Young Justice "Revelation" + Identities of the Lights are shown!

#1 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Another SUPERB episode, LOVE the cameos of all the various League members Captain Atom, Guy Gardner <3

Artemis and Wally are now kinda flirty with each other...just what we needed...like Miss Martian and Superboy wasnt enough lol my biggest problem was probably that the kiddies were able to go toe to toe with Joker, Count Vertigo, Black Adam, Atomic Skull, Poison Ivy, Wotan, and Grodd(???) I also hate the addition of the Wolf, was the wolf part if the comics? it seems so out of place to me lol

Anyways what did you guys think of the identities of the lights? (did I miss anyone?)

Vandal Savage, Lex Luthor, Ra's al Ghul, Klarion, the Brain, Queen Bee, Ocean Master

#2 Posted by danhimself (22310 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#4 Posted by MrMazz (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

Really dug this episode finally things got real big and Justice League worthy. Looks like you got all of them I dug the idea of using the Injustice League name but man the show needs more Joker and Black Adam.

Who was the voice of the Joker really think he stole the show. Using the helmet of Fate was a little to deus machina for me.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the Zatanna ep.

#6 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

Short appearance by ICON was awesome!

#7 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Icon

#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy fought Black Adam

#9 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam taking orders without question just seemed a little "off" to me. The dog, I believe, is supposed to be a revision of Wonderpup from the Superriends cartoon. Otherwise, it was a good episode altogether.

#10 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

not Grodd....Ultra Humanite

Ahhhh thanks for pointing that out, I couldn't figure it out.

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker and Black Adam didn't feel right and that kind of screwed up the whole thing. on the other hand ICON  
so automatic A+
#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@Burnstar1230 said:

Black Adam taking orders without question just seemed a little "off" to me. The dog, I believe, is supposed to be a revision of Wonderpup from the Superriends cartoon. Otherwise, it was a good episode altogether.

Yeah, I think he is kind of a mash up of dog characters...he however highly resembles Rex the Wonder Dog

This series never fails to amaze...good stuff
#13 Posted by noj (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMazz: I personally really didnt like the Jokers voice. It just didnt mesh to me. It was like he was trying 12 different things at once with the most prevalent being Heath Ledger Joker, but to me it just came off like the million bad impressions we all heard right after the Dark Knight was released. Seeing the Helmet of Fate was definately Deus Ex but it was a REALLY awesome moment, though slightly ruined when Aqualad was allowed to take it off at the end. It would have been an awesome direction to take the show if Kaldur was trapped in the Helmet of Fate for at least a few episodes.

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23233 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally really didnt like the Jokers voice. It just didnt mesh to me. It was like he was trying 12 different things at once with the most prevalent being Heath Ledger Joker,

this, also, even though i found the Joker funny in this episode, it felt kinda...forced at moments, like some guy was cosplaying what he thought the Joker would sound like, some lines just made me roll my eyes 

Ivy- 'its impressive how you can juggle multiple scenarios" 

Joker- "i've had practice...juggling my multiple personalities" 

ugh
#15 Posted by TenguMan8 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a very good episode, and the cameos have been awesome, especially the ones made by Icon and Rocket.

#16 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2194 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

@MrMazz: I personally really didnt like the Jokers voice. It just didnt mesh to me. It was like he was trying 12 different things at once with the most prevalent being Heath Ledger Joker, but to me it just came off like the million bad impressions we all heard right after the Dark Knight was released. Seeing the Helmet of Fate was definately Deus Ex but it was a REALLY awesome moment, though slightly ruined when Aqualad was allowed to take it off at the end. It would have been an awesome direction to take the show if Kaldur was trapped in the Helmet of Fate for at least a few episodes.

I agree. The voice probably would've been better on another character, though.

And I don't agree with the OP that the team was able to go toe to toe with the Injustice League. The team put up a fight, but they were defeated like they should've been, even though they managed to complete their mission. The appearance of Icon was a nice easter egg. I wish Robin tussled with Ivy and Joker a bit more, though.

#17 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was an ok Joker, the lines were bad but I thought the voice actor did ok... lol

I was surprised to find out that Alyssa Milano did Poison Ivy.

#18 Posted by The Lobster (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

My own two cents on the Joker...

Well there were moments where the actor hit the mark almost perfectly. He managed to get the laugh down somewhat. Some lines like "I've always wanted to carve this bird" and "Schools out" were hit dead on, other lines like "Children foiled our plan" and "There won't be another day" (Although this was a badass moment) just didn't mesh well. So basically I have to say that if they had gave Joker his own episode, maybe I'd have warmed up to him more. As it is, I only see potential. He's better than Jeff Bennett and Kevin Micheal Richardson's Joker, but no where close to be like Mark Hamill or John Dimaggio. 

As for the whole episode.....awesome!!!! Everything I could have ever wanted, we get to see some more Justice League Members some cool villains (Although I was disappointed they didn't give Black Adam and Ultrahumanite any lines), and finally the members of the light are all shown. Now the only question remains.....who's the mole? Artemis, Red Tornado, maybe even Miss Martian or Superboy. 

This show is shaping up to be as good as Justice League Unlimited.

#19 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster said:

My own two cents on the Joker... Well there were moments where the actor hit the mark almost perfectly. He managed to get the laugh down somewhat. Some lines like "I've always wanted to carve this bird" and "Schools out" were hit dead on, other lines like "Children foiled our plan" and "There won't be another day" (Although this was a badass moment) just didn't mesh well. So basically I have to say that if they had gave Joker his own episode, maybe I'd have warmed up to him more. As it is, I only see potential. He's better than Jeff Bennett and Kevin Micheal Richardson's Joker, but no where close to be like Mark Hamill or John Dimaggio. As for the whole episode.....awesome!!!! Everything I could have ever wanted, we get to see some more Justice League Members some cool villains (Although I was disappointed they didn't give Black Adam and Ultrahumanite any lines), and finally the members of the light are all shown. Now the only question remains.....who's the mole? Artemis, Red Tornado, maybe even Miss Martian or Superboy. This show is shaping up to be as good as Justice League Unlimited.

I know I'm alone on this but I thought the Joker was pretty cool, he had a new take that will definitely take some getting use to. However I think I can get past his voice acting if I get to see more of him, I did like his knives they reminded me a bit more of Heath Ledger's Joker. And the fact that he Dual wielded them made this Joker a bit more combat ready, he gave me the impression of a younger more agile Joker that may be a stooge but a more H2H lethal one. Not to say the joker was never lethal, but I think this Joker is more for the current times, I liked him but that's just me.

#20 Edited by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Regarding The Light...Why is Klarion there? he isn't really a villain in the same caliber as the rest of them..I think. I only really know him fromhis DCAU appearance, though I heard he was moreofan anti-heroin the comics...

And I heard Rocket makes an appearance, but Icon too? This sounds awesome, can't wait to see it myself...

#21 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a good episode, but what really got me was that they put Guy in!!!!

#22 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw Joker's face, I knew this was going to be an EPIC episode even though his voice left alone to be desired. I dont think they did justice to the injustice league. Everyone apart off Wutan, Black Adam, and Vertigo were really weakened. Joker & Ivy in particular shoulda put up more of a fight imo. Possible pairing of Robin + Artemis and KF+Artemis were hinted at. Im suprised KF and Artemis dont know that Superboy & M'gann r a couple. 

I love all the cameo appearances of the Justice League in full flight. It was also nice to see Red Arrow, Green Arrow, and Black Canary working together. It looks like Red Arrow has put the past behind him. All in all another good episode.

#23 Posted by ChadwickDavis (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@xhavoc86:

"I also hate the addition of the Wolf, was the wolf part if the comics? it seems so out of place to me lol"

Actually I think the wolf was a unofficial nod to "Rex the Wonder Dog" and in this case I think it was a nice touch...interesting, but nice

Anyways what did you guys think of the identities of the lights? (did I miss anyone?)

Vandal Savage, Ra's al Ghul, Lex Luthor, Queen Bee, Ocean Master, The Brain, Klarion...Liked them all except The Brain Circe would have Been a much Better Choice

#24 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@ChadwickDavis
I'd personally have replaced the brain with the Joker and put Circe in the injustice league instead but other than that the lights seems like such a badass group., I already guess some of the identities of the Light but I didnt see Queen Bee & Savage. That was def a shocker. Im suprised Grod isnt in the light. Nevertheless whatever the Lights planning its bound to be epic.
#25 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Dead Pool said:

I thought it was a good episode, but what really got me was that they put Guy in!!!!

I really like his look in Young Justice! :)

#26 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

@xhavoc86: I do to. I hope that if they put him in Green Lantern 2(They better put him in!!!) they make his costume look like this.

#27 Edited by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Deathstroke fighting this team so bad.. :(

#28 Posted by ChadwickDavis (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss:

"I'd personally have replaced the brain with the Joker and put Circe in the injustice league instead but other than that the lights seems like such a badass group."

I like the idea of the Joker as a core member of the light, but he typically is way too chaotic for any team to maintain any type of long term cohesion with as a "leader." As far as Circe goes, I think she is way too powerful and manipulative to be a member of that incarnation injustice league (though the same could be said of Poison Ivy as well)

I already guess some of the identities of the Light but I didn't see Queen Bee & Savage. That was def a shocker. Im suprised Grod isnt in the light. Nevertheless whatever the Lights planning its bound to be epic.

I expected that Queen Bee was going to be the Contessa (Erica Alexandra del Portenza), Savage was a given, and I agree in regards to Grodd, he is powerful but way too overused.

#29 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no problem with the main members of the lights. I'm only making a guess in saying that the Lights are not simply hell-bent on taking over the world, but know about aliens heading towards Earth, hence the name of Season 2's title. With the absence of alien super-villains since the beginning, I feel that somehow the villains are in cohorts in some extraterrestial buggers.

#30 Edited by The_Tree (7245 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMazz said:

Really dug this episode finally things got real big and Justice League worthy. Looks like you got all of them I dug the idea of using the Injustice League name but man the show needs more Joker and Black Adam.

Who was the voice of the Joker really think he stole the show. Using the helmet of Fate was a little to deus machina for me.

Brent Spiner.

Fun Fact- Brent Spiner was Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (14508 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker and Adam were off here.

#32 Posted by NinjaProtocol (105 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Lobster said:
My own two cents on the Joker...  Well there were moments where the actor hit the mark almost perfectly. He managed to get the laugh down somewhat. Some lines like "I've always wanted to carve this bird" and "Schools out" were hit dead on, other lines like "Children foiled our plan" and "There won't be another day" (Although this was a badass moment) just didn't mesh well. So basically I have to say that if they had gave Joker his own episode, maybe I'd have warmed up to him more. As it is, I only see potential. He's better than Jeff Bennett and Kevin Micheal Richardson's Joker, but no where close to be like Mark Hamill or John Dimaggio.   As for the whole episode.....awesome!!!! Everything I could have ever wanted, we get to see some more Justice League Members some cool villains (Although I was disappointed they didn't give Black Adam and Ultrahumanite any lines), and finally the members of the light are all shown. Now the only question remains.....who's the mole? Artemis, Red Tornado, maybe even Miss Martian or Superboy.   This show is shaping up to be as good as Justice League Unlimited.
I like you, especially that part I bolded. I was hoping it would be Mark Hamill or John DiMaggio, but he did alright. And when the Justice League showed up, I was thinking "Joker better not surrender. I don't care if Bats, Supes, and WW are all there(I didn't see WW though), he better not surrender.
#33 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Yeah. Adam looked like an elf on steroids.

#34 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yeah. Adam looked like an elf on steroids.

he looked how he always looks...didn't he??
#35 Posted by Taliax (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam didn't talk and took orders!?! He could have easily beat the young justice team by himself. Why would he even surrender at the end? Why would the Joker even be with powerhouses like Adam and Wotan.

#36 Posted by Joygirl (18841 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a great episode, honestly. But... man... that Joker... I'm very disappointed in Data. :( I hated the voice, all of his lines, his suit, his face, his absurd sideburns, and his knives. He really DID nothing but wiggle his fingers a bit and miss with some Ledger knives. The voice seemed... strained, like he was trying but just.. didn't know what was going on. Mark Hamill, Kevin Michael Richardson, or John DiMaggio all would have been welcome in his place. It was like some godawful blend of Ledger and "normal" Joker that DID not work in my opinion. Young Justice's worst characterisation since their mockery of Riddler. Other than that, I liked the episode, though I was expecting some more from Black Adam than the general mook-ery he displayed.

#37 Posted by jason44143 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the episode overall. but the jokers design, and dialogue bugged me a lot. Ivy's voice also didnt sound right she sounded more bimbo-ish than sexy, sorry Alyssa Milano, youre still on my top ten hottest list. With the Joker, I think it was the hair that really made him look weird, and im open to new character designs, but the hair didnt exactly say "im crazy", it was almost too perfect. The voice seemed a little off, i think i could get past it if it werent for his terrible dialogue. Every quip or joke he said had no wit at all. It was so corny, and obvious. If hes going to say something make what he says dark and threatening, or make it actually witty not something like "Some might call me a control freak, others, just a freak". ugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.