razzatazz's Young Romance: The New 52 Valentine's Day Special #1 - Think it Through; The Lighthouse; Dreamer; Seoul Brothers; Another Saturday Night; Truth or Dare review

A grave marker

I am going to put aside my distaste for the Wonder Woman and Superman romance which is ruining the cover for me.  I am also going to put aside that this is partially a business move for DC, both because of the fact that they canceled so many new 52 books that there are not enough to make a full list of 52 titles for the month and because they get to maintain rights to their old series "Young Romance."  On that last point, I am going to put aside that as a fan of the campiness of the old romance comics that I actually kind of like the original series of Young Romance.  With all of this out of the way, this is just simply not a very good issue.  It contains a number of stories but most of them give too much of a trivial treatment of love, don't do justice to well-established characterizations, ignore other developments in the plots of DC titles, or a combination of all three of these.  The art in some of the stories is also hard to look at.  Just generally it seems like DC did not put a lot of effort into this.

Other reviews for Young Romance: The New 52 Valentine's Day Special #1 - Think it Through; The Lighthouse; Dreamer; Seoul Brothers; Another Saturday Night; Truth or Dare