Young Justice series update :)

Posted by roxamilli (184 posts) - - Show Bio

In my previous blog entry, I made assumptions about the upcoming Young Justice cartoon series.  But as more information came to light during comic-con, it's clear that I was wrong. But hey, life goes on.  So here's some updates. 

1.)  okay, first of all, the series is not canon, it's multiverse. So there's a legit reason for the different line-up 

2.)  Robin is Dick Grayson, not Tim Drake D: (who originally lead the team in the comic book). Good news for DG fans, bad news for TD ones ):  bbut everybody wins because hey, there's a new DC cartoon coming out soon. 

3.)  Naturally, if Dick Grayson is Robin, then Wally West is Kid Flash. Not Bart Allen (D: whyyyyy?) but like i said before, it's not canon. It's multiverse. 

4.)  The new Aqualad? He's the son of villain Black Manta (nope, not token at all) and he's unique because he's being introduced into comics for the first time too, sometime in the  Brightest Day storyline. 

Changes aside, I'm still looking forward to this series. 

Here's some updated info: 

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/23/new-video-gives-first-look-at-the-young-justice-animated-serie/

#1 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

it makes sense that they're going with Dick and Wally since they want Young Justice to be about this universe's first teen team and full of teen angst and super teen problems and that doesn't work if there were other teen heroes before them that they could turn to for help

#2 Posted by roxamilli (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:
that's true. a lot less baggage makes for easier storytelling
#3 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: i get that but i'd still rather Tim and Bart, two reasons for it would be Tim, Bart and Kon's relationship as the founding members and best friends and Tim and Bart had mentors that were also sidekicks Dick and Wally

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.