Young Justice Returns to Cartoon Network September 16

• 77 results
Posted by G-Man (32687 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you remember that show that used to be on Cartoon Network called Young Justice? It was a great show but not all of the episodes were in the can before the show premiered. Fans have been frustrated but the good news is there are indeed more new episodes coming. In fact, next Friday, September 16, be sure to set/update your DVRs.

"Targets" premieres on Cartoon Network at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT. Red Arrow's battle to prevent the League of Shadows from inciting a war puts him up against the world's most dangerous assassins. It also allies him with someone that is even more dangerous. Too bad for Roy Aqualad couldn't convince him him to ask the team for help...

Check out these videos courtesy of Cartoon Network and Warner Bros.

== TEASER ==

If that wasn't enough to get your anxious for next Friday, how about these images?

Staff
#1 Posted by Transmetal (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet

#2 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

About damn time....But too bad I already saw that episode.

#3 Posted by MrMazz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY and btw just saying you can see this on youtube already but YAY I love this show sooo happy.

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4450 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad thing is that this episode has been on youtube for months. Good episode though.

#5 Posted by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio
FINALLY! I love this show!
#6 Posted by longbowhunter (7048 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to it!
#7 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a pretty good show, not to be a troll bringing it up but I think I am more excited for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest heroes.

#8 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Though there would be a major time line error I wish Tim was Robin so Jason could have already had his shot as Robin, then we could see Jason as Red Hood and team up with Red Arrow. Something kinda cool I thought of.

#9 Posted by Ultimate_MiracleMan (73 posts) - - Show Bio

About bloody time!

#10 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked this episode. This is the only 'new' episode until next year though.

#11 Posted by Texaswatermelon (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@Burnstar1230: I doubt they are going to air one episode and go back on hiatus.

#12 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! I'm super excited to see new episodes!

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (12703 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God!! I've been fiending, I already seen Targets but I'll watch it again

#14 Posted by Aeroman (498 posts) - - Show Bio

about damn time

#15 Posted by edmanastro (6 posts) - - Show Bio

you couldve seen that on youtube like three months ago
#16 Posted by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah its nice this show is coming back I like the changes they've made to most of the characters though I am hoping for a lot more character development with Superboy and Miss Martian. While outside Aqualad none of the character got alot of development in the first  season as the focus was more on the growth of the team, it would be nice if they would come back around to the development of Superboy and his interactions with Superman. I thought he had a good jump in character after Black Canary started to train him but we still need to get to the real meeting and long interaction between him and Supes so he can move past the angry teenager phase. I don't want him to drop his more combative attitude (its a nice feature that allows him to be seperate from Superman in how he views heroics) but it would be nice to stop his constant sulkiness and whinning.
#17 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

South Rhelasia and North Rhelasia? Um...can you just say South and North Korea? Seriously, lol. Speedy's confusion over the metric system was awesome though lol. And is it me or does J'onn sound more Asian all of a sudden? I so need to get into this show again.

#18 Posted by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

oh forgot to mention that I still wish the DCnU Teen Titans was instead called Young Justice. I'm sure they didn't want to confuse the comic book team with the tv team but it just makes so much sense to call the group Young Justice than Teen Titans. Yeah we can't get the well known "Titans Together!" battlecry but I like the idea that these young heroes are so well connected to the Justice League and are really be mentored by the whole hero community rather than possibly having a single mentor and just hanging out together because they're all the same age. The overall feel of this show, in my opinion, would translate well into what DC is trying to accomplish with the revamp. Plus all the costumes in this version look much better than the god awful ultra-hyper 90's copy look that the DCnU Teen Titans seem to have in the preview images (Cassie, Bart, Conner and Tim look like crap).
#19 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@Texaswatermelon said:

@Burnstar1230: I doubt they are going to air one episode and go back on hiatus.

You're right. I just saw that it's three new episodes and then back to hiatus
#20 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah... I've already watched this episode several times on YouTube. It was awesome.
#21 Posted by cattlebattle (12703 posts) - - Show Bio
@ltbrd said:
oh forgot to mention that I still wish the DCnU Teen Titans was instead called Young Justice. I'm sure they didn't want to confuse the comic book team with the tv team but it just makes so much sense to call the group Young Justice than Teen Titans. Yeah we can't get the well known "Titans Together!" battlecry but I like the idea that these young heroes are so well connected to the Justice League and are really be mentored by the whole hero community rather than possibly having a single mentor and just hanging out together because they're all the same age. The overall feel of this show, in my opinion, would translate well into what DC is trying to accomplish with the revamp. Plus all the costumes in this version look much better than the god awful ultra-hyper 90's copy look that the DCnU Teen Titans seem to have in the preview images (Cassie, Bart, Conner and Tim look like crap).
Actually, Young Justice follows the Teen Titans comics more closely than it follows the Young Justice series, The Teen Titans were well connected to Justice League and in t Young Justice they mainly hung out in "the cave" with Red Tornado, it blends both comic series and has its own original stories as well
#22 Posted by FinalAvalanche (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@Burnstar1230: Young Justice only announces upcoming episodes a month at a time, so October will more than likely have new episodes too.
#23 Posted by ultimategirlshileha1236 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

yay1!!!! even though i already saw it on youtube.......

#24 Posted by tbpinkfloyd (126 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been on Cartoon Network's site for awhile

#25 Posted by Qjanuary (4 posts) - - Show Bio

target is not new ... been seen it

#26 Posted by slick23 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, I love this !

#27 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

About time!

But like others, I've seen this episode already, its probably one of my favorites! Red Arrow was awesome in this, and there's Cheshire!

#28 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9008 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this episode is on youtube because it got leaked but I am excited to see young justice coming back. 

#29 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see this.  I don't know which is better Young Justice or Avengers.
#30 Posted by blueninjapanther (676 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY
#31 Posted by Migz13 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this series:D Can't wait to see me some new eps!:D

#32 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's about f*cking time!!!

#33 Posted by Alch21 (210 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47
Dude, thats Red Hood and the Outlaws basicly lols
#34 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Young who? Oh yeah, that show that went on arbitrarily went on hiatus for like 6 months. I'm excited.

#35 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

About time they show this episode. I watched this episode months back lol. Great episode though with Cheshire.

#36 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

#37 Posted by Dazzlergirl0313 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

yay cant wait haha
#38 Edited by EnSabahNurX (2315 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47 said:

Though there would be a major time line error I wish Tim was Robin so Jason could have already had his shot as Robin, then we could see Jason as Red Hood and team up with Red Arrow. Something kinda cool I thought of.

AGREED lol technically i think jason todd was red x on the teen titans cartoon (that costume reminds me of the pill head redhood)
#39 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX: I agree, I bet so much it was Jason. I still wish Tim was Robin so I could see some bad ass Jason scenes in there.....................
#40 Posted by Oghmata (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@ltbrd said:
That wouldn't make any sense at all. Young Justice and Teen Titans are two very different groups in nature. Young Justice is more of an incubator for future members of the JLA that would take over their respective mentors' mantle (just like Wally did for a huge while, or Dick for a short moment). On the other hand, the Teen Titans are more about "F**k off, we are heroes too, wether you like it or not", that's why the "second generation" roster counted several characters who had no mentor at all (Raven, Starfire, Cyborg...). 
The DCnU Teen Titans are just about that, living their life on their own (at least that's what appears to be from Lodbell's interviews), and absolutely not training for the day they'd become members of the JLA. And this time too, the team counts several new characters that are not side-kicks and have no mentor. Thus, them being mentored would make no sense.
#41 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait, after showin the 1 hour movie then premierin the series by showin it in two parts, they plan to show the season two openin... as the ep they accidentally aired 6 weeks ago... I do love CN's inability to play "new" eps~ 

Though I'm happy to see this one again, the villain team up (not Cheshire team up~) is really top notch awesome. Hope to see it again later~ ^_^

#42 Posted by G-Man (32687 posts) - - Show Bio

To everyone that saw this on youtube, be sure to support the network airings rather than online. If a show doesn't have good ratings, more episodes won't be made. Personally, I'd much rather see it on my HD TV rather than my computer monitor. Sure the wait has sucked but be sure to spread the word about it officially airing on television next week.

Staff
#43 Posted by danhimself (22495 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

To everyone that saw this on youtube, be sure to support the network airings rather than online. If a show doesn't have good ratings, more episodes won't be made. Personally, I'd much rather see it on my HD TV rather than my computer monitor. Sure the wait has sucked but be sure to spread the word about it officially airing on television next week.

my thoughts exactly....I caught it while it was up on Cartoon Network but I would much rather watch it on my HD big screen than on my small computer monitor.....I'm definitely watching it again.....also G-Man did you hear that Young Justice won an Emmy!!
#44 Posted by starrk_coyote (623 posts) - - Show Bio
@SladeRogers said:
Yeah... I've already watched this episode several times on YouTube. It was awesome.
yap that gose true to me 2 :-( 
#45 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It's taking long enough. The series isn't good enough to justify these delays. 

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

To be fair...there is a way to watch youtube videos in on you HD TV.
#47 Posted by sentryman555 (765 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: I actually have waited to watch this on TV even though I knew it was online already. I'm with you all the way. This show is great and I want it to last a long time!
#48 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! And took them long enough :/

#49 Posted by xscarletkittie (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

Actually, I don't think it would matter one way or the other. Apparently ratings are determined through volunteers that allow their television viewing to be monitored and random telephone/web surveys. Seems the numbers they come up with are all estimates based off of what little information they get from these volunteers. So it wouldn't matter if you saw it on the date it aired unless you're in the group asked to give input. Of course, they could have updated the way they collect information since I learned about it in class a few years back, though I'm not sure how they would go about doing so. Right to privacy was an issue, I think.

#50 Posted by Billy Batson (57969 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY. 

BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.