Young Justice Will Kick Ass

Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I was at New York Comic con.

In an article by IGN, IGN get a look behind the show Young Justice. Article here:  http://tv.ign.com/articles/112/1126674p1.html

In the article, it goes in to questions and answers about what Young Justice will be about:

-- The Justice League aren't in the show "a lot a lot." Batman is around to hand out missions and Red Tornado is kind of like the kids' den mother, while Black Canary is in charge of training them.
-- Captain Marvel will hang around with the group since he's secretly a 10-year-old kid.
-- "Secrets and lies" will be a big part of the show. The Justice League is keeping secrets from Young Justice. The kids are keeping secrets from each other, and even from themselves.
-- Dick Grayson's identity is secret, though he does tell Kid Flash. But don't tell Batman that he did.
-- Will we see Wondergirl or Captain Marvel Jr.? The producers are staying quiet now, but you can expect over 150 DC universe characters to show up in the first 18 episodes alone.
-- Speedy's membership in the group is unclear. "Watch the first episode."
-- Going with Wally and Dick was in keeping with the whole concept of portraying the early years of the DC world.
-- The show will be dark, but also expect a lot of humor and romance. Joss Whedon's work is a big influence.
-- There is "tremendous significance" to the ice theme of the villains in the clips screened.
-- There are no embargoes from the studio on any characters, though at the beginning of the series there were four characters they couldn't use. That's no longer the case.
-- The producers heavily hinted that the Wonder Twins might show up.
-- Jay Garrick will show up, meaning that there was a Golden Age of superheroes in this world.
-- Characters will age.
-- The producers have great hopes for the toys, bed sheets, talking banks and so on that will be based on the series.
-- The technology won't be too far advanced beyond what exists in reality.

A preview of Young Justice is due to premiere next month, while the season premiere will be around January next year. What are you guys thoughts?  I was already hyped up about it when I heard about this show at Comic Con, and I'm even more hyped now. Greg Wesiman did a spectacular job on The Spectacular Spider-man and I can wait to see how this show comes about.
#1 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden: I am actually already disapointed.
#2 Posted by War Killer (19964 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that it will be darker, I love my cartoons to be funny, but when you throw in some dark tones to it, like they did with Batman and Superman the Animated Series, or how Spectacular Spider-Man was on a darker/serious tone as well, I have hopes for this show.

#3 Posted by Captain13 (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

I can hardly wait for the premiere.

#4 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach:  How come? 

@War Killer:  I agree. While most superhero cartoons don't necessary need to be dark to be good, I think it's needed. Superheroes shouldn't win all the time, and I think most shows need more death. And since its a show about teenagers, we can see them make mistakes at time an hopefully grow from them. 
#5 Posted by War Killer (19964 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden: Agreed, plus the fact that it will be more serious we can see deeper stories when it comes to romance and what not, most cartoons don't really show that side, but it's a nice touch in the comics. But I agree with the fact that their still kids, they will screw up at times, make mistakes, get people killed and what not, and it makes for a better story to see them fall and then see them get back up and rise to becoming something greater than they were before.
#6 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Dick is Robin in this series, I wonder if later on we'll see him as Nightwing?

#7 Posted by goatman2112 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Artemis is actually wonder girl. When Cassandra first appeared she was wearing a disguise and if she had amazonian training then she would be proficient in archery and ancient weapons based on their warrior culture. Or maybe that's just me clinging to beliefs that young justice will actually be like young justice.

#8 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm VERY disappointed in the character choices (leaving only one member of the comic Young Justice on the team) but overall what we've seen of the show looks like it should be good...it should just be called Teen Titans. 

I can understand using the Young Justice name for what's essentially a Teen Titans show for copyright reasons but I don't understand the need to cancel Teen Titans only to reboot it with a less anime look when they could simply make a Young Justice cartoon that's you know, actually about Young Justice.
#9 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:
" @Crom-Cruach:  How come? "
do you want me to tell you the major reasons or all of them?
#10 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom:  I see your point that Young Justice is like another Teen Titans, and man do I miss that show, but honestly, I can't see what else they could do with Teen Titans since they went through most of the major story arcs in the comics, but then again, they did improvise. Teen Titans Go! was doing a great job keeping the theme of the cartoon.

@Crom-Cruach: I did kind of ask lol.
#11 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so exited!!

#12 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Duo_forbidden: I am actually already disapointed. "

Me and you both Crom.
#13 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" I'm VERY disappointed in the character choices (leaving only one member of the comic Young Justice on the team) but overall what we've seen of the show looks like it should be good...it should just be called Teen Titans.  I can understand using the Young Justice name for what's essentially a Teen Titans show for copyright reasons but I don't understand the need to cancel Teen Titans only to reboot it with a less anime look when they could simply make a Young Justice cartoon that's you know, actually about Young Justice. "
I am disappointed in the character choice as well and give Dick and Wally Tim and Bart's costumes was a huge tease in the beginning when first announced when all we had was the pics and I was like hell ya Tim and Bart than I got depressed
#14 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Zoom said:
" I'm VERY disappointed in the character choices (leaving only one member of the comic Young Justice on the team) but overall what we've seen of the show looks like it should be good...it should just be called Teen Titans.  I can understand using the Young Justice name for what's essentially a Teen Titans show for copyright reasons but I don't understand the need to cancel Teen Titans only to reboot it with a less anime look when they could simply make a Young Justice cartoon that's you know, actually about Young Justice. "
I am disappointed in the character choice as well and give Dick and Wally Tim and Bart's costumes was a huge tease in the beginning when first announced when all we had was the pics and I was like hell ya Tim and Bart than I got depressed "
That I'll admit makes me disappointed that Tim and Bart are not going to be Robin and Kid Flash. Other than that, I like what hear and see so far.
#15 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden:  Where do I start? Alright, here goes:
1-Batman just being the guy that mostly shows up to hand missions is not cool. Batman is too awesome to be used this way. When Batman is in a show, I want to see him in action. Otherwise, don't use him at all
2-Red Tornado is not a den mother and should not be used that way. He is a cool super-hero, he deserves more
3-Black Canary deserves better then to be just the lady training them
4-Secret and lies part is just a cool way of saying typical teen drama, pass
5-there is no way they can threat fairly 150 DC characters in one show.
6-Joss Whedon sucks, any show inspired by him will probably suck a lot (I went there, yes)
7-the world should pretend the wonder twins never existed.
8-DC does not have technology like our world. Even the basic U.S military has had teleporters in it's hangars for years.
9-Billy Batson deserves better then what is hinted here.
#16 Posted by MrDirector786 (43395 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll judge this show once it starts airing. Looks like it might be okay from what I've seen though.

#17 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:

"2-Red Tornado is not a den mother and should not be used that way. He is a cool super-hero, he deserves more 

4-Secret and lies part is just a cool way of saying typical teen drama, pass  

7-the world should pretend the wonder twins never existed.. "

These show you haven't read the Young Justice series. 

Den Mother Reddy

Secret and Spectre

Wonder Twins
#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really looking forward to this. Conner in an animated series! Wooo!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.