Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Young Justice - Secrets (Episode discussion, SPOILERS)

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The Lobster

So what did you guys think? Every DC superhero show has the "girls night out" story, this is that episode. So what did you guys think?  

No Caption Provided
    Here are my basic thoughts of the episode....

- Of course the only person on the group who knows Artemis' identity is Robin. Funny how he's known all along but never really seemed to find it important to bring it up.

- I wasn't a big Zatanna fan before this, but I'm liking her more and more I see her. The problem with all the other shows that had Zatanna, none of them really seemed to give her any sort of character, she was just a magician who talked backwards. This show actually seems to be giving Zatanna an actual character, I can see now she's very mature for her age but still doesn't mind listening to other's problems which makes her kindhearted. I'm liking this character more and more, I hope she becomes a regular.

- For an episode called "secrets", and about Artemis, not a lot of secrets revealed. We get a few hints every now and then, but with the exception of the big one with Harm.... that's about it. Mild complaint.

- Kudos for the creators for going this dark, not a lot of shows can do that on a station that specializes in kids cartoons. Harm killing his sister, even though they slyly sneak around it by not using the words death, kill, or murder... it's still pretty obvious.

I'm really digging this show, it's only on its first season and already it's as good as Justice League Unlimited. Finally a DC show worth watching.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

HAHA 90's Superboy scostume....Should have been worn by Conner.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The more I watch it the more it makes me wish Aqua Lad would make an appearance in the DCnU

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor
    noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By noj

Really awesome episode! I loved seeing some more of Zatanna and her pairing with Artemis was great. The original Superboy costume appearance was also much appreciated. But probably my favorite part of the episode was the meeting of the, i guess you could say, "inner circle" of Young Justice. They're finally having the meeting that they should have had as soon as Aqualad learned about the mole. One thing that I noticed though is that Aqualad is a bit too trusting and naive. He absolutely refuses the possibility that there could be a mole, especially when there is a very real chance that Superboy could be the mole not acting of his own free will. It may just be me but it kinda looks like Robin noticed Aqualads flaw as well.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@noj said:

Really awesome episode! I loved seeing some more of Zatanna and her pairing with Artemis was great. The original Superboy costume appearance was also much appreciated. But probably my favorite part of the episode was the meeting of the, i guess you could say, "inner circle" of Young Justice. They're finally having the meeting that they should have had as soon as Aqualad learned about the mole. One thing that I noticed though is that Aqualad is a bit too trusting and naive. He absolutely refuses the possibility that there could be a mole, especially when there is a very real chance that Superboy could be the mole not acting of his own free will. It may just be me but it kinda looks like Robin noticed Aqualads flaw as well.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

I only have one question. Is Harm in the comics? I never read Young Justice so is he?

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
    teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By teamextrodinary15

I really liked this episode, one of my favories. And I thought he did say he killed her at the end?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I thought it was great. I am actually going to do a video review on it later today. So, I will post it here.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Kairan1979
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Harm is in the comics, Just an obscure character, or at least one of those one time only characters like Graviton with the Avengers.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

My only complaint is that at the end the final fight between Artemis and Harm because in the first fight Harm is schooling her like a grand master or something and not even trying but all of a sudden the next time they fight she gets a flawless victory. I understand he was distracted and fighting his inner demons the second time but for his skilll level to drop that far doesn't make any sense and the reason Artemis lost so badly in round one was because she was also fighting her inner demon and she still is in the second fight too. they were both fighting demons in the second fight so even if Artemis still wins the second fight it should have been a much closer fight not a curbstomp

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By RedOwl_1

Good episode (the series don't have one bad... for me)

Was weird for me that Artemis was... jealous? of Megan, I didn't think that she liked Conner, that get me overwhelmed (lil' reference eh )

I knew Secret thanks toSins of Youthbut I didn't knew that she was a ghost, thanks to his brother that killed she

Spooooky:Swhen I learned that I had ghostbumps

@Primmaster64 said:

Just look his face

No Caption Provided
    "You have to be kidding"
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@BlackArmor: Good point.

Inpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Inpa

I liked it. I think Harm is way awesome.

Inpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Inpa

I didn't know Artemis was into superkid like that either. I mean, she made a flirty remark on him in her debut, but nothing really serious. She'll probably end up with Wally anyway, and Robin with Zatanna, unless they want that Barbara cameo to mean something anyway.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18  Edited By The Lobster
    @teamextrodinary15 said:
    I really liked this episode, one of my favories. And I thought he did say he killed her at the end?
    He never actually used the words "killed". He says and I quote...."She was the only thing Harm ever loved, that's why she had to go. Harm's heart had to be pure. Greta had to be cut out, excised like an infection." Which is how this can get by the censors, they never use the actual words "killed" or "murdered". They sneak by it by referring to the killing as an "it." The closest they ever got was when Zatanna says "how did you die?" .....so I guess it's okay to say she died, but they have to sneak by the fact her brother was the one to kill her.

The censors work in such a bizarre and funny way.
    Avatar image for curbsideprophet
    CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CurbsideProphet
    @Primmaster64 said:
    I loved that reference. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my house who understood it.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Bestostero

I loveeeedddd this episode! My second favorite one right now.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Inpa: Yeah Robin with Zatanna, Artemis Wally, Megan-Superboy, & Aqualad might be the Piccolo of the group, The one that never experiences love and is always serious.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Bestostero

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Inpa: Yeah Robin with Zatanna, Artemis Wally, Megan-Superboy, & Aqualad might be the Piccolo of the group, The one that never experiences love and is always serious.

Don't forget Roy and Cheshire, the best couple lol :)

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
    teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Lobster : ok cool

Inpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Inpa
    @Jnr6Lil
    Stoic coolguy who's secretly longing. Remember that time he went back to Atlantis and wanted that girl, but she was dating his other best friend?
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By papad1992

@Jnr6Lil said:

Don't forget that Rocket might be joining the group later on so there's plenty of match making happening or going to happen anyways!!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By papad1992

Oh and did anybody else love the cameos of all the different superpowered costumed teenagers at the dance!!? That overweight Wonder Woman was hilarious!! Oh and Bumblebee's costume looked awesome!!

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@papad1992: Well he MIGHT be joinining, just pure speculation @xhavoc86: That too

@Inpa said:

@Jnr6Lil: Stoic coolguy who's secretly longing. Remember that time he went back to Atlantis and wanted that girl, but she was dating his other best friend?

Ah yes I remember.

allhailme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By allhailme

I'm surprised no one mention the best part- the marvin the martian shoutout.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By papad1992

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992: Well he MIGHT be joinining, just pure speculation

Um... Rocket's a girl!!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By fodigg

This ep was okay. Nothing groundbreaking but a good holiday-themed one-and-done and I like that it brought back some YJ-specific characters. The best part was definitely the 90s superboy costume.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@fodigg said:

This ep was okay. Nothing groundbreaking but a good holiday-themed one-and-done and I like that it brought back some YJ-specific characters. The best part was definitely the 90s superboy costume.

Well put

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.