talk less. Really? All the good comic book properties are taken? What does that say about Youngblood? That its bottom of the barrel, the only thing left to do, so he got stuck with it? Youngblood's story isn't particularly more interesting than say Wildcats, Cyberforce, hell even out of the Liefeld properties Bloodstrike or Prophet were more interesting.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck

Sounds like "wah wah" to me.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Zoom
    Shatterstar said:
    "All the good comic book properties are taken? What does that say about Youngblood? That its bottom of the barrel"
    In fairness, Youngblood is kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel.  Maybe the new series is good.  I wouldn't know cause I won't touch it with a ten foot pole.
    But the original Youngblood?  Dude, Liefield can't draw much less write.

I do, however, agree with you on the idea that there are plenty more comic based movies out there just waiting to be made and that these statements should worry anybody who is looking forward to a YB movie.
    Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Nothing left for Brett?  That's the best news I've heard in a while.  Keep him the hell away from comic book adaptations.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEADPOOL said:
    "DEGRAAF said:
    "

"
    A Superman movie without Lex Luthor would be nice. I really- really wanted Brainiac to be the villain in Superman Returns... but no, there's some kind of unwritten law that Lex Luthor has to be the villain in every Superman movie.
    "

LOL! It seems that way
    XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By XDespairX
    Closure said:
    "A Thunderbolts movie would be awesome"
    Could. But you are right. With Tommy Lee Jones as Norman Osborn, Benno Fürmann as Swordsman and perhaps Keira Knightley as Moonstone (don't wonder after "Domino" I think she can pull off everything, never liked her before) to attract the non comic readers.
    Rod12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Rod12

Brett Ratner is fine for comedy movies but keep him far far away from any comic book movies. Not to say X-Men 3 was completly bad but he pritty much destroy a comic book trilogy that had a chance to end on a very good note. Now we have X-Men Origins: Wolverine Movie has are new hope for bringing back the X-Men Franchise back from the dead.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Wow! First of all, I would expect brett Ratner's next line to be "Would you like a large fry and a Coke with that?" He seems to have lost his creative muse, or somethin'! I'm not sure the world is just crying out for a Youngblood movie, unless it's better written and filmed than it was produced as a comic. I picked up the very first issue from Image and nearly went blind it hurt me that much. And, I got the trading card set, too. There are so many other characters that I would rather see on screen before Youngblood. I wouldn't say Supermax would be my first choice for Green arrow, but it is interesting. I'd like to see Superman face Brainiac, too. But me, I'm not losing sleep waiting for Youngblood. Sorry. Maybe it got better after I stopped reading

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ownerz

MANIA dot COM :

Ratner Says he Kept X-MEN Alive
    It's kind of an oldish interview, but last month the ever-colorful director Brett Ratner addressed fan criticism of his efforts on 'X-Men: The Last Stand'. In speaking with Starpulse, Ratner said that comic fans consider him the Anti-Christ in spite of the fact that he kept the mutant franchise alive. Check it out:You mentioned "X-Men." Is the comic book fan the hardest demographic to please? If you look at the numbers: Bryan Singer's "X-Men" made $157 Million, "X-Men United" made $214 million and your "X-Men: The Last Stand" made $234 million. Yet that group wasn't particularly happy.Absolutely. Bryan Singer gave me the best advice when I was doing "X-Men 3," Bryan is a really good friend of mine. Bryan said, "Whatever you do, do not read the Internet." I'm like, "Why?" He's like, "First of all, they hated on me the whole time I was making 'X-Men' and 'X-Men 2.' They said, 'Gambit should have been the star of the movie'" They're such rabidness fans, they're so passionate about their comic book characters that they think that their favorite character should be the star of the movie. Someone might be passionate about Iceman being the star. So, you can't win. Everyone's going to have their own so just stay away from their opinion and do what you feel's best.I kind of made rules for myself. I said to the writers -- Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg -- I only want to put scenes in this movie that exist from actual comic books. That way I protect myself. Even though I protect myself they're still saying, "Why the f*ck did [he] kill Professor X?" 

He died in five different comic books! People are crazy. "Brett Ratner killed Professor X! How dare he do that!" He died in five different comic books and came back!Then people weren't happy with Bryan Singer when he went on to "Superman Returns."You can't make these people happy. I'm kind of the Anti-Christ to these comic book geeks. Every single person that wrote shit went to see that movie multiple times because a movie doesn't gross $200 something million unless people go to see it more than once.  

Every single person who said, "I'm never seeing that movie," they were the first ones there.What is it then? Are you polarizing?You know what it is. That's their whole life, they have nothing more to do than to worry. What are they concerned about? It's out of the filmmaker's hands. A film is a collaborative effort. How's a person sitting at home going to worry about how a movie is going to turn out to be? I just know one thing: Mine outgrossed the other two by far. Mine was the one that made the most narrative sense. And I'm not knocking Bryan's movie but he just does a certain thing; Bryan uses his brain and I use my eye and my instincts more. It's a whole different approach to making a movie. I'm not saying my movie wasn't smart; I just wasn't intellectualizing it. I was just looking at it as pure entertainment value which is what it was.When I was a kid and used to watch that cartoon it was just fun. It wasn't a deeper meaning for me when I watched the cartoon as a kid. I didn't read the comic books but it doesn't matter, the cartoon is the same f*cking thing.The most ridiculous statement I've read is -- and of course I looked at the Internet after the movie came out -- that I buried the franchise. If I buried the franchise how the f*ck did they make a "Wolverine"? I mean, that's ridiculous. And they're making three other f*cking "X-Men" movies. Mine kept the franchise alive!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.