Young X-men Discussion Thread. (Warning Spoilers)

• 93 results
#1 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Who got the comic? I did and made a big submission on it.

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

Your sub is more like an issue summary. I would suggest actually making it an issue summary instead of putting it on the team page. Do you have a copy of what you wrote so you can do that?

#3 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing I put it in microsoft and saved it, lol. Yea, I still have it. I felt it was too long but thought I should try it anyway.

#4 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't know how to add comics to the site.

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

Then hold on to what you wrote until someone adds the issue then put it there.

#6 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

K. I'm gonna see look at other pages of characters and figure out how to shorten the one I have now. (But, still save it)

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. I'll go ahead and add it if it hasn't been put up yet.

#8 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic? That be sweet. The story on the page? Go ahead. I'll see if I can get the next one.

#9 Posted by Darkchild (40548 posts) - - Show Bio

So Copy id be able to ask u because u know more

If i HATED New Xmen will i enjoy Young?

#10 Posted by The Tiger (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe. They are going another way. Wolf Cub is acting more like Wolverine, dust doesn't care now if she takes someone skin off, Blindfold was kind of hot in her undies, lol. Rockslide is still the big brute. Ink is a trouble maker and made a Cop puke by using his power. Greymalkin wasn't really shown in this issue. So, yea, you might like it. Also their enemy is

Sunspot, Moonstar, Magma, and Cannonball.

If you want I can post my entire Issue summary here. (It has the entire issue in it)

#11 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe. They are going another way. Wolf Cub is acting more like Wolverine, dust doesn't care now if she takes someone skin off, Blindfold was kind of hot in her undies, lol. Rockslide is still the big brute. Ink is a trouble maker and made a Cop puke by using his power. Greymalkin wasn't really shown in this issue. So, yea, you might like it. Also their enemy is

Sunspot, Moonstar, Magma, and Cannonball.

If you want I can post my entire Issue summary here. (It has the entire issue in it)

#12 Posted by Darkchild (40548 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Maybe. They are going another way. Wolf Cub is acting more like Wolverine, dust doesn't care now if she takes someone skin off, Blindfold was kind of hot in her undies, lol. Rockslide is still the big brute. Ink is a trouble maker and made a Cop puke by using his power. Greymalkin wasn't really shown in this issue. So, yea, you might like it. Also their enemy is#Spoiler Alret#Sunspot, Moonstar, Magma, and Cannonball.If you want I can post my entire Issue summary here. (It has the entire issue in it)"

hmmm Blindfold in undies......

ill pick it up once its got time to get some steam

#13 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

K. You sure you don't want that summary? I don't mind. All I have to do is copy and paste it here.

#14 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Some thoughts on the issue. I like Blindspot more than I thought I would. I never really cared for Wolf Cub and I still don't. The "angry animal person" thing has been done. I think I might really like Ink. His powers don't make sense but they're new and might be interesting depending on how they work. As a character he's different in that he was never part of the school and isn't as good as the others (they said he might turn evil in the future). Dust surprised me. I didn't realize she had gotten so violent. I don't remember seeing anything like that in New X-Men, but it has been a while. Rockslide is the same, I still like him. Wonder if what happened to the other students will be mentioned here."

Yea, I was surprised to that Dust became violet. And Blindfold changed. I like her, she seems more like a girl, probably the undies, lol. Don't know but she seems cooler. Ink was better then I thought he would be. And lokoing forward to see how he grows and what tat's he is going to get. Wolf Cub has changed. He is more like Wolverine now, even called lobo "Bub".

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

Some thoughts on the issue. I like Blindspot more than I thought I would. I never really cared for Wolf Cub and I still don't. The "angry animal person" thing has been done. I think I might really like Ink. His powers don't make sense but they're new and might be interesting depending on how they work. As a character he's different in that he was never part of the school and isn't as good as the others (they said he might turn evil in the future). Dust surprised me. I didn't realize she had gotten so violent. I don't remember seeing anything like that in New X-Men, but it has been a while. Rockslide is the same, I still like him. Wonder if what happened to the other students will be mentioned here.

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"And Blindfold changed. I like her, she seems more like a girl, probably the undies, lol. Don't know but she seems cooler."

What I meant was that originally I didn't see how she'd fit on this team. Before she was just a mysterious kid who talked in riddles half the time. It was ok then because she was a background character, but as one of the main characters in the book, I thought it would be boring at best and annoying at worst. I also didn't see how she'd be useful in a fight. Her precog isn't constantly on so she only knows things sometimes and even then it's not complete knowledge. In a battle I felt she'd be basically just a blind person.

Shaper says:

"Wolf Cub has changed. He is more like Wolverine now, even called lobo "Bub"."

Yeah, I don't like that. Too many Wolverines and Wolverclones in comics. Don't need another. Wolf Cub should develop his own personality.

#17 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I didn't see that either. But, for some reason I think she is probably going to be the heart of the team. I also think her power might change to always being on now so she doesn't need to see. And she is going to be taugh martial arts and use her new power that allowes her to see without her eyes and be good at hand to hand fights.

As for Wolf Cub, yea. I still like him and hope he becomes his own character, but enough with the Wolverine clones. I like Wolverine but I don't want other characters to turn into him. I don't mind Wolf Cub being the beast of the team, but not go so far as the actually say "Bub". That's just screams Wolverine, nowadays.
Post Edited:2008-04-02 22:48:46

#18 Posted by Ultimate Cheetor (81 posts) - - Show Bio

it was cool issue nut why is wolf cub all tough all of a sudden, he is even saying "bub" like wolverine

#19 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read it yet, but i read the summary, an i must say the cliffhanger doesn't really work.

It's almost too obvious that this isn't the real Cyclops if he thinks Cannonball and Moonstar are evil now and just wants to kill them without even talking to them first. Haven't Cannonball been an X-Man for years now?

Also the real Cyclops wouldn't pick a team of students to do this when he has the X-Force team, who might actually have a chance. I don't think these kids has a chance in hell fighting Sunspot, Cannonball, Moonstar and Magma.

The other reason why it didn't work is that they spoiled in interviews that the New Mutant would be brought in as trainers. Thinking about it, if it is the real Cyclops he's only doing this to train them, while tricking them into believing this is real.

#20 Posted by Darkchild (40548 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"I haven't read it yet, but i read the summary, an i must say the cliffhanger doesn't really work. It's almost too obvious that this isn't the real Cyclops if he thinks Cannonball and Moonstar are evil now and just wants to kill them without even talking to them first. Haven't Cannonball been an X-Man for years now? Also the real Cyclops wouldn't pick a team of students to do this when he has the X-Force team, who might actually have a chance. I don't think these kids has a chance in hell fighting Sunspot, Cannonball, Moonstar and Magma. The other reason why it didn't work is that they spoiled in interviews that the New Mutant would be brought in as trainers. Thinking about it, if it is the real Cyclops he's only doing this to train them, while tricking them into believing this is real."

yeah i see this being a grand example of Overkill

#21 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay.. I must admit I have no desire to read this book at all. The only thing I'm curious about for this volume is.. does it tell what happened to the rest of the New X-Men? That's all I currently care about. My two favorite New X-Men aren't even on this team. I'm just wondering where they wound up?

#22 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"LexiCat says:
"Okay.. I must admit I have no desire to read this book **at** all. The only thing I'm curious about for this volume is.. does it tell what happened to the rest of the New X-Men? That's all I currently care about. My two favorite New X-Men aren't even on this team. I'm just wondering where they wound up?"
who are ur favs"

Mercury and Hellion

#23 Posted by Darkchild (40548 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Okay.. I must admit I have no desire to read this book **at** all. The only thing I'm curious about for this volume is.. does it tell what happened to the rest of the New X-Men? That's all I currently care about. My two favorite New X-Men aren't even on this team. I'm just wondering where they wound up?"

who are ur favs

#24 Posted by ChrisAngel (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Darkchild says:
"LexiCat says:
who are ur favs"

Mercury and Hellion"

Anybody tell me if Elixir is in this book?

wrinkles nose

I agree with the Mercury thing.. but you KNOW how I feel about Keller.
Post Edited:2008-04-03 09:28:19

#25 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"LexiCat says:
"Darkchild says:
"LexiCat says:
who are ur favs"
Mercury and Hellion"
Hellion no clue Merc last time i thought she was getting ready to become a Xman"

Yeah, the last spoilers I read regarding Hellion had his fate "up in the air", so I don't really know what the PTB decided. If they kill him, needless to say, I will be seriously ticked. All the Catnip in china won't calm me down.

Far as Mercury goes, I thought Pixie got the promotion? She went to Uncanny, right? And X-23 headed off with Wolverine to X-Force. At least those were the spoilers I read. The rest stayed behind and formed this new Young X-Men thing. They seemed to keep the least interesting characters to build a team around. Is why I'm totally uninterested in the book.

Thank you, though! ^_^

#26 Posted by Darkchild (40548 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Darkchild says:
"LexiCat says:
who are ur favs"
Mercury and Hellion"

Hellion no clue

Merc last time i thought she was getting ready to become a Xman

#27 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"I haven't read it yet, but i read the summary, an i must say the cliffhanger doesn't really work. It's almost too obvious that this isn't the real Cyclops if he thinks Cannonball and Moonstar are evil now and just wants to kill them without even talking to them first. Haven't Cannonball been an X-Man for years now? Also the real Cyclops wouldn't pick a team of students to do this when he has the X-Force team, who might actually have a chance. I don't think these kids has a chance in hell fighting Sunspot, Cannonball, Moonstar and Magma. The other reason why it didn't work is that they spoiled in interviews that the New Mutant would be brought in as trainers. Thinking about it, if it is the real Cyclops he's only doing this to train them, while tricking them into believing this is real."

That would make sense... I just hope that they don;t destroy well establisehedd characters for new fashionable ones that will get broing quickly... I would think that this is just an extensive training exercise and i woudl not for any momment assume that Cyclops is a Skrull or that the "Brotherhood" mutants are bad: anyways Cannonball is meant to be joining Cable's new strike force.

#28 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"fesak says:

That would make sense... I just hope that they don;t destroy well establisehedd characters for new fashionable ones that will get broing quickly... I would think that this is just an extensive training exercise and i woudl not for any momment assume that Cyclops is a Skrull or that the "Brotherhood" mutants are bad: anyways Cannonball is meant to be joining Cable's new strike force."

Cannonball sure is everywhere. He's going to be in the X-Men: Divided we Stand books, and Mike Carey just said he would be in the X-Men: Secret Invasion mini too.

#29 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a topic of coversation.. Is Cannonball becoming the new Wolverine? With him being any and everywhere lately, one has to wonder!

#30 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"There's a topic of coversation.. Is Cannonball becoming the **new** Wolverine? With him being any and everywhere lately, one has to wonder!"

Stark is the new Wolverine, not Cannonball.

#31 Posted by greekpimp (52 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"The other reason why it didn't work is that they spoiled in interviews that the New Mutant would be brought in as trainers. Thinking about it, if it is the real Cyclops he's only doing this to train them, while tricking them into believing this is real."

Thats a really good prediction, I hope your right. It doesnt make much sense as to why they would turn evil all of a sudden.....

#32 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know about Elixir? Is he going to be in it? Because if not am not gonna' bother with the series. If Elixir isn't in it.

#33 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Anyone know about Elixir? Is he going to be in it? Because if not am not gonna' bother with the series. If Elixir isn't in it."

No. But he will show up in X-Force.

As stupid as Inks powers are there seems to be several others with tattoo powers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattooed_Man

#34 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"Anyone know about Elixir? Is he going to be in it? Because if not am not gonna' bother with the series. If Elixir isn't in it."
No. But he will show up in X-Force. As stupid as Inks powers are there seems to be several others with tattoo powers.
" />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattooed_Man"

Wow..........

#35 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Is "Final Genesis" set before or after the first arc of X-Force? How come Wolfsbane is on the Brotherhood when she is meant to be in Purifier captivity?

I think the New Brotherhood has been selected quite well: each and every member is angry or annoyed. Moreover, the X-Men have disbanded so there is very little mutant support or base for these mutants. If the X-Men had not disbanded then mabye this Brotherhood would not exist.

Here are possible reasons why the members are on the Brotherhood:

• Wolfsbane: If "Final Genesis" si set after the first arc of X-Force then one can see why. Cyclops asks her to join a new squad and to ditch her friends from X-Factor. He then gets taken prisoner and then shot and drugged by the Purifiers whilst on mission.

• Cannonball: His brother died at the institute, when in reality the X-Men could have prevented Icarus and thus prevented his death. In 'Divided We Stand: Book One' he seemed a bit bummed about his loss to Sinister.

• Moonstar: She was kicked out of the Institute after loosing her powers.

• Magma: Forced to kill Mr M whilst staying with the 198, furthermore she has destroyed a town before.

• Sunspot: Lord Imperial of the baddest club in town.

However, all of these characters appear the cover for Uncanny #500, where only X-Men members are, suggesting that they may rejoin the X-Men when they reform.

As stated in previous posts, the Cyclops shown may not actually be Cyclops himself and they may not be truly evil, hell, Young X-Men may not be an official squad. 'Cyclops' could be an Hellfire villain (not truly cyclops) that is pitting Young X-Men against Sunspot's team: we do see Pierce killing a member... it may be him with new implants.

#36 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Darkchild says:
"LexiCat says:
who are ur favs"

Mercury and Hellion"

I..... I love you. :P

#37 Posted by superthug (1 posts) - - Show Bio

what happen to Surge i loved her in new x men she had a nice moment in her undies as well

#38 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

superthug says:

"what happen to Surge i loved her in new x men she had a nice moment in her undies as well"

she died.

#39 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, so far, I'm not liking the series.

#40 Posted by Alexander Fletch (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Eh, so far, I'm not liking the series."

COPY???

#41 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexander Fletch says:

"Copy says:
"Eh, so far, I'm not liking the series."
COPY???"

ALEXANDER FLETCH???? (Who I have no idea who he is)

#42 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG!!! issue 11 was so good! how can it be getting canceled?!?!?!?!

#43 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

#44 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"OMG!!! issue 11 was so good! how can it be getting canceled?!?!?!?!
"
Maybe because the first issues were crap.
#45 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! it's been good for two issues now!!

and

Spoiler

Dust is Dead
#46 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"YES! it's been good for two issues now!!

and

Spoiler

Dust is Dead
"
Complete shit. Why do Marvel persist on maiming decent teenage characters?
#47 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Sooraya!

Maybe Pierce will save her.

#48 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Sooraya!

Maybe Pierce will save her.
"

Maybe she'll be the second character to die a pointless death in this series.
#49 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

wolf cub doesn't count, he had 2 fans. Dust was interesting and waaaay different from many of the other characters. She has to live!

#50 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"wolf cub doesn't count, he had 2 fans. Dust was interesting and waaaay different from many of the other characters. She has to live!
"
Wolf Cub had potential, but instead he was pathetically killed.
Then, the man who killed him is simply held captive? What the actual f%^k? The YX don't torture him? He deserves to die.

Dust better not actually be dead. She is one of the best X-Woman ever for the reason you stated. But Marvel just like abusing decent characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.